The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:16 pm

[ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
Mega Man 

MGN Username: AfroWarrior
If you use an attack while Beat is carrying you, it cancels it and actually resets the up-special if/when you get hit. Food for thought. Also his side special is ridiculously good for recovery/mixups as well.

I have ran over a thousand miles
Unknown to Community, nor known to the World
Have withstood pain to perfect my technique
Yet this speed will never be remembered
My whole life was Sonic the Hedgehog.

Mains: :sonic: :bomberman:

Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:14 am

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
I'm gonna leave this here.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:32 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
194 wrote:
I'm gonna leave this here.

[ Image ]

I managed to do this by using bair instead lol.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:12 am

MGN Username: Quote
The Megaman changes:

- Animations lined up to more smoothly transition
- Dash attack and ftilt damage increased
- Dtilt has less hitstun, but better trajectory
- Utilt has more hitstun, hits harder, and reaches higher
- Dsmash angle raised to prevent bad DI kos at low percentages
- Fair given punishing landing lag if landed at any time during active frames, zero otherwise
- Bair weakened
- Dair strengthened
- Dthrow angle changed to be not abusable
- Uncharged Mega Buster does not cause flinch, increased projectile limit. Damage is now static based on which level of shot is fired (there was a small window where uncharged buster could be 1% stronger, for example)
- Weapon Change now doesn’t flip when facing the other way (Left is always Black Hole Bomb, Right is always Crash Bomber). Also its HUD has new additional graphics showing projectile of choices.
- Beat Call doesn’t improperly disable sometimes when interrupted with aerials’ landing lag anymore.
- Super Mega Man (final smash) can now run, attributes are closer to Mega Man, but superior

Thoughts on his changes? I'm happy with them because Megaman can properly combo out of d-tilt, and his D-throw isn't dumb any more! I also really enjoy what they did with Weapon Change. A nice graphics change for the better.

Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:18 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
Mega Man is overall weaker than before, but it's for the best. F-air+grab+D-throw was pretty busted and Mega Buster was too strong.

The D-tilt and U-tilt change is nice though.

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:33 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Up-tilt KO's Mario at 70% on ToS. But he loses main launcher, and has to opt out for Down-tilt, which is small and slower.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:08 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
I'd say that's a f-air sacrifice. It finally gives D-tilt some use.

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:27 pm

MGN Username: Quote
For his U-tilt, the height was increased so he can hit someone standing on BF's lower platforms from directly underneath. You can thank me for that one. :)

Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:55 pm
BR Member

why smash 4 megaman is better than ssf2 megaman

YouTube Video:

Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:25 am

MGN Username: Lisnovski1
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2 Beta
Waifu: Myself
Batter than Sakurai's arms moving to the SSBM Song.

Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:01 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
Do you guys plan on giving MM a pit-like recovery? I absolutely love that you can cancel out of it using an aerial, but was it really necessary to just make him helpless by hitting him out of it? That is the only flaw with MM that keeps him from being an outstanding character.

Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:03 pm
BR Member

It's like Snake's up b but much worse. Id recommend restoring the megabuster stun on Up B, and letting him drop down without an attack cancel by pressing down. Id kinda also want to see the bird having a minor hitbox.

Also I freaking hate his dash attack so much, spamming the move is actually viable, and it honestly should get a little more lag added to it. :( Also utilt is stronger than Fox Usmash, Id like to see it reduced to matching it in power, im kinda undecided on it but it seems that the power is disproprotional to the size and animation

Aside from that, I think his various neutral b moves need to be balanced out a little more.
Megabuster - Earlier stages of charge can be reached faster, giving it use as a not-so-spammable straight projectile. Further more, he should be able to cancel the charge by guarding (while grounded) HOWEVER, this will NOT keep the charge, as it will reset back to no charge when this is done. This change allows the move to be considered as a viable option for long range combat, and also reduce the move's risk and enhance its mindgame potential. (however im still a bit iffy on the canceling part)
Brick - Give it a little more start/end lag (just very slight), and not have a hitbox before the brick is actually thrown. This is meant to reduce the move's spamability, which I think everyone will appreciate.
Crash Bomb - Fix powershield issue, have the detonation be able to inflict self damage if done too close, reduce the length that the explosion hitbox lingers, and give his manual-detonation animation a good amount of starting delay. This sounds like a lot but it def wont break the move. This change is meant to reduce this move's insane abuse potential, while keeping it a key part of his overall game.
Wheel - Its actually pretty fine, although maybe the hitbox before it is shot shouldnt be there but im kinda undecided on that one
Black Hole - The hitbox should never cheap Mega Man out of a kill. Furthermore, whoever is trapped in it should take continual damage while they are trapped, i think around 7-9% if the move was to finish. Also I think that it should slowly accelerate the longer the starting/aiming portion of the move is out, sort of like Din's Fire but not nearly as fast. This change is primarily to make it a more practical edgeguarding/setup tool, while tilting it's risk/reward ratio a bit more towards the reward side.

In this way Brick and Crash Bomb become less abusable, and Black Hole and Megabuster become more practical, giving Megaman more incentive to use every weapon at his disposal

Any thoughts on this? Id like to point out that this is my opinion, and def up for argument

Last edited by goml on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:04 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
Welfare Wednesday wrote:
It's like Snake's up b but much worse. Id recommend restoring the megabuster stun on Up B, and letting him drop down without an attack cancel by pressing down. Id kinda also want to see the bird having a minor hitbox.

Also I freaking hate his dash attack so much, spamming the move is actually viable, and it honestly should get a little more lag added to it. :( Also utilt is stronger than Fox Usmash, Id like to see it reduced to matching it in power, im kinda undecided on it but it seems that the power is disproprotional to the size and animation

Aside from that, I think his various neutral b moves need to be balanced out a little more.
Megabuster - Earlier stages of charge can be reached faster, giving it use as a not-so-spammable straight projectile
Brick - Give it a little more start/end lag (just very slight), and not have a hitbox before the brick is actually thrown
Crash Bomb - Fix powershield issue, have the detonation be able to inflict self damage if done too close, reduce the length that the explosion hitbox lingers, and give his manual-detonation animation a good amount of starting delay. This sounds like a lot but it def wont break the move
Wheel - Its actually pretty fine, although maybe the hitbox before it is shot shouldnt be there but im kinda undecided on that one
Black Hole - The hitbox should never cheap Mega Man out of a kill. Furthermore, whoever is trapped in it should take continual damage while they are trapped, i think around 7-9% if the move was to finish. Also I think that it should slowly accelerate the longer the starting/aiming portion of the move is out, sort of like Din's Fire but not nearly as fast.

In this way Brick and Crash Bomb become less abusable, and Black Hole and Megabuster become more practical, giving Megaman more incentive to use every weapon at his disposal

Any thoughts on this? Id like to point out that this is my opinion, and def up for argument

There is no way I can argue with this, This is exactly what MM needs. Also, there is a glitch on smashville where if a crash bomb hits the balloon, the balloon will pop but the bomb will be stuck in mid-air. I haven't tested out to see if the bomb will do any damage when stuck, but that is something that needs to be checked.

Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:40 pm

Currently Playing: Patty-cake
WelfareWednesday wrote:

Also I freaking hate his dash attack so much, spamming the move is actually viable, and it honestly should get a little more lag added to it.( Also utilt is stronger than Fox Usmash, Id like to see it reduced to matching it in power, im kinda undecided on it but it seems that the power is disproprotional to the size and animation

Nope nope nope nope nope nope NOPE. Let MM have SOMETHING, he's already the slowest/laggiest character in the game. Although I can get behind making some of his projectiles less spamable/abusable, he's in need of some serious buffs. Dash attack is one of his two good approaches, outside his projectiles, and his best combo starter. It's already pretty easy to hit him out of as most moves have priorety over it.[\b]

[b]Megabuster
- Earlier stages of charge can be reached faster, giving it use as a not-so-spammable straight projectile. Further more, he should be able to cancel the charge by guarding (while grounded) HOWEVER, this will NOT keep the charge, as it will reset back to no charge when this is done. This change allows the move to be considered as a viable option for long range combat, and also reduce the move's risk and enhance its mindgame potential. (however im still a bit iffy on the canceling part)
Brick - Give it a little more start/end lag (just very slight), and not have a hitbox before the brick is actually thrown. This is meant to reduce the move's spamability, which I think everyone will appreciate.
Crash Bomb - Fix powershield issue, have the detonation be able to inflict self damage if done too close, reduce the length that the explosion hitbox lingers, and give his manual-detonation animation a good amount of starting delay. This sounds like a lot but it def wont break the move. This change is meant to reduce this move's insane abuse potential, while keeping it a key part of his overall game.
Black Hole - The hitbox should never cheap Mega Man out of a kill. Furthermore, whoever is trapped in it should take continual damage while they are trapped, i think around 7-9% if the move was to finish. Also I think that it should slowly accelerate the longer the starting/aiming portion of the move is out, sort of like Din's Fire but not nearly as fast. This change is primarily to make it a more practical edgeguarding/setup tool, while tilting it's risk/reward ratio a bit more towards the reward side.

One thing I thought was pretty funny about MM and the ssf2 crew it that when they found out that MM had a chain grab consisting of his d-throw and f-air, it had to be dealt with IMMEDIATELY and precautions were taken to ensure that this would never happen again, both changing the trajectory of d-throw and adding landing lag to f-air. But other characters with chain grabs that has been known about for sometime like Marth's is just 2 LEGIT 2 QUIT, even though Marth's chain grab is more likely to cause an opponents death, if caught, than MM's. Just a penny for thought

WelfareWednesday wrote:
Why should it be better? And who's asking for a huge nerf?
ProjectBrawl7 wrote:
Nobody is asking for a nerf, the SSF2 did it...

Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:59 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Marth's fthrow isn't a chaingrab if you DI away, MM's dthrow so easily led to jab resets it was impossible to avoid.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:08 am
 [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next