The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:04 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Time/Date tags???? 
Site Admin

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves :sweat:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:01 pm

Cleod9 wrote:
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves :sweat:

I meant, maybe not everything, and for sure not at once... but you know, my ideas are always complicated, that's maybe why I can't ever finish whatever I start :sweat:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:05 pm

So, any news, I just remembered about that and tried to have new ideas, but I couldn't get much out of my head.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:26 pm
Site Admin

Green wrote:
So, any news, I just remembered about that and tried to have new ideas, but I couldn't get much out of my head.

Sorry, main focus is SSF2 stuff now. But it does look like this is possible just so you know. I can see if I can get a prototype working

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:47 pm

Cleod9 wrote:
Green wrote:

Sorry, main focus is SSF2 stuff now. But it does look like this is possible just so you know. I can see if I can get a prototype working

Okay, I understand. I do know some of PHP but I don't know anything about PHPHBB (in case it is much different), so besides what I said I can't help much.

By the way, regarding SSF2, since you are here, do you remember that language thing I asked you (and I used a garage/shop metaphor kind of thing to explain it better)? Like, still holding that in mind? If no, then no problem either.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:14 pm
Site Admin

Green wrote:
Okay, I understand. I do know some of PHP but I don't know anything about PHPHBB (in case it is much different), so besides what I said I can't help much.

By the way, regarding SSF2, since you are here, do you remember that language thing I asked you (and I used a garage/shop metaphor kind of thing to explain it better)? Like, still holding that in mind? If no, then no problem either.

I don't remember the metaphor, but adding language support to the game is the last thing on my mind right now since it would be difficult to manage.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:13 pm

Cleod9 wrote:
Green wrote:

I don't remember the metaphor, but adding language support to the game is the last thing on my mind right now since it would be difficult to manage.

Ok, just checking.
In fact, it would have been easier to put all text and images containing text in a file (or something similar), so it could be translated, if it was made since the begining, now it would be a lot harder.
But well, at least you still have the idea far deep in the corners of your mind.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:45 pm

Currently Playing: UNIST
Green wrote:
Cleod9 wrote:
Green wrote:

Ok, just checking.
In fact, it would have been easier to put all text and images containing text in a file (or something similar), so it could be translated, if it was made since the begining, now it would be a lot harder.
But well, at least you still have the idea far deep in the corners of your mind.

This would be difficult, no?
After all, that's like taking the box art of a game and attempting to photoshop it so it's Spanish.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:02 am
YIM

Tyli-Amuwau wrote:
After all, that's like taking the box art of a game and attempting to photoshop it so it's Spanish.

I'm not sure, but I guess you're being sarcastic, because neither are difficult. Either way, allow me to explain: it would have been easier (not easier as in being not-hard, but easier as in being simplier, less time-consuming) if it was being done since the beggining. Creating a new file, remembering/looking for which stuff contains text, grouping them togheter, putting in that said file while assembling them to their right places may not be strictly hard, but is boring, confusing, complicated, time-consuming, tiring.

Now, reading your post again and interpreting it in a different manner, still not, at least not for me, and not if we have the right fonts/original background (which we do), and I can make fonts (not that easy to actually put it on a computer, but I usually draw them in a sketch book and see what I can do) or simply redraw the text.

But that would be a matter for another topic...

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:29 am
Site Admin

Green wrote:
Tyli-Amuwau wrote:

I'm not sure, but I guess you're being sarcastic, because neither are difficult. Either way, allow me to explain: it would have been easier (not easier as in being not-hard, but easier as in being simplier, less time-consuming) if it was being done since the beggining. Creating a new file, remembering/looking for which stuff contains text, grouping them togheter, putting in that said file while assembling them to their right places may not be strictly hard, but is boring, confusing, complicated, time-consuming, tiring.

Now, reading your post again and interpreting it in a different manner, still not, at least not for me, and not if we have the right fonts/original background (which we do), and I can make fonts (not that easy to actually put it on a computer, but I usually draw them in a sketch book and see what I can do) or simply redraw the text.

But that would be a matter for another topic...

Yeah, not the right topic for this guys. I'll update it after I take a shot at the time/date tag

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:09 pm

Cleod9 wrote:
Yeah, not the right topic for this guys. I'll update it after I take a shot at the time/date tag

Update what? And hey, cool. And yeah, I know. This might be discussed afterwards in a proper topic if certain conditions are accomplished...

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:52 pm
Site Admin

Green wrote:
Cleod9 wrote:

Update what? And hey, cool. And yeah, I know. This might be discussed afterwards in a proper topic if certain conditions are accomplished...

I meant I'll update this topic to let you know if it works

:lock:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:37 pm
 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2