The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:39 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next
[MP] Fire Emblem 

TerminX wrote:
Hey I'm playing Fire Emblem

Am I wrong or are a lot of the early game units kind of useless? Moulder is immediately made obsolete by the healer whose name eludes me currently, Vanessa, Ross and Garcia are pretty bad in general, and I really want to use Colm but he's just so weak compared to my other units.

At any rate I'm really favoring Ephraim, Joshua and Lute currently. Just got to the Eirika/Ephraim split

You'll definitely want to use Ross, he's one of the best units in the game (Upgrade to Pirate then Berserker). Be sure to use Ewan (Shaman > Druid) and Amelia (Knight > General) as well when you get them. Everyone else is really up to you... just play with who you feel comfortable with. None of the early units are terrible, but there are some better options later like you say. It's the easiest FE (Unless you're playing Awakening on casual easy mode or something).

As a general note for Fire Emblem games, usually the first Myrmidon, Mercenary, Wyvern Rider, Knight, and Pegasus Knight are good in the end. Other classes may vary. It's also always good to use one of the 2 Cavaliers at the start (Sometimes both if you really want, but at least one).

Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:49 am
Site Moderator

Eh, well it's early game, so try and train 'em up. A bit of a hint: I believe the healer's promotion gets a skill that does more damage to monsters, and well, you're gonna face a bunch of them later on.

You do have that one save file right? I believe there's one where it lets you save just before the entire split, so you can do both on the other two save files.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:17 am

Oh hey, we finally get the Awakening demo next week

this is f*** ridiculous lmao

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:48 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Crazy you guys are just now getting that. f***' Nintendo.

I think Ross is a little far behind for me to train him well now. Currently I'm using Ephraim, Natasha, Artur, Franz, Lute, Kyle, Joshua, Neimi, Seth and Gilliam. (Whenever I'm allowed ten, that is..) I believe I'll be able to replace Neimi with Innes at some point, and I don't think Gilliam's gonna last much longer with his stupid low movement stat (Seth makes a better tank/bait unit)

And no I didn't save before the split. Didn't even occur to me, since I figured I'd be playing both paths anyway. Whoops.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:02 am

You're playing Sacred Stones, a game with infinite amount of experience available. There's always a chance to raise up Ross. As far as your team goes, I see no problems. I don't like that you're using Seth (Generally every FE game gives some really strong unit at the start that is an experience hog and ends up worthless late game), but you'll probably be fine.

Note for later in the game: When you get to the desert, you're going to want to use Colm / Rennac and comb the place for items. There's also a few secret shops along the way, but good luck finding them (First one is in chapter 14 by the way).

EDIT: Now for something else: I'm trying to create the ultimate army in Awakening's Lunatic mode. I've paired up and started the children paralogues... but I'm out of second seals and thus need to complete Severa's chapter to buy more. My MU is a Warrior at the moment, making this chapter pretty brutal.... it's difficult to save Severa as she blindly runs into enemy fire. I've been trying to essentially solo the map with MU and some hand axes, but he isn't able to dodge everything thrown at him and can get destroyed in a single turn if the enemy gets lucky. Anone have any tips here?

Once I finish this, though, I'll probably be fine. Everyone has their skills that are needed to pass down (Except maybe Gregor and Counter, but I don't think Kjelle needs that when she has Aegis and Pavise).

Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:47 pm
Site Moderator

Seth is actually one of the best characters in SS, it's just that everyone else needs EXP for the early game. I don't think there's been any real crutch characters in recent FE games, discounting the remakes.

As for that paralouge, just use a rescue staff when she gets too close. Keep in mind for the "lol same turn reinforcements" on the stairs.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:52 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Playing Awakening, I'm on like chapter 6 I think.
I hear people say if you train Donnel he becomes really good, but right now at like level 6 hes pretty much unless to me. Is he worth my time or should I just replace him?

AMA

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:16 pm
Site Moderator

On normal, sure.

On Hard, eh, if you don't mind grinding him up to 10 on DLC or something.

On Lunatic[+] he's pretty much only for "lol galeforce" daughters.

Discounting difficulty, he can be game breaking in the mid-game if you train him up (and get him the hell out of villager).

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:47 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Nott A. Bot wrote:
Seth is actually one of the best characters in SS, it's just that everyone else needs EXP for the early game. I don't think there's been any real crutch characters in recent FE games, discounting the remakes.

Yeah, I acknowledge. I'm using him mainly as a bait unit, or somebody to go take out dangerous s*** fast and on his own. I'm not really favoring him as far as experience goes, though.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:28 pm

Currently Playing: Boi, ffxiv and dbz fighterz.
Waifu: am lonely
TerminX wrote:
Nott A. Bot wrote:

Yeah, I acknowledge. I'm using him mainly as a bait unit, or somebody to go take out dangerous s*** fast and on his own. I'm not really favoring him as far as experience goes, though.

i use seth for everything
seth is a TKO master

sorry, I only listen to freshest jams from the youngest leans

Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:26 am

Nott A. Bot wrote:
As for that paralouge, just use a rescue staff when she gets too close. Keep in mind for the "lol same turn reinforcements" on the stairs.

I eventually got through. One time I lost because I didn't realize reinforcements come the turn after Severa joins you, and there was no one near her to protect her.

Though... my Severa kind of sucks. I mean, I go and get Severa, Owain, Morgan, and Inigo, but the only good one ends up being Inigo, who can solo anything easily. Hm...

Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:27 am

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
rexos wrote:
TerminX wrote:
Nott A. Bot wrote:

seth is a TKO master

Seth is too unfair, I never used him.

I've beaten SS twice, I'm on hard now, and I'm on the Chapter where you defend the king of renais for 13 turns.

How do I do this? HOW.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:15 pm

Currently Playing: Boi, ffxiv and dbz fighterz.
Waifu: am lonely
Dephius wrote:
rexos wrote:
TerminX wrote:
Nott A. Bot wrote:

seth is a TKO master

Seth is too unfair, I never used him.

I've beaten SS twice, I'm on hard now, and I'm on the Chapter where you defend the king of renais for 13 turns.

How do I do this? HOW.

use seth

sorry, I only listen to freshest jams from the youngest leans

Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:15 pm

Playing fire emblem awakening on lunatic mode.
Is it normal that I'm relying on Frederick a s*** ton?

Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:36 pm
Site Moderator

Generally the tactic for Lunatic[+] is

Is Fredrick alive? No? Reset. Yes? Use him for at least 5 chapters.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:40 pm
 [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next