The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:13 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
"Read The Rules" Banner 

In a site called Dragon Cave when you sign up then there is a banner that is constantly on the top of the screen that says "Make Sure You Read The Rules" in big red letters, and they vanish if you get 20 posts or visit the rules, maybe we could have that? I'm probably not explaining it very well so if somebody else can help me describe it?

Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:48 am
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
I'm pretty sure this was suggested before, but that it was proving to be hard to code...

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:25 am

You could ask how the owner of Dragon Cave did it, I have an account, I could ask him.

EDIT: Ok I asked him.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:33 am
Legendary Ghost

Location: Where angels fear to tread, and man is but a cautionary tale.
Sounds like a good idea, just that it shouldn't go away after 20 posts. It shouldn't ever go away unless they visit the page.

That way, they cant use the excuse that they didn't know the rules.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:41 pm
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
Nini wrote:
Sounds like a good idea, just that it shouldn't go away after 20 posts. It shouldn't ever go away unless they visit the page.

They never can.

Ignorance is not an excuse.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:43 pm

You know, reading the rules won't stop noobs, infact, it may make more because all you would see is "Y R U PSTNG PR0N ITZ AGNST TEH RULZZ" or "TEH RULZ SAY U CNT BE MEEEN" or "LULZ I REPRTED UZ FOR CUZZING N000000B"

Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:46 pm

The Name wrote:
You know, reading the rules won't stop noobs, infact, it may make more because all you would see is "Y R U PSTNG PR0N ITZ AGNST TEH RULZZ" or "TEH RULZ SAY U CNT BE MEEEN" or "LULZ I REPRTED UZ FOR CUZZING N000000B"

If it ends up like that then they can just take it off.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:57 pm

Actually, in one site I went to, there was a small fine-print part of the rules that had a code which you used in order to allow yourself to actually join. Perhaps we could do something similar to that, so everyone would actually look at the rules and not just click the page to remove the banner?

Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:19 pm

RoyMaster4 wrote:
Actually, in one site I went to, there was a small fine-print part of the rules that had a code which you used in order to allow yourself to actually join. Perhaps we could do something similar to that, so everyone would actually look at the rules and not just click the page to remove the banner?

That's a much better idea.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:28 pm
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: KingTremolo
Currently Playing: Super Mario 64, Monster Hunter 4, Sonic Generations
Ganonthegreat wrote:
RoyMaster4 wrote:

But, you're forgeting something, the average noob (yah, I'm one to speak) does not like reading, and will just scan the page for the fine text, not that hard.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:48 pm

Luke Fon Fabre wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:
RoyMaster4 wrote:

But, you're forgeting something, the average noob (yah, I'm one to speak) does not like reading, and will just scan the page for the fine text, not that hard.

Hmmm... what if we hid a url in the standard text to a quiz about the rules - ... wait, that's too complicated.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:50 pm

RoyMaster4 wrote:
Luke Fon Fabre wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:
RoyMaster4 wrote:

Hmmm... what if we hid a url in the standard text to a quiz about the rules - ... wait, that's too complicated.

What about the rule near the bottom but not the bottom has a bracket that says "(Click This Link To Officially Become A Member *Link*)"

EDIT: This is weird, the Admin of Dragon Cave PM'ed me back and he said he couldn't look at the forum due to him having the same I.P as Mike Power! How the heck is that possible?

Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:14 pm

Luke Fon Fabre wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:
RoyMaster4 wrote:

then he gets banned when he screws up?

Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:19 pm

Nini wrote:

Anyone can claim that they have read the rules, quite some time ago.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:40 pm
Site Admin

I can't really remember but I think it was blades old forum

The link to get to the registration was in the middle of the rules telling you how to join

When the big letters

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

Sent you to a page showing the admins disappointment in not actually reading what he asked you too

Something along those lines wouldn't be bad, but clicking the wrong link should cause some kind of un-registration for the day

Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:43 pm
 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next