The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:47 pm

[ 8 posts ] 
Tournament Lockout Discussion. 

PROFESSIONAL DISCUSSION ONLY. NO INSULTS, SUBLIMINALLY OR BLATANT. NO CANCER. WE ARE CIVIL PEOPLE.

I am genuinely curious to know the opinions of the forums on how they feel about tournaments not being ranked indefinitely due to alting and PTC (Pass the Controller) that other stuff. What are your feelings on this topic? Any solutions you have in mind? How can this change or be fixed going into 2018?

I swear to christ if someone gets salty in here...

Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:17 am

MGN Username: riku434
Currently Playing: Project M
Waifu: Joseph Joestar
Any who is using an alt for a tourney IF they are banned from their main account should definitely be punished.
As for PTC, if the opponent is unable to make it to the tourney from the beginning and someone wants to sub for him I wouldn't mind, however, if someone PTCed anywhere after that, there should be consequences.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:05 pm

MeleeWaluigi wrote:
Any who is using an alt for a tourney IF they are banned from their main account should definitely be punished.
As for PTC, if the opponent is unable to make it to the tourney from the beginning and someone wants to sub for him I wouldn't mind, however, if someone PTCed anywhere after that, there should be consequences.

The deal with the lockout is that, the Union and TO's were aware of the alt being allowed in, as a main TO allowed it, but punished others for alting in that exact same tournament, and then got angry at the community for protesting that the said user was known to be an alt, and wasnt punished, but yet the others were. So they commenced the lockout, angering many.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:12 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
MacThe6God wrote:
MeleeWaluigi wrote:

The deal with the lockout is that, the Union and TO's were aware of the alt being allowed in, as a main TO allowed it, but punished others for alting in that exact same tournament, and then got angry at the community for protesting that the said user was known to be an alt, and wasnt punished, but yet the others were. So they commenced the lockout, angering many.

OKAY. HOLD THE f*** PHONE.

Right, okay, I'm going to just straight up call you out on this s*** considering I initially brought up the lockout. This has been in discussion since mid-November. The 18th was the day we initially started that discussion and decided it would be a thing. We've had this s*** planned for well over a month, don't f*** act like we retaliated over the alt of that player. The particular alt was decided before the tournament, but it was pretty unclear exactly what the deal with him was anyway. I don't agree with allowing him to alt, but what's done is done I suppose and we can only learn from it.

I'll give you the raw text I sent to FearZero:

Discord Logs wrote:
VA|Tenebrae - 11/18/2017
I honestly have a thought. I'd genuinely consider making it so that the union do a moratorium on our events
No Smash Island, no ReduX, no anything
See how they enjoy it

TB | rX | FearZero - 11/18/2017
So
Strife and i been talking
VA|Tenebrae - 11/18/2017
Yup, me and Fear had a discussion regarding TOs and we've had an idea about the state of tournaments
TB | rX | FearZero - 11/18/2017
about the future of the competitive community we try to create
we have had come to the conclusion
that we must let them rot

There's some proof for you.

The lockout has been a predetermined thing for a while. It literally was an idea I brought up after I indefinitely quit TOing (after Empire 2's colossal s***), and it had absolutely nothing to do with the alt. How in the actual hell did you come to that conclusion? Idc what grudge you have with Fear, or how his chat messages have convinced you otherwise, but that lockout has been determined for nearly a month now. Stop being an idiot.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:36 am

It was obvious that I came to a misunderstanding at how the lockout came to be.

That's fine.

But you went and said I was being an idiot due to a misunderstanding?

And it still doesn't justify how a group of six people can decide to freeze over the competitive scene because some children were acting like fools on one occasion.
And if it was a constant thing, WHO THE f*** CARES?

If someone is an alt, SO WHAT? If you were to ever figure that someone was an alt, take points away and move the f*** on.
PTC however is a problem, but there is nothing that can be done about that, unless they are found out. So that in itself is also a "move the f*** on."

The TO'ers Union gave themselves power, but is not acknowledged as a power in the competitive scene in any way, shape or form.
You can obviously see that by the general outrage of the community and the "Who the f*** are these guys?!" Going about in more than one chat.

It's ironic that me of all people would say this, but you guys are being entitled pricks to just decide that you will completely destroy tournaments for a few weeks just because people want to play on different accounts. It's 2018 in the competitive scene. This is the least of any of our problems when it comes to this game.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:26 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
MacThe6God wrote:
It was obvious that I came to a misunderstanding at how the lockout came to be.

That's fine.

But you went and said I was being an idiot due to a misunderstanding?

And it still doesn't justify how a group of six people can decide to freeze over the competitive scene because some children were acting like fools on one occasion.
And if it was a constant thing, WHO THE f*** CARES?

If someone is an alt, SO WHAT? If you were to ever figure that someone was an alt, take points away and move the f*** on.
PTC however is a problem, but there is nothing that can be done about that, unless they are found out. So that in itself is also a "move the f*** on."

The TO'ers Union gave themselves power, but is not acknowledged as a power in the competitive scene in any way, shape or form.
You can obviously see that by the general outrage of the community and the "Who the f*** are these guys?!" Going about in more than one chat.

It's ironic that me of all people would say this, but you guys are being entitled pricks to just decide that you will completely destroy tournaments for a few weeks just because people want to play on different accounts. It's 2018 in the competitive scene. This is the least of any of our problems when it comes to this game.

1) Have you ever actually seeded a tournament with alts? Alts completely disrupt the seeding, especially if they haven't been ranked before. You might have two top players seeded to face each other in round 1 because they've alted. This entirely removes the point of seeding because you could now have a top player in losers. It makes everyone else's life more annoying.

2) This isn't a punishment. We are sick of TOing for people who view us as "entitled pricks" when we sacrifice time, sleep and in my case, my personal wellbeing. I already covered this in my Twitter thread. Just happens that one of the people on board with this lockout is running the FCR. It's literally lasting a month. We aren't stopping anyone from hosting or partaking in tournaments, we just aren't running them ourselves. If anyone thinks we are trying to, they're hilarious misinformed. What exactly do you think we can do to stop it?

EDIT:
Angry Strife Statement: show

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:49 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
The lockout will end on the 29th. This will not kill the scene. One day you guys say the Union aren't worth anything and the next you act like we're detrimental. Truthfully we're in the middle.

Short off seasons have never hurt other competitive scenes. Take this time as a player to relax and experiment a little instead of tryharding and attempting whatever strats you're used to.
Take this time as a TO to communicate with the Union any thoughts you may have for 2018. Alternatively, just take the month off.

The Union will be taking this time to work on new rulings and rebuilding our infrastructure so that PTC'ing, Alt'ing and Lag Clause abusing (among other things) will be taken care of far more effectively once the lockout is done.

Just a side note, I'm kind of baffled how someone such as yourself (Mac) who has TO'd before does not see the repercussions of having an Alt play in a tournament. Strife pretty much explains it though.

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:07 pm

Suli Hyuga wrote:

Just a side note, I'm kind of baffled how someone such as yourself (Mac) who has TO'd before does not see the repercussions of having an Alt play in a tournament. Strife pretty much explains it though.

I've TO'd many tournaments yes.

Have any alts really affected the play in any of them, not really.

So my apologies for failing to see the repercussions it would have.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:54 pm
 [ 8 posts ]