The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 11:33 pm

[ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia III [Crew vs Space Pirates] 

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden III
The first time I read through, I was pretty sure he was mafia (DJ Wizard). I confess however, that I don't remember my previous reasons. I'll have a look

Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:34 am

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
Oh Eternal. It's posts like that which make me suspect you.
@Crabby
-No, it was for ACTIVE lurking. There's a big difference between just not showing up for an easily excusable reason, and not showing up except for a few seconds at a time whenever someone happened to point out their suspicions of him.
-He was taking it as red that certain roles were actually in the mafia without ever giving any half-decent reason why he thought that. Maybe he forgot that there was no role-list and that us townies weren't privvy to the list of who was in the mafia and let something slip. Let me also point out that it was his idea that Nooq might be Fool. I realised how likely that might be and felt kind of silly in hindsight to have not picked up on it before.
-Do you even know what WIFOM is? Not protecting Shin was just as likely to work as it was to not work. The idea is that Mafia knows doc would be on the clear and so they don't bother to shoot him. I anticipate this and doc someone else instead who they might actually target. I know it's a hard claim to swallow, but it seriously is what happened.
-I don't even know what to think about Nooq anymore. Originally I thought he was just stupid, next I decided he was mafia, and after that I've assumed that he's Fool. The only reason I think he still might be mafia and not Fool is that Nooq is actually a pretty good player and I don't believe he'd make his role as Fool as obvious as he has. Then again I'm always hesitant to lynch someone who's acting like a Fool whether they're faking it or not. I'd prefer if we didn't, but if you guys all think I'm wrong about his Foolishness then there's gotta be some truth to that, and I guess I'll lynch him.
-Eh.. I know for the first night everyone assumed the room placement made a difference, but even looking at it from your point of view I don't think I'd look at that as meaning anything.

My vote isn't changing yet but after his last couple of posts, Eternal is begging me to vote for him. I'm genuinely sorry to you, Crabby, if Eternal is your mafia buddy, because he's doing a damn fine job of giving both himself and you away.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:47 am

this is excactly why I do not think you are mafia. You have clear strong points to me that no one has pointed out before.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:18 am

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem (6-9), Shadow Dragon, Infamous, SSB, GNT4
@Tid
-Except that there isn't really that much of a correlation between when WP posted and when he was accused... He was just sort of inactive...

-DJ Wiz was able to make some good guesses on what abilities the mafia had. Why would a mafia member be telling the town what roles the mafia had? They were just educated guesses; most of the roles he threw in the idea pot were somewhat common mafia roles, and only evidence from others' posts was used to support the possibility of certain roles. He was a good player that was a threat to the mafia, and he gets lynched by you and nooq.

-The thing with not protecting Shin was that he was the only confirmed townie with a confirmed ability, and it wasn't worth the risk of leaving our only confirmed townie unguarded for the slim chance stopping the mafia if they targeted someone else. (If you aren't mafia, the likelihood of you protecting someone who was was a mafia member was actually 3/8. Miscalculated the probability in my other post...) Why assume that the mafia won't touch him? This really makes me doubt your claim as doc.

There's another thing that makes me think you're lying about your role, Tid. You asked Genis to investigate you. If he wasn't paranoid/insane, you would have been confirmed as a definite townie and therefore be made a target of the mafia, like shin was. Why would a doctor want to take such a risk? (Unless you aren't a doctor...)

And you don't have to be sorry for me. Because you and nooq are the mafia buddies.

@Eternal
I can't tell who you're referring to.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:49 am

You of course.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:03 am

crabbyman66 wrote:
@Tid
-Except that there isn't really that much of a correlation between when WP posted and when he was accused... He was just sort of inactive...

-DJ Wiz was able to make some good guesses on what abilities the mafia had. Why would a mafia member be telling the town what roles the mafia had? They were just educated guesses; most of the roles he threw in the idea pot were somewhat common mafia roles, and only evidence from others' posts was used to support the possibility of certain roles. He was a good player that was a threat to the mafia, and he gets lynched by you and nooq.

-The thing with not protecting Shin was that he was the only confirmed townie with a confirmed ability, and it wasn't worth the risk of leaving our only confirmed townie unguarded for the slim chance stopping the mafia if they targeted someone else. (If you aren't mafia, the likelihood of you protecting someone who was was a mafia member was actually 3/8. Miscalculated the probability in my other post...) Why assume that the mafia won't touch him? This really makes me doubt your claim as doc.
The mafia knew there was a protective role, and I assumed they wouldn't even bother shooting the obvious target OF the protective role.

There's another thing that makes me think you're lying about your role, Tid. You asked Genis to investigate you. If he wasn't paranoid/insane, you would have been confirmed as a definite townie and therefore be made a target of the mafia, like shin was. Why would a doctor want to take such a risk? (Unless you aren't a doctor...)
Because he was the person I trusted the most, and in theory, when he later went on to lead lynches, he wouldn't be leading them against the doc.

And you don't have to be sorry for me. Because you and nooq are the mafia buddies.
We'll see about that, Star Wolf.

@Eternal
I can't tell who you're referring to.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:24 am

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
After reading all of that, I can't decide who to side for anymore. Both players go with strong points (although Tid claiming Doc was obvious, I guess).

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:07 am

I was genuinely hoping some of the smarter players would've figured out who I was so that I wouldn't have to claim. If Crabby really is mafia though, then I suppose he's done a good job in that he's forced me into a spot where I've had to reveal myself to him to not get lynched.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:24 am

I'm sorry, but you being the doctor doesn't make much sense to me.

Shin was important because he was the only 100% confirmed townie and therefore trustworthy. He also had a dangerous investigation ability of being able to research the deceased. The town would have completely accurate information, and that's bad for the mafia. Shin was a major threat because he was 100% trustworthy and the town would have more concrete facts to work with instead of having to theorize. With shin being this important to the town, I find it hard to believe that the doctor wouldn't just take the safe route and protect such an important townie.

No one is going to believe you're the doctor when you let the most important and (potentially) informed member of the town die. There's actually no guarantee that the protective role is even alive anymore. For all we know, Kirby or Blitz could have been the doctor, but shin was killed by you before he could get any information.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:40 am

Look, I've explained to you what I did and why I did it. You can accept that and not lynch a town-sided role, or you can keep your vote on me and town loses.
Even if I wasn't the real doctor, Shin died, which means on that night after he was clear, the Protective role wasn't on him, so there's no reason for you to doubt me any more than any other doc claims.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:53 am

Guys, unless someone else has anything left to add, we might as well wrap this day up. I've already said why I think Tid and nooq are in cahoots. So you can either vote to lynch your portal townie or vote to lynch the mafia member. You guys already know my vote.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:03 am

On that note, I'm gonna be switching to Vote: Eternal
Crabby is acting way too town-sided to be lynchable, really, and what he says about our FoSes of WarP being baseless is quite true. Really with the way he's acting, I'm surprised Eternal has lived this long.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:07 am

Location: Ubicación: Vous êtes ici: 地点:場所:Lage: Località: Localização:
Currently Playing: None
Correct me if I'm wrong with these results. I really don't feel like sifting through 10+ pages of arguments.
Voting Tid: crabbyman66, Eternal-flo
Voting crabbyman66: Gold
Voting Eternal-flo: Tid
Not Voting: nooq, Genis

In the middle of a discussion about newly realized possibilities as to who may be killing the crew, the lights briefly flickered: an event that had never happened in the history of the Aniraco. The players looked up frantically, realizing then had only a half hour or so to reach a decision. Only a couple noticed that Azure had pooped his head through the door.
"Alright, look here. I've spent the entire day sitting outside and playing Final Fantasy VXXXIX just to wait for you guys to come to a decision. You better come to one now, because I do NOT want to be on this ship when the asteroids strike!" Unlike the previous times where he had merely left the passengers to do what they had to do, he went into the room and stood in the corner. After noting the sudden silence, he said, "Well? Get to it!
Before the conversation resumed at its normal pace, one person commented, "What's Final Fantasy VXXXIX?" He/she barely finished his/her sentence before Azure gave him an icy stare. Even he, with a typically enthusiastic attitude, was getting fed up.

It is still Day 4. Should no decision be reached within 3 days, the game will automatically transition to the Night phase.
With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:47 pm

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
Fine.

Vote: Tid

Sorry Tid, but crabbyman is mostly right.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:45 am

Dang. Only one more day til day 4 is over and nooq still hasn't posted. Has he not been online?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:15 am
 [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next