The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:56 pm

[ 14 posts ] 
Avengers: Endgame 

Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald, Leauge Of Legends
Waifu: Rera (SSVI)
Who cried when Tony Stark sacrificed himself to kill Thanos and his entire army using the Infinity Gauntlet on his Iron Man armor?

YouTube Video:

Last edited by Broly on Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:23 pm

MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, SIFAS
Waifu: Hanamaru Kunikida
at least put a spoiler tag >:ooooo

Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:54 pm
YIM WWW
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
I definitely felt like the sacrifice of Iron Man worked very well in the film, however Captain America's ending felt incredibly out of character and did the character a massive injustice.

Also, Black Widow's death was one of the best scenes in the film. Excellent parallel to Gamora's death in Infinity War.

The film itself is good, however, the plot definitely did get pretty messy at times and you can read my spoiler tag above for my other thoughts on the ending.

Definitely a top 10 MCU film, but I'm honestly not sure if it breaks into the Top 5 or hovers around the border of Top 5. I think I definitely liked Infinity War much better.

9/10

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:11 am

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
TSF.Strife wrote:
Captain America's ending felt incredibly out of character and did the character a massive injustice.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought this. With Tony gone, the Avengers needed Cap more than ever. Instead he abandoned them and his duties as an Avenger himself. It's pretty much my biggest problem with the film.

A small gripe is that 2014 Thanos felt too mustache twirlingly evil like the comics instead of the Well Intentioned Extremist he was in IW. Hell I think he said he wanted to destroy the universe and make it in his image instead of balancing it, which is completely contradictory to his IW ideals.

Another problem was how incredibly underutilized Captain Marvel was. So you got an Avenger that can take on Thanos? Just leave her out of the entire goddamn movie except a couple of minutes in the beginning and ending! You could have had Thanos trying to surprise attack before the dusted people were revived and had Captain Marvel hold Thanos off till Cap and the other surviving Avengers get there. Then have the Black Order tip the scales toward Thanos again. Then finally have the revived people join in to turn the tables once and for all. Now that would be a climax!

That said though, it was an absolutely phenomenal movie that really managed to put a closing chapter on the massive story throughout the MCU. Some of my favorite parts were the time traveling which was a great way to callback on all the other MCU movies, the climax we got, which really isn't any less than what I mentioned above and one of the most amazing movie superhero battles ever and Tony's death which might be the most heartwrenching scene I've ever seen in any movie. It really felt like a part of me died.

10/10 from me. The problems are mostly negligible compared to the sheer epicness.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:01 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald, Leauge Of Legends
TSF.Strife wrote:
I definitely felt like the sacrifice of Iron Man worked very well in the film, however Captain America's ending felt incredibly out of character and did the character a massive injustice.

I think so too, Strife. Sorry for all those arguements I got you into. Well, at least we know how Falcon became U.S. Agent, huh?

YouTube Video:

Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:07 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
PLEASE PUT A SPOILER TAG IN THE OPENING POST

Sonario wrote:
A small gripe is that 2014 Thanos felt too mustache twirlingly evil like the comics instead of the Well Intentioned Extremist he was in IW. Hell I think he said he wanted to destroy the universe and make it in his image instead of balancing it, which is completely contradictory to his IW ideals.

Another problem was how incredibly underutilized Captain Marvel was. So you got an Avenger that can take on Thanos? Just leave her out of the entire goddamn movie except a couple of minutes in the beginning and ending! You could have had Thanos trying to surprise attack before the dusted people were revived and had Captain Marvel hold Thanos off till Cap and the other surviving Avengers get there. Then have the Black Order tip the scales toward Thanos again. Then finally have the revived people join in to turn the tables once and for all. Now that would be a climax!

1. Thanos' outlook changed as he realised what the flaw in his plan was. He realised that balancing the universe means nothing if people cannot move on and still remember what it was they lost. His goal remains the same in a way, however his aim turns from "killing half of the universe so the other half can thrive" to "destroy and remake the universe so that everybody can live in a perfect universe". He also got considerably more moustache twirly in Endgame because the Avengers made it personal, and now he actually had a quarrel with the Avengers for jumping his future self and killing him.
2. Captain Marvel was used just the right amount and was away most of the time for good reasons. It would have been very easy for Captain Marvel to be this really overpowered character who wins everything, but honestly, she was only there to take on Thanos at the end. I thought Captain Marvel was used perfectly in that film.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:45 am

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
TSF.Strife wrote:
PLEASE PUT A SPOILER TAG IN THE OPENING POST

Sonario wrote:

1. Thanos' outlook changed as he realised what the flaw in his plan was. He realised that balancing the universe means nothing if people cannot move on and still remember what it was they lost. His goal remains the same in a way, however his aim turns from "killing half of the universe so the other half can thrive" to "destroy and remake the universe so that everybody can live in a perfect universe". He also got considerably more moustache twirly in Endgame because the Avengers made it personal, and now he actually had a quarrel with the Avengers for jumping his future self and killing him.
2. Captain Marvel was used just the right amount and was away most of the time for good reasons. It would have been very easy for Captain Marvel to be this really overpowered character who wins everything, but honestly, she was only there to take on Thanos at the end. I thought Captain Marvel was used perfectly in that film.

I agree with the first point, but I saw somewhere that a possible cause of his personality change was because Gamora and Nebula didn't leave him, making him far less regretful of his actions. Present Thanos probably reevaluated his decisions after they left and had a bit of a change of heart, becoming more humble and well intentioned rather than a plain old megalomaniac. 2014 Thanos never had these changes and remained the monster he is because his daughters didn't seem to mind enough to leave.

[spoiler]Thanos didn't really seem to mind too much when he saw himself die. It only got personal when he saw that the Avengers started undoing his plan. While IW Thanos retired and destroyed the stones after his mission, I doubt 2014 Thanos would do the same. He wants the praise and gratitude of the balanced people, not the balance itself. So if he destroyed half the people and saw that they weren't showering him in praise, he'd either force them to be grateful by threatening them or ruling over them or he'd just do what he tried to do in Endgame and create a universe in his own image.

As for Captain Marvel, I say an OP powerhouse who can fight Thanos while also being central to the plot and being an actual character would be better than a living Deus Ex Machina that shows up, fights for a bit and leaves in a minute. She's basically there just to provide a couple of cool scenes, that's it. The movie would practically be the same without her. Thor could have fought and killed Retired Thanos himself and she didn't really do much against 2014 Thanos other than showing up, being stronger than Thanos for a few seconds and getting swatted ike a fly because Thanos is smarter. Her only real contributions were saving the two trapped in space (which I'm fine with) and blowing up the ship to turn the tides (A Deus Ex Machina). Even without the fighting, some verbal interaction would have been nice.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:21 am

Tony Stark: *sacrifices himself to kill Thanos*

King K. Rool: :cry: That's the most beautiful thing I've ever saw. It warms the [c o c k l e s] of my cold, cold, COLD blooded heart! :cry:

YouTube Video:

Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:56 pm

It hurts like hell to watch RDJ is no more in the end game!

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:53 am

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
it's sad to think this might be the last decent-good Marvel movie.
considering Tom Holland and other people, I have no hope

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:30 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
???????????????
Man, you're stating a lot of your opinions as facts

Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:57 pm

we're in the internet, that happens everytime
that aside the fact that some time mumbo jumbo paradox stuffs was changed just to suit for the plot of this movie was kinda annoying, which HISHE pointed out the flaws on, and thanos being even more plot armored even without the gauntlet was kinda stupid. RDJ's acting was really strong on this one though, and really left a great end for Iron Man.

*sniff*

Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:22 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
Wow, it's almost like they point out how Time Travel works in this movie via Multiverse theory, aka in simpler terms, you can't change the past but rather create new timelines that you won't affect your own.
Also, i love how you pull out internet parodies to make stronger points for your argument, might as well bring out how thanos should have won based on a Dorkly parody or something lol

Also "plot armoured"? Since when was the villain supposed to be completely vulnerable during the final fight. You know how anticlimatic it would have been if Thanos was just killed randomly during the final fight without any fanfare or anything.

If it feels like I'm pulling out arguments out of nowhere, then that's because I am, your points are super vague like, what does plot armor even have to do with anything??? If you're gonna diss the movie at least put some effort into said diss lmao

Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:05 am

plot armoured a.k.a where so much people had the ability to kill him suddenly just doesn't do it e.g scarlet, captain marvel, thor, doc, and a lot more, that's the armour i'm talking about.
i'm not really trying to diss the movie or anything lol, i liked it as both as a standalone and to be an end to an arc/phase whatever you call it.

the other real flaw is the fact that war machine doesn't even have screentime on his new suit, also no bucky captain

*sniff*

Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:04 am
 [ 14 posts ]