The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:30 pm

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Game Master 

*OOC: There are different “rooms” in the castle. Each “room” will be like a different game (generally, I will make up games rather than using already-existing ones). In certain rooms, I may allow one player to take control of that room, essentially becoming a temporary co-DM.*

*OOC: As for where to start, that is a matter of common sense. Two logical places are either just coming out of the portal or already in the town, mingling with the townsfolk. If it makes sense, you can start out pretty much wherever and however you want, though I would urge you to remain near the town or you might get left out of the plot.*

{Draco} the Veron (fire-breathing blink fox)
[[Sylver]] the Robotic Dog

Story Mode (not to be confused with official SSF2 story mode)
Rising Tide: 4 stages complete

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:30 pm

OOC: Alright, then.

Cirno was soaring around high above the city, not quite sure what this place was or what to do next. Her dress flapped in the wind as she cruised through the skies, looking for something interesting to do or someone to play with.

[11:08:57 PM] Luke: http://puu.sh/1WGsn
[11:09:42 PM] Luke: like ok if it was something funny
[11:09:44 PM] Luke: but
[11:09:50 PM] Luke: really
[11:15:07 PM] Super High School Level Shut-in: lol sigged xD

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:36 pm

Villageville

It is a bright, sunny day, though a few clouds dot the skies. The townspeople are rushing about with their daily lives. A little girl looks up at the sky at Cirno and waves, then goes ahead on her way. Cirno can see a skate park, an arcade, a few businesses, a hospital, a law firm, a bakery, five Starbucks, a few resturants, and a residential area from where she is.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:58 pm

Cirno, scouting the area, noticed the small child wave and gave a short wave back. She glanced at the arcade and thought it seemed interesting. She'd never seen a place like this in Gensokyo, so she decided to investigate. Cirno dropped down for a landing and her feet gently touched the ground in front of the arcade. She stepped inside and took a look around.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:08 am

Arcade

Cirno, upon seeing the interior, sees that she s not the only Toon (as said, that is the collective term for those who came through the portal) that had the idea. There are a fair few Toons in the arcade. In fact, most of those in the arcade are Toons.

“Y’know, for a moment, I thought I was going to have to close the place up, all those home consoles and stuff and people being too lazy to get out and play in an arcade. But these toons have the right idea,” the manager says to the woman at the prize counter.

“It’s actually kinda sad that, as people play on their home consoles, they forget how it feels to play on an arcade machine. Not to mention, some games are only available on arcade, so a lot of people are missing out,” the woman responds.

The available games are:

Mach 19 Racer 50¢
You drive in an arcade ‘car’ that moves on a stand, tilting left or right and up or down, according to the movements in the game. It actually does fairly well to replicate the feel of the game.

Pong Free Play
An old pong machine. The owners realize that they cannot get a dime on it in this day and age, but they leave it in for nostalgia purposes. One or two players.

Gory Fighter 2000 50¢
The name says it all. A fighting game with one or two players. It actually takes place in a 3D ring and has 8-way movement.

Alien Invasion Free Play
The old classic.

Pac-Man 25¢
Of course.

Air Hockey 50¢ each side
Fun, pretty much an arcade-exclusive.

NES Cabinet 25¢ per 5 minutes
Allows you to play many of the NES classics.

Skater Guy 50¢
This game has a skateboard on a stand that you stand on. You move the skateboard to do tricks.

DDR 50¢ per round
Of course.

Pool Free Play, three tables
There are three pool tables in a seperate room, away from most of the noise. There is a person in the room whose main function is to make sure that nobody steals anything. He looks like he actually might be a nice guy, but strong nonetheless.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:56 am

Cirno goes to check her pockets for money, then realizes she has no pockets, nor any money for that matter. This world probably wouldn't accept Gensokyo currency, regardless. She walked over to the Alien Invasion machine, pushed the START button, and began to play. Although the game was simplistic, it kept Cirno fairly entertained.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:04 am

Arcade

“Durn young’ns. To you, it’s a game, but I really fought a war against aliens in my lifetime. Blasted war, all we got fer it was death,” a old man’s voice behind Cirno scolds, “But you youngsters don’t give a damn, do yeh?”

“Give her a break, it’s only a game. Let her have her fun,” a raspy voice says.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:16 am

Cirno was still zoning out over the game, not paying much attention to the men conversing behind her.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:34 am

OOC: I'm going to join as another character, but not right now. just in case, I call Proto Man.

Marvin took out a plate from the pantry. He loaded a small stack, about 4 or so, pancakes onto the plate. He sliced off a piece of butter and delicately placed it on top of the pile. He then took some maple syrup and began to pour it on top of the cakes. His caretaker, Joshua, just sat next to him and waited. Marvin then took a fork and almost began eating when he remembered he had no mouth. This is what Joshua was waiting for. he same routine happened every morning.
"Sigh, isn't that lovely? I cannot eat." He said, pushing the plate to Joshua.
After breakfast, the two took a stroll through the town, stopping every once in a while to notice all the toons.
"It's a good thing I was one of the first t enter the portal," Marvin noted, "Or I'd be stuck on the streets!"

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:33 pm

News Studio

“And now, Martin Dentron with the weather.”

News Studio, Weather Room

“Yes, it will be a bright, sunny day in Villesville, partly cloudy in the morning but clear in the afternoon, except over the Game Master’s castle, where we will find the exact same storm cloud that has been hovering over it since the castle has been there,” the weatherman says, “There is no wind expected for today. There will be a high of 78 and a low of 59. Back to you.”

*OOC: As for Marvin and Cirno, there is really little I can do until the actual plot gets going. I am waiting for Panda currently, though I am willing to go on if it takes too long for him to return.*

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:11 pm

Cirno had grown bored of the arcade and walked out. The sun blinded her at first. Although it was starting to get warm out, it wasn't quite enough to bother Cirno yet. She took flight and soared high above the tall buildings. The castle with the odd cloud above it intrigued her, so she started heading over to investigate. She landed quite a ways back from the front of the castle, out of range of the storm. She looked at castle, puzzled.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:42 pm

Something feels very odd about the castle. In addition to the general feel of darkness that emanates from the castle, the big neon sign in front of the castle that says, “Secret Evil Lair of the Game Master Here” is also a dead giveaway.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:51 pm

Cirno was mostly oblivious. She couldn't read too well, and the dark aura surrounding the castle seemed to have completely escaped her notice as well. Still, Cirno could tell this castle was strange, that something was a bit off about it... She lost interest in merely staring at the castle, and decided to go in for a closer look on impulse.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:55 pm

Sabastian was walking the streets, quite oblivious to the fact that he was in another world. A few people seemed to recognise him, though he didn't know why. The smell of doughnuts came to his nose, and almost on instinct, he followed the path almost as if he didn't know he was. The smell led him to a bakery, which he obliviously walked into, not noticing until he was at the counter. "...Huh? Oh! Err, how much for a doughnut?" He asked casually, trying to cover up the fact that he didn't even know that he was in the bakery a few seconds ago.

----------

Usopp was, as usual, completely freaked out. Hiding behind a dumpster with his strangely long nose resting on the lid, he was sweating bullets. He didn't know where his crewmates were, but he assumed that this was another one of those freaky Grand Line things that Nami had either not bothered to tell him about or somehow didn't know about. Nevertheless, he was very, very scared.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:37 pm

Bakery

“20¢ a donut, two bucks a dozen,” the man at the front counter says, “And the drinks are a dollar.”

Near GM Castle

A wind seems to be blowing against Cirno, trying to push her away. from the castle. The storm cloud seems to be extending outward, toward the town.

News Station

“What’s this? I have just recieved word of new, shocking developments with the castle. Geraldo Grant, you’re on the air.”

Field

“Thank you, this is Geraldo Grant, I am here behind the main lines. As you can see, there is a strange Toon trying to enter the castle. The clouds are coming toward us. I suspect that something terrible might be-”

Villageville

Before Geraldo can finish his sentence, a town-wide power outage occurs. Places such as hospitals, with their backup generators, are still running, but the rest of the town is without power, and the stormcloud is approaching the town.

A bum looks up at the sky. “Yeah, looks like the end of the world, alright.” He looks at Usopp. “Mind if I borrow a buck, man?”

Julian’s House

When the power shuts off, Julian huddles closer to Twippy. “I’m scared.”

Twippy hugs Julian, trying to comfort her.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:03 am
 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next