The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:52 pm

[ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Stage Speculation Thread 

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
A stage from Rhythm Heaven would be really interesting imo
Samurai Slice and See-Saw are probably the two most likely candidates that'll work, but personally I think a side-scrolling stage based on Night Walk would be lit af, with Dreams of Our Generation as the BGM
If the former gets chosen though Remix 4 simply needs to be one of the tracks, and the stage itself could be a mashup of all its variations

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:27 am
BR Member

aimless thought about kingdom hearts: show
Given that Naruto and Dragon Ball both got secondary stages, I think it's reasonable to speculate that Kingdom Hearts will get one too. Unfortunately, I don't think that we'll be seeing any Disney-based stages in the game, as it would be too tough to narrow down a single world, and it might also give Disney cause to rain hellfire upon our heads. Yes, that means you too, Disney Castle. So, anyway, here's every original location I could think of from Kingdom Hearts, arranged in order of how likely I think they are to get the spot next to Twilight Town.

The World that Never Was
The most likely candidate in my opinion, given the general bias towards KH2 representation and the fact that it's been widely speculated for years, plus the fact that it looks pretty cool. Would most likely be based on the castle as it appears in KH2, perhaps with some elements drawn from KH3D - though I wouldn't be upset if a stage was based on the Dark City instead.

Castle Oblivion
A fan-favorite, often speculated alongside The World that Never Was, and shares a good deal of aesthetic with that area. Would also be a handy way to give some representation to the handheld side of KH, even if that is CoM. Ugh.

Keyblade Graveyard
A very important place in the lore of KH. It's plenty different from Twilight Town yet fits right in with many of the other stages in the game already. Would likely have a simple layout and kickass tunes.

Hollow Bastion
Another favorite from the series. I'd expect it to be based mostly on KH1, but all versions of the world that have appeared throughout the series may provide some interesting stage elements. Could also be a really big stage.

Destiny Islands
More peaceful than most KH worlds, but definitely a major location, and a good contender for a beach-themed stage. Might change from calm to stormy through the battle, which would be a really nice visual effect and possible stage hazard.

World of Chaos
Now this could be interesting. Who doesn't love a good brawl on a giant battleship made of darkness with a big shirtless dude watching and possibly interfering? And the music, as always, would be sweet.

Realm of Darkness
World of Chaos not dark enough for you? Let's just go straight to KH Hell instead! It's definitely got the "distinct from Twilight Town" part down. Might even find Aqua here.

End of the World
I realized while writing this up that I don't remember anything about the way End of the World looks, other than the bit that's pulled straight from Destiny Islands, and the World of Chaos, which I gave its own spot.

Traverse Town
Overlaps a bit with Twilight Town - I think the devs would probably look for some more diversity in picking stages from the same universe.

Radiant Garden
It's a nice enough place, but Hollow Bastion would almost certainly take precedence.

Daybreak Town
Quite a shame, really. Daybreak Town would look glorious sprited in SSF2 style. Unfortunately, the KH mobile game isn't likely to make much of an impact on the series' representation in SSF2, and we already have two stages based on towns set in front of a giant clock tower, one of which is Twilight Town.

Station of Calling
This was actually planned to be in the game really early on, appearing in one of the ancient trailers from the very beginning of the project. I don't think the layout lends itself well to a good SSF2 stage unless a good deal is added on. Would look nice, though.

Land of Departure
Doesn't have a whole lot to distinguish it as a stage, and it's not exactly the first location that comes to mind when you think of KH. Gets points for potentially having Dark Impetus as a track.

Datascape
Gets the bottom spot on this list for being a) from what's considered the most forgettable game in the series, and b) kinda lame compared to the other entries. Sure, the Bug Blox could make for an entertaining stage hazard, but realistically, this one just isn't happening.

Did I spend too much time on this? Yeah.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:04 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
Personally, I think there should be (amount of representatives in a series) + 1 stages per series

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:19 am
BR Member

The series that don't yet have enough stages for that are:
F-Zero
Game and Watch
Kirby (needs 2 more)
Star Fox
Metroid
Chibi-Robo
Kingdom Hearts
PAC-MAN
Tales
Bomberman
Bleach
One Piece (needs 2 more)
Kid Icarus
Fire Emblem
Golden Sun

A few of these might not need or get extra stages, Game and Watch for example. But it might be fun to speculate about these - the lack of Kirby stages relative to characters is interesting to me.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:39 am

MGN Username: RavinRaven
Currently Playing: SSF2, The Game of Love
Waifu: Luna (Gwain Saga)
Densetsu wrote:
The series that don't yet have enough stages for that are:
F-Zero
Game and Watch
Kirby (needs 2 more)
Star Fox
Metroid
Chibi-Robo
Kingdom Hearts
PAC-MAN
Tales
Bomberman
Bleach
One Piece (needs 2 more)
Kid Icarus
Fire Emblem
Golden Sun

A few of these might not need or get extra stages, Game and Watch for example. But it might be fun to speculate about these - the lack of Kirby stages relative to characters is interesting to me.

I would like to see a tourney legal stage playing F-Zero music, or Fire Emblem.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:27 pm

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
Ravin_Raven wrote:
or Fire Emblem.

you mean like
THIS?
YouTube Video:

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:14 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
Gudako's Insanity wrote:
Ravin_Raven wrote:
or Fire Emblem.

you mean like
THIS?
YouTube Video:

oooohhhh shoot it's Marth's leaked BETA final smash :sandbag:
- - -
A stage based off of Sonic Mania's opening cutscene/credits would be really hecking neat
Not sure exactly what it'd be like
But I like the setting and think it'd be a cool stage
Plus maybe we could get a remix of Sunshine Cassette/the File Select theme that way and that song is my jam

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:18 pm

Gudako's Insanity wrote:
Ravin_Raven wrote:
or Fire Emblem.

you mean like
THIS?
YouTube Video:

I think I'm going to vomit.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:34 pm

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
Ravin_Raven wrote:
Gudako's Insanity wrote:
Ravin_Raven wrote:
or Fire Emblem.

you mean like
THIS?
YouTube Video:

i unironically like the song

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:50 pm

MGN Username: MEGA12312
Currently Playing: MH3U SSF2
Waifu: My bed
Gudako's Insanity wrote:
Ravin_Raven wrote:
or Fire Emblem.

you mean like
THIS?
YouTube Video:

that song is actually pretty nice.

Wow they actually fixed Ness' throw. kinda

PICHU HYPEexcept not yet /:|

Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:16 pm

Gudako's Insanity wrote:
Ravin_Raven wrote:
Gudako's Insanity wrote:
Ravin_Raven wrote:
or Fire Emblem.

you mean like
THIS?
YouTube Video:

i unironically like the song

How about a song I unironically like?
YouTube Video:

RWBY FANS UNITE!

Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:35 pm
BR Member

Densetsu wrote:
F-Zero
Game and Watch
Kirby (needs 2 more)
Star Fox
Metroid
Chibi-Robo
Kingdom Hearts
PAC-MAN
Tales
Bomberman
Bleach
One Piece (needs 2 more)
Kid Icarus
Fire Emblem
Golden Sun

and now, more useless bs: show
I Want To Believe that Mute City (Melee) or Big Blue could return as past stages, but within the limitations of Flash that seems unlikely. Mute City (SSB4) is more likely, and if F-Zero does get a second stage, I'm guessing now that this will be it.

Game and Watch probably won't get a second stage unless it's a previous Flat Zone.

With three characters or more and just two stages, Kirby is ripe for a few new ones. Fountain of Dreams is of course a popular pick. Beyond that, I think we could see a new Kirby stage based on one of the more recent games - the official Smash series hasn't had any from a Kirby game newer than Super Star.

Not familiar enough with Star Fox to pick out good stage ideas, and I'm not positive the series will get any new ones either, especially since past stages like Lylat Cruise and Venom seem difficult to replicate in Flash.

Metroid is pretty well represented by the Crateria and Phase 8 stages, but it would be neat if Brinstar or Brinstar Depths made a comeback, or if a stage from the Prime games showed up.

Don't know anything about Chibi-Robo, but the Desk stage seems like it represents the series well enough.

Already talked at length about Kingdom Hearts. Nobody cared.

PAC-MAN probably won't get a second stage unless PAC-LAND returns, but I don't expect it to.

Tales is another series I don't know much about. It would be nice to see a stage that represents a game other than Symphonia, though.

Once again, know nothing about Bomberman. There's like a bajillion games to pull stuff from, right?

Guess how much I know about Bleach. Go on.

One Piece has boats in it or something? We have Gangplank Galleon already, but surely there's something else...

Palutena's Temple is almost certainly off the table. Skyworld could appear, as could Reset Bomb Forest. Based on the other stage choices in the game, I think the devs might choose something...underworldy?

If Venus Lighthouse ever actually gets added, it's unlikely that another lighthouse will appear as a Golden Sun stage. There's a few other locations that could work out - the Elemental Sanctuary, Apollo Ascent/Apollo Sanctum, and Crossbone Isle come to mind. Of course, Golden Sun might stick to one stage instead, which is fine by me.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:23 pm

MGN Username: IMainPichu
Waifu: Villie
A Sonic Mania stage would be really cool. Probably Studiopolis, considering that it's the most popular zone

Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:32 pm

MGN Username: SheriffSteelFlex
Currently Playing: SSB3DS
We could replace the current KH stage with basically anything, IMO. We need Castle Oblivion with a randomized layout sort of like Galaxy tours. Either that or Keyblade graveyard, as mentioned above. Also, do we seriously have more Kirby reps than Kirby stages? What if we had that weird circus/haunted house level for KTD with the mirrors and stuff?

3ds FC: 0190-2959-0577
Cloud is not 3rd 2nd okey

30xx wrote:
I'm not reading all that but it looks like you have a severe case of nerd

Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:07 pm
BR Member

YouTube Video:

The unofficial SSF2 OST Youtube channel lists this remix of Darkness of the Unknown. I haven't been able to find the song in-game or anywhere else, but the remix is definitely done in the same style as many other tracks in the game. Assuming it's real, it would point to The World That Never Was as the most likely secondary KH stage.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:04 am
 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next