The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:32 pm

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Something New 

Currently Playing: Resident Evil 6, SoulCalibur V, Slender: The Arrival, Minecraft
Look, I don't often make custom sprites, but I very often edit them. I am trying to get my head right. I forget to think at times, and I try changing it as fast as I can. It's really hard to edit, let alone make sprites.

I know what you're saying, Steven. I just want this character to be in SSF2 as an expansion SO badly. That and I just want to show what I can do. You're right, nothing's easy. I can't really make a custom sprite sheet on my own.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:09 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Masky wrote:
Look, I don't often make custom sprites, but I very often edit them. I am trying to get my head right. I forget to think at times, and I try changing it as fast as I can. It's really hard to edit, let alone make sprites.

I know what you're saying, Steven. I just want this character to be in SSF2 as an expansion SO badly. That and I just want to show what I can do. You're right, nothing's easy. I can't really make a custom sprite sheet on my own.

Okay but here is the catch; there is nothing wrong with that don't worry.

You just got the therms mixed up a bit, or .. well, the general understanding of it. Most people take 'edited' as 'made new poses and aleteredposes' in context. What you did is adding blur and turning some sprites clockwise. In retrospect this would count, yes, but in the world of spriters it's considered 'too light of an edit to actually be an edit'. Honour among thieves.

But hey, CoM is not the easiest style and spriting isn't super-easy either, so if you never did it then don't feel bad if it didn't work.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:15 pm

MGN Username: Detta
Waifu: Zinnia
if you did not make a sprite out of no sprite, it is not custom
if you have any sort of pre-existing sprite that you worked from, it is an edit

and if you barely do anything with the sheet other than arranging frames, that's not even editing

Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:18 pm

Currently Playing: Resident Evil 6, SoulCalibur V, Slender: The Arrival, Minecraft
Dettadeus wrote:

and if you barely do anything with the sheet other than arranging frames, that's not even editing

The sprites are re-arranged.

This sprite sheet was a personal project that took me days to complete. Basically, I took a smaller sprite sheet and turned it into something bigger.

I'm capable of making sprites, but as I said, I don't do it often. I remake/edit sprites more often than that.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:36 pm

Masky wrote:
Dettadeus wrote:

This sprite sheet was a personal project that took me days to complete. Basically, I took a smaller sprite sheet and turned it into something bigger.

I'm capable of making sprites, but as I said, I don't do it often. I remake/edit sprites more often than that.

No one said you can't sprite. They are just trying to clarify to you that taking someone else's work and arranging it to a sheet and then saying you've edited the sprites is the same as claiming them as your own. You would have done nothing but move a few pictures around. Editing things requires more work than that. I wouldn't call anything an edit unless at least 50% of the sprite has been altered or you've created an entirely new pose for already existing sprites.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:45 pm

miniova wrote:
Masky wrote:
Dettadeus wrote:

No one said you can't sprite. They are just trying to clarify to you that taking someone else's work and arranging it to a sheet and then saying you've edited the sprites is the same as claiming them as your own. You would have done nothing but move a few pictures around. Editing things requires more work than that. I wouldn't call anything an edit unless at least 50% of the sprite has been altered or you've created an entirely new pose for already existing sprites.

I don't claim the sprites as my own, there are new poses, you don't really see them (mainly because they're upper body), and I can sprite if I had enough time.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:28 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden Black, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Titanfall 2 MP
Waifu: Makoto Nijima
Masky wrote:
and I can sprite if I had enough time.

Sprite T.O.M 1. Do it.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:17 pm

MGN Username: Detta
Waifu: Zinnia
spend less time making crap posts and prove you can sprite when you "have enough time" then

Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:07 pm

Masky wrote:
miniova wrote:
Masky wrote:
Dettadeus wrote:

I don't claim the sprites as my own, there are new poses, you don't really see them (mainly because they're upper body), and I can sprite if I had enough time.

Then post some stuff that you have done. You don't have to do it all at once. I, myself only spend a little bit of time doing sprites because I get bored after a little while of doing it. Even if it doesn't turn out all that well, if you post it here we can critique it for you and help you get better.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:06 am

King Arthur wrote:
Masky wrote:
and I can sprite if I had enough time.

Sprite T.O.M 1. Do it.

How about a custom character, rather.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:52 am

why does he have to do that?

what's the matter?

don't have the SKILLS?

pussy

Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:54 am

Currently Playing: 3ds
sprite slender man
or the thing in my sig

Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:56 am

No, I'm almost complete with Stephen Kennedy.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Masky wrote:
No, I'm almost complete with Stephen Kennedy.

Stephen who?

This really sounds like you've gotten completely-off topic on your own sprite topic.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:29 pm

That's because I'm doing a few things in:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36427&p=1194417#p1194417

There is something new.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:33 pm
 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next