The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:57 am

[ 4 posts ] 
TheOriDigi's application to the BR 

MGN Username: TheOriDigi
Currently Playing: alone, SSF2
Waifu: What's that?
Hello...

Name (aka Handle):
TheOriDigi

How old are you?:
14 years, 23 days
Which characters do you play in SSF2? Why do you play these characters? (Note: do not list characters that are not currently in the game):
I play Zelda+Sheik, Jigglypuff, and a bit of Kirby, Sora, Ness, Link, Mario, Wario and Zero Suit Samus.

How much experience do you have with official Smash titles? (SSB64, Melee, Brawl. Include in this answer which characters you play/played.):
I've played about a good 40 hours on Smash 4, and a good 30 for Brawl. In Smash 4, I'm just starting to play Jigglypuff, Dark Pit, and Bowser Jr. in smash 4, in Brawl, I play mostly everyone, Ganondorf, Lucas, Ice Climbers the most.

Have you ever attended any Smash tournaments? If so, give some details about the tournament (number of participants, which games, etc). How well did you place?
Never. I would attend one, but I probably wouldn't rank high.

When did you start playing SSF2?
I started playing about 1 1/2-2 years ago, playing 0.9a.

What is your favorite stage in SSF2? Explain.
My go-to stage is actually Smashville, and while I know it's not very amusing to see such a boring stage, but in my opinion, it is the best stage out there, for multiple reasons, one being that it adds to combos, but not in an unfair-ish way like Mirror Chamber, or really not at all like Final destination (where only flying characters can really hit opponents that are knocked higher), and it is rightly in between them, I believe.

Who, in your opinion, should be placed first on the SSF2 tier list? Under competitive settings why would this character perform on a higher level than all others?
I think sheilda (sheik and zelda) are the top tier when put together, due to zelda's high damage aerials and sheik's strong forward aerial; they both have good grab then aerial kill options, especially sheik's F-air. Not only that, but the fact that zelda has a really good edge guard with her S-Spec and a good k.o. combo with down throw to back aerial. I've also had the down air being a good option for characters who have poor vertical or mostly horizonital recoveries, which means zelda overall is better than shiek. But still, shiek does have good qualities, with a fast killing f-air, a fairly good d-air, and a good ranged attack in her n-spec, that can hold a close ranged enemies for a grab sometimes if you're close, which you could do down throw, into f-air, and a potential kill if close to ledge. What makes them so good in my opinion though, is that having both of them gives you alot of versatily in competive play, meaing you could focus on just maining both of them.

Who, in your opinion, should be placed last on the SSF2 tier list? Under competitive settings why would this character perform on a lower level than all others?
Many say wario, and I do agree, he has very bad specials in the air, S-Spec being able to kill you if you're not careful with it, not only that but most of his ground attacks don't combo into many things anyways other than than u tilt and smash. Even though there is a good finisher in that u-air of his, he doesn't have many other aerial kill moves, other than a dangerous side spec, which could lead to the kill on you, and the d-air, which cannot be cancelled and is a dangerous option too. The one thing though that does bring light to him though, is his down throw near a ledge, which can be very hard to recover from, that said, having a very short grab distance, it is hard to do that anyways. Most characters, in a competition though, have a good ranged attack thus wario can just be ranged.

If you could make only one change to SSF2 as it currently is, what would it be and why?
In particular, A.I. I think if we made them a little better, more people could practice with harder opponents without having to go online and play harder people who could beat you easily if you're less experienced, and more of a challenge for those who don't like online play. Due to the variability of it, eg., putting items on, or playing hazards.

What is your view on items in competitive play?
I think items just ruin the game online, because some are very over powered, and they add to the overall experience, neither competitively or for fun, as many of the final smashes are unfair, (Fox: Landmaster in particular) and make people just don't want to play or enter tournaments. Right now, I can say that the game may not be appealing to most right now, with a somewhat lack of characters, and maybe that's why not many competitive tournaments surface.

Do you have or can you download Skype? You don't need a mic or webcam.
I have a Skype account? But my regular computer is very laggy, so I don't know.

Why do you want to join the Smash Flash Back Room? What will you contribute? Why are you an exceptional applicant? Be as detailed as possible.
I think I could really help out more than other people, all the way from simple jobs to maybe the bigger picture, I would help out to make SSF2 a better game overall, and to have it regarded as one of the best fan games of all time, or the best :nod: I mean, it's a nice game for those that don't want a full-on gaming console, but can provide the same experience. I think I am exceptional, because the series is my favourite game. I feel like I want to help out this game by testing and failing until we get it right, because if we rush it, it might not turn out like lots of people hope it to be.

Additional information (Include in this section anything relevant to your application. This could include links to videos of yourself playing.)
I really don't have much to show yet...

Mains: :naruto: :pikachu: :ichigo:

Secondarys: :sonic: :captainfalcon:

Join TSF or whatever on Discord: https://discord.gg/ndmqVgU

Last edited by TSF|xTMT on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:37 pm

Sorry if I overdid it a bit :sweat:

Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:13 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Thank you for applying to the Smash Flash Back Room.

Unfortunately, your application has been denied. Please feel free to reapply in Beta.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:30 pm

TSF.Strife wrote:
Thank you for applying to the Smash Flash Back Room.

Unfortunately, your application has been denied. Please feel free to reapply in Beta.

Aww.

Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:38 am
 [ 4 posts ]