The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:12 pm

[ 294 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
SSF2 Suggestions Thread v2 
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
This was in the old forums. People want to post them, and it's best we confine them to a single thread: the things you genuinely, realistically want to see adjusted.

To put up some ground rules:
  • No suggesting characters or stages. The devs have already predetermined those and will not change their minds.
  • Only post each individual suggestion once. Nobody likes hearing someone repeat themselves.
  • Keep your expectations realistic, especially since Beta is already out. This is less a rule and more of a guideline. I want this thread to be of real use, and that can't happen if it's cluttered with things best left for another release entirely.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:09 pm

A few things I wanna see:

- Items from Smash 4. And no, Spiny Shell and Cucco don't count as they were in SSF2 before those were announced. Specifically, I wanna see items like Drill, Grass, Bullet Bill (though it may be hard to do), Daybreak (again, hard to do), Boss Galaga, and Special Flag. I also think a Video Monitor item from the Sonic series would be cool.

- Even with Events and Classic Mode, as well as character-specific Target Smash!! stages on the way, Solo Mode still feels rather lacking. They have stated that a Melee-esque Adventure Mode would be in SSF2, complete with planets of the playable universes, which could happen. Flash of Shadows was also planned for a Brawl-esque Adventure Mode, it was scrapped due to the revised roster. The clips in the SSF2 Beta opening could be used as a starting point for possible cutscenes, though as those were more or less taken from Brawl, I doubt it.

- Not exactly a character or stage request per say, but I just want more 4th party representation outside anime. Like maybe trophy or Assist Trophy cameos would work, but I doubt anyone will have anything more significant, save for maybe Mickey Mouse and such

Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:44 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
You know what would be extremely neat?
A Target Test maker.
Using spare parts of the other Target Test levels and letting you build your own level would be really neat.
Another feature that would be really neat would be toggleable Air Dodges. Basically either Melee/BrawlSmash4 modes. And to avoid desyncs in an online match, this feature would be better on the "Rules" part of the menu if it ever gets implemented.
I love wavedashing.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:57 pm
BR Member

I think this is more important than ever now due to recent events.
I believe that Training Mode needs a hitbox toggle.

In v0.9b, we had to resort to rather unscrupulous methods to study competitive play. And with the 1.0.1 patch, now even that will never be possible, which, while I understand the reasoning, will seriously damage the Back Room and ultimately the fledgling tournament scene.

The flag for hitbox visibility is already in the code. Please just add a way for normal users to access it.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:04 am

Kirb-Star wrote:
You know what would be extremely neat?
A Target Test maker.
Using spare parts of the other Target Test levels and letting you build your own level would be really neat.
Another feature that would be really neat would be toggleable Air Dodges. Basically either Melee/BrawlSmash4 modes. And to avoid desyncs in an online match, this feature would be better on the "Rules" part of the menu if it ever gets implemented.
I love wavedashing.

Well both of those are done by Melee Light and Super Smash Bros. Crusade respectively. Not sure if that would increase or decrease its chance of appearing, if it has effect at all, but just thought I'd bring it up.

Also don't Brawl and Smash 4 have near-identical airdodge physics?
Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) wrote:
I think this is more important than ever now due to recent events.
I believe that Training Mode needs a hitbox toggle.

In v0.9b, we had to resort to rather unscrupulous methods to study competitive play. And with the 1.0.1 patch, now even that will never be possible, which, while I understand the reasoning, will seriously damage the Back Room and ultimately the fledgling tournament scene.

The flag for hitbox visibility is already in the code. Please just add a way for normal users to access it.

An option to toggle hitboxes should be in any Smash game. I'm almost appalled the official games don't do this. I understand reasoning but it should be trivial to have something like this so not just the competitive scene, but any player can study their character(s) and potentially get a better understanding for them.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:27 am

MGN Username: Popcioslav
Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, Len'en 4: Brilliant Pagoda or Haze Castle
Waifu: Sandbag
While I do like this thread exists, I'm probably still going to make my own one simply because... it's way too big of a wall of text for this place.

Also old forums (Speculation) are still on forums, just harder to find.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:44 am

Popcioslav wrote:
While I do like this thread exists, I'm probably still going to make my own one simply because... it's way too big of a wall of text for this place.

Well you could break it up and but them in a box.
Like this: show
Sticker Star sucks

Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:14 pm
BR Member

Popcioslav wrote:

"You are not authorized to view this forum."

Also, please don't do that. That would just annoy the devs and make them less likely to listen to you.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:30 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
pokerninja2 wrote:
Also don't Brawl and Smash 4 have near-identical airdodge physics?

That's why I piled the two together "Melee/BrawlSmash4"

Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:06 pm

MGN Username: ProLuigi
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2 Demo v0.9b, Pokemon Moon
It bugs me that CPUs don't have the CPU tag yet, (currently they use P1, P2, P3, P4) so I hope that comes eventually.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:33 pm

MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, SIFAS
Waifu: Hanamaru Kunikida
Suggesting the ability to save usernames.
It's really tedious having to enter a name everytime you go to the css screen.
Even more tedious if you want to enter a symbol or a number into your name.
The fact of having to use the ingame keypad to enter your name doesnt help.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:27 am
YIM WWW

This seems kind of silly, but a 'hazard switch' in the same vein as the stage select (for random) and item switch. That is, we can choose each stage individually if it has hazards on or off.

Would be good for competitive play (to turn on hazards for certain stages only without having to remember to hit the button), and for casual play when certain stages are more enjoyable with/without.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:23 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
Lulu wrote:
This seems kind of silly, but a 'hazard switch' in the same vein as the stage select (for random) and item switch. That is, we can choose each stage individually if it has hazards on or off.

This might seem even sillier, but speaking of switches, would it be possible to implement Pokeball and Assist Trophy switches?

Sure, it could let you use absurdly powerful ones every time, but It would make certain Pokemon and Assist Trophies much easier to get for screenshots and stuff than simply relying on RNG.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:19 am

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
Classic Mode; Alt. Routes
Well, "Alt. Routes" may be a bad term since Smash 3DS has that shtick and these are 2 completely different things, so
Classic Mode; Other Classic Modes
Basically, other "Routes" of Classic Mode.
They're all leading to Master Hand, and they all have Easy/Normal/Hard/Intense, but they're all different in their own ways;
- - -
Super Smash Flash 2 Mode
Basically the one currently in SSF2 BETA, but with Peril Roulette as an exclusive to that mode. You all know the drill, 1v1, 2v2, Giant Enemy, Targets, 1v2, Crystals, Multi-Meta-Master. That jazz. :chibirobo:
- - -
Super Smash Flash 1 Mode
Relive the horrors nostalgic SSF1's Classic Mode, right in SSF2's humble abode! The SSF1 Mode modifier is on at all times and the only items that will spawn (When applicable) are items that were also in SSF1 (Meaning no Fireworks or anything), so get ready for nonsense.
The route;
1: Sonic Series Character @ Green Hill Zone
2: Mario Bros. @ Mushroom Kingdom II (I think your teammate is always Samus, so, make her the teammate)
3: Target Test @ Rainbow Route (This will be a new Target Test area, so go nuts!)
4: Zelda Series Character @ Hyrule Castle 64 (Either that or Temple, you do you)
5: Kirby Team (vs. 15) @ Dreamland 64 (8 Kirbies and 7 Meta Knights want you dead, dispose of them)
6: Race to the Finish @ Green Hill Zone (But actually tolerable this time)
7: Multi-Man Smash (vs. 12) @ Battlefield (It's the same Silouhette Team, get them out of your house)
8: Master Hand (And possibly Crazy Hand) @ Final Destination (You already know how this goes)
- - -
Super Smash Bros. 64 Mode
Relive the amazing also-nostalgic SSB64's Classic Mode, also in SSF2's humble abode because I can dream damnit! The Knockback and Hitstun for attacks has been raised a teeny tiny bit for that bowling-ball feel from ye olde days, and the only items that spawn (When applicable) are items that were in Smash 64, so no Smart Bombs or anything. Also this is assuming the rest of the N64 Stages are in Full-Version/Future BETA, because I mean why wouldn't they be
The route (But you should already know it;)
1: Link @ Hyrule Castle 64 (Much like in SSB64, he stands there like a complete idiot doing nothing until you hit him. Not sure why.)
2: Yoshi Team (vs. 18) @ Yoshi's Island 64 (Many colorful Yoshers also want you dead, dispose of them)
3: Fox @ Sector Z
4: Break the Targets! @ Character-Specific Stage (These are already confirmed so)
5: Mario Bros. @ Peach's Castle 64 (I just now noticed all 3 classic mode routes have a Mario Bros. encounter, huh) ((Also you get a teammate for this))
6: Pikachu @ Saffron City 64
7: Giant Donkey Kong @ Kongo Jungle 64 (You get 2 chums, take down the Kong King)
8: Board the Platforms! @ ...Somewhere. Either Character-specific stages, new SSF2-general ones, I don't know. BtP isn't in SSF2 yet so I'll just leave this to hope.
9: Kirby Team (vs. 8) @ Dreamland 64 (They all have hats from the O12, take all of them out!)
10: Samus @ Planet Zebes 64
11: Metal Mario @ Meta Crystal (Was it Meta Crystal or Metal Cavern? I forget)
12: Race to the Finish! @ That one long tunnel from 64. You know the one, with all the annoying bumpers.
13 (Gosh this route is long:) Fighting Polygon Team! (vs. 30) @ Battlefield (It's the Silouhette Team but they're all purple now and there's a butt-ton more of them.)
14: Master Hand @ Final Destination (Well, you made it, don't freaking screw up if you're on Intense Mode and wanna do a No-Continues run, you made it this far)
- - -
hi :chibirobo:

Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:24 am

MGN Username: squirtkipfan0
Currently Playing: TF2, terraria, ssf2, fire emblem(various ones), other things
Waifu: jenny wakeman
I admittedly like the bonus mode from melee(point competition), so If that could be brought back somehow that be cool

reeeeaaaally hoping for: a PlayStation representative, shadow, lucas, a different fire emblem character(though id be lying if I said id be mad with ike), trevor Belmont(id think he would have a more reasonable moveset than simon)
Too spammable for my liking: Bomb Arrows

Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:45 am
 [ 294 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next