The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:45 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Fallout 4 

LilMac wrote:
Better than new vegas.

You can ask most people here, and they'll tell you that New Vegas is the best 3D Fallout. Like, I don't even know what's going on with this post lol

Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:20 am

Waifu: zero suit wario
in my opinion graphics are extremelly important for videogames, mostly because it shows the amount of effort game developers put into their products, regardless of the console's limitations.
Which is why modern "lifelike" games like Fallout 4's fail to have good graphics because they look completely lazy by today's standars.
I've never cared about the franchise at all but I had to bring this up

Last edited by Kirb-Star on Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:23 am

Currently Playing: Who cares
PioneerPeaco-ck wrote:
in my opinion graphics are extremelly important for videogames, mostly because it shows the amount of effort game developers put into their products, regardless of the console.
Which is why modern "lifelike" games like Fallout 4's fail to have good graphics because they look completely lazy by today's standars.

If they weren't so loyal to a dead engine it would look better, but with that said Fallout 4 looks good to me. I don't know if I have low standards, but the graphics aren't really worth bashing on as much as people do. s***'s pretty.

Friend Code (3DS) : 1263-5540-1869

Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:35 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
PioneerPeaco-ck wrote:
in my opinion graphics are extremelly important for videogames, mostly because it shows the amount of effort game developers put into their products, regardless of the console.
toppest lol

Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:40 am

Kimihro wrote:
PioneerPeaco-ck wrote:

If they weren't so loyal to a dead engine it would look better, but with that said Fallout 4 looks good to me. I don't know if I have low standards, but the graphics aren't really worth bashing on as much as people do. s***'s pretty.

Its really because, we're used to seeing fallout as s*** graphics with a good storyline.
Having fallout look this good and people still complain actually grinds my gears.
But everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if they have no clue wtf they are talking about. (This is not directed toward any of you. Dont bash me plz.)

Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:12 pm

LilMac real talk stop giving f*** about what random people say to you and about you online. No one matters.

I forgot to add that there are a ton of games that have stunning visuals but s*** everything else. When something doesn't meet the graphical standard yeah it's noticeable, but because so many things do it's starting to matter less and less. Lifelike or not, people will play it and enjoy it and if the makers truly care they won't give up the game's identity for simple aesthetics.

...right?

Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:38 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
I really only have like 10 hours in it right now but there are some pretty glaring flaws. The biggest one is the over simplification and dumbing down, even more than 3 already was. Removing skill points????? Nice cool good job. Radiation just removes total health?? Why does it not still lower stats with Rad sickness? You get power armor and fight a death claw in the first 20 minutes of the game. Zero buildup to either. Voiced protagonist is annoying and shouldn't speak outside dialoge.

Things I like: weapon mods are pretty dope and make junk not useless anymore. I like the town building as far as ive done it but the lack of different premade structures is disappointing. Sneaking/stealth is improved over the previous games.

AMA

Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:31 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Sekiro, Persona 4
Waifu: That’s right. PS4.
LilMac wrote:
Does the music really matter? I dont pay attention to stuff like that.

ok dude u may not but other people (MOST other people) do. just because stuff like the BGM and graphics don't matter to you doesn't mean that they aren't legitimate criticisms that people can bring up against the game

i haven't played fallout 4 yet and i'm not particularly looking forward to (and definitely don't want to shell out 60 bucks for it) so i'll wait for the price to drop or one of my friends to let me play it at their house or something

Blue wrote:
lol Cry more, Terminex. f*** f**. lolololololol What a b****.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:44 pm

LilMac wrote:
I just cant believe that bethesda stepped their game up by 10, and people still complain. Back in the olden times, 8 bit graphics were next gen, now we complain lifelike graphics aren't good enough. We're spoiled gamer brats. We've become so used to good graphics,a good game with normal graphics is s***. Just enjoy the game you deem s***. Ignore the graphics.

We play a pixelated version of smash bros.
I've never heard a word of complaint. Why?
Because this is a fun classic. You ignore the fact that it doesn't have Wii U or at least Brawl (f*** brawl and its tripping s***) capabilities.
Some of you dont even care that it's sprited. Yet this a PC. It "supports anything".
You play SSF2 because you like it. What do you do if you don't like a game? You stop playing it.
So if Fallout 4 has so many bugs (both ways(radroaches EVERYWHERE)) Stop playing. You can definitely rant and complain to receive input on your ranting, but it gets old. Fast. Just chill. I made this thread to talk about Fallout 4, not continually bash it. You can voice that you don't like it. That is 100% ok. But stop doing it repetitively. It gets annoying that a fun game's flaws get pointed out in front of you. And before you go " Oh this will be for people who want to buy the game so they will see that it sucks" GameStop has a review section. Post your 1 star rating there. Like I said the past 2 times. You can complain and rant. But do it in 1 post please. You're flooding it with sections on why you hate it. Do it in all 1 big post, so I dont have to constantly see it. Thank you.

and @PioneerPeadick
Wait for mods n****. You won't have to hear that s*** ever again.

holy f*** s***

how much are bethesda paying you lmao

this is a forum. it exists for discussion

people are allowed to like things you don't like. people are allowed to not like things that you like. people are allowed to say things about video games. they're allowed to say what they want about them and they're allowed to say them as much as they'd like to about them, no matter how much you b**** and moan abo- oh
LilMac wrote:
Just chill. I made this thread to talk about Fallout 4, not continually bash it. You can voice that you don't like it. That is 100% ok. But stop doing it repetitively.

excuse me? are you a moderator? do you think you actually get to decide what people can and can't say just because you were the one who made this topic? holy s*** hahaha

do yourself a favour, kid. go find some bethesda fan forum or whatever. plenty of people there will suck the game's dick along with you

but if you want to be here, stop acting personally attacked because people don't like a game you like. it makes you look like a f*** 12 year old

Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:57 pm

TOWK wrote:
I really only have like 10 hours in it right now but there are some pretty glaring flaws. The biggest one is the over simplification and dumbing down, even more than 3 already was. Removing skill points????? Nice cool good job. Radiation just removes total health?? Why does it not still lower stats with Rad sickness? You get power armor and fight a death claw in the first 20 minutes of the game. Zero buildup to either. Voiced protagonist is annoying and shouldn't speak outside dialogue.

Yeah sequels to big games tend to be dumbed down, especially when a company is expecting their latest entry into a series to be the first game from that series people play. Remember how miffed people were when Fallout 3 was revealed as a first person shooter?
Fire Emblem Awakening did it too, streamlined a lot of things and made it so the most severe of retards could kill brainless baddies and ship themselves with any waifu they desired with ease.

I feel you on the voiced protagonist, too. When they do s*** like that, especially with the s*** dialogue system your character ends up being un-you (or un-them if you're trying to roleplay). The deathclaw thing... one question. If a deathclaw in an earlier mission, then what takes its place as a super-dangerous enemy? Because if there is something to fill a Deathclaw's role then it's understandable why they would make put iconic enemy in the series in the state they did. That way there would be buildup to something else!

Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:17 pm

Kimihro wrote:
When they do s*** like that, especially with the s*** dialogue system your character ends up being un-you (or un-them if you're trying to roleplay).

this is a complaint i don't really get

fallout 3 wasn't very good at letting you roleplay either. it took you through your entire life at the beginning of the game

like i get that the voiced protagonist and only having four options at a time feels limiting but the last fallout game bethesda made literally started from when you were born

they've never given you much choice in who your character is

Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:30 pm

Well you're not wrong...

But now you just have even less of a choice.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:31 pm

kb wrote:
LilMac wrote:
I just cant believe that bethesda stepped their game up by 10, and people still complain. Back in the olden times, 8 bit graphics were next gen, now we complain lifelike graphics aren't good enough. We're spoiled gamer brats. We've become so used to good graphics,a good game with normal graphics is s***. Just enjoy the game you deem s***. Ignore the graphics.

We play a pixelated version of smash bros.
I've never heard a word of complaint. Why?
Because this is a fun classic. You ignore the fact that it doesn't have Wii U or at least Brawl (f*** brawl and its tripping s***) capabilities.
Some of you dont even care that it's sprited. Yet this a PC. It "supports anything".
You play SSF2 because you like it. What do you do if you don't like a game? You stop playing it.
So if Fallout 4 has so many bugs (both ways(radroaches EVERYWHERE)) Stop playing. You can definitely rant and complain to receive input on your ranting, but it gets old. Fast. Just chill. I made this thread to talk about Fallout 4, not continually bash it. You can voice that you don't like it. That is 100% ok. But stop doing it repetitively. It gets annoying that a fun game's flaws get pointed out in front of you. And before you go " Oh this will be for people who want to buy the game so they will see that it sucks" GameStop has a review section. Post your 1 star rating there. Like I said the past 2 times. You can complain and rant. But do it in 1 post please. You're flooding it with sections on why you hate it. Do it in all 1 big post, so I dont have to constantly see it. Thank you.

and @PioneerPeadick
Wait for mods n****. You won't have to hear that s*** ever again.

holy f*** s***

how much are bethesda paying you lmao

this is a forum. it exists for discussion

people are allowed to like things you don't like. people are allowed to not like things that you like. people are allowed to say things about video games. they're allowed to say what they want about them and they're allowed to say them as much as they'd like to about them, no matter how much you b**** and moan abo- oh
LilMac wrote:
Just chill. I made this thread to talk about Fallout 4, not continually bash it. You can voice that you don't like it. That is 100% ok. But stop doing it repetitively.

excuse me? are you a moderator? do you think you actually get to decide what people can and can't say just because you were the one who made this topic? holy s*** hahaha

do yourself a favour, kid. go find some bethesda fan forum or whatever. plenty of people there will suck the game's dick along with you

but if you want to be here, stop acting personally attacked because people don't like a game you like. it makes you look like a f*** 12 year old

Personally, you are a dick. You and me are the reasons why these forums are cancer.
You sound like those people who argue on Youtube about useless s***. Like YOU said yourself, anyone can voice their opinion. I did just that. So do me favor will you?

1.Shut the f*** up
2. Leave.

That simple, every comment you make brings this thread closer to being locked. And so help me GOD if you get this s*** locked.
I don't understand how I'm a kid, but you obviously have the vocabulary of a 5 year old. You don't even type correctly. :xd:
Check yourself before checking others. You always tell me that, right? I fell in love with the series. I'm voicing my opinion, arguing points and defending it. Why? I love it. That's why. And you feel the need to demote me. I just hope you can come to your senses and stop acting as if you must tell me what I need and need not do. That's what moderators are for. Stay in your lane. I made a suggestion. Not a command.

Or as I would normally say: U can fuc off m8.
kb wrote:
Kimihro wrote:
When they do s*** like that, especially with the s*** dialogue system your character ends up being un-you (or un-them if you're trying to roleplay).

this is a complaint i don't really get

fallout 3 wasn't very good at letting you roleplay either. it took you through your entire life at the beginning of the game

like i get that the voiced protagonist and only having four options at a time feels limiting but the last fallout game bethesda made literally started from when you were born

they've never given you much choice in who your character is
And rather roam through the wastes as a kid killing grown human beings. Awight. Wudever u say budbud.

Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:35 am

TOWK wrote:
I really only have like 10 hours in it right now but there are some pretty glaring flaws. The biggest one is the over simplification and dumbing down, even more than 3 already was. Removing skill points????? Nice cool good job. Radiation just removes total health?? Why does it not still lower stats with Rad sickness? You get power armor and fight a death claw in the first 20 minutes of the game. Zero buildup to either. Voiced protagonist is annoying and shouldn't speak outside dialoge.

Things I like: weapon mods are pretty dope and make junk not useless anymore. I like the town building as far as ive done it but the lack of different premade structures is disappointing. Sneaking/stealth is improved over the previous games.

Are you talking about when the character talks outward?
Ex: You have no bobby pins. Character: Damn, no bobby pins.

I though that was a nice touch. Also pretty pissed they don't have my name.
Bethesda, You recorded 924 names. You include the wildest of names. But you don't have Andre? Coomon. They have vulgar names too. So I was like oh since this is a Bethesda game, they would have prerecorded Dragonborn? No Dragonborn. I just went with Orgasmo Baggins.

Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:42 am

LilMac wrote:
Personally, you are a dick. You and me are the reasons why these forums are cancer.
You sound like those people who argue on Youtube about useless s***. Like YOU said yourself, anyone can voice their opinion. I did just that. So do me favor will you?

1.Shut the f*** up
2. Leave.

That simple, every comment you make brings this thread closer to being locked. And so help me GOD if you get this s*** locked.
I don't understand how I'm a kid, but you obviously have the vocabulary of a 5 year old. You don't even type correctly. :xd:
Check yourself before checking others. You always tell me that, right? I fell in love with the series. I'm voicing my opinion, arguing points and defending it. Why? I love it. That's why. And you feel the need to demote me. I just hope you can come to your senses and stop acting as if you must tell me what I need and need not do. That's what moderators are for. Stay in your lane. I made a suggestion. Not a command.

Or as I would normally say: U can fuc off m8.

i've never seen anyone type so much and say so little

of course i'm going to laugh at you, you're a retarded fanboy and you need to take bethesda's dick out of your a**

you're constantly going "DON'T TALK s*** ABOUT MUH FALLOUT" whenever anyone says anything you don't like. it's ridiculous. you don't need to respond to every single post

actually, here's a challenge: don't reply to this post. ignore me. prove you actually can.

Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:37 am
 [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next