The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:29 pm

[ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next
Peach 
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Ninjawarrior93 wrote:
haha just so you know, when I didn't feel like registering into this forum before, I however, did read all of the pages in this Peach character's page, and I know most of the tips with Peach(forgot to mention this derp). I also have watched your videos before, they're simply awesome. Lastly, I also knew that you were going to do the Peach tutorial so I am ready for it :D

I totally didn't stalk you.

I think I need to know more about how to play mind games with Toad and Peach's turnips though, I can't seem to predict or make mind games that easily since I'm too focused on trying to DI(I keep forgetting to recover and instead I just keep on holding onto my direction keys lol) and tech (I'm bad at timing my tech especially or also playing mindgames with teching to prevent tech chase from happening).

I also think that I need to learn how to edgeguard better, I do know how to edgeguard but I sometimes miss my moves and not time them properly (like the f-air which can be used to KO opponents but the I sometimes overshot my f-air and have to go back to the stage just to quickly strike my opponent back).

Oh lol, thank you! I agree with CodeSamurai, edgeguarding depends on the character that your opponent is playing. However, consistent edgeguarding comes with experience. In order to gain this experience, I would first play level 9 random CPUs a lot in a rom per day. This is how I gained confidence in what general edgeguards I could do, how deep I could go against each character and live, etc. Next, play a lot of online matches. Some recoveries are pretty set in which ways they are limited to, but floaty characters and characters with multiple options are difficult. You have to reason/read what recovery option is the best option for them so that you can cover it.

As for mindgames with Toad and turnips, that comes from reads and experience as well. For turnips, however, I recommend doing a full hop facing away from the opponent, and then reverse throwing it at them. That's gets a lot of aggressive players.

Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:16 pm

MGN Username: Ninjawarrior93
Currently Playing: SSF2
Alright thanks for the advice! Also, how does DJC work for Peach? And would you think it will be useful for Peach? Or is she better off with just float cancelling like every Peach player would do.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:30 am
BR Member

Ninjawarrior93 wrote:
Alright thanks for the advice! Also, how does DJC work for Peach? And would you think it will be useful for Peach? Or is she better off with just float cancelling like every Peach player would do.

If you double jump in air, but use an aerial right after activating the second jump, you're DJCing. Its good for approaching, extending combos, and tech chases. You can do both DJC and float cancelling in your gameplay or more of one than the other.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:53 am

I always have troubles against Naruto/Goku/BM/Ichigo spammers on the online mode(not counting the people that spam the moves to edeguard me). It's hard to approach because of how Naruto has the throwing clone attack, Goku has that spammy kamehameha, BM's meteor/haste/thundaga and Ichigo's Getsuga Tenshō/disjointed blade attacks. I know that I can punish these spammers since I'll be expecting these moves, but It's just that I can't seem to approach them.

This also shows how bad I am lol.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:17 am
SSF2 Developer

Have you tried Float and Turnips?

Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:19 am
BR Member

Fish for a beam sword and watch all of your problems disappear.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:29 am

135 wrote:
Have you tried Float and Turnips?

I did use float to try and approach and hit but it's practically useless against an Ichigo that is smash upsmash due to the amazingly annoying disjointed wide hitbox sword. Or not just the upsmash really. Not just Ichigo though, I do still have problems approaching with a float + turnip mindgame. But I took Sorabotic's advice on hopping the other way round facing away from the opponent, then reverse throwing. It actually helped but I still get spammed on a lot.

WelfareWednesday wrote:

If only I can.... -looks at luck meter-

Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:38 am

MGN Username: Ganondoof
Currently Playing: Vanguard Princess, Upkmnfg, YGOPRO
Ninjawarrior93 wrote:
WelfareWednesday wrote:

If only I can.... -looks at luck meter-

How To Refill Luck Meter

Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:52 am

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
The only problem the turnip game rly has right now is you can't be in the air and turnip throw to fair. In this game you will simply recatch your turnip. The turnips need to fly farther and faster if that is to be dealt with.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:13 pm

MGN Username: ohgosick
Currently Playing: Anything not called 'Undertale'.
Waifu: ur mum lmao
RemPrower wrote:
The only problem the turnip game rly has right now is you can't be in the air and turnip throw to fair. In this game you will simply recatch your turnip. The turnips need to fly farther and faster if that is to be dealt with.

yes, I see you tryin to make me bork here, like it. Thou, some of the coolest stuff you can do with turnips relies on regrabs, I'm not sure how fast/far the turnips would need to go to allow for both to be preformed without difficult timings tho,,

The Americans came in and burned my village with their flaming uppercuts,
killing our water buffalo and leaving this scar on my chest...

Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:25 pm

Gosick wrote:
RemPrower wrote:

yes, I see you tryin to make me bork here, like it. Thou, some of the coolest stuff you can do with turnips relies on regrabs, I'm not sure how fast/far the turnips would need to go to allow for both to be preformed without difficult timings tho,,

True that re-catching turnips can actually lead to better combos, as much as I want to fair I think it's best to re-catch rather than actually use an fair.

Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:37 am

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
huh...
why not throw the turnip right when you full-jump, an then come down with the f-air
turnip covers low to the ground options and the jump and f-air cover high defensive/retaliation options
more options covered than throwing a turnip when the peak of your jump is met.

if you just throw it as your descending you're not covering any options but the ones right in front of you
what if the opponent jumps?
what if the opponent moves farther away?
won't be able to cover these options with a short-hopped turnip throw with a delayed f-air (which is the only way to turnip > f-air out of a short hop, and also one of the only ways to do it using the method I think y'all are trying to use).

Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:47 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
TacThree wrote:
huh...
why not throw the turnip right when you full-jump, an then come down with the f-air
turnip covers low to the ground options and the jump and f-air cover high defensive/retaliation options

if you just throw it as your descending you're not covering any options but the ones right in front of you
won't be able to cover these options with a short-hopped turnip throw with a delayed f-air (which is the only way to turnip > f-air out of a short hop, and also one of the only ways to do it using the method I think y'all are trying to use).

Lol I just did this, and hit the turnip, sending them a little behind me. I got the reverse hit of the fair, and hit him into the turnip, thus saving him >:(

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:30 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Lol I just did this, and hit the turnip, sending them a little behind me. I got the reverse hit of the fair, and hit him into the turnip, thus saving him >:(

The Jank Strikes Back!

Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:17 am
YIM
BR Member

TacThree wrote:
huh...

Lol that's what I do and it works every time, even if I'm a little far away from the opponent.

Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:35 am
 [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next