The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:11 am

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
My Huge Super Smash Flash 2 Speculation Roster Analysis 

Currently Playing: SSF2
My Huge Super Smash Flash 2 Speculation Roster Analysis

As Super Smash Con 2016 comes to a close, we finally have new character additions to the Super Smash Flash 2 roster. Those three characters are Falco Lombardi from Star Fox, Bandanna Dee from Kirby, and (at last!) Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece. Falco did not personally excite me. Luffy in particular was the character I was the most excited about, mainly because I love One Piece and his unique attributes that could flesh out the Smash Flash 2 roster. Bandanna Dee's inclusion in particular got me to rethink about what the actual SSF2 roster could look like. The SSF2 devs have announced that after those three additions, that would be the entire starting roster for Super Smash Flash 2, which you can see below.

To fill in the time before the BETA release, I have decided to do a speculation roster analysis. I have a lot to say about my roster, so I really hope this keeps you entertained. It has been a while since I actually done Smash speculation rosters, the last ones I did were for Smash NX and Smash 4. And I have not caught with what SSF2 devs have said about character additions as of recent. So my speculation skills may be a bit rusty. With that let's begin!

What I Think The Full SSF2 Roster Will Look Like

I will not be covering non-unlockable characters that have currently appeared in Smash Bros already. Instead, I'll be covering all newcomers unique to Super Smash Flash 2 and potential unlockable veterans. This will be divided into categories where I will analyze each character one by one with a brief summary of why they could be in. But first, let me list what the SSF2 devs have said so far with how Smash Flash 2 characters are chosen. These are moreso of guidelines than rules, just to keep in mind.

1. SSF2 has a set in-game roster and has for some time.
2. The newcomer must have starred in a game on a Nintendo console.
3. The newcomer must have made an impact with their games on a Nintendo consoles.
4. The newcomer must have unique moveset qualities.
5. The developers are doing their best to avoid adding clones in the game.
6. Is this character doable (think of potential engine limitations for example)
7. What new elements and mechanics could the character bring to the table?
8. Does the character stand out theme-wise (design/visuals/personality/body type)
9. Popularity is more of a catalyst that makes us examine the above factors for a character.

This is all I could recall when I was previously speculating the SSF2 roster. Do remind me if they had said more, link it if possible. Let me start with Category 1:

Category 1: Veterans

1. Mewtwo/Lucario/Ike/King Dedede/Ice Climbers/ R.O.B./Diddy Kong/Pikmin & Olimar/Ganondorf
I do not think would I have to say much about them. These characters in particular are all unique re-appearing veterans that have a large contribution to Nintendo's history. I do believe that veterans that have appeared in Brawl and Melee will be the only ones included, not unique ones from Smash 4. There could be potential issues, with Olimar and Ice Climbers in particular, with potential issues of the engine not being able to run four of them at the same time, but I'm slightly more lenient that they could be in. Ike in particular could be replaced with another Fire Emblem newcomer that has not been in Smash yet, but I'll get to that when I get to runner ups.

Category 2: Brawl Semi-Clones

These characters are not grouped with veterans because they are not as important characters to Nintendo's history and have the unfortunate clone status that somewhat drags their chances down. And yes I am aware they are semi-clones, but I feel their status as clones alone could make them likelier to be excluded in the final roster. I still somewhat believe they could make due to their high popularity, but we will have to wait and see.

Category 3: New Nintendo Characters from Already Represented Franchises

I recently think these kinds of characters will be included in the roster. Since Bandanna Dee's inclusion, I have been think about candidates that could potentially appear in this game, and it was pretty simple to figure out once I re-checked the most wanted characters Smash 4 speculation. In general, these are widely requested Nintendo characters from already represented franchises.

1. King K. Rool
One of the most HIGHLY demanded characters in Smash 4. Making an appearance as a Mii Costume as Smash 4 DLC, I feel like this character will likely be included due to his unique projectile-based abilities (like the crown and cannonballs), his importance to the DKC franchise, and an insane-minded personality that makes him stand out from other characters.

2. Krystal
As one of the most requested Star Fox characters since her debut in Star Fox Adventures, I really believe she could make it due to her uniqueness with the staff. Krystal's staff can summon fire projectiles, ice projections, create earthquakes, make forcefields, and even give her a boost in flight to make her a stand out from other characters.

3. Paper Mario
Although not as requested as K. Rool or Ridley, Paper Mario has been decently requested in Smash 4 and is a somewhat important to the history of Mario spinoffs. It did manage to get stage representation in Smash 4, but not character representation. I feel his unique abilities to take advantage of his paper form and a potential partner system that would make devs add him to the Smash Flash 2 roster.

4. Ridley
This was inevitable to add. Since his stage hazard appearance in Smash 4, many fans were in rage of his exclusion and Sakurai's reason for not including him. For SSF2 devs, I do believe they have a different philosophy with how they view Ridley, and I feel they will add him due to his outrageous fan demand, importance to the Metroid franchise, and his uniqueness as an airborne focused fighter.

Category 4: New Nintendo Characters from Already Represented Franchises, But From Obscure Titles

These kinds of Nintendo characters are widely requested from already represented franchises, only this time they come from much more obscure titles in Nintendo's history. Geno is one of the most requested characters from the Brawl era, while Skull Kid is one of the most demanded during the Smash 4 era and the most demanded Zelda character during that time. Both of these potential candidates have extremely unique abilities and personality with Skull Kid's dark magic/trickery and Geno's star powers (like the Geno Whirl and Geno Flash). I think these characters having far less importance in their respective franchises could affect their chances in SSF2. But who knows, the only main rule required is to appear at least once in a Nintendo console, so perhaps they could be chosen.

Category 5: New Nintendo Characters from Unrepresented Franchises

These characters are ones from Nintendo franchises that do not have character representation in official Smash games. I believe that the devs will be adding only new unrepresented Nintendo characters that first appeared during the Gameboy Advance/Gamecube era if Isaac and Chibi Robo are any indication.

1. Andy
Right after Isaac's inclusion, I feel Andy's inclusion should follow up. In Brawl and Smash 4, the Wars series did manage to get Assist Trophy representation, but not character representation. Advance Wars was one of Nintendo's major Gameboy Advance hits in the West that received critical acclaim from gaming review sites, and that notability would get SSF2 devs to consider Andy. Andy's abilities of summoning tanks, using tools, and other military weapons would make him an instantly unique addition in Super Smash Flash 2.

2. Ray MK
I thought about Ray MK's inclusion again right after Chibi Robo, as Custom Robo is commonly brought when talking about character representation for less-known Nintendo series . While it did manage to get Assist Trophy Representation in Brawl, in Smash 4, Custom Robo content is notably empty. Custom Robo is well known for its fast-paced robot battling gameplay and its high emphasis on customization. I feel the customization aspect and the many robotic weapons you get from the games would make for a VERY unique character for the SSF2 roster.

Category 6: Shonen Jump and Sandbag

These kinds of characters do not really belong in any other category, so because of that I grouped Shonen Jump and Sandbag into one. The SSF2 devs have already said there would be no more manga characters after Luffy. Sandbag was just a quick pet-project by TSON that does not affect the entire SSF2 roster. Since manga characters are officially done, there is not much left I can say here.

Category 7: Huge Gaming Icons

These characters are huge third-party icons that have a large share of history with Nintendo. With inclusions like Black Mage and Bomberman, it seems like SSF2 is going to have another with adding 3rd parties extremely relevant to Nintendo's history. Coming up with what third-party icons to choose was pretty easy for the most part.

1. Simon Belmont
Castlevania has a large history with Nintendo and the franchise as a whole has sold 20 million units of the games total. The original Castlevania games on the NES are Konami's most well-known classics praised for its dark-fantasy themes and action-based gameplay. With Simon's signature whip and other sub-weapons like the dagger, throwing axe, holy water, and a boomerang, Simon has enough to fill in an entire moveset for devs to play with. This iconic franchise has stage representation in Super Smash Flash 2, so could that indicate his inclusion? I highly believe so.

2. Snake
After Snake made a character appearance in Brawl, he was completely left out in Smash 4, likely due to issues with Konami. While Metal Gear Solid does not have much history with Nintendo, his veteran status and very unique moveset will likely bring him back in Super Smash Flash 2. The inclusion of Shadow Moses Islands also highly indicates his return. I feel that Snake is a lock for Super Smash Flash 2.

3. Ryu
Street Fighter has its fair share of history with Nintendo, with Street Fighter II and creating the fighting genre for video-games. I feel his inclusion was planned in Super Smash Flash 2 in the revamped roster way before Smash 4 included him because of that share of history with Nintendo and his iconic status. He already has a built-in moveset in Smash 4, so all that the SSF2 developers need to do is copy and paste that into sprite form.

4. Cloud
Final Fantasy VII is very well known by gamers to be the point where the giant RPG third-party company left Nintendo to make games for the Playstation, which made Sony the big competitor to Nintendo it is today. His importance and iconic status make me think he was likely planned for the Super Smash Flash 2 roster alongside Ryu. Like Ryu, he already has a moveset made in Smash 4, so SSF2 devs will not have much of a problem adding him into the game.

5. Crash Bandicoot
Although his franchise did fall apart eventually with the absence of Naughty Dog, like Final Fantasy VII, Crash Bandicoot became the mascot for Sony and was the franchise that competed against Super Mario in a similar vein to Sonic. I feel his opposition to Nintendo back in the Playstation 1 days and his fair share of Crash games on Nintendo platforms would make him a pretty likely candidate for SSF2.

6. Rayman
Rayman is considered to be Ubisoft's most iconic franchises to date. Rayman has his fair share of notable titles on Nintendo platforms with Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends that was temporarily exclusive to the Wii U. He even has trophy representation in Smash 4, but does not have character representation at all. Since the Artsy Omni leak, he's been one of the most demanded characters for Smash 4 DLC. I feel that demand will transfer over to SSF2 devs to develop the character. Not to mention, Rayman's limbless body structure and built-in moveset in Rayman Origins would make him an easy character to develop.

Category 8: Gaming Icons with Fair History with Nintendo

These are third party characters who have some relevance to Nintendo's history. Although their games are not as well known as other huge third-party games, they did have their fair share of notability, success, and critical acclaim. Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia is widely regarded to be best Tales that first launched on a Nintendo system. Sora has a fair amount of notable games that first appeared on Nintendo systems like Dream Drop Distance and Chain of Memories.

1. Crono
Chrono Trigger on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System is considered to be the best game of all time by many gamers. And that is no joke, the game is praised for the amazing soundtrack, great story, fleshed out characters, very memorable moments, and simplistic fun gameplay. And I feel that one of a kind universal acclaim for a SNES game would be enough for the developers to add him as an unlockable character in SSF2. He has a nice variety of potential moves to use in Smash with his techniques like Thunder, Cyclone, Wind Slash, and Luminaire (for a final Smash) to fill in an entire moveset.

2. Terra
This is a wild-card pick, and there will be a bit of spoilers for FF6. Like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI is considered to be one of the best games of all time. Many hardcore FF fans consider Final Fantasy VI to be the best Final Fantasy in the franchise. For some, it is considered better than Final Fantasy VII. It is notable in Nintendo's history for being the last main Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system. I believe that notability and critical acclaim is enough for Terra to be consider for Super Smash Flash 2. She has great moveset potential with her Esper form, Magicites, and the wide variety of magic she can learn through out Final Fantasy 6. The only thing she lacks is notable demand, but if less-demanded characters like arguably Black Mage and Chibi Robo could get in, I think Terra could get in.

3. Zero
Megaman X is one of Capcom's most iconic title on the Super Nintendo. The game introduced a new spin to the Mega Man franchise and introduced a highly popular Mega Man character named Zero. Zero would continue making appearances in Mega Man games and have his own line of spinoffs on Nintendo portables on the Gameboy Advance. I feel because of his popularity and notability with Mega Man X, he is a sure inclusion for Super Smash Flash 2.

4. Banjo and Kazooie
Banjo-Kazooie is consider one of the most innovative platformers on the Nintendo 64. After Microsoft acquired Rare, the demand for the franchise to return to Nintendo platforms grew greater as the years went by. This eventually led to extremely high demand for Banjo and Kazooie for Smash 4 after Phil Spencer commented that its certainly possible for them to get included in Smash Brothers. This did not happen of course with obvious right issues, but I feel that demand and history with Nintendo is enough for the devs to include them in Super Smash Flash 2.

Category 9: Sonic Characters

Sonic characters are usually one of the most demanded characters for Super Smash Brothers. The most notably demanded Sonic characters are usually Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow. Tails did manage to get into Super Smash Flash 2. I feel the same will follow for Knuckles and Shadow due to their high demand and unique move set potential. They feel like pretty obvious inclusions.

Potential Runner-Ups:

These are the MANY characters that did not make the cut to my speculation roster, but I do believe they still hold a decent chance of happening. I'll go over all of the runner-ups very quickly.

Smash 4 Newcomers: If there are going to be Smash 4 Nintendo newcomers in the game, I believe that Duck Hunt, Little Mac, Villager, and Shulk will make it due to their extremely unique qualities as Smash fighters that represent notable Nintendo franchises. Robin could be in instead Ike due to Awakening being the most impactful FE game and having the most unique qualities as a FE character, but could easily be replaced with another Fire Emblem character. Which brings me to the next candidate.

Lyn: If any new Fire Emblem characters were to be added in the game, I think Lyn would be next since she is one of the most demanded Fire Emblem characters in Smash. I personally think FE representation in Smash will be kept to two characters, so it's either Robin, Ike, or Lyn that gets in.

Ghirahim and Midna: While these Zelda characters are highly demanded and very unique moveset possibilities, I feel only one Zelda newcomer will be chosen. And the Zelda newcomer chosen will likely be one that is the most demanded, which is Skull Kid.

New Pokemon: I would not be surprised if the devs decided to make their own Pokemon newcomer. I mean there is A LOT of Pokemon in the franchise that have moveset potential. The only reason I kept this vague is because there are SO MANY potential candidates that they could choose its hard to predict who could be chosen.

Retros: If there were any retro newcomers being chosen, I believe that Takamaru, Lip, and Mike Jones have a chance in being chosen. All of them have unique moveset qualities and come from franchises that some people think deserve an official revival by Nintendo like with Kid Icarus. However, I do not think retro characters are one of the focuses with the SSF2 roster with modern Nintendo franchises like Chibi Robo and Isaac seemingly being prioritized over retros and the lack of a retro Nintendo newcomer in the starting roster.

Bayonetta: This one is pretty difficult. On one hand, she is a third party character with a EXTREMELY unique moveset and SSF2 does have a focus on adding third-parties relevant to Nintendo. On the other hand, she's a character that likely has never been prioritized in the revamped roster. It all depends whether or not the devs decide to revamp the roster with Smash 4 newcomers. And if they do decide to revamp it, Bayonetta would likely be a priority.

Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright: These two characters have a large history and success on Nintendo portables. The only reason I don't feel very confident about these two is that they feel like characters that would not be on the SSF2 dev's radar, due to both of these characters not being heavily combat oriented whatsoever.

Indie Characters: If any indie character were to come in Smash Flash 2, I believe that Shantae and Shovel Knight have somewhat of a shot in getting in. Quote moreso not because of the demand, but because of the critical acclaim with Cave Story in a similar manner with Terra and Crono. All of these characters have unique moveset qualities and personalities that would make them stand outs in Super Smash Flash 2. But honestly, I feel indie characters are not much of a priority for the roster due to the indie scene being less notable than third-parties in the gaming industry. I would have included an Undertale character if it were not for the fact that Undertale has not come to a Nintendo platform yet.

Thanks for giving this speculation a read. I put lots of effort into making this list, and sort of rushed it through the end with runner-ups. What are your thoughts on my predictions? I feel like I personally nailed the roster McLeodGaming is aiming for. In general, the SSF2 roster feels like its focused on multiple things, adding third-parties relevant to NIntendo's history, Nintendo characters from Gamecube/Gameboy Advance Era, and adding popular characters from already represented franchises that to some degree share their fair history with Nintendo and their franchise, while adding some flavor with manga characters from Shonen Jump.

Last edited by BluePikmin11R on Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:04 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
You weren't kidding, it is huge. I agree almost totally.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:04 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
I still think Crash is kind of odd, especially if Cloud makes it in - Cloud would even fit the "PlayStation rival" role better than Crash because FFVII more directly played a role in Nintendo's fight against Sony, what with being a sign of stubbornness, backstabbing, and all-around shooting themselves in the foot.

And as for Paper Mario, we already have :mario: . I don't care if his moves will be different, we don't need him twice.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:23 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
I... personally think this would have been better off in the regular Character Speculation thread.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:35 pm

IMO, Paper Mario and Shadow aren't necessary. I also think it would be a missed opportunity to not add a new Pokemon (ex: Sceptile). And no Waluigi?

And 3 Final Fantasy characters is kind of over-kill (even though I love Terra).

I also think that Scorpion would be a better fighting game rep. than Ryu.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:44 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
I put this in a box for the sake of your scroll wheel you are all welcome: show
My thoughts on things, yay!
BluePikmin11R wrote:
Bandanna Dee's

"Bandana" has one N. Don't let the typos tell you otherwise.
Quote:
that would be the entire starting roster for Super Smash Flash 2, which you can see below.

[ Image ]

Sandbag is not a starter. :chibirobo:
Quote:
What I Think The Full SSF2 Roster Will Look Like

[ Image ]

The only character who I do not know in this entire roster is Terra.
That's a good thing. :chibirobo:
And the only real complaint I have is Skull Kid, not because I don't like him or don't see him fitting, I'm just triggered by him for some odd reason. Like Palutena in Smash 4, if you wanna draw a comparison. :chibirobo:
Quote:
1. SSF2 has a set in-game roster and has for some time. That is correct, but Facebook, Twitter and Youtube's comment section love to say otherwise.
2. The newcomer must have starred in a game on a Nintendo console. Correct. Well, for the most part. R.O.B. was never really the star of anything except Brawl. He's just a controller, as popular and era-saving as he is. But he's in Brawl and Smash 4, so he must be doing something right.
3. The newcomer must have made an impact with their games on a Nintendo consoles. I wouldn't consider games like Crash Nitro Kart and StarFox Adventures gamechangers, but they were pretty good, I'll give 'em that.
4. The newcomer must have unique moveset qualities. The one thing that nobody seems to see in Paper Mario. Poor guy.
5. The developers are doing their best to avoid adding clones in the game. Makes me wish Falco got decloned more and makes me wish Ganondorf does get decloned. As cool as they are, clones are still a thing and I ain't fond of them.
6. Is this character doable (think of potential engine limitations for example) The only characters who I seem to be worried about by this logic are Ridley (Mainly because his size would be quite hard to sprite) Ice Climbers and Olimar (Obvious reasoning for those two, with Olimar being the bigger problem.)
7. What new elements and mechanics could the character bring to the table? Again, Paper Mario has a lot of this. But people never really seem to "see" it. I honestly wonder why that is.
8. Does the character stand out theme-wise (design/visuals/personality/body type) Paper Marioooooooooo
9. Popularity is more of a catalyst that makes us examine the above factors for a character. This again confuses me on the fact of who Terra is. Assuming her placement between Black Mage and Cloud she's from Final Fantasy, but I don't know her at all. Maybe I'm just uncultured. :chibirobo:

Notes in bold.
Quote:
Ike in particular could be replaced with another Fire Emblem newcomer that has not been in Smash yet, but I'll get to that when I get to runner ups.

I personally think Robin or Anna would be a much better canidate for a 2nd Fire Emblem character considering their potential, but I can see why people like Ike.
...oops, I said the thing. :chibirobo:
Quote:
Category 2: Brawl Semi-Clones

[ Image ]

Yay, Lucas! :pikachu:
Quote:
Category 3: New Nintendo Characters from Already Represented Franchises

[ Image ]

Only thing I'm concerned about is Krystal and Ridley. Read below.
Quote:
1. King K. Rool
One of the most HIGHLY demanded characters in Smash 4. Making an appearance as a Mii Costume as Smash 4 DLC, I feel like this character will likely be included due to his unique projectile-based abilities (like the crown and cannonballs), his importance to the DKC franchise, and an insane-minded personality that makes him stand out from other characters.

I have literally 0 complaints about King K. Rool. Love the guy, love his character, love him in the TV Show, love how he's like a Crocodile Dedede.
Love the guy. Let's bring him in. :chibirobo:
Quote:
2. Krystal
As one of the most requested Star Fox characters since her debut in Star Fox Adventures, I really believe she could make it due to her uniqueness with the staff. Krystal's staff can summon fire projectiles, ice projections, create earthquakes, make forcefields, and even give her a boost in flight to make her a stand out from other characters.

Krystal I'm kindof "eeehhhhh" on because a series that has only 3 Canonical Games (according to nintendo, them being Star Fox, Star Fox 64 and Star Fox Zero) are the exact same game as one another has the same amount of Characters as TLoZ, according to your roster. But Krystal seems kind of neat in terms of her staff and the only other Star Fox characters are variations of Fox (With Falco being a Semiclone and Wolf being Fox's call to Luigi) so I'll let you enjoy yourself.
Quote:
3. Paper Mario
Although not as requested as K. Rool or Ridley, Paper Mario has been decently requested in Smash 4 and is a somewhat important to the history of Mario spinoffs. It did manage to get stage representation in Smash 4, but not character representation. I feel his unique abilities to take advantage of his paper form and a potential partner system that would make devs add him to the Smash Flash 2 roster.

IIIIIIII neeeeeddddd iiiiitttttttt
The 3 characters I wanted the most in Smash 4 were Bandana Dee (My one true love, voted for him in the Ballot), Paper Mario (there he is) and Rayman (Origins/Legends is amazing) so seeing Paper Mario in as well would be amazing, especially if he's packaged with his Partners.
Quote:
4. Ridley
This was inevitable to add. Since his stage hazard appearance in Smash 4, many fans were in rage of his exclusion and Sakurai's reason for not including him. For SSF2 devs, I do believe they have a different philosophy with how they view Ridley, and I feel they will add him due to his outrageous fan demand, importance to the Metroid franchise, and his uniqueness as an airborne focused fighter.

My problem with Ridley isn't exactly his size, but rather his execution.
Not only is his frame quite big and lanky (Which would make spriting him quite hard, especially considering Ridley's detail) but another reason Sakurai didn't add Ridley to Smash 4 despite all things is because he didn't think Ridley would be able to work without having some form of Infinite Flight (Albeit he did the Koopa Clown Car as well and [to draw a comparison] Cirno from Touhou Hisoutensoku [A Fighting Game spinoff] is also permanently airborne [Unless crouching, in which Cirno lands on the ground]) but I think that the SSFCrew (it's a cute name so I'm calling them that) can pull it off if they try hard enough
So here's hoping that the spriting effort would be worth it for a guy like Riddles :chibirobo:
Quote:
Category 4: New Nintendo Characters from Already Represented Franchises, But From Obscure Titles

[ Image ]

Well, that explains Skull Kid. There's my clarification. Thank you, Mr. Pikmin. :chibirobo:
Quote:
Category 5: New Nintendo Characters from Unrepresented Franchises

[ Image ]

I noticed how 2 of these (Cheebo and Ray) are from the Gamecube and the other two (Isaac and Andy) are from the GBA.
All 4 are from the same era.
That's honestly pretty neat. Albeit I'd be one to assume that someone from the N64 days would join SSF2's cast as well, but that's just my thoughts on that thing.
Quote:
Category 6: Shonen Jump and Sandbag

[ Image ]

I'm not the only one who thinks Sandbag is an Anime Character!
I'm not the only one! Huzzah! :gameandwatch:
Quote:
6. Rayman
Rayman is considered to be Ubisoft's most iconic franchises to date. Rayman has his fair share of notable titles on Nintendo platforms with Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends that was temporarily exclusive to the Wii U. He even has trophy representation in Smash 4, but does not have character representation at all. Since the Artsy Omni leak, he's been one of the most demanded characters for Smash 4 DLC. I feel that demand will transfer over to SSF2 devs to develop the character. Not to mention, Rayman's limbless body structure and built-in moveset in Rayman Origins would make him an easy character to develop.

Same reasoning as Paper Mario, I freaking LOVE this guy. Plus his Origins/Legends moveset is practically built for Smash, the only thing you would have to make up is Special Moves, but even then he has lots of other games where you can get more moves from! It's glorious! :tails:
Quote:
2. Terra
This is a wild-card pick, and there will be a bit of spoilers for FF6. Like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI is considered to be one of the best games of all time. Many hardcore FF fans consider Final Fantasy VI to be the best Final Fantasy in the franchise. For some, it is considered better than Final Fantasy VII. It is notable in Nintendo's history for being the last main Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system. I believe that notability and critical acclaim is enough for Terra to be consider for Super Smash Flash 2. She has great moveset potential with her Esper form, Magicites, and the wide variety of magic she can learn through out Final Fantasy 6. The only thing she lacks is notable demand, but if less-demanded characters like arguably Black Mage and Chibi Robo could get in, I think Terra could get in.

Thank you for the clarification. Albeit I might be considered about Spoilers, but then again Sakurai gave no care at all about Spoilers when it came to Xenoblade Chronicles, so I guess anything's possible. Albeit 3 Final Fantasy characters is a tad much, all things considered... But what do I know? :chibirobo:
Quote:
4. Banjo and Kazooie
Banjo-Kazooie is consider one of the most innovative platformers on the Nintendo 64. After Microsoft acquired Rare, the demand for the franchise to return to Nintendo platforms grew greater as the years went by. This eventually led to extremely high demand for Banjo and Kazooie for Smash 4 after Phil Spencer commented that its certainly possible for them to get included in Smash Brothers. This did not happen of course with obvious right issues, but I feel that demand and history with Nintendo is enough for the devs to include them in Super Smash Flash 2.

BEARS! :tails:
...i'm sorry :chibirobo:
Quote:
Potential Runner-Ups:

[ Image ]

No Anna?
Robin, Lyn, but no Anna?
I know that she isn't exactly popular, but she's probably the most occuring Fire Emblem Character (Showing up even more than Marth, iirc) and her role as a Merchant means that she has access to a lot more than just a Sword (She could use literally everything, from Swords to Tomes to Bow n' Arrows to Cannons to Axes to Lances and all that good stuff, she could be a jack of all trades and a master of money :chibirobo: )
Alright then. I might just be the one of the only ones who sees potential in her, I guess. :chibirobo:
Quote:
Smash 4 Newcomers: If there are going to be Smash 4 Nintendo newcomers in the game, I believe that Duck Hunt, Little Mac, Villager, and Shulk will make it due to their extremely unique qualities as Smash fighters that represent notable Nintendo franchises. Robin could be in instead Ike due to Awakening being the most impactful FE game and having the most unique qualities as a FE character, but could easily be replaced with another Fire Emblem character. Which brings me to the next candidate.

Little Mac and Villager I can see happening mainly because of Brawl. Mac was an Assist and people really liked him (In the same boat as Isaac) and Villager was planned to be playable but just couldn't work (In the same boat as PAC-MAN)
Everyone else is kinda eh, but you never know. :chibirobo:
Quote:
Indie Characters: If any indie character were to come in Smash Flash 2, I believe that Shantae and Shovel Knight have somewhat of a shot in getting in. Quote moreso not because of the demand, but because of the critical acclaim with Cave Story in a similar manner with Terra and Crono. All of these characters have unique moveset qualities and personalities that would make them stand outs in Super Smash Flash 2. But honestly, I feel indie characters are not much of a priority for the roster due to the indie scene being less notable than third-parties in the gaming industry. I would have included an Undertale character if it were not for the fact that Undertale has not come to a Nintendo platform yet.

Shantae or Shovel Knight would definitely be neat. I never played Cave Story so I don't have much of an opinion on Quote, though. :chibirobo:
Quote:
Thanks for giving this speculation a read.

You're welcome! :chibirobo:
Quote:
I put lots of effort into making this list, and sort of rushed it through the end with runner-ups.

I guess that explains the lack of Anna
ok i shouldn't say that, this ain't my list
i'm sorry :blackmage:

Quote:
What are your thoughts on my predictions?

Open the box and I will fill you in. :chibirobo:

Last edited by Bedoop on Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:22 pm

MGN Username: blackking1700
I think for a final roster, it's alright. I think there are too many 3rd Parties. I personally believe the theory that each third-party franchise will get 2 reps in the final version, and then maybe more as DLC. I Think the lack of retro reps in the starting roster is most likely because they wanted to save them as unlockable's in the final version.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:32 pm

blackking1700 wrote:
I think for a final roster, it's alright. I think there are too many 3rd Parties. I personally believe the theory that each third-party franchise will get 2 reps in the final version, and then maybe more as DLC. I Think the lack of retro reps in the starting roster is most likely because they wanted to save them as unlockable's in the final version.

If Snake and Simon Belmont get in, then there will be three Koonami reps.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:39 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2
I will answer your questions and some of your responses tomorrow, but in the meantime. Feel free to give an opinion if you have not, I'd love to know yours~

:mrgreen:

Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:41 pm

0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
blackking1700 wrote:

I think we're only getting Snake. People say that Simon Belmont is almost a guarantee because he's got a stage, but the devs stated that they only added the stage because they liked PM's stage. Not to mention that adding Simon Belmont kinda kills BluePikmin's statement(wether it's something the devs actually said or something he's speculating), "5. The developers are doing their best to avoid adding clones in the game." Last I checked, ZSS uses a whip for all but 2 of her moves essentially making Simon no longer unique(and yes the same can be said for Krystal and her staff) and making him a Semi-Clone at the least, which is exactly what he stated the Devs are avoiding. There I just put up a whole list of reasons why I think Simon Belmont WILL NOT happen.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:14 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
blackking1700 wrote:

Wait, 3?
Who's the first?
Bomberman?
He's HUDSON.
Yes, they're being held hostage owned by Konami now, but
He's a member of the Bumblebee Company. :chibirobo:

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:20 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
blackking1700 wrote:
Last I checked, ZSS uses a whip for all but 2 of her moves essentially making Simon no longer unique(and yes the same can be said for Krystal and her staff) and making him a Semi-Clone at the least, which is exactly what he stated the Devs are avoiding. There I just put up a whole list of reasons why I think Simon Belmont WILL NOT happen.

Guess we'd better take out :lloyd: , then, since he's yet another sword user. And :isaac: , since :blackmage: already uses magic spells.

Besides. Even though I don't even like the Castlevania series, even a pleb like me knows that even in the NES games Simon has a lot more weapons at his disposal than just his whip.

Sorry if I'm being condescending, but "x will just be a clone" is probably the least possible convincing argument against a character's inclusion, and I'm getting really sick of hearing it after having to put up with it all throughout the Sm4sh speculation days. And I'm certain I'm not the only one. Try again.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:22 pm

blackking1700 wrote:
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
blackking1700 wrote:

I think we're only getting Snake. People say that Simon Belmont is almost a guarantee because he's got a stage, but the devs stated that they only added the stage because they liked PM's stage. Not to mention that adding Simon Belmont kinda kills BluePikmin's statement(wether it's something the devs actually said or something he's speculating), "5. The developers are doing their best to avoid adding clones in the game." Last I checked, ZSS uses a whip for all but 2 of her moves essentially making Simon no longer unique(and yes the same can be said for Krystal and her staff) and making him a Semi-Clone at the least, which is exactly what he stated the Devs are avoiding. There I just put up a whole list of reasons why I think Simon Belmont WILL NOT happen.

I disagree and I really think you're undermining Simon's chances. Also, calling him a clone of ZSS honestly shows how little you know of the character, and by that same logic Marth and Lloyd are clones. They have similar moves. There are plenty of things that Simon could do. Holy water, axes, etc...

Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:01 pm

No I don't know much about the character, but honestly nothing about the character(that I've heard from the community) actually sparks uniqueness . There have been other characters in the smash series with healing mechanics(WIi Fit Trainer), a good majority of the roster has projectiles(BD throws his spear and, yes ZSS has a projectile as well), and his(from what I've heard) main weapon is a Whip which another character already has, and unlike swords, there are even less ways to swing a whip. Marth and Lloyd aren't clones because unlike a whip, there are several different types of sword fighting, not to mention the powers and mythology behind each different character with a sword(Sora's Disney friendship power and Ike's Aether abilities). Sadly the same thing doesn't exist dor whips. My argument is that nothing I've heard about the character or his potential moveset brings anything original to the game, and that contradicts his 5th point, that's all I'm saying. I'm not talking away the fact that he's not possible and I would be fine with his inclusion, however I don't believe it will happen and I'm probably the only one who thinks so.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:48 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Pokemon Uranium, RPG's
Bedoop wrote:
I know that she isn't exactly popular, but she's probably the most occuring Fire Emblem Character (Showing up even more than Marth, iirc) and her role as a Merchant means that she has access to a lot more than just a Sword (She could use literally everything, from Swords to Tomes to Bow n' Arrows to Cannons to Axes to Lances and all that good stuff, she could be a jack of all trades and a master of money :chibirobo: )
Alright then. I might just be the one of the only ones who sees potential in her, I guess. :chibirobo:

Nah fam, I'm with you on this one. Anna is one of the characters I'd like to see in a Smash game due to her recurring role in the series and huge arsenal potential, but since she's not a greatly 'acclaimed' character choice from the Fire Emblem series, like Lyn, Robin, and/or Ike are, I doubt her inclusion. Still possible though.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:38 pm
 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next