The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:10 am

[ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Items Speculation Thread 

Location: That Little Place in Your Head You Don't Know About
☻Danny☻ wrote:
BlazingBarrager wrote:
Harr Turnpike wrote:
BlazingBarrager wrote:
I'd like to speculate a revamped Smash Ball so that we'd be able to have more than one Final Smash active. With Final Forms being part of the Final Smash selection, it would definitely be nice to have two Final Forms fighting each other. Of course this would require some nerfing in the Final Smashes themselves.

I don't really like this idea. For one thing, even if nerfed, the final forméd character would have an advantage over the untransformed characters at GETTING the second smash ball.

And it's not like we can solve it by just having them not be able to hit the Smash Ball. That would make it extremely disadvantageous to even HAVE a final form because the opponent won't want to fight final-form-on-final-form; they'll wait until the opponent's form runs out before activating theirs.

Well I guess that's true. Ugh...why did Sakurai make Smash Balls as a Final Smash activator in the first place?

So we can finally kick some balls without any serious damage to the male human's descendants?

And yet nearly every other fighting game has some sort of ultimate attack mechanic that isn't tied to an item. :b

ImageImageImage

Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:34 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
^That's pretty much the reason why Smash Bros is unique in that sense.
A gauge or something similar would be way too generic, and Smash Balls imo really create a sense of tension, a race to see who can get to it first. A concept that isn't really explored often in fighting games.
I mean, some people may not like that feeling, but personally I like it as it's something quite different.

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:21 am

☻Danny☻ wrote:
^That's pretty much the reason why Smash Bros is unique in that sense.
A gauge or something similar would be way too generic, and Smash Balls imo really create a sense of tension, a race to see who can get to it first. A concept that isn't really explored often in fighting games.
I mean, some people may not like that feeling, but personally I like it as it's something quite different.

I guess that's true, although weren't Final Smashes an idea since the first game they tried implementing?

Also I blame Cleod for making Final Forms because that wants me to duke it out with Bankai against Super Saiyan. :b

ImageImageImage

Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:54 am

Here's an idea for a new "item".

You guys remember Bubsy? That annoying jackass who had those four horrible games? What if this universally-hated character became an item in SSF2? He could have a small chance of spawning in the battle and would try to attack opponents. However, his attacks woud deal little to no damage and negligible knockback. His real purpose in the game is to be a punching bag and if someone is able to knock him off the stage, that player will gain a point. (Also, Bubsy's head would appear alongside the heads of every other KO you got in the match, just like Ridley amd Metal Face in Smash 4.)

What do you giys think?

Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:29 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
Devon wrote:

You guys remember Bubsy? That annoying jackass who had those four horrible games? What if this universally-hated character became an item in SSF2? He could have a small chance of spawning in the battle and would try to attack opponents. However, his attacks woud deal little to no damage and negligible knockback. His real purpose in the game is to be a punching bag and if someone is able to knock him off the stage, that player will gain a point. (Also, Bubsy's head would appear alongside the heads of every other KO you got in the match, just like Ridley amd Metal Face in Smash 4.)

What do you giys think?

He could be an AT... IDK

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:06 am

Jan_Solo wrote:
Devon wrote:

What do you giys think?

He could be an AT... IDK

That would defeat the purpose of K.O.ing him. Besides, the devs should save those Assist Trophy slots for characters that we actually WANT to come ot and assist us. :xd:

Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:19 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
Devon wrote:
Jan_Solo wrote:
Devon wrote:

What do you giys think?

He could be an AT... IDK

That would defeat the purpose of K.O.ing him. Besides, the devs should save those Assist Trophy slots for characters that we actually WANT to come ot and assist us. :xd:

If only there were such an item that revolves around being the punching bag and rewarding you for hitting it in the Smash Series.

Oh wait. :chibirobo:

Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:32 pm

Bedoop wrote:
Devon wrote:
Jan_Solo wrote:
Devon wrote:

What do you giys think?

He could be an AT... IDK

If only there were such an item that revolves around being the punching bag and rewarding you for hitting it in the Smash Series.

Oh wait. :chibirobo:

Are you saying that you don't want to have the cathartic feeling of ruthlessly beating on the universally hated main character of what is arguably the worst game franchise ever conceived?
Yeah, Sandbag-kun is was the original punching bag in Smash and all but he's actually a pretty sweet dude. I mean, he gives ZERO f***. You wanna have a party? He'll be there--hell, he's already wasted. He's a lot of fun to be around when he isn't being possessed by Cleod-Bot. Bubsy on the other hand... f*** him, he needs to feel all of our collective wrath. :pikachu: :wee:

Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:20 pm

Since Naruto doesn't have a rep for an Assist Trophy, I speculate that Sakura Haruno will appear as one. Her function is basically punching the ground at fast speeds that either trap those too close or send those flying straight up if they're almost out of range. For a finisher, she performs one massive punch that sends her opponents flying with a good amount of KB. This AT has no effect on airborne enemies or those out of range though.

ImageImageImage

Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:16 pm

BlazingBarrager wrote:
Since Naruto doesn't have a rep for an Assist Trophy, I speculate that Sakura Haruno will appear as one. Her function is basically punching the ground at fast speeds that either trap those too close or send those flying straight up if they're almost out of range. For a finisher, she performs one massive punch that sends her opponents flying with a good amount of KB. This AT has no effect on airborne enemies or those out of range though.

So...Knuckle Joe with a couple of limitations here and there...? :colonthree:

Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:39 pm

dragonballhero wrote:
BlazingBarrager wrote:

I guess? Don't know if Knuckle Joe is making it or not so why not?

ImageImageImage

Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:20 pm

BlazingBarrager wrote:
dragonballhero wrote:
BlazingBarrager wrote:

I guess? Don't know if Knuckle Joe is making it or not so why not?

I mean, I wouldn't mind if Sakura was an AT. I'm just saying...

Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:56 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
I speculate the elephant in the room here.

That's right. The Fire Flower. The only item from SSF1 that's still absent.

We mainly didn't have it before because of Fire Mario. But he's kablooie, and he ain't coming back.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:58 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
...Heheh, wow, that last post was a while ago. Now not only are we getting the Fire Flower, but the Ice Flower as well.

Anyway, I have a feeling there's still yet more we haven't seen. I still think the Crate, Barrel, and Hammer are going to appear, but haven't been revealed yet because Sandbag can't create them.

The Golden Hammer might also have a shot, since other "clone items" like the Ice Flower and Beam Rod are in.

Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:16 am
 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6