The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:35 am

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Omega Tier List [Summer 16] 

A list I've been writing for a good minute now [9 days] Finally finished. This is all opinionated so don't get mad if you think I'm wrong. It's personal thoughts. Let us begin.

TOP TIERS| S

:zerosuitsamus: | Zero Suit is heavy as hell on the hits and has an amazing side-b recovery. She has kill confirms and hardly any bad matchups. A bit hard of a decision putting her over MK, but from my expirience and visions, she is the best character in my book.
Notable: Kyoz

:marth: | We already know the deal about me and this n****. The beautiful broken range on aerials, the hitboxes, and the dreaded fsmash that the devs are afraid to nerf because Marth mains will kill them. And before you go "OmegaMac you f*** boy idiot Marth is getting nerfed." No he isn't. He's getting a trade off. Which makes no sense to me, but it's your game.
Notable: SoldierSunday| Mashgawd

:lloyd: | Only reason I put Marth over Lloyd is because Marth has a better recovery. But Lloyd is seriously broken. Like for real. I played a few FFAs with a few friends, and got bodied everytime with every character I attempted to use. When I went Lloyd, I had them both on the ropes and ended up winning. Lloyd is broken. We all know this.
Notable: SuliHyuga

:metaknight: | Before you all say anything in a fiery inferno of rage like you all do nowadays, I put Meta Knight here because I see no results. The only reason I haven't dropped him any lower is because of past experiences with MK. Recently however, I haven't seen squat. I hope you all understand.
Notable: Unknown to Me

:fox: | 20XX. Fox literally is the only other character in this game that gets under my skin. Good foxes are the bane of my existence. They nair and shine and just wont f*** quit it. It's annoying to slow adapting players such as myself. Some of these Fox mains think this is Melee. This isn't Melee my boy. Thank goodness I've adapted to Fox, but oh my gosh, he was total hell to deal with as a newer player.
Notable: Gax| SoldierSunday| Tlord| Zair

:pikachu: | Pikachu is actually a well-rounded character. I don't play many Pikachus, but when I do I usually see great results. Rarely any jank either. Most of the wins are fair. Some of them, I won't discuss, but most are earned wins. Good character here.
Notable: TylerTm

:naruto: | Honestly, I don't hate Naruto. He is just used wrong by the community of horrible players. They usually like to sit back and spam his side-b. The smarter (but still garbage) Narutos like to use their up-b to stun you for a free hit. And if you stay away, they try to use side-b to knock you toward the trap. And I've seen Naruto's potential. It's a shame that he is the scrub go-to option of the community.
Notable: Miracle-7

HIGH TIERS| A

:tails: | Tails isn't with the top tiers because I have a grasp on how to deal with him. He is still a very great character with a well rounded moveset, but he is another scrub go-to option. Usually the scrubs who choose Tails are the people who graduated from Naruto but haven't discovered Lloyd yet. There are many good Tails players, and he gets results, so he is still high in my book.
Notable: RemPrower| Chaos0

:blackmage: | Black Mage is on some termination type s***. I've never seen someone with smash attacks you can charge to turn in to different versions. That was creative as hell. And it wasn't for show either, it can zone the hell out of any fast faller. Very good character.
Notable: Corvid Crow| AxeEnding999

:goku: | If I could put Kaio-Ken Goku in a different category I would. Goku is very well-rounded, but has many jank features. His f-tilt for one. At high percentages the damn thing is way to powerful and quick for even the fastest reacting players to deal with. Then we have Kaio-Ken. I'm not even going to explain Kaio-Ken. We know.
Notable: ProtonicShadow| Mirwaiss

:zelda: | Them f-airs and b-airs. Lord. Zelda is on some next level s*** with those 2 moves. She is also really easy to master, and thank goodness the scrubs haven't gotten to her. Zelda is really good.
Notable: DoqterKirby (might have spelled wrong my b)

:sheik: | In evey tier list, I always put Sheik below Zelda. Sheik is good, and her fair is hard to hit, but if it does, the results are deadly. Many sheiks take tourneys. Main main being Incinerate (great sheik player) Sheik is a good character to play with.
Notable: Incinerate| Miracle-7

:captainfalcon: | Falcon is probably one of the hardest characters to learn. Hardly any low level player can play him efficiently. Id say if you can get one kill on a player of medium difficulty, then you are not bad at all. I've seen a decent amount of Falcons destroy me, all of them being good.
Notable: Starkiller| Rev2Rev| SoldierSunday| Ital Iota| Jammy

:donkeykong: | Easy. Free. No effort. The words most people would use to describe DK. But to me, DK is very hard to master. He is easy to use and get kills with, but he is combo meat, and if you go against a better player, ain't no way you living past 50%. But that f*** super armor. OMG.
Notable: Infamous| 1smash18| PraetoPotato

MID-TIERS|B
:bomberman: | Not much to say about Bomberman other than he is another character you cannot just simply pick up and use efficiently. But when mastered he gives hell to anyone and everyone. And of course his P-Bomb range is broken. Look!

As you can see, it takes up literally a quarter of the stage. I think it's safe to say BBM can remain king of the mid-tiers
Notable: WRXJoey

:ichigo: | Ichigo. The main since the dawn of me finding this game. Usually many people place their main as high as the higher tiers due to them thinking they are good. But to me, Ichigo is in need of a few buffs, and sadly, very few agree with me. But you haven't seen what I've seen. Ichigo cannot kill with his base smash attacks (if I used a c-stick to smash attack) I've had lightweights live to 195 percent, and quite frankly, you wouldn't like it from my end. Ichigo had a large problem with killing. His nair is powerful, but it has to be used frequently, which often dulls the knockback. His b-air is a great kill move, and it's the only move he can use to kill, without taking a split, readable and punishable second. Not many people agree with me when it comes to Ichigo getting buffed, but I fight for my main, just as everyone else does.
Notable: Infamous| Game-Spidr| Traweezie| Xenn

:mario: | Probably the most balanced character in the game, Mario has skills utilized by only players of high level. Yet again, another character who cannot fall into the hands of a rookie, simply due to lack of skill. Mario is very fast on the ground and in the air, with hard hitting smash attacks and potential combo starters. Mario is basically the gateway to freedom when playing for fun, but he needs a lot of tweaking in the buff/nerf department.
Notable: TheRebornBowser

:link: | Link is below Mario, due to link being slower on the ground and not as fast as Mario in the air. But he has great projectiles, which are best in the game in my opinion, due to how directly they can be manipulated. He also has the fastest long range projectiles, making sniping off stage an easy task. A very well designed character after 9a indeed.
Notable: Aegis| Chaos0| Zalosis

:megaman: | Megaman used to be low C in my opinion, but after whooping a** [ and getting my a** whooped] with Megaman I've had second thoughts. Megaman is a zone god. I promise if you could recover after getting hit, he would be at least A tier in my book. His 1 hit recovery takes alot of potential out of him, and it really sucks because he is a good character, but this would be a tolerable trade-off if he were a bit more powerful.
Notable: Unknown to Me

:chibirobo: | This might be just me, but I think Chibi has some really good tools. The longest grab and smash attacks with a stun neutral-b as well as a pocket move? That's really good in my opinion. People were putting Chibi-Robo for worst character, but honestly, I don't think he is in the least bit bad. There are some moves that need buffs [which is happening] and I can see Chibi shooting up in Beta.
Notable: Skailler| Zero Suit User

LOW-TIERS|C {The responses turn from positive to negative past this line}

:yoshi: | Many people like to put Yoshi at high-b or mid-b. I don't see the point of that. Yoshi has no results and NO ONE uses him. I seriously don't understand. Yes he hits hard and yes he's damaging but at what cost? His recovery is his second jump. If he misses that, his up b is an egg that gives a tiny boost upward. That is so punishable it hurts my soul to punish it. I really don't understand Yoshi, but neither does anyone else.
Notable: Is there anyone at all?

:sonic: | Sonic has so much potential man. It's disappointing to see Sonic not getting the results he deserves. I see that Lite2Key is still hard at work with Sonic, but 1 person isn't enough. The other Sonics are just....another story. I've been scarred by the constant spindashes and neutral-bs man. It hurts.
Notable: Lite2Key

:samus: | Samus just needs a bit more power. Every move she has is well designed and the hitboxes are well placed. She just needs more power on them. It's really bad how she can only kill with side-b and d-smash. If you get lucky, you could catch a spike once in a while, but for now I'm just not seeing anything good with her currently.
Notable: Masky| GreeNinja

:ness: | Ness is actually pretty hard hitting and isn't that bad. The reason he is here, however, is his lack of results, on top of not being able to keep up [SLOW AF] Ness is hard for a lot of people to pick up, but is one of the only characters that if you master, you still don't give hell to many players. Ness is actually the only character on the SSF2 roster that I have not been bodied by. I see things for him in Beta, though.
Notable: Appley

:kirby: | I honestly don't want to put any time into talking about Kirby. Only good Kirbys I know are here. Don't ever go searching for a Kirby in the Online Randoms rooms. It's hell man.
Notable: Tlord

:jigglypuff: | Rest. Wall of Pain. And a kill throw. Is there anything else? If so please inform me.
Notable: Tz| Lite2Key| Chaunch

s***|D {Oh hell}

:sora: | Sora is not the worst in the game. Why? Flowmotion. I swear that s*** carries Sora mains to Oblivion. I have a challenge for any Sora main. Try to win a game without neutral-b. Yep. :nod: I went there.
Notable: DSwift| Kazuhito

:wario: | Worst in the game. Like horrible. Side-b is his only friend. And when shielded, it betrays the living s*** out of him. Meh recovery, weak smash attacks, a horrid grab range [D-throw near ledge OP tho at high percents] and waft. I hope he gets super buffed in Beta.
Notable: Doof| Jorrja

Before you angrily bash me:

Today marks 1 year since I joined the forums. You can add that to your complaint about the list. It's been a crazy year here. But I am happy to be a part of it. I enjoy you guys. I really do. That's from the heart I promise. See you all soon.

-Mac

Last edited by MacThe6God on Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:59 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
I think if MUs were considered more this tier list would be very different tbh.
Because theres no way Yoshi is worse than Chibi.

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:07 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
lol

Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:57 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
MacAttack wrote:

:sora: | Sora is not the worst in the game. Why? Flowmotion. I swear that s*** carries Sora mains to Oblivion. I have a challenge for any Sora main. Try to win a game without side-b. Yep. :nod: I went there.
Notable: DSwift| Kazuhito

1) I assumed you meant Side-B, because winning a game without Neutral-B is actually not too hard. The problem with Side-B is that it is one of Sora's best tools in neutral, giving him a mobility option, a command grab, a recovery move and a combo setup. It carries some Sora mains to oblivion. Others bothered to learn the combo game outside of it, but winning a game without Flowmotion is gonna be difficult, especially against pretty much anyone in the top tiers, such as a swordie, who can just keep you away without any effort whatsoever. Flowmotion offers some degree of protection against projectiles due to it's priority, and it's not always the case that you will be able to running powershield. Telling a Sora main to win without Flowmotion would be like telling a Sonic they can't use Spindash for a game. It's possible, but it makes their life a significant bit more difficult

2) Ayy we made notable.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:38 am
BR Member

BurgerKing wrote:
:kirby: | Notable: Tlord

'scuse you

Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:01 am

MacAttack wrote:
Tails isn't with the top tiers because I have a grasp on how to deal with him.

This isn't even a valid point.

Why are anime characters in SSF2

Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:02 am

Counterpick God wrote:
MacAttack wrote:
Tails isn't with the top tiers because I have a grasp on how to deal with him.

This isn't even a valid point.

Did you not see me say this is based around me and what I've seen. Can you read?

Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:14 am

MacAttack wrote:
Did you not see me say this is based around me and what I've seen. Can you read?

Yes I saw and yes I can read. But you shouldn't be biased in a tier list. I'd personally use actual facts, but you do you.

Why are anime characters in SSF2

Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:42 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
Ahem.

I no longer main Zelda.

Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:46 pm
YIM WWW

MGN Username: Game-spidr
Currently Playing: Russian Roulette
Waifu: Spiders
youll go back, the zelda compells all.

Ichigo combo video
YouTube Video:

Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:55 pm

Counterpick God wrote:
MacAttack wrote:

Yes I saw and yes I can read. But you shouldn't be biased in a tier list. I'd personally use actual facts, but you do you.

If I used actual facts, people would just tell me half the s*** i did was wrong

Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:24 am
BR Member

You aren't going to get anywhere if you get so offended anytime someone says something you don't agree with.

Guess what, sometimes when you get called out they have a point. You learn from it. Don't use that as an excuse.

Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:28 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Where's peach?

Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:57 pm

MGN Username: TyranitarLord
Waifu: Pepsi-Man
I AM A NOTABLE FOX

id like to thank my mom, my dad, squirell from anthers, and the discord for helping me reach this far! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:37 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
Sorabotics wrote:
Where's peach?

Peach is irrelevant, so she's not included.

I should pick up Peach.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:16 am
YIM WWW
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next