The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:02 pm

[ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
Tails 

That is what I am saying, I don't think he is bad. I am trying to deny that fact before people keep saying he is terrible now.

Like his up throw works good. But I am not a competitive player. So I assumed that GM was right.

But I am not complaining though :)

EDIT: I just was scared that when the best Tails player says something it is so. But I felt like Tails was easier to play because he used to be hard to play.

If I may ask TSON can you play Tails like a regular character now without having to spam moves?

Credit to Sachamel and Saikyoshi for the pic.

Beginner alert :p Learning how to play Tails

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:42 am

Location: ...Beneath the high tide centrifuse covered and hidden under the bermuda complex
Currently Playing: with my ****
[TSON] wrote:
SWD is still in and now scales with charge.... and a bunch of other stuff. There were actually very few nerfs for Tails.

Uthrow ends in the air now, buff.
UpB is useful, buff.
Aerial jumps are higher, buff.
Nspec hits once but still does major shield damage, nerf.

What's the big issue?

TSON have you played tails in either demos..... really?

GM

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:47 am

See now I am confused...

But I am fine with whatever you did. So please don't think "The Tails players are being stupid". I am just...a newbie

EDIT: Nevermind

Last edited by TailsCopter on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:48 am
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
GreaterMaelstrom wrote:
[TSON] wrote:
SWD is still in and now scales with charge.... and a bunch of other stuff. There were actually very few nerfs for Tails.

UpB is useful, buff.

What's the big issue?

Yes. Obviously physics changes have switched things up a bit but it shouldn't have had a massive effect. If you want me to make changes for the patch you're going to have to elaborate.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:03 am

Location: ...Beneath the high tide centrifuse covered and hidden under the bermuda complex
[TSON] wrote:
GreaterMaelstrom wrote:
[TSON] wrote:

UpB is useful, buff.

What's the big issue?

Yes. Obviously physics changes have switched things up a bit but it shouldn't have had a massive effect. If you want me to make changes for the patch you're going to have to elaborate.

well he has a lot of weird changes but his Dspecial travels slow and doesn't have the multifunctional cancels he did prior demo, y'know all the things that actually made tails "viable" last demo... overall his comboing is a little gimped but the biggest contributor is his Fair His Fair has a weird endlag now, you can only do FAir once per jump, other aerials besides NAir(which gets ground canceled) can't be done either so he's punishable after doing FAir.

^I mean that's about It for serious changes, although his knockback scaling changed significantly overall negatively which isn't a big deal...

GM

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:23 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
And his Dair feels a little weirder without that little boost he used to get after landing one. And I feel like Dair doesn't KO as well as it used to.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:41 am

Sorabotics wrote:
And his Dair feels a little weirder without that little boost he used to get after landing one. And I feel like Dair doesn't KO as well as it used to.

It doesn't... tails had quite a few changes.

GM

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:47 am

MGN Username: Masaomi
Sorabotics wrote:

it's not a good kill move anymore which sucks
his bair is though

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:52 am

Masaomi wrote:
Sorabotics wrote:

it's not a good kill move anymore which sucks
his bair is though

it's allways been a kill move but It was never really "good" because of the startup + Hitboxes but Bair is untouched. I'm cool with the Dair nerf though, I was actually speculating to myself that tails might get a sourspot on Dair for 0.9b

I also have a problem with Dspecial being able to K.O. at like 200%... that's weird af

GM

Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:02 pm

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
I haven't been able to play with a controller yet since I'm not at home. But within the first few minutes of keyboard play I'm not having too much trouble using the new Tails.

I agree with Sora about the dair. The loss of kb [u]and[u] the bouncing effect makes dair a really awkward attack.

Although I'll miss the spindash chaining, I find the kb quite welcome since I lost meteor smashing.

All the other stuff I need my controller for but as I use him now, I haven't really suffered with these changes, they're just different for me. I wasn't paying close attention but was casting the neutral special sped up? I used to try to try to chain with it but it was too slow in 9a. I'll need a controller to test actual combos though.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:03 pm

It seems you can use Tails' spindash to unleash a KO at some percentages.

It is weird how I feel. I like this new Tails but then people are saying it isn't good. But I definitely like the comfort.

If anyone finds anything new can you post It here? I believe this Tails can be used good just in a different way if you work hard.

Edit: Also a lot of top tier characters got nerfed so maybe in the grand scheme of things this might work. Of course I am saying this under the assumption that some of his flaws won't be fixed in a patch. If he is fixed then ignore what I say xD

Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:30 am

I'm a brand new player of SSF2, so I don't actually have much insight regarding previous versions. I suppose I'll try to contribute anyway but take my input with a grain of salt.

For now, I'm absolutely loving his mobility: changing directions in mid-air with side-b or even down-b, horizontal momentum with bair, multiple double jumps, and I'm sure you can use the neutral-b momentum somehow in mixups.

Aerials are fun to use, with fair and uair being favorites. Dair being a meteor/spike is definitely satisfying (although it requires a bit of skill to actually land it) and bair has good KO power. Not much love for nair though, but you can probably use it in SHFFLs (well... just SHFFs here) at low %s to approach.

I find his smashes pretty subpar though. Rarely ever finding myself using them, especially when utilt has a better reach than usmash. Fsmash seems kinda short to me. Haven't explored dsmash much but the lag is discouraging.

Dtilt is a good for combo initiating. I often find myself doing 1 hit with side-b, dtilt, then whatever aerial fits the best. Utilt? Most of the time I prefer uair-ing, but it can be used I guess. Ftilt I can't actually use in a practical way because of my controller setup but it does have some knockback power. I'm more keen on using Dtilt, short hop, fair to achieve more or less similar results as the ftilt.

Projectile neutral-b, I have to learn how to actually use it in a match, but you can shoot towards your opponent and dash aggressively into the ball to approach I suppose. Aerial neutral-b could be cool for edgeguarding towards below.

Down-b is meh, but I could find myself using it in mixups. I've heard it got nerfed, so oh well. :(

I have yet to try anything against actual players though, and my knowledge of the SSF2 roster's abilities is pretty low, so I don't actually know how Tails would fare in matchups. But I'm sort of counting on his mobility for "mindgames" in future online play, we'll see how it goes.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:11 am

^

That is some good insight thanks! I am new to SSF2 also so I am just going to take it how it is. If you would like to play online one time PM me since we are about the same skill.

I am just going to copy and paste your words into a word document if you don't mind.... I am trying to learn how to play him as my main.

Edit: BTW you are right about his smash attacks. They are weak. His dwn smash is good and his best kill option on the ground but the lag is its worse enemy.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:15 am
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Short hop downB -> jump off of the ground, release in the first two frames = wavedash

just so y'all know about ssf2 technology

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:26 am

[TSON] wrote:
Short hop downB -> jump off of the ground, release in the first two frames = wavedash

just so y'all know about ssf2 technology

Thanks! How do I know when it is the first two frames?

I appreciate it very much

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:27 am
 [ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next