The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:36 pm

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
FTK's Sprite Gallery. Broly and Sora added. 

Broly is pretty f8cking sweet considering I hate the character, I'm not a big fan of Sora though. I personally think you should try and animate Broly because you have some serious skills bro just really small shading problems (His belt/sash/thing doesn't create a shadow on his pants). I seriously wouldn't doubt you being considered for a dev. position if you can animate properly because they happen to be needing spriters (from what I hear.) but of course you may not want to help out SSF2 =p

either way try and animate Broly and see how it goes.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:44 am

Dat Broly. MMM.
That's amazing. :D There are some issues. The darkest shade on the pants is quite large- doens't seem to need to be. His left bicep is a bit squished/skewed.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:03 pm

Thanks for the criticism guys. Really appreciate it.

I'll try thy trick with the keyblade and see if it works. I'll also fix up that right arm and try make it curve more.

As for Broly I'll lighten up that dark shade on the pants, I'll go with grey instead of that deep blue and I'll try unsquish the bicep haha

As for animating him, that'd be a pain. It's such a big sprite. I'll animate the next sprite I do.

How many devs. are there? I know about SSF2 but don't know the details of the project. Anyone mind informing me? I wouldn't mind being apart of the project. I'd actually have a reason to sprite instead of just opening up paint and doodling away.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:26 am

F.T.K wrote:

I'll try thy trick with the keyblade and see if it works. I'll also fix up that right arm and try make it curve more.

As for Broly I'll lighten up that dark shade on the pants, I'll go with grey instead of that deep blue and I'll try unsquish the bicep haha

As for animating him, that'd be a pain. It's such a big sprite. I'll animate the next sprite I do.

How many devs. are there? I know about SSF2 but don't know the details of the project. Anyone mind informing me? I wouldn't mind being apart of the project. I'd actually have a reason to sprite instead of just opening up paint and doodling away.

Well I suggest for now just proving your skill, Cleod wont make anyone Developer because you have to proove your skill. This involves animation capabilities because people can't always babysit you, I'm also not sure about the specifics but I'm sure that if you flaunt your skill here for awhile another Dev will take notice and suggest you. This is how a couple devs go it (ElvisDitto and PixelBoy to name).

Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:35 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
G0L3M‼ wrote:
F.T.K wrote:

Well I suggest for now just proving your skill, Cleod wont make anyone Developer because you have to proove your skill. This involves animation capabilities because people can't always babysit you, I'm also not sure about the specifics but I'm sure that if you flaunt your skill here for awhile another Dev will take notice and suggest you. This is how a couple devs go it (ElvisDitto and PixelBoy to name).

I believe ED got in for other stuff.

Anyway, allow me to introduce myself, name's Damian. I'm one of the spriters of the SSF2 project. If you'd like to join the team, PM me your sprite portofolio, so we can discuss your chances from there. I can also give you critique and tips if you'd like.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:53 am

Damian wrote:
G0L3M‼ wrote:
F.T.K wrote:

I believe ED got in for other stuff.

Anyway, allow me to introduce myself, name's Damian. I'm one of the spriters of the SSF2 project. If you'd like to join the team, PM me your sprite portofolio, so we can discuss your chances from there. I can also give you critique and tips if you'd like.

How often do sprites have to be made? Is there a certain deadline?

I'll keep spriting and posting around the board before I consider joining. I'm an admin on another spriting site that's about to die so I thought I'd come back here and see what this site's getting up to. And by all means yes, I'd love some critiquing and tips.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:12 am

Currently Playing: Ball Breaker with your sister. it's a real game...
dude I love the sprites. oh yeah criting forgot about that due to the awesomeness of Broly. Sora right arm seem dislocated. and his head is way to big. matter of fact sora doesn't even have a neck? :headbang:

I wanna anime broly. can I do that?

Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:24 pm

luckycrime wrote:
dude I love the sprites. oh yeah criting forgot about that due to the awesomeness of Broly. Sora right arm seem dislocated. and his head is way to big. matter of fact sora doesn't even have a neck? :headbang:

I wanna anime broly. can I do that?

I think you mean animate, and ahh, sure. Don't really know your spriting level and your comment in your sig is making me second guess myself :s
Good luck though.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:43 pm
 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2