The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 8:22 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 1424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 95  Next
The Legend of Zelda 

Currently Playing: None
[NU] wrote:
Onaru wrote:
[NU] wrote:
Onaru wrote:
Amirin Blitz wrote:
I just recently tried SS and Super Mario 3DLand.

I think I'm in love with SS. Great movement, and I actually feel the use of the Wii remote to be the experience one dreamed back then.

Go get it then,it's a GOTY-quality game.

Christmas can't come soon enough.

Have already beat the game and decided to replay it. :wee:
I feel your pain.

Damn really? That's pretty fast. It's probably gonna take me a while, but that's okay, I plan on taking it slow.

It took me 50 hours and I did as many sidequests as possible,there's also a hero mode which is the same thing with increased difficulty.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:03 am

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
Skyward Sword is beating Skyrim? I guess it really will be GOTY, like it deserves. If it can beat Skyrim and Arkham City, then AC should be easy.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:11 pm

Deph wrote:
Skyward Sword is beating Skyrim? I guess it really will be GOTY, like it deserves. If it can beat Skyrim and Arkham City, then AC should be easy.

Skyrim is winning again,it's 51-49 again.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:26 pm

It'll do that, though Skyward Sword has stayed on the top for longer, as I'm typing, it's probably back up to 51

Yup, thought so.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:06 pm

Almost completing my 2nd run of the game,going to start 3rd run soon.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:12 pm

If it beat Skyrim, Assassins Weed is no problem.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:12 pm

Deph wrote:
If it beat Skyrim, Assassins Weed is no problem.

Yeah,SS can easily win this now.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:11 pm

By the way, I can't see the scores, what are they right now?

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:09 pm

SS is winning (apparently) (1 day ago)

Skyrim is really close, though (as mentioned).

I personally prefer SS now. Skyrim was over-hyped.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:58 pm

Deph wrote:

Can't see them as well,I think G4 did it deliberately since it's the finaly round.Though the result is already so obvious.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:01 am

Onaru wrote:
Deph wrote:

Can't see them as well,I think G4 did it deliberately since it's the finaly round.Though the result is already so obvious.

You can find them if you look properly.
http://www.g4tv.com/vgdm/best-game-2011/
Scroll down, and you can see many things like 'Close Battles' where the game fight with the closest scores is shown or 'Most Active Battles' where the fight with the most votes is shown. But, since there is only one fight...
these show you the percentages.
BTW, last time I checked the % were, 70% and 30%.
I think it's obvious to who these percentages belonged to.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:07 am

Waifu: I'm married
Amirin Blitz wrote:

... Skyrim is the over-hyped one? Zelda games are okay, but not a single one has ever been good enough to even be a contender for "game of the year"
Without the legion of fanboys who pretend to like it, we wouldn't even be having this discussion

skyrim has great combat, hundreds of great stories, 500+ hours of gameplay (just on one file), endless potential for screwing around, and it has actual, meaningful improvements over past games
But most importantly; EVERYONE who plays skyrim loves it and most people get addicted to it: you can only dislike it by trying not to like it. This is basically the meaning of a perfect game
Whereas in skyward sword, combat is a tedious waste of time, the story is an excuse plot, you can only play it once since 90% of the game is comprised of retarded puzzles (90% of which are pointlessly easy, the other 10% are "guide dang its"), and the only difference between this and every other zelda game is the gimmick that every zelda game has, plus a handful of items you use in a few dungeons during puzzles, and most importantly, only a small niche group actually likes zelda
Nobody else sees the appeal

Now tell me: which one is overrated, a huge, 500+ hour immersive adventure that appeals to everyone
Or a cliche, 20-hour collect-a-thon devoid of any actual gameplay?

Countless nintendo fan boys have wasted money playing zelda games they don't even like, but they feel the need to lie and say they like it because they want to like everything nintendo makes

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:47 am
YIM WWW

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
tbh with you i actually really really like skyward sword and disagree with much of what you said
well not disagree with it but view it completely differently.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:57 am

Count chocula wrote:
Amirin Blitz wrote:

... Skyrim is the over-hyped one? Zelda games are okay, but not a single one has ever been good enough to even be a contender for "game of the year"
Without the legion of fanboys who pretend to like it, we wouldn't even be having this discussion

skyrim has great combat, hundreds of great stories, 500+ hours of gameplay (just on one file), endless potential for screwing around, and it has actual, meaningful improvements over past games
But most importantly; EVERYONE who plays skyrim loves it and most people get addicted to it: you can only dislike it by trying not to like it. This is basically the meaning of a perfect game
Whereas in skyward sword, combat is a tedious waste of time, the story is an excuse plot, you can only play it once since 90% of the game is comprised of retarded puzzles (90% of which are pointlessly easy, the other 10% are "guide dang its"), and the only difference between this and every other zelda game is the gimmick that every zelda game has, plus a handful of items you use in a few dungeons during puzzles, and most importantly, only a small niche group actually likes zelda

Now tell me: which one is overrated, a huge, 500+ hour immersive adventure that appeals to everyone

Countless nintendo fan boys have wasted money playing zelda games they don't even like, but they feel the need to lie and say they like it because they want to like everything nintendo makes

Game design.
A personal touch.
It's quality, not quantity.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:14 am

Currently Playing: None, grounded.
Count chocula wrote:
Amirin Blitz wrote:

Let me let on a little secret;

The only bad Zelda games ever made were made completely devoid of Nintendo's input. *cough cough CD-i cough cough*

The opening to one review of Skyward Sword said "Ocarina of time, you have met your match."

Skyward Sword is easily the best Nintendo game of all time, with over 100 hours of immersive content and story. The Zelda series also has an utterly HUGE fanbase, and anyone who says anything to the contrary is lieing to themselves and their partners. Skyrim is a generic RPG(not even THAT) that contains far too many cliches prominent in the genre. The Zelda series is fresh throughout. I defy you to find one entry in the canonical series that shows a complete lack of respect to its fans. And like Krillin III said, "Quality, not quantity."

Do these three things, and you will not be fed to the sharks.

Boom.

PSN Name: UltimateBrawl
Games I own: LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Portal 2(completed the Co-Op campaign, but I'm willing to help you beat it!)
Add me if you want!

Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:57 pm
 [ 1424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 95  Next