The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:43 pm

[ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 46  Next
"Expansion" Character Moveset Speculation 
BR Member

Shiver-Star wrote:
Welfare Wednesday wrote:
Skailler wrote:
I dont think EB as a character would be hard to program, at least his moveset alone. I mean, we have Shielda, and they work out pretty well. The sprite point is definetly the biggest problem, as you already said, there are no existing sprites.

Anyway, two questions: Who/What are Mach Rider And Adeline? And how comes you havent destroyed my Lucario moveset yet? (Ok, the last one shouldnt be taken serious)

Well first of all the Shielda thing is ussually considered as 2 characters, and the way they change in battle is very simple and there's only one way to do it. In this case, there are many ways to switch between off and on bike, and the bike is still an active part of the fight even when you are off of it.

Mach Rider is an old NES motorcycle driving game. Adeline is some Kirby character that no one really cares about.

And I don't really care too much about Lucario, especially considering that he is already an official smash character so I honestly didn't care to even read that post lol.

Correction:
Arguably one of the most overrated characters in the Kirby fandom. As a fan of hers, I'm well aware she wasn't that much of a character in Kirby 64, but somehow she grew with a huge popularity among fans.
The more you know.

As I said nobody cares. (this is where a smiley face would be, but I really dont want to put one)

Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:37 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
You shouldn't speak in others's mouth.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:33 pm

Come on now, let's not start a flamewar.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:41 pm

Welfare Wednesday wrote:
Oh my bad I didnt think you were doing a moveset for adeleine lol.

Seems kinda interesting, although it would be interesting if you could drop the reflector and leave it there to do its job while you go about you business to either flee or pressure. Good trade off for the limited percentage resistance and discourages your opponent to mindless shoot projectiles.

And Down B should probably only summon items that are dropped normally. The kind of character where those scrubby high item sessions might actually pay off.

And personally I think the summon monster gimmick on neutral B should be selectable in a way similar to MegaMan's Weapon Switch, but without the visual indicator. Of course this will lead to only 5 summons (or 4 if the left/right would summon the same), but having neutral AND down b being left entire up to chance would make it near imposible to play strategically. The summons can have fairly limited effectiveness but can be used to control space fairly well and force opponents to rethink approaches and cover your own. To balance it out,you wont be able to summon again until the first monster is either destroyed or disappears on it's own.

The character has potential with space control summons and an emphasis on item play not seen before competitively, but also has very lackluster normals and a weakness to rushdown. Could prove to be a very unique characters and odd but effective fit with the rest of the cast, although the character's obscurity and extra Kirby representation kinda downgrades the appeal sadly.

also those normals where only the tip has a hitbox is a bit crap, should give the rest of the brush a really bad sourspot instead. Encourages proper spacing but wont have as much reward as Marth's tippers.

My ideas as far as Down B and Neutral B are concerned:
Neutral B MUST be grounded to work.

Down B can be performed in the air, and will stall momentum momentarily. It can not be used again until Adeleine lands on the ground.

Painted monsters will not instantly disappear when fainted, but will fall over and fade out. The same fading will occur if a creature has been out too long. Neutral B cannot be used again until a creature fades out completely.

Neutral B

No Input- N-Z
Starts running forward the moment it appears. Moves as fast as a running Jigglypuff. Faints on contact with a hitbox. Deals 8% damage with medium knockback. Will not despawn until it hits something or falls off the stage.

Side Input- Galbo
It remains stationary after summoned. Will die to any knockback hit box when first summoned, but will have super armor and absorb up to 20% from the moment it begins to breathe fire. After a second long startup, in will breathe fire in whatever direction it is facing for 4 seconds. The fire functions identical to a Fire Flower, but with longer distance.

Up Input- Bouncey
Starts bouncing in place the moment it appears. Deals 9% damage with moderate upwards knockback on the way up (useful in combos), and 5% damage and minor horizontal knockback on the way down with little stun. (note, it will land on platforms above it, and will continue to jump from where it landed)

Down Input- Sparky
Stays in place when summoned. After a brief windup, will surround itself in electricity for 2.5 seconds, which deals 18% damage and moderate-high knockback. The hitbox is small however. If hit with any knockback move during windup it will die, but while attacking it has transendant priority and super armor, and cannot be killed. The hitbox cannot hit someone below it, so it will not make contact with anyone on a ledge.

All these summons for Neutral B are meant to control space, but do so in different ways.

Down B Item Summon Chances:

25% Fan
25% Green Shell
20% Bumper
15% Pitfall
10% Mr Saturn
5% Star Rod

Not gonna lie tho, I find your normals pretty uninspired :/

Yeah, I wanted to go trough a more creative moveset for her including the summon of different mnsters, but I tought they would be way too cheap, considering most of them would deal different effects, making her kind of Overpowered.
So, I decided to do something simpler, but I guess it didn't work.
Also, all of the Down B items (except Mr. Saturn) were actually items summoned by both Paint Roller (from Kirby's Adventure, who had similar powers as Adeleine) and Wiz (from Amazing Mirror, Mirror World's equivalent of Paint Roller) So I decided to go on with those.
I still like the idea of Down B, but since it's random I guess we can find a solution, and I tought of this:

-Making the move similar to Pacman's Neutral B: Pressing the B button would make her get an item like a roulette. The longer the B button is held, the rarer the item will be.
-Like Pac-Man, Adeleine has to throw the Item inmediatly.
I tought of this while playing some Kirby Triple Deluxe, I got the Mix ability and I tought of this. Funny huh

I kind of Agree with the Neutral B idea, just that I thought of something to "improve" it. The move would work like this:

-Holding B would make her swing her paintbrush over a Canvas a-la Hocus Pocus making her able to select another command. She can stay like this up to 3 seconds.
-With no command introduced, an N-Z would appear from the canvas and start running forward. Works the same as you described it.
-Pressing B + left/right would make her summon a Galbo. Exact same description as yours except that it won't have superarmor while breathing fire.
-Pressing B + Up would make her summon a Bronto Burt: Deals only 5% damage but can trap characters easily. Will start to fly upwards the moment it's summoned. Will go through ceilings and will never come back. (Unless another one is summoned of course)
-Pressing B + Down would make her summon a Sparky: Works the same as you described it.
-Only works in the Ground.
-Adeleine can't summon a new monster until the last one fades out.
-Minor Detail warning: If I get to sprite her (which I doubt), i would give her over the top poses when summoning an opponent depending on which command she orders (points with her whole hand if N-Z is summonedd, points with both arms a-la Duck Hunt Duo if Galbo is summoned, etc) I just like taking photos

If you want, I could redo her whole moveset (melee attacks) to draw (no pun intended) more inspirations on her attacks.
But I would have to do it later because I'm on my final exams and I should be wasting my time here lol
Sorry for all the trouble.

Last edited by Kirb-Star on Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:06 pm

MGN Username: warriorman222
Currently Playing: SSBB, SSF2, COD Ghosts, Pokemon Y
Dry Bowser reserved
NSMB (DS boss), SM3DL(3DS superboss)
ALL BONE HITBOXES CAN BE HURT BUT NO FLINCH. THIS IS CAPS FOR NO REASON
Stats
Weight: 120 (5 more than DK, 20 less than Sm4sh Bowser)
Walkspeed: Old run animation with Sm4sh Marth speed.
Dash: Rolling in shell, Goku speed.
Airspeed: 1.4, according to SSF2 rules.
Fallspeed: Since Dry Bowser has been shown to be very floaty in SM3DL, it'll be 1.1 by Brawl standards.
Palettes: Goomba colors, Koopa Troopa colors, Bowser colors, Lava colors, and Boom Boom colors.

Ground Normals
jab:uppercut, hammer arm, then horn swipe. total of 13%, but hard to land due to bad range
ftilt: Old Bowser Fsmash.
dtilt: does a low tripping swipe with ribbone. 13%, quick long range.
utilt: jumps up, hitting with horns. Identical to Mario utilt.
Dash(Attack): Pops out and bites.
Ground Smashes
Usmash: Pulls out his tail to swipe Ichigo style. Charging longer gives a longer hitbox, with full charge having a dangerous sweetspot at the tip.
Dsmash: Explodes into bone fragments which go flying. ridiculous range, and each bone does random high damage and can link into each other, but knockback is nonexistant and hitstun sucks. And each bone still takes damage balancing the ridiculous damage output of the move
Fsmash: Home runs with tail. 'nuff said.

Aerials
nair: takes bones and flails them everywhere.
fair: Breathes out a very fast fireball that explodes just where the blast wouldn't hit covers his front. Game strongest fair, pushes you far back for a reverse psuedo wavedash with great length.
Dair: spews a barrage of meteoring firebals below him.
bair: Takes his head off and swings it behind him for a meteor.
uair: breathes open fire above him.

Grabs and Throws
Grab: Bone whip. 10.1 grab range but god is it slow. Add about 10-15 frames to Samus's kind of slow.
Pummel: Fire Breath. 1% slightly faster than Samus's.
Fthrow: slams them down in front f them, sending them flying with set knockback. Perfectly sets up an inescapable SHFFair, but that's it.
Bthrow: Seemingly lashes the chain forward, but whips it back at the last moment, sending them flying back. Highish knockback to compensate for the way they're launched.
Dthrow: Extend the whip above and in front of him, only to collapse it, leaving them in tumble for 360 frames.
Uthrow. Lies on "stomach" and slams the chain down of his shell, sending them flying straight up.
Specials
Neutral: Limb Lob: Throws powerful bones at opponent.
Side: Burnwave: Shoots an extremely low priority 1% fireball towards ground. Can be angle from 280 degrees to 10 degrees. When it hits the ground, becomes functionally identical to Ridley's except slower shockwave.
Up: Fly Bones: Basically Balloon Trip with more vertical height, a small delay, windbox, no horizontal movement (his godlike airspeed is beyond enough) and destroyable Dry Bones.
Down: Frame Fragility: Braces himself. If hit he collapes, then reappears, stunning the opponent no matter where they are. WAAY stronger stun then Paralyzing Counter.
FS: Army Of Below: Summons hordes of Dry Bones and Fly bones. they have 20 HP eahc and do a 10% tackle, and 3% on touch. FS technically ends immediately, but the Dry Bones and Fly Bones have no timer, and Dry Bowser can move freely.
Dry Bowser is the definition of endurance: The testament that Bowser's willpower to live overcame even death, and that he'll keep coming back, you can't put him down for good. Good luck killing the heaviest, aerially fastest Dry Bowser, King of the Dry Bones. He he lacks in followups, he makes up with survivability and brute force. Despite seeming defensive, Dry Bowser's traits allow pressuring the whole match.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gunman (Obviously the leader)
Wild Gunman (NES Zapper)
Gunman focuses on ground based projectile madness, and can get back to the ground quick. Blessed with angleable recovery but cursed with basically no airspeed.

Stats
Weight: 90 (Sora, Shiek, Zelda, Peach.. Really 5 90 people? All humanish too ;D)
Fallspeed: 3.0 Melee Standards :o
Airspeed: 2.5. Good luck move in the air.
Walkspeed: Marthspeed, fastwalking.
Dash: Crouched running, Fox speed, goes really low.
Can crouchwalk barely below Jigg's runspeed.
Palettes: Sombreroman, Tophatman, Lanky, average gunman, switched colors and inversed colors.

Ground Normal:
Jab: Rapid fire. Once this is initiated, he can shoot while walking, jumping and crouch(walking). 20 shots before being unable to use attacks for 2 seconds to reload. Each shot does 2%.
Ftilt: Two shots, like Mac ftilt with more range.
Utilt:swings above him with the gun. Autocancelable into Usmash only.
Dtilt: Shotgun blast. Suprising knockback for a dtilt.
Dash: Jumps into prone before shooting with a rifle.

Ground Smash
Up: Shotgun Blast up.
Side: 5 shotgun pellets. Each one you're hit with increases knockback, and wanes in knockback over time.
Down: Copied from Mii Gunner.

Air
Nair: takes off hat and spins it around him.
Bair: An air shotgun that has a big windbox, and provides an instant psuedo wave dash that goes all of FD. autocancellable into fair only.
Fair: Shotgun blast.
Dair: Pistol fire downward to cruelly meteor.
uair: Rocket Launcher. sends him flying downward, gives super(infinite) armor(flinch resistance).

Specials
Neutral: Perfect Potshot: In 1 frame, turns around and a Target reticule appears on a random player, dealing 10%. 4 second cooldown. If used in air, can miss and has 10 second cooldown.
Side: Wild Gunman: Duck Hunt's same thing.
Up: Gun Rocket: Power of Flight equivalent. Lingering trail damages on ground
Down: Hat Hide: Goes into "defeated" form, then pops out when an enemy is nearby to shoot them.
Final Smash: Panicked Potshot: Perfect potshot reticules appear everywhere, doing 20% now with great knockback. Gunman is free to move but they hurt him also and appear randomly. They will not target the spot you started it from, so you can stay in that spot and be safe.

Secondaries: :luigi: :ichigo: :bowser:

Pockets: :bandanadee: :isaac: :Pichu

Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:15 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Ok, I went crazy and made a freaking wall of text here...

And I made some changes...

TOAD: (Super Mario Bros., NES, 1981)

Entrance: Drives in on his Kart from Mario Kart.
Colour change: Default Toad, Blue/Yellow/Green Toad. Maybe Cpt. Toad, Toadsworth and Toadette as a special costume if possible.
Size: The same size of Peach´s Neutral B.
Weight: Between Peach and Puff.
Ground Speed: Fast, faster than Shiek.
Air speed: Fast. Average air mobility.
Fall speed: Like Pichu in Melee.
Jump height: Bad, both normal jump and DJ.
If Wall Jumps ever is a thing, he gets one. Good horizontal, but awful vertical reach.

Toad is not a good fighter on his own, so he is ready to use a plethora of power ups, items and even his trusty kart to aid him in battle! All moves that let Toad transform in a way turn him back to normal once the move ends.

Jab1: Punches with his hand. Useless, only useful to set up Jab2. 2% per hit.
Jab2: Headbutt. Nothing special. 5% per hit. Both Jabs are very fast, have mediocre range andlittle ending lag.

Dash Attack: Transforms to Penguin Toad and slides a bit forward. High endlag, but a decent kill move at point blank at the first frame. 10% at best, gets weaker the longer Toad slides.

FTilt: Hits foes with a Fire Flower. Yes, the flower itself. 4% per hit. Mediocre range.
UpTilt: Pulls out a ?-Block and hits opponents above him. 7% per hit. Good juggler due to low start up/ending lag and low KB scaling, but suffers from a small hitbox.
DTilt: Rolls a Super Mushroom in front of him, which rolls straightforward and covers a somewhat small distance. 6% per hit.

FSmash: Transforms into Cat Toad from SM3DW and strikes foes with his claws. 10%-19% per hit, good KB. Good kill move at ~115%. Bad range.
DSmash: Toad throws a POW Block above him and lets it fall down to activate. All enemies nearby take damage. Very slow (about the speed of a Falcon Punch) and insane KB. 17%-26% on hit. Toad´s most potent kill move and a good shield breaker. The shockwave creates great range.
UpSmash: Toad uses his ?-Block again, but this time, he throws it upwards. Bad kill power, average range, but moderate hitstun. 9%-18% per hit.

Nair: Attack with a Tanooki Tail. Average range and a KO attack at ~100% as well. Fast in execution, but has a bit cooldown. 9% per hit.
Fair: Toad gets a Boomerang Flower (with the outfit) and throws surprisingly a boomerang to his front. Spacing tool with decent range and Grapple Beam KB, but high end lag. 7% per hit.
Bair: Toad throws a coin behind him. Acts like Luigi´s Fireball, but is much faster and has way less range, comparable to DTilt. Has small hitstun, just enough to run away or continue the attack. 4% per hit.
Dair: The Mushroom Kingdom resident pulls out a Piranha Plant in a pot (like in SM3DW/MK8) and lets it bite downwards. Small hitbox, bad range, but a powerful meteor attack with 9% per hit. A bit slow in execution, and Toad struggles to regain his balance as well after the attack.
UpAir: A Super Acorn boost upwards. The endlag lets him fall down roughly the same height as he gains with the attack, so its not that useful for recovery. Hitbox is all around Toad´s body. Average KB and hitstun. 7% per hit.

Neutral B: Ice Flower - Toad transforms into Ice Toad and fires an Ice Ball. This ball behaves just like in NSMB Wii. Hit opponents will be staggered for a brief moment if hit. 6% per hit. There is a 5% of freezing the target, dealing 15% on hit.

Side B: Kart - Toad mounts his Kart and dashes forward. Can be charged. Charge is indicated by Turbo Mushrooms above Toad´s head: One mushroom is default, he can have up to three mushrooms before they are replaced by a gloden Turbo Mushroom. Range and KB: Mushroomx1: 1/6 of FD. 7% per hit. Mushroomx2 (50 frames of charge): 1/3 of FD. 10% per hit. Mushroomx3 (70 frames of charge): 1/2 of FD, 20% per hit. Golden Mushroom (100 frames of charging): 4/5 of FD, 40% per hit and almost always a KO. Can be used in the air as well. Slows down fall speed a bit. Kart can´t be cancelled once Toad starts charging, but suing a shield will stop the process. The gained boost is lost, however. Can be reversed right before release by pressing the opposite direction. Moderate ending lag. If Toad lands while charging, he dashes forward instantly. Toad can be easily hit out of charging. Boost grants Light Armor regardless of charge level.

Up B: Propeller Mushroom - Toad pulls out his Propeller Suit from NSMB Wii and propels himself upwards and a little bit forwards in a 10° angle. Toad flies upwards at an insane distance and travel speed. The move sucks in foes on his way up and deals up to ten hits with 1% each. Average edge sweetspot. Once Toad starts falling down, he starts falling exactly like in NSMB Wii, slowing down his fall heavily and giving him great mobilitly to recover. If Down is pressed whilst hovering to the ground, Toad will start falling down like he did in NSMB Wii if down was pressed. This attack cannot be cancelled, but can grab ledges. Falling down stops all horizontal monumentum and Toad cant move sideways. 9% per hit, great KB. Small edge sweetspot, just like Tiger Blade´s one. Landing or grabbing a ledge transforms Toad back to normal, letting the Mushroom fly upwards just like in NSMB Wii if you missed the power-up. No hitbox on the mushroom.

Down B: Hammer Suit - Toad transforms into Hammer Toad and throws hammers on his own. Hammers fly in two different angles, depending if B is hold or not. Doing nothing lets the Hammers fly like the Hammer Bros´ normal hammers. Holding B makes the hammers flow in a higher arc, but they fly at the same speed as a normal one and they come out just as fast. Toad is able jump, shorthop and turn around, but he cant do anything else. Great edgeguarding tool. Enemies are thrown back like in the Galaxy series, but suffer low Hitstun. Move ends by using Down B again with high endlag. Normal hammers deal 6% damage and minor KB, high hammers deal 10% and give more KB. Hammers have low travel speed. No hammer limit. Move ends by itself after 5 seconds of usage.

Grab: A grab. Duh. Bad range, but fast in execution and cool down.
Pummel: Punch with a Mushroom. 2% per hit. Average speed.
FThrow: Toad kicks his victim in front of him. Useless. 6% per hit.
BThrow: Toad kicks his foe behind him. Useful for KOs near the blast line. 9% per hit.
DThrow: Toad lays his opponent on the ground (untechable) and slams them with his ?-Block. Decent move in terms of KB. 8% per hit.
UpThrow: Toad headbutts his opponent above him. Average throw. 7% per hit.

Taunt: Jumps twice and exclaims: "I´m the best!"

Final Smash: Mega Mushroom - Toad eats a Mega Mushroom and turns into a giant. As big as DK in this Event Mode challenge with DK against two tiny DKs. Toad can only run slowly and jump, but anyone who gets hit suffers 19% and gets blasted away. Last for 15 seconds.

Win animation: Drives around with his vehicle and does a donut at the end while shouting "Yeah! I did it!"
Loses: Cries and claps for the winner.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dixie Kong:(DKC2: Diddy Kong´s Quest, SNES)

Entrance: Breaks out from a DX Barrel.
Size: Half of DKs size.
Weight: About Mario´s.
Speed: Below average.
Air speed: Average. Good air mobility.
Fall speed: Floatie.
Jump height: A tad above average.

Jab: Dixie punches repeatedly with her fists. 2% per hit.
FTilt: Dixie does a spin. Hitbox on her body. 6% per hit.
DTilt: Hair Swing to the floor. Good range. 4% per hit.
UpTilt: Dixie punches above her. 5% per hit. Good juggler against heavyweights and FFs.
Dash Attack: Same as in DKC2. 3% per hit.

Nair: Spins around and hits foes with her hair. 8% per hit. Decent get-off-me-move.
Fair: Dixie punches in front of her with both hands. Good KB. 7% per hit.
Bair: Dixie kicks behind her with both feet. Fast, but very weak. 2% per hit.
UpAir: Dixie spins her hair above her, dealing 7% on hit.
Dair: Dixie Kicks downwards with one foot. Sweetspott is at her toes, dealing 6% and acting as a spike with average power. Sourspot is on Dixie´s legs, dealing 4% and sending victims straight up.

Neutral B: Chewing Gum Blaster - A direct ripoff from DKCTF. 3% per hit. Angle can be adjusted.
Side B: Barrel - Dixie gets out a DX barrel from nowwhere, jumps on top of it and runs over everyone who dares to stand in her way. Dixie balances on the barrel until B is pressed again. 8% per hit. Barrel hits foes behind Dixie. The Barrel can turn around twice, but there is a 25% chance that Dixie will fall of the barrel and land in the dust, dealing 5% to herself. Dixie cannot jump if she is on the Barrel. If used mid-air, the Barrel will fall straight down, leaving Dixie helpless.
Up B: Hair Propeller - Dixie uses her Hair to hover in the air for a short time. Great air speed and control. Dixie can be directed in all directions. Can be cancelled with an Air Dodge, but this will make Dixie go into Special Fall. No damage, but Super Armor if Dixie is hit with an attacks that deals 8% or less.
Down B: Banana - Dixie pulls out a pink Banana, just like Diddy does. However, she can have three Bananas out at a time. The Bananas disappear after someone trips above him. Causes foes to go into her lay animation instantly, forcing them to react. No damage. Can hit anyone, even Dixie and allies.

Grab: Dixie uses her hair to "stab" and hold her opponents. Decent range, but noticable start up and cool down.
Pummel: Dixie punches with her fists. 3% per hit. Slow.
FThrow: Dixie kicks her victim away from her. 6% per hit.
BThrow: Dixie Throws her foe behind her and stabs him with her hair for extra damage. 5% for the throw and the stab each. Great Hitstun.
DThrow: Dixie slams her opponent to the ground, causing them to get in the air. Untechable. 8% per hit. Great setup for combos.
UpThrow: Dixie slices her foe with her hair, dealing 6% in total. Bad KB.

Taunt: Dixie spins around and cheers.

Final Smash: Dixie pulls out her Ghettoblaster and plays the Main Theme of DKC2, creating shockwaves around her. The player can press A in the rhythm of the music to create bigger shockwaves. Dixie can run around with this at a small speed. 7% per hit. Big waves deal 13%.

Wins: Spins around twice, then strikes a pose happily.
Loses: Head down sadly, but claps.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Last edited by TSF|Cookies on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:14 am

MGN Username: Mr.Xenomega
Currently Playing: SSB4 - SSF2 - Mario Kart 8 - Pokemon X
Shovel knight!
(Only Talking In Specials If Needed To Go In Depth Then I Can)

B - Charge Handle (This Move Will Have Shovelknight Stand In A Pose To Charge A Hit With This Shovel.This Move Can Go From 5% - 30%
And If Fully Charged I Can Fully Brake A Shield , But To Balance It Out The Can Only Stand In One Place While He Uses It And It Has A Ending Animation For About 1 Second If Fully Charged Leaving Him Open

Side B - Drop Spark (Shovel Knight Would Shovel Quickly Rising His Shovel In The Air Making A Spark Wave Go Across The Stage Getting Bigger And Bigger As Far As It Goes. This Would Do About 3% Dragging Them In The Spark Wave And 5% When It Ends Lanching Them Out Of The Arena, This Would Fully Do About 19-22% In Total . This Is A Move That Can Drag Them In. To Balance In It Cant Go That Far It Would Go About From The Edge Of Battlefield To The Far End Of The Closest Floating Platform

Down B - Shovel ( Shovel Knight Will Dig His Shovel Into The Ground , Shoveling Dirt , Gems , And Moneybags Out . This is A Move Of Chance
Dirt = 5% With No Knockback | Blue Gem = 7% With Small Knockback | Green Gem = 10% With Small Knockback | Red Gem = 15% With Normal Knockback | Moneybag = 30% With High Knockback... The Chance Of These Appearing Are Dirt 40% | Blue Gem 20% | Green Gem 20% | Red Gem 15% | Moneybag 5%. Sometime He Wont Even Shovel Anything. This Move Is All Chance But Useful

Up B - Soaring Shovel Leap ( Shovel Knight Will Soar Into The Air Doing A Flip With A Trail A Sparkles Behind Him And Do A Downward Slash That Can Be 15% And It Is Possible For It To Become A Metor Smash If Your Sweet Spot It Right , It Provides A Good Jump As High As Captian Falcons Up B.

Final Smash - Shovel/Shield Combo ( Shield Knight Will Come Out And Grab The Challenger From A Certain Distance From You And Hit The Challenger Up Like How Ike's From SSBB Is Floting Them In The Middle Of The Air , Then She Would Jump Up And Stay In The Air Holding Her Shield Up , Shovel Knight Would Jump Into The Air , Getting A Boost From Shield Knights Shield Then Making A Two Attacks , The First One Doing 25% Which Is A Charged , And The Next One Holding His Shovel Downward Dragging Them Down Till Them Hit A Platform Doing A Total Of 45% With High Knockback). Making This A Very Nice Final Smash ( This Is The Best I Could Have Thought For The Final Smash If Anyone Has Any Better Ideas For A Final Smash Say It )

Last edited by Mr.Xenomega on Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:24 am
BR Member

Mr.Xenomega wrote:
Shovel knight!

B - Charge Handle (This Move Will Have Shovelknight Stand In A Pose To Charge A Hit With This Shovel.This Move Can Go From 5% - 30%
And If Fully Charged I Can Fully Brake A Shield , But To Balance It Out The Can Only Stand In One Place While He Uses It And It Has A Ending Animation For About 1 Second If Fully Charged Leaving Him Open

Side B - Drop Spark (Shovel Knight Would Shovel Quickly Rising His Shovel In The Air Making A Spark Wave Go Across The Stage Getting Bigger And Bigger As Far As It Goes. This Would Do About 3% Dragging Them In The Spark Wave And 5% When It Ends Lanching Them Out Of The Arena, This Would Fully Do About 19-22% In Total . This Is A Move That Can Drag Them In. To Balance In It Cant Go That Far It Would Go About From The Edge Of Battlefield To The Far End Of The Closest Floating Platform

Down B - Shovel ( Shovel Knight Will Dig His Shovel Into The Ground , Shoveling Dirt , Gems , And Moneybags Out . This is A Move Of Chance
Dirt = 5% With No Knockback | Blue Gem = 7% With Small Knockback | Green Gem = 10% With Small Knockback | Red Gem = 15% With Normal Knockback | Moneybag = 30% With High Knockback... The Chance Of These Appearing Are Dirt 80% | Blue Gem 55% | Green Gem 40% | Red Gem 20% | Moneybag 5%. Sometime He Wont Even Shovel Anything. This Move Is All Chance But Useful

Up B - Soaring Shovel Leap ( Shovel Knight Will Soar Into The Air Doing A Flip With A Trail A Sparkles Behind Him And Do A Downward Slash That Can Be 15% And It Is Possible For It To Become A Metor Smash If Your Sweet Spot It Right , It Provides A Good Jump As High As Captian Falcons Up B.

Final Smash - Shovel/Shield Combo ( Shield Knight Will Come Out And Grab The Challenger From A Certain Distance From You And Hit The Challenger Up Like How Ike's From SSBB Is Floting Them In The Middle Of The Air , Then She Would Jump Up And Stay In The Air Holding Her Shield Up , Shovel Knight Would Jump Into The Air , Getting A Boost From Shield Knights Shield Then Making A Two Attacks , The First One Doing 25% Which Is A Charged , And The Next One Holding His Shovel Downward Dragging Them Down Till Them Hit A Platform Doing A Total Of 45% With High Knockback). Making This A Very Nice Final Smash ( This Is The Best I Could Have Thought For The Final Smash If Anyone Has Any Better Ideas For A Final Smash Say It )

Your Down B has a 200% chance in total of dropping something. I guess you should fix this.

Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:52 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Mr.Xenomega wrote:
Shovel knight!

Dirt = 5% With No Knockback | Blue Gem = 7% With Small Knockback | Green Gem = 10% With Small Knockback | Red Gem = 15% With Normal Knockback | Moneybag = 30% With High Knockback... The Chance Of These Appearing Are Dirt 80% | Blue Gem 55% | Green Gem 40% | Red Gem 20% | Moneybag 5%. Sometime He Wont Even Shovel Anything. This Move Is All Chance But Useful

Also, as per the rules of this thread you must cite a game the character has appeared in on a nintendo console.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:44 am

I'm 100% percent sure Shovel Knight got an official release in both the 3DS and the Wii U.
And I tought any character could be an expansion, after all, isn't Expansion characters supossed to not follow SSF2's roster roles?

Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:07 am

MGN Username: Mr.Xenomega
Currently Playing: SSB4 - SSF2 - Mario Kart 8 - Pokemon X
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Mr.Xenomega wrote:
Shovel knight!

Also, as per the rules of this thread you must cite a game the character has appeared in on a nintendo console.

You Might Wanna Look Up ShovelKnight And Just Like Shiver-Star Said He Has Appeared In 2 Nintendo Consoles. And Expansion Character Dont Go By The Rules Cause There Not In The Real Roster

Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:20 pm
BR Member

Mr.Xenomega wrote:
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Mr.Xenomega wrote:
Shovel knight!

You Might Wanna Look Up ShovelKnight And Just Like Shiver-Star Said He Has Appeared In 2 Nintendo Consoles. And Expansion Character Dont Go By The Rules Cause There Not In The Real Roster

What Wright means with rules is the point that this thread has this rule he mentioned, not general rules of SSF2. It is stated in the OP that you have to cite a game in which the character appeared on a Nintendo console. Most of us know about Shovel Knight.

Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:24 pm
BR Member

I hate myself for putting that much effort into Excite bike.

Also some of the damage ratings seem a bit low, but IDK about getting back into it to change it

Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:44 pm

MGN Username: Sonybubblemint
Currently Playing: Sff2, Kingdom Hearts 2, Zelda Twilight Princess and Devil May Cry 3
Doomguy, from the Doom universe and DOOM for SNES!

DATA:

Name:DoomGuy (Also reffered to as Doom Marine or The Marine)

Size: About the size of Goku, maybe a few pixels taller.

Weight: 110 (Assuming Mario's is 100)

Walk Speed: Shiek's

Dash Speed:The equivilent of Foxes walk speed,

Jump Height: About as high as DK's.

Fall Speed:Pretty much DK's

Air Speed: Zelda's

NORMAL ATTACKS:

Neutral-Punch, can be combo-ed into 3 hits(First two hits 2%)(Last Hit 6%)

Up-Tilt- Uppercut with short knock-back(6%)

Side-Tilt- Rush forward then downward punch(4%) Large knock-back

Down-Tilt- Sweep kick,Leaves enemy on ground for a short period of time(5%)

Dash Attack-Dive towards enemy. If enemy is hit does long knock-back.(6%)

SMASH ATTACKS:

Up-Smash- Headbutt Upward, leaves opponent in a helpless state for a short amount of time.(8% No Charge) (14% Full Charge)

Side-Smash- Up to Three Consecutive Strikes with Chainsaw(First Strike-No Charge-7%)(Second Strike-1/2 Charged-8%)(Last Strike-Full Charge-9%)all 3 add up like jabs.

Down-Smash- Brings out Chainsaw and Stuffs it into the ground, all enemies within radius takes damage.Start Lag(No Charge- 9%) (1/2 Charge- 16%)(Full Charge- 21%)

SPECIAL ATTACKS:

Neutral Special- Fires short range shotgun with spray effect. Short knock-back. Pushes Doomguy back when done in air (9%)

Up Special(Third Jump as I call it)- Short hops then fires a rocket launcher at the ground, damaging grounded characters/characters within explosion radius(similar to link's bombs) and boosting him up.In helpless state afterwards. (12%)

Down Special- Uses Invulnerability sphere to Deflects all projectile attacks for Around 1-2 sec. Similar to fox's reflector it can hurt close-up opponents(3%) Deflected Projectiles do half of what they would originally but to opponent. Can be stopped by melee attacks. Short end lag.

Side Special- Brings out plasma gun and fires three large plasma shots, he is unable to move during this attack. Pushes Doomguy back when done in air (6% for each hit)

AERIAL ATTACKS:

Neutral Aerial- Fires mid-range Pistol forward, short push back. (5%)

Up-Aerial- Basically up-tilt, lost creativity for this one : P

Forward Aerial - Chainsaw spin forward, similar to sora's forward-aerial but with WAY slower and stronger. Hits up to three times.(6% per hit)

Back Aerial- Mid-air back flip/kick, High speed(9%)

Down Aerial- Swings chaingun downward firing a wave of bullets below him. (9%)

GRABS/THROWS:

Grab- Dives forward over a very large distance.(About how far as goku's roll goes) If he comes in contact with enemy before hits the ground, it works. If not he dodges/rolls.

Pummel- The repetitive squeezing of the enemy's neck.(4% per squeeze)

Up-Throw- Throws enemy upward(duh) extremely high up and very quickly, Followed by Three consecutive pistol shots(9%)

Down-Throw- Basically Links down throw but stronger with short end lag(10%)

Forward throw- Spins opponent then tosses them away, followed by a shot from the BFG 9000(12%)

Back throw- Tosses opponent behind him on the floor then fires Super Shot gun(10%)

SMASH!

Final Smash-The Unmaker!- Uses jet pack to fly out of screen. Doom guy face appears at top of screen, hold the special button to add to your damage, doom guy shows expression of pain. When done charging (max 100%) five red beams fire at random points of the screen, doom guy face starts to smile. All opponents that touch a beam get trapped in it and take the same amount of damage doom guy took charging. Afterwards the beams and doom guy face dissapear(after about 5-8sec) and doom guy falls from top of screen in a helpless state.

CINEMATICS:

Entrance-Rises from portal to hell.

Win- Takes off helmet and smokes cigar

Lose- Flips the bird :xd:

Taunt 1- Laughs and points forward.

Taunt 2- Fires pistol into the air crazily, laughing(CAN'T do damage)

Taunt 3- Hold's his pet rabbit daisy's severed head and shouts a battle cry to avenge her 8-)

Fanfare Music: DOOM Theme(with adjustments for copyright reasons.)

EDITED to show more detail. I got the majority of my information from the wiki and the DeathBattle video "Master Chief vs. DOOMguy" I am completley open to any advice or constructive criticism. Heres a link to his art on the DOOM cover: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dea ... 0112202556 . Thank you.

Training: Kirby

Last edited by Sonybubblemint on Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:46 am, edited 8 times in total.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:54 am

MGN Username: warriorman222
Currently Playing: SSBB, SSF2, COD Ghosts, Pokemon Y
That doomguy is broken. You give him some of the game's best damage racking, Ridiculous weight, speed, and the game's best taunts. If he's gonna have that moveset, his weight should be no higher than 80 and he airspeed D3 horrible, which by the way was left unmentioned. And he shouldn't be walking almost as fast as he dashes. The concept is really cool, but he would likely end up broken with those stats unless hits hitboxes ended up really terrible.

Secondaries: :luigi: :ichigo: :bowser:

Pockets: :bandanadee: :isaac: :Pichu

Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:54 pm
 [ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 46  Next