The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:41 pm

[ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167 ... 189  Next
SSF2 Character Speculation 

i want banjo and kazooie more than a batle toad....

Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:23 pm

Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
Kirb-Star wrote:
I honestly would love to have Jill & Drill Dozer (the girl with the drill that appeared as an AT in Brawl).
I really would love to pierce the heavens using her :chibirobo:
Drill Dozer is truly one of my favorite GBA games, and my favorite non-Pokémon Game Freak game.

Not to mention that her Final Smash could be Skullker Ambush where the Skullkers could appear and attack the players while Jill is protected.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:31 pm

MGN Username: Vega
Currently Playing: The Beta
Harr Turnpike wrote:
Rift of the Nova wrote:
What's keeping them from putting a character from Survival Horror (Leon S. Kennedy) into Super Smash Flash 2?
Certainly they can't make a game as diverse as this is without at least ONE Survival Horror video game character, right?
Here's to hoping Leon S. Kennedy becomes the Survival Horror Representative that this game should have.

It's certainly possible. Any argument I can think of against him is rendered null by Snake, who a lot of us agree is pretty much a shoo-in. So Leon's possible.

Well think of it this way; Leon's one of, if not the most, iconic survival horror character in ever, only comparable to the Pyramid Head (who, too, could possibly be in the game since he's appeared on a Nintendo game). Leon has so many things to pull from from Resident Evil, such as his various assortments of guns, his combat that he learned, the grenades, bottles, herbs, grenade launchers, rocket launchers, PRL 412s, Handcannons, etc. Hell, we could go further by giving him a special mechanic that's similar to the game Resident Evil: Revelations 2, in where there can be special effects from Bottles and the like! So if he has an Electric Bottle in his hand (based on RNG), if it hits an opponent, the opponent could take 1.3 times the damage they would normally take for about 15.0 seconds. For Decoy Bottles, it could force opponents to instantly hit them when in close proximity, causing them to explode. The possibilities for Leon himself are quite possibly endless.

And remember, we have Black Mage, who can cause Poison and Doom on the opponent for some amount of time, so it would be possible to implement the Electric Bottle mechanic.

However, I could also consider Pyramid Head for speculation as the very next Super Heavyweight and villain. He, too, would have a lot to draw from Silent Hill 2. He could be an extremely slow and clunky character that has some extremely powerful attacks to him. Like maybe Forward Smash, which could one-hit-KO at mid-charge because it's his sword slam from Silent Hill 2, which actually does kill you in one hit. He also has his choke grab from the same game, which could be a Side Special command grab. His spear could be used in various attacks, too.

There's so much endless possibilities for either of these characters, so I'd at least speculate that one of these two (if not Leon, then Chris) characters have the highest chance of being the horror representative. Here's to hoping that a Resident Evil or Silent Hill character can make it into the game.

(Though I speculate Ganondorf will be in this game as another Zelda rep because he's too popular to keep out.)

Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:58 am

MGN Username: blackking1700
I'd also like to see Leon, I'd also like to see Alexandria Rovias from Enternal Darkness.Leon is the new Luffy.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:29 am

Id love to see mewtwo get in. He's my favorite smash character, and him being in would mean the world of gaming to me. Id drop shiek and main him.

idk, moveset wise id say something like sd remix mewtwo at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-6lDZbY7EQ.

or if he gets made they could just balance melee mewtwo. like reduce lag on his moves, remove the tail hurtboxes, better fame data, buff his weight a bit. He'd be an amazing addition to the roster. I have high hopes he gets in.

But for now, Ima stick to my :sheik: :ichigo: UNLESS HE GETS IN MCLEODGAMING PLS MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Jk. I have hopes though. you guys are awesome!

Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:13 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2
I made a huge analysis on my speculation roster here:

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=43521

Feel free to give it a read, lots of work was done to make it and explain my choices. 8-)

Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:05 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
Ly- ookay, everyone probably gets it already... besides, donn't want another realmemoryman anyway

Other non-Lyn characters I speculate:
King DDD (Pretty much guaranteed soon)
Snake (High chance + Shadow Moses Island stage)
Zero (Screw MMX, but we still need a MMX rep and generally another Megaman Rep)
Andy (Never played the original AW, but I LOVED him in Dual Strike, and AW in general is awesome and needs a rep)
Waluigi (Because Waaaaa)
Little Mac, Villager, Bowser Jr. (WiiU/3DS chars)
Simon Belmont (Another iconic vg character)
Bill Rizer (Played the original contra game, a rep of the first nintendo side-scrolling run-n-gun game iirc)
LYN

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:42 am

MGN Username: Chizz20
Currently Playing: SSF2 & Touhou
Waifu: Misato Tachibana
Jan_Solo wrote:
Ly- ookay, everyone probably gets it already... besides, donn't want another realmemoryman anyway

Other non-Lyn characters I speculate:
King DDD (Pretty much guaranteed soon)
Snake (High chance + Shadow Moses Island stage)
Zero (Screw MMX, but we still need a MMX rep and generally another Megaman Rep)
Andy (Never played the original AW, but I LOVED him in Dual Strike, and AW in general is awesome and needs a rep)
Waluigi (Because Waaaaa)
Little Mac, Villager, Bowser Jr. (WiiU/3DS chars)
Simon Belmont (Another iconic vg character)
Bill Rizer (Played the original contra game, a rep of the first nintendo side-scrolling run-n-gun game iirc)
LYN

Lyn Fanboys be like..
Jan_Solo wrote:
LYNNNNNNNNNN

Anyways.. I speculate
Ice Climbers
Olimar
Villager
Duck Hunt Dog
Lucas
Simon Belmont
Knuckles
Palutena
Lyn
Zero
Ganondorf
R.O.B
Robin
Cloud
Tifa Lockhart

Mains: :tails: :peach:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:42 am

Jan_Solo wrote:
[/spoiler]Andy (Never played the original AW, but I LOVED him in Dual Strike, and AW in general is awesome and needs a rep)

This guy knows what's up! 8-)

You can pick up both GBA Advance Wars games on the Wii U Virtual Console. Both games are worth every penny. As for Dual Strike us North American scrubs still haven't gotten the Wii U Virtual Console release though Europeans have the game released in their area.

But yeah Lyn would be a nice addition to the roster as well. I'm pretty sure that the final SSF2 roster is going to have 2 FE characters so I would rather have Lyn over any other pre-existing FE character in the mainline Smash Bros games since it's something new that we haven't seen before.

Click to expand thumbnail

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:27 pm

Still waiting for Daisy

Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:15 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Pokemon Uranium, RPG's
SMX wrote:
[...] Lyn would be a nice addition to the roster as well. I'm pretty sure that the final SSF2 roster is going to have 2 FE characters so I would rather have Lyn over any other pre-existing FE character in the mainline Smash Bros games since it's something new that we haven't seen before.

*cough* Project M's leaked build *cough*

Does anyone else see a Pokemon besides from Lucario and Mewtwo making the cut in SSF2?
I speculate it will either be Gengar, or a second/third gen rep.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:30 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
Gengar would be a really cool character, even cooler if they kept his canon height. Regarding Lucario and Mewtwo, I think if they weren't planning on including them, they might as well have demoted them to Pokéball and shown them in the Pokémon dev blog like Pichu. Popular fan favorites like those two probably wouldn't be left out of SSF2 entirely, considering the Pokéball item is an incredibly convenient way to shoehorn them in.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:36 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
realmemoryman3 wrote:
Still waiting for Daisy

You impatient frick. :chibirobo:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:45 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Pokemon Uranium, RPG's
Crow Victini wrote:
Gengar would be a really cool character, even cooler if they kept his canon height. Regarding Lucario and Mewtwo, I think if they weren't planning on including them, they might as well have demoted them to Pokéball and shown them in the Pokémon dev blog like Pichu. Popular fan favorites like those two probably wouldn't be left out of SSF2 entirely, considering the Pokéball item is an incredibly convenient way to shoehorn them in.

Agreed. :pikachu:
For an all time fan-favorite like Gengar, I don't doubt his inclusion, however there may be other potential candidates like Scizor, Blaziken, Greninja, Tyranitar, etc. which aren't as popular, but are still plausible. Heck, looking up "popular pokemon" in Google will first show up an image of Gengar in the results.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:04 pm

El Natoo wrote:
SMX wrote:
[...] Lyn would be a nice addition to the roster as well. I'm pretty sure that the final SSF2 roster is going to have 2 FE characters so I would rather have Lyn over any other pre-existing FE character in the mainline Smash Bros games since it's something new that we haven't seen before.

*cough* Project M's leaked build *cough*

Does anyone else see a Pokemon besides from Lucario and Mewtwo making the cut in SSF2?
I speculate it will either be Gengar, or a second/third gen rep.

I know but that really doesn't count since the build wasn't finished at that time.

I hope to see Mewtwo in the final version in SSF2. Would much rather have him over Lucario.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:11 pm
 [ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167 ... 189  Next