The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:13 pm

[ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
Zero Suit Samus 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
DrunkenRockman wrote:
I've noticed that if you up-special as you jump, you do a super jump.

Yes, I noticed that as well. Weird that using her up-spec at any other time will not give vertical momentum, this mechanic might put ZSS at top 5 or so in recovery.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:12 pm

MGN Username: DrunkenRockman
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Borderlands 2, and Shovel Knight.
Starkiller2 wrote:
DrunkenRockman wrote:
I've noticed that if you up-special as you jump, you do a super jump.

Yes, I noticed that as well. Weird that using her up-spec at any other time will not give vertical momentum, this mechanic might put ZSS at top 5 or so in recovery.

Fox had a similar technique in Brawl called the Foxcopter. It's basically the same thing as ZSS's in this game, but it's done with a forward air instead of an up-special.

Youtube Channel for mainly Smash content: https://www.youtube.com/user/IceCreamMan1923/videos
MGN: DrunkenRockman

SSF2 Offline: Godlike.
SSF2 Online: In good matches, it's great!

Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:46 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
It's an AT brought over from Brawl

Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:25 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, LOZ:PH, Pokemon Showdown!.
Anyone, how many times can the down special be used in the air? Just depends on how powerful her Horizontal recovery is.

ImageImage

Link!

Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:30 am
YIM
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
As many as you want, just have to time it correctly. It doesn't really matter anyway because if she's recovering high she will probably not benefit that much, it just gives her more options to fake you out. You still just need to figure out when she's gonna go for the ledge and grab it.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:39 am

Hello everyone. I've been really surprised by Zero Suit Samus. She is definitely one of the best character (even if the game is way more balanced than ever). She has a really good aerial game with strong attacks ect... ect....i think everybody here did his analysis.

Furthermore, she needs practice to be mastered, as her range is not infinite (hopefully, we did not need a cheated character as Black Mage was in the beginning). I though at the beginning that she was a bit too much powerful thanks to her side smash (SOME MUCH RAAANGE !) But finally, with the upgrade of the other characters, she's balanced.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:15 am

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
Bemoth wrote:
Hello everyone. I've been really surprised by Zero Suit Samus. She is definitely one of the best character (even if the game is way more balanced than ever). She has a really good aerial game with strong attacks ect... ect....i think everybody here did his analysis.

Furthermore, she needs practice to be mastered, as her range is not infinite (hopefully, we did not need a cheated character as Black Mage was in the beginning). I though at the beginning that she was a bit too much powerful thanks to her side smash (SOME MUCH RAAANGE !) But finally, with the upgrade of the other characters, she's balanced.

I agree she definitely takes a while to get used to, especially the timings of her down specs but she is very very strong.
PS. Accueil aux forums!

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGwe_ZagNDtx5kRoFyF6zuw

Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:27 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Can anyone give me some tips on how to recover as ZSS? I keep finding myself off stage without a midair jump and dying. X.x

Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:24 pm
YIM
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Shine! wrote:
Can anyone give me some tips on how to recover as ZSS? I keep finding myself off stage without a midair jump and dying. X.x

Well, first off try to avoid using your double jump in risky scenarios. At high percents is often a bad time to use it, because getting hit offstage without your double jump is bad for ZSS. In a general case though, I've found that 2 down specials gives almost the same horizontal distance that her double jump would give her, so you do not need to double jump immediately. Get the timing down for the second down-spec so you don't do a kick and die. If you aren't comfortable doing this then don't do the second one, it isn't usually necessary except for certain situations. So, if you've saved your second jump you should have an easy time getting back by jumping and up-spec a the same time. It gives way more vertical than a normal jump, and it still tethers. You can recover from the magnifying glass on every(?) stage with this. If they want to beat this, they have to grab the ledge at a certain timing, otherwise your up spec hits them, they get off the ledge and you grapple to it :)
If you want to go high, it's easy. Just do DJ up spec at a height that would allow you to go above them. Assuming you DI'd properly, you should have no problem getting high up enough.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:41 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Starkiller2 wrote:
Shine! wrote:

Well, first off try to avoid using your double jump in risky scenarios. At high percents is often a bad time to use it, because getting hit offstage without your double jump is bad for ZSS. In a general case though, I've found that 2 down specials gives almost the same horizontal distance that her double jump would give her, so you do not need to double jump immediately. Get the timing down for the second down-spec so you don't do a kick and die. If you aren't comfortable doing this then don't do the second one, it isn't usually necessary except for certain situations. So, if you've saved your second jump you should have an easy time getting back by jumping and up-spec a the same time. It gives way more vertical than a normal jump, and it still tethers. You can recover from the magnifying glass on every(?) stage with this. If they want to beat this, they have to grab the ledge at a certain timing, otherwise your up spec hits them, they get off the ledge and you grapple to it :)
If you want to go high, it's easy. Just do DJ up spec at a height that would allow you to go above them. Assuming you DI'd properly, you should have no problem getting high up enough.

Thanks for the advice! I used to think Zamus had awkward recovery cause of the tether's relying on ledge so much, but it actually sounds pretty amazing.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:11 pm
YIM
SSF2 Developer

Shine! wrote:
Starkiller2 wrote:
Shine! wrote:

Thanks for the advice! I used to think Zamus had awkward recovery cause of the tether's relying on ledge so much, but it actually sounds pretty amazing.

Oh yeah, double jump up-spec is huge for her recovery. You can even stall a bit by alternating directions for down-spec (but this can be punished if they are close enough).

Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Currently Playing: ...SuperSmashFlash2?
Starkiller2 wrote:
Shine! wrote:
Starkiller2 wrote:
Shine! wrote:

Oh yeah, double jump up-spec is huge for her recovery. You can even stall a bit by alternating directions for down-spec (but this can be punished if they are close enough).
It's one of the most important things for her recovery in Brawl, since without it she'd be even worse vertically than the other tethering characters. Zamus was one of the characters I specialized in with Brawl, so I made sure all of her recovery techniques/options stayed.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:26 pm
SSF2 Developer

Xyless wrote:
Starkiller2 wrote:
Shine! wrote:
Starkiller2 wrote:
Shine! wrote:

It's one of the most important things for her recovery in Brawl, since without it she'd be even worse vertically than the other tethering characters. Zamus was one of the characters I specialized in with Brawl, so I made sure all of her recovery techniques/options stayed.

Well, you did a very good job :wee:

Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:28 pm

MGN Username: VillagerIsLove
Currently Playing: Smash 4, SSF2, Terraria, Fire Emblem: Awakening
I don't know if this happened to anyone else, but rarely, when I use downB, she kicks by herself without any further input from me. This is usually noticeable when I try to go under Final Destination.

__
Secondaries
__
3DS FC: 3540-1270-5229

Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:55 pm
SSF2 Developer

Meyguhmein wrote:
I don't know if this happened to anyone else, but rarely, when I use downB, she kicks by herself without any further input from me. This is usually noticeable when I try to go under Final Destination.

Maybe you are holding down the special key for too long?

Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:34 pm
 [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next