The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:45 pm

[ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
Superhuman: The Hunt 

OOC: Can we skip Sayo?

Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:05 pm
Site Admin

OOC: Your wish is my command.

Terrence pulled the remaining superhumans up into the back of the truck while others got inside. Hammurabi alerted the lumberjack of the necessity that they left with haste. He nodded and grunted an incoherent reply and turned the keys in the ignition, bringing the truck to life. "Everyone on back there?" he called to those in the back.

"I-I see lights!" exclaimed one of the escapees. Pebbles began floating near the edge of the forest closest to the facility, they spun idly as if held by strings, then suddenly they flew in great numbers towards the truck. Hitting the truck and creating tiny chips in the windshield. The lumberjack shifted the truck into drive and slammed on the gas, speeding out of the driveway and onto a dirt path that ran through the forest. Behind them a boulder heaved itself up from the ground and landed behind them with a loud thud. Shards of rock began to rip up through the ground, chasing them as they sped along the path. The lumberjack pulled a sharp turn to the left into the forest the road was no longer smooth. Stones were sent flying at them again, they struck this time piercing the sides of the truck.

Sabrina shakily stood up while the truck was moving and raised her hands above, just as more rocks were flying into the sky to strike once again. The translucent green energy of her forcefield surrounded the sides and the top of the truck as they raced through the forest, deflecting the assault of the stones. A man came out from the trees, dressed entirely in black in pursuit of them on a floating rock.

"Lucasta!" exclaimed Sabrina "Can you shout or something in other people's mind?" It appeared that none of the superhumans who had the potential to fight the man were either to afraid or didn't bother. The man raised his hand and a large boulder was raised up in front of them. The driver swerved to the right, nearly causing Sabrina to stumble, the forcefield flickered, Terrence held onto her hand with his right hand while his other hand held onto the side of the truck providing stability for the girl.

Huntress laughed "You know the saying you can run but you can't hide? Well with me, you can't do either" she sprinted after the boy with her enhanced speed capabilities. Quickly catching up to him and running along beside him. "Hello there" she said as she ran around in front of him, with her hands out stretched. "What's wrong lightning boy? Too slow?"

Flames erupted wildly, spreading like an uncontrollable fire throughout the clearing. Jason smiled then turned to run just as the flaming tree whooshed over his head, causing him to flip sideways. Diamonte attempted to put out some of the flames with diamond covered feet but to his dismay the flames would not go out for reasons unknown to himself. He saw an agent charge through the flames and he flipped in the opposite direction only to land directly in front of the other agent who had a shield and a sword for arms. He was backed against a tree, and he raised his hands in submission. "Run!" he yelled in one last desperate attempt at the person who had been helping him all along.

In another area of the clearing, where no fire or fighting had touched. A teenager watched the entire scene, her face was riddled with horror at the surrender of Jason. She was dressed entirely in black, and her hair was wavy and black as well, making it seem that only her pale face was a floating head in the darkness of the shadows. She turned towards the forest, hopefully she'd find the person who had helped Jason, she walked by a tree and on the other side she no longer had the same appearance. The girl now had the appearance of an adult agent, dressed in black attire and matching glasses. She walked away from the facility.

Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:38 am

"Oh no you don't, you're running for me." Luther relaxed the flames behind the agents to start start filling the forest with the smoke of the fires, leaving a little room for the pyrotechnic to see a ready-made exit. "Start running, they shouldn't chase after you." They shouldn't think it's safe to run while in a fire, there wouldn't be enough oxygen to exert themselves.

Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:41 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
The smoke rose as Jason surrendered. Well, that didn't make any difference. Instead of wounding the boy, his arm turned in to an implement that most resembled a tuning fork, melting the shield away as he finally slipped Jason's neck between the tool. Any sudden moves and Jason could hurt himself with FUNGUS even doing anything.

"You know, you brought this on yourself," he spoke, "You're lucky we didn't have to hurt you."

Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:39 pm
Site Admin

"Why are you working for them?" coughed Jason, as his eyes watered from all the smoke. The smoke was thick and smothering like a blanket of noxious fumes. Making it difficult to breath or even see a few feet in front of one's self. "They're using you. You're nothing more" The air around Jason heated up while he coughed, the ends of his hair igniting into small flames "Nothing more than a tool...You're a person you deserve...we deserve the right to live how we choose. You're one of us." The other agent who had thrown the tree was now lost in the billowing smoke, while Diamonte who had attempted to put out the fire was caught off guard by the smoke.

Huntress' nostrils flared as the smoke rose up around them, she could still see the outline of the boy thanks to her enhanced vision but she was having slight issues breathing.

Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:28 pm

"I think I can." Lucasta projected to Sabrina. She turned around, and stared at the man, keeping a close eye on his movements. "All I should do is talk to him...." she muttered very silently, completely forgetting about everyone around her. She paused. "GET AWAY FROM MY MIND" she shouted, falling back.
"s***!" Hammurabi exclaimed, catching her as she fell back. "How did she use a Psionic blast again? That only happened once before with the scientists..." He slammed his fist against the truck. "s***, she's out cold now..."

Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:56 pm

(She is faster than I thought she was, But my plan should still work and the smoke should work as a good cover but I should really get out if I do not want to be choked.) Ray thought watching her get in front of him getting ready to grab him, "No problem at all." Ray said smiling as he crouch and then dash forward toward where he last seen legs of the woman with his shoulder in an attempt to knock her down.

Once upon a time... Animals were telling each other jokes all of them laughed except the donkey, And in the next day they found the donkey laughing and when they asked him for the reason he said "I understood yesterday's joke."

Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:13 pm

Currently Playing: Vanquish
OOC: Man I'm late, as usual....Off to Square one, If someone could please fill me in on whats been going on and the location you started out at and where you are now, so I can go back and edit this post.
Jonas walked out into the forest, a cool breeze flew into his his skin.
His mind was focused on a clear memory.

His orders..

He remembered them and played them back in his head like a broken record.

His superior's commands:
"Your orders are simple, and I can tell you will enjoy this." The voice of his commanding officer echoed in his head.
"Capture the fugitive test subjects dead or alive, as long as most of their body remains in tact. Be warned they too are super-humans, much like yourself, but haven't been subjected to the same amound of "special" treatment as you have these last 20 years."

We've sent 3 other agents out to retrieve them, but...as an extra precaution we decided to send out one of our more hidden assets to retrieve what was taken from us."
He continued his orders.
"We don't want people to know about the Super-human project or the location of where it was started, the media can't know about this, So make sure that no information about this place is leaked to local, national, or international sources."
His superior spoke.
"Make sure none of the fugitives speak a word of this to anyone, and make sure that they don't use their powers in a place of public viewing, and one more thing...kill anyone who gets in your way. Understood, Agent Stinger?"

Jonas understood perfectly.
He was given a small computer-like device which contained all the info on his targets
and a cell phone for calling HQ for when he captured his targets so they could extract it from him.

He looked at the ground and began looking for something he could track or pick -up a scent..

Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:49 pm
Site Moderator

"Tools are tools" Wyatt replied, somehow able to hear Jason (though he couldn't say if it was also the other way around). "Or that's how most agents would say" he shrugged.

Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:44 pm

Jonas had picked up a very faint, but clear scent.
It came from some footprints that had been left behind.
He examined them, and his brain quickly analyzed and gave him an answer.

"The foot size is of a adult woman, she was wearing some kind of perfume or scented colonge.."
He thought.

Vision told him that there were other agents tracking super-humans.
He was told that Huntress was a super human with heightend senses of hearing, smell, etc. along with graceful agility.

She was his challenge, but if a hunter knew one thing like Jonas did, it's that if he tracked down Huntress.
He would find what he was looking for.

and if she got in the way..

He would kill her..No questions.

Jonas walked on, following the scent trail.

Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:06 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
The smoke, it started to blanket the area but more importantly, it was starting to affect his breathing. The young pyro boy coughed intermittently as he spoke.

"Why are you working for them? They're using you. You're nothing more, nothing more than a tool...You're a person you deserve...we deserve the right to live how we choose. You're one of us."

"You are mistaken, you are one of us," FUNGUS started as his throat started to dry, "Do you even know what you're doing? Have you even fully thought out the consequences of your actions? Where are you going? Home? Who are you going to see? Family?"

All this talk fully parched his throat and even his respiratory system was sending waves of pain with each laboured breath.

"Now, come along and stay low," FUNGUS nudged the boy, half dragging him towards the entrance of the facility, "The fumes are starting to rise and Vision would rather you be conscious. By the way, to answer why I work for them; well let's just say its partially a family matter and partially my own choice. Rather that fight the system, I work with it. Call me a coward if you want, but at least it beats being society's pariah. Besides, not all agents have to be cruel and callous."

Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:01 am

Dammit. There wasn't much left to do. FUNGUS had captured Jason, and any more happenings couldn't be blamed on other escapees.

Luther took some solace in that his illusion had really fooled the agents - they were hacking and coughing as though the smoke was really smothering them. They wouldn't have passed out from it, but the mere perception of smoke seemed to have pulled up past memories of Jason's accidents. They had associated smoke with lack of air; interesting indeed.

The phenomenon wasn't new to Luther, though. He lived in perception, in the eyes and ears of others. That others perceived him gave Luther his sense of life - or rather, made him doubt his sense of death. Perhaps it wasn't a matter of life or death, but a matter of conciousness and unconciousness. Luther was self-aware, he thought of himself as a human would. He didn't know whether or not this conciousness was tied to a body of living tissue, but he obviously had no need to be tied down to the flesh to be aware.

Luther's caution, however, is what tied him down to this facility for so long. Does conciousness without life exist? He wasn't willing to bet his existance on it, so he gave in to the agency's demands. They altered his ability to morph perception, but they never gave him the sensation of nerve endings. The body is paralyzed, they told him, it can't feel a thing. Surely if it was an able body it could feel pain, surely Luther himself could feel pain.

Luther turned his focus from himself to Jason. He's without cause, he has no real reason to run, only naked wanderlust. His service in exchange for purpose... but first I need him out of here. Luther nestled into a corner of Jason's mind, whispering softly, "I'm not leaving you here. We will escape, one way or another."

Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:40 am

Jona was still walking following the scent trail of Huntress.
As he continued to move the scent grew gradually stronger, so he assumed that he was getting closer to Huntress.
and hopefully, where he found Huntress, he'd find his prey.

He wondered how he would distract Huntress from her target if she had closed in on one of fugitives. He may just have to kill her anyways and claim her death was from on of her targets, or Vision would just see this as a sad loss, but a necessary one if he valued Stinger's services.
He began not to think so much as killing huntress but how he would capture or kill his targets.
Containing or restraining them would more difficult than killing them..but Vision wanted their bodies in tact.

A clean kill, so to speak.
As he walked, he moved his fingers up and down as if he was ready to kill and was very, very trigger happy to do so.
He wanted carvehis claws into something, his instinct to kill was strong. He thought of many ways to cleanly kill his victims, he'd aim right behind their head, near the point where the spinal cord connects to brain, causing paralysis or death quickly so little pain would be felt, or maybe launching a stinger in his prey's jugular, so they would either die of suffocation from the blood being able to flow to the head, and if they removed the spike from their neck. They would surely die of blood loss, as their blood would gush like an active geyser, painting the ground a crimson red.

The scent continued to get stronger, Stinger knew he closing in.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:05 pm
Site Admin

Jason despised the agents so ready and willing to be treated as nothing more than a tool a drill or saw to be thrown away as soon as it grew dull, that's what was going to happen to all of them when their worth ran out. Jason, not accustomed to powers of the mind was slightly shocked when he heard the voice of the illusionist. He wondered to himself, thinking if the illusionist was also a telepath. He didn't think it would be wise to reply out loud so he thought "loudly" inside his mind. "Umm....thanks" he thought to the mysterious person.

The bright rays of the rising sun pierced through the fading fog allowing them to take Jason back to the facility. They led him down dark hallways, many he had passed before without wondering about the prisoners who were trapped behind their walls. He realized that he had a lot to be thankful for, his life was so much better off...though it was not true freedom. He was thrown into a dark room, where Vision sat puffing on a cigar as usual. Vision looked down at the boy coldly. He pressed a button and two other agents took Jason from FUNGUS and Wyatt leading him elsewhere.

"You did much better than I would have expected" he said while letting a cloud of smoke slip through his lips. "However one superhuman captured will not solve this problem." He paused then pressed an intercom button "Agent 00976, get Dr. Kuru here immediately" He motioned towards chairs that surrounded his silver desk, "Sit down" he commanded.

Within the darkened room where Dr. Kuru conducted many of his vile experiments as well as lived in, the intercom light in the room flickered from a dark red to a bright green. A woman's voice spoke "Dr. Kuru you are requested in Vision's office for discussion on the capture of the superhumans"

The thick smoke was now clearing as quickly as it had appeared, the boy now stood before Huntress. However her attention was elsewhere, there was an odd scent in the air, a threatening sense came along with this. She smiled, turning her attention from the boy, "My oh my, is someone attempting to make the Huntress, the hunted?" she called out. She rested both of her hands on her hips and her sharpened nails drummed on her leather pants, while she waited for the intruder.

Sabrina watched as suddenly the man fell unconscious, bringing all the stones as well as the one he was floating on to the ground with a thud. Sabrina let the forcefield fall once she was sure the threat was subdued. She poked her head into where Hammurabi and Lucasta sat with a cheery smile, only to be changed to a look of concern when she saw the condition of the girl. "Oh my goodness! What happened to her?" she exclaimed. The truck continued to travel steadily onwards travelling at breakneck speeds one should never attempt while on the rugged path in the forest.

"We should be approaching the city in a few hours now" said the still nameless lumberjack "I took the path that made it seem like we were going to be going to one of the other towns, just to be safe"

"Thank you" said Terrence sincerely.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:52 pm

Jona's was very close now, the scent was strong.
He extended his claws to a foot long, ready to kill...
Then in the air, another scent?

Father off yes, but the smell of diesel like that was given off by a truck.
Then, The sound of an engine down a rugged forest road. He took his mind off Huntress's for a second, and focused his attention on the sound of the truck.

It was going fast, but why?
Why would a truck be going so quick in forest passsge where it would be risky to drive through it in the first place?
Stinger decided to take off his on Huntress and put his sights on the fast moving vehicle. He had a distinct feeling to check it out but, he had to be quick the truck was moving fast towards him. He did not want to lose the truck.
He jumped high atop the trees, and waited...until the truck was soon in his sights.
He made out a few figures, then reconized the faces of Sabrina, Hammurabi, and Lucasta with some other man.
He wanted them unmarred, so shooting the driver was out of the question, if he didn't want to make them crash into one othe tree's and tear and smash them to bits.
He decided to try a different way...

One of his stinger appendenges slowly came from the collar of his trench coat.
He aimed for Sabrina's shoulder.
The truck moved closer..

"Target locked"..said Black Stinger, like a computer as he fired his pin-missle at the truck's front window, the stinger flew fast through the air, dead-set on hitting it's targets...

Last edited by King of Squids on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:13 pm
 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next