The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:57 pm

[ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 30  Next
Captain Falcon 

MGN Username: DrunkenRockman
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Borderlands 2, and Shovel Knight.
Zalozis wrote:
DrunkenRockman wrote:
Brawl Falcon is useless.

ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

(Brawl Falcon main here)

I love using him in Brawl, too. But in that game, he's just so... bad.

Youtube Channel for mainly Smash content: https://www.youtube.com/user/IceCreamMan1923/videos
MGN: DrunkenRockman

SSF2 Offline: Godlike.
SSF2 Online: In good matches, it's great!

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:42 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
His dash dance was shortened and his recovery was nerfed. I think the dash dance hangs is the most counter-intuitive for me.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:44 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
You can just crouch-cancel dash the other way to make your dashdance seem bigger than normal. Or mix up dashing left and right in spot when you rapidly crouch-cancel.

Thought this way, even Jigglypuff could have an ambiguous looking dashdance.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:30 pm

Been playing Captain Falcon a bit more. With MGN down and my account un-activated, I still haven't taken the Falcon to online mode.

But to all the people who are struggling with Falcon: he's a mix-up oriented character now. He still goes ham, just not quite as ham as before. Discombobulate your opponent with small hit strings to rack up percents, then try to score a KO combo at the higher percents.

Good setups for the knee include the down-tilt, down-throw, and possibly the up-throw.

Youtube Channel for mainly Smash content: https://www.youtube.com/user/IceCreamMan1923/videos

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:08 am

King Zao wrote:
Not even. Falcon can still 0death characters, it's just harder to do.

In Brawl, Falcon had no way of comboing into kill moves reliably; In 0.9b he does.

In Brawl, Falcon wasn't viable; in 0.9b he is.

You really can't compare the two and say "0.9b Falcon is slightly better".

If Brawl falcon could taken down The S tier MK you can't say he wasn't viable.

lol I have this feeling you're just new to the flash version.

And I haveyet to see Falcon 0 to death anyone ( not counting Cpus, they have no DI)

did you see any falcon towards the end of the tourney? I didnt. lol.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:19 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
ss4chris wrote:
King Zao wrote:

In Brawl, Falcon had no way of comboing into kill moves reliably; In 0.9b he does.

And I haveyet to see Falcon 0 to death anyone ( not counting Cpus, they have no DI)

LOOOOOOOOOL he doesn't know.

It might not be easy to get but Falcon combos are still scary. You might want to try doing uair into knee by landing in the ground between attacks. The reverse hitbox on uair seems to be bigger so you have to be more precise otherwise your opponent goes the wrong way.

Falcon never makes it to top level brawl because he gets beat by a lot of other characters, so what if he has a CG on MK?

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:26 pm

Starkiller2 wrote:
ss4chris wrote:
King Zao wrote:

LOOOOOOOOOL he doesn't know.

It might not be easy to get but Falcon combos are still scary. You might want to try doing uair into knee by landing in the ground between attacks. The reverse hitbox on uair seems to be bigger so you have to be more precise otherwise your opponent goes the wrong way.

Falcon never makes it to top level brawl because he gets beat by a lot of other characters, so what if he has a CG on MK?

know what? lol

http://www.twitch.tv/indysmash/b/551895461

beginning 1st part falcon does well but other than that hardly any falcon this tourney. Because players know hes not that great and there are other choices or they dont know how to wield him yet which can't be because Everyone seems to be well rounded here and according to stream commentator its best players here lol.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:41 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
ss4chris wrote:
King Zao wrote:

Are you kidding me? That tournament only had 21 people, so obviously all 29 characters won't be represented. Not just that, but Tac3 (the winner of the tournament) used Falcon along with other characters.

Your statement about Falcon being able to fight MK in Brawl is idiotic, anyone who know anything about Brawl knows that Falcon get destroyed by MK in Brawl. You can even see it in the Official Match Up Chart by the Brawl Backroom, and the obviously know more about they game than you. No one has ever placed top 16 at a Brawl major with Falcon because he's just terrible. He gets murked by all of the top tiers with no effort.

Btw, I've been playing 0.9 since the day it came out, so I'm anything but new, kid.

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:00 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
ss4chris wrote:
beginning 1st part falcon does well but other than that hardly any falcon this tourney. Because players know hes not that great and there are other choices or they dont know how to wield him yet which can't be because Everyone seems to be well rounded here and according to stream commentator its best players here lol.
Honey, what kind of bees' nest is that jam? Because there's few Falcon players, he's bad? Does that make Black Mage godly because he's overused at low-level?

ss4chris wrote:
And I have yet to see Falcon 0 to death anyone ( not counting Cpus, they have no DI)
I have yet to see 80% of the current cast perform legit 0-to-Death combos.

That's proves it then; 20 characters are in D-tier this demo.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:22 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
ss4chris wrote:

orrrrrr because two days of metagame is not enough to develop a character. people didn't pick CF because they didn't know how to play him yet. he's not as self-explanatory as, say, black mage. you actually have to put in work. it's very annoying that people are judging characters already instead of trying to discover combos, sharing replays, working together, etc. everyone's so quick to whine "nerf!!!!!!!!!!" likeeee.... get good? if this forum put in half as much work into their mains as they put in when they whine about changes our metagame would be in good shape

sorry you can't just uair all day.... get creative? get good at the game?

Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:56 pm

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
[TSON] wrote:
ss4chris wrote:

orrrrrr because two days of metagame is not enough to develop a character. people didn't pick CF because they didn't know how to play him yet. he's not as self-explanatory as, say, black mage. you actually have to put in work. it's very annoying that people are judging characters already instead of trying to discover combos, sharing replays, working together, etc. everyone's so quick to whine "nerf!!!!!!!!!!" likeeee.... get good? if this forum put in half as much work into their mains as they put in when they whine about changes our metagame would be in good shape

sorry you can't just uair all day.... get creative? get good at the game?

adding on to this:
in that twitch broadcast, the only reason I didn't play as Captain Falcon more often that tournament than I had planned or expected is for the sole reason that I was having an "off falcon day"
sounds like bull s***, I know, but I'm one of those kinds of players that are either playing really well with certain characters on any given day, or I'm playing poorly with certain characters on any given day.
it's not that falcon is a bad character. it's just that he requires the player to dedicate himself/herself to him in order to be playing at his full potential whenever the player touches him, which is something I find hard to do since I love playing as all the characters in the game lol

Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:46 pm

Currently Playing: L4D2, SSF2
Actually yeah Falcon still has destructives combos
The difference is in 0.9a against CPU it wasn't that hard to do 0 to 110% combos for example
Now you can't extend them as much but just knee after like 70% and the result will be the same
It's just not as cool as it used to be.
Basically now I play Falcon a bit like I used to play Sheik in 0.9a : Shorter combos, finisher (fair) comes sooner.

Also I've managed to get quite a bit of upair to knee combos offstage against light characters like Tails or Sora, around 50-60%

No DI - A SSF2 v0.9a Combo Video :
YouTube Video:

FALCON...PUUUUNCH

MGN username : Shady75

Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:17 am

MGN Username: SoldierSunday
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
I can assure you, Tac3 knows Falcon very well, ive played him too many times for him not to have a bad Falcon.

" You know what neither Melee nor Brawl have ? Controller input history in training mode." - 228zip, 2013

Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:51 pm

Hi, would this be the right place to post this http://www.mediafire.com/download/yjbk4acw5kaa5kh/oi ?
It's a replay of me playing Falcon and i'm hoping for some feedback on how to play him better. Aka, what should I be doing more of, what should I be doing less of.
If this is the wrong place to be posting this please tell me and i'll delete this !
EDIT: that replay was formatted improperly, here's the right one https://www.mediafire.com/?bcwqdztclbeb5yg

Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:30 pm

I thought about making a vid to show off some Captain Falcon technology, but I'll just keep it all to myself and show the world once my MGN gets activated. Muahahahaha!

Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:43 pm
 [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 30  Next