The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 2:24 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 2471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 165  Next
Super Mario Bros. 

kyuubit wrote:
Byllant wrote:
I wondered why you discussed Paper Mario here on a Super Mario (platformers) dedicated topic.

UltimateBrawl wrote:
Am I the only one here who likes Super paper Mario? That game was awesome. Not only did it have a good plot, it had a surprisingly dark tone, creepy yet hilarious characters, and don't get me STARTED on the music(It's Showtime for example; holy crud). Anyone else have similar opinions?

because this idiot did

Actually i think the discussion was happening before that, its just that he brought it up again.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:32 am

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
Well, getting this back to the corresponding game topic [Super Mario platformer games (not Mario Kart, not Mario Tennis, not Luigi's Mansion, not Mario RPG's, not any other Mario spin-off)], has anyone tried New Super Mario Bros. U the lucky ones who already own a Wii U.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:33 am

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Waifu: Mina Ashido
It was ok.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:34 am

Byllant wrote:
Well, getting this back to the corresponding game topic [Super Mario platformer games (not Mario Kart, not Mario Tennis, not Luigi's Mansion, not Mario RPG's, not any other Mario spin-off)], has anyone tried New Super Mario Bros. U the lucky ones who already own a Wii U.

I have the Wii U but im gonna wait til Christmas to get Mario, since i dont have much money right now, after buying the Wii U system, plus an iPad Mini for my mom for Christmas yeowch.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:43 am

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
Thundaga_T2 wrote:
Byllant wrote:

I have the Wii U but im gonna wait til Christmas to get Mario, since i dont have much money right now, after buying the Wii U system, plus an iPad Mini for my mom for Christmas yeowch.

Yo should get Mario at first, I hate you for owning a Wii U, in fact I hate everybody that owns a Wii U and I will show my hatred toward them once I can get a Wii U.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:06 pm

Byllant wrote:
Yo should get Mario at first, I hate you for owning a Wii U, in fact I hate everybody that owns a Wii U and I will show my hatred toward them once I can get a Wii U.

Er...why? Is becuase you hate Wii U or you want one?

Axel wrote:
It was ok.

Is it more fun then 2?

Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:52 pm

Currently Playing: skyrim ponymon dawn and umvc3
Phin68 wrote:
Byllant wrote:

Er...why? Is becuase you hate Wii U or you want one?

Axel wrote:
It was ok.

Is it more fun then 2?

who the heller cares idiots

Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:54 am

Byllant wrote:
has anyone tried New Super Mario Bros. U the lucky ones who already own a Wii U.

yes I have I finished it in one day

Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:47 am

Byllant wrote:

I tried it. Awesome game.
I love the Baby Yoshis! You can leave the level with them (Surprise!) and they're so cute and I love how they sing along to the music...
Also, the Flying Squirrel suit is as fun as f***.
Too bad Boom-Boom is the Mid-Boss on all worlds but 7 though...

Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:26 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
It really is kind of a shame this is only the most recent of about 5 mario games that have come out in quick succession, because it really is a very good, very well polished game. Best 2D one so far for sure.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:26 pm

MGN Username: Goombario64
Currently Playing: SSB4
Tid wrote:
It really is kind of a shame this is only the most recent of about 5 mario games that have come out in quick succession, because it really is a very good, very well polished game. Best 2D one so far for sure.

I don't have a Wii U yet, so I want to know something. How much better is it than NSMBWii?

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Mains:
SSB4: Pika, Mario, and Yyyoshiii! I also enjoy Captain Falcon Dittos (who doesn't?!)
Pokkén Tournament:
Weavile, Pikachu-Libre, Shadow Mewtwo
Looking forward to playing as the Sandbag in SSF2. Time for some Revenge to be dished out.
~Formerly Goombario64~

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:30 am

Goombario64 wrote:
Tid wrote:

I don't have a Wii U yet, so I want to know something. How much better is it than NSMBWii?

I would say its a lot better looking graphically. Everything about the game looks beautiful.

One thing that kinda sucks though is that you cant horde as many items this time around. Its SMB3 style, but you only have one row of slots, and once its full, the game asks you to get rid of one when you get one extra. Basically, the game encourages more item use than before.

World Map looks very interesting, i like the style they used this time, though is a bit difficult to tell the order of the worlds because of the layouts.

Level design is pretty cool as far as ive seen, its got a good balance of easy and hard, not too far into either.

Gameplay wise, its almost identical to NSMBWii, and 2. The only differences are the powerups, and some level gimmicks of course. But gameplay is more or less the same. When playing with the Gamepad, you can use the spin jump and air spin maneuvers by pressing a button as well as shaking the controller, so you can choose which one you want to use (i prefer the button now that im used to it)

Ive yet to play multiplayer so i cant comment on that part of it.

Would definitely recommend this game.

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:42 am

:cry: NSMBU sucks ive played it finished it in one day it made me feel like killing myself :cry:

Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:30 am

regular wrote:
:cry: NSMBU sucks ive played it finished it in one day it made me feel like killing myself :cry:

Thats your own fault then, ive had the game since Christmas, and i still didnt finish it. Still like it.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:50 pm

regular wrote:

So you got every secret level and star coin in one day?
Man, you're good.
Go download Lost Levels on eShop and beat it and tell us about how long it took you and how much it sucked.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:21 pm
 [ 2471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 165  Next