The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:24 pm

[ 11 posts ] 
Reimu's Pixel Art 

I have sprites from being bored so I'll just dump them here. I'll update this thread whenever probably, maybe. This thread will probably be filled with sprites of people. Criticism would be helpful. I'm just so lonely in my art thread

Older stuff: show
Reimu that I sprited a while ago that has noticeable mistakes that I won't end up fixing

Robin (that was crudely made) in ssf2 style-ish I don't know, I gave up on the sword and trying shade the coat

Brawl Wario in ssf2 style which I tried to mimic the reference real hard

Sujin, the mc of the manhwa Socks Goblin which I am really fond of (and the english tl's never update ;~;) which I tried referencing a panel

↓ Random person stretching her shoulder

Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:52 pm

I tried making Momo Yaoyorozu from Boku no Hero Academia except I stopped at the neck area. I think she turned out rather masculine and the face line got too thick. I was testing anti aliasing but then realized I had no idea what I was doing so I just stopped.

Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:58 am

Waifu: zero suit wario
I like your style.
Reminds me of the GBA, for some reason

Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:23 pm

PioneerPeaco-ck wrote:
I like your style.
Reminds me of the GBA, for some reason

Thanks and I have no idea why it looks like gba. Maybe the dark outlines, I don't know.

Well this was the result of the stream thing. I have learned that still can't anti ailas and that I shouldn't sprite on a small canvas when the plan was a bigger sketch. That or come up with better plans and don't sleep at 7 am. I should probably also stylize heads when they're on smaller canvases or on any canvas since they probably look better in pixel art than what I just did.

exactly I feel right now ↓ (and that strand of hair looks awkard af)

Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:46 am

Here's Mei from Overwatch because she's super cool (no pun intended). I need to figure out how to make poofier faces and am still trying to figure out the anti-aliasing thing.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:14 am

Made Peach
Right side, slightly more SSF2 styled colouring of Peach

: show

Left Peach looks very faded next to right Peach ;~;

Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:29 pm

MGN Username: Micbro
Currently Playing: Super Smash Brothers for 3ds, Super Smash Flash 2, Kid Icarus Uprising (after game stuff)
Your robin looks near completion and your wario looks a little unleveled. Good job overall!

Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:36 pm

Well here's Rosalina mostly trying to match reference. Her head was supposed to be slightly more tilted along with her crown but I'm lazy. Her crown looks like crap, help fix it? Her expression is supposed to be slightly different and I couldn't get the eye to look right matching reference expression. Right hand looks funny, I'll fix that later, or not.

: show

I should not sprite so late especially when I have stuff to do tomorrow.

Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:27 am

I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to bump my own thread if I'm updating it

anime was a mistake: show
here's an idle animation of Chitoge from Nisekoi; I'm basically taking a joke too far
I think the swingy arm looks sort of awkward due to the exaggeration in the motion, while not making it flow like it's swing backwards too

Here's a process gif that I compiled from the duplicate layers that I didn't delete in case I wanted to go back while I was making the sprite below. I'll go through what I was thinking at each step (or at least what I think I was thinking):
1. Trying to find a pose since I have no idea how she would pose
2. That other pose was really awkward, maybe I'll try shrinking the eyes to see if it works
3. Although mouths in anime are line coloured, I think it's better if I stray away from it since it's too thick; makes it look awkward. Those eyes were really awkward too, better change em back.
4. I don't feel like she would do the previous stance since it looks both awkward, and she's really casual looking. That and the leg was not posed in the right way.
5. A ton of colour balancing and then outlining the hair since it looked better w/ outlines. Hand got posed so that it's more real although it may look more awkward.
6. Pony tail is not supposed to be that high, there's supposed to be some hair that goes near the shoulder, body parts posed in a way to make animation flow better, some minor colour balancing

This is the second last image of the process, basically it was made before the idle animation as a still image. I think it looks better than the image used in the animation (although less accurate) as a still.

this was made because I felt like I didn't have enough stuff for an update, but I wanted to put Chitoge somewhere
it's faceless because I think it has too small of a head to add details to it w/out making it look bad

bonus image of another Wii Fit trainer that was made a couple months ago, but scrapped due to it looking weird and inaccurate/too not Wii Fit Trainer like

So I ended up making Chitoge ssf2 sized as a joke for Proto and Joey(?) (even though they probably don't want it and never really asked for it) and wanted to put it somewhere. How it lead to this was basically the joke of how ssf2 only adds chars from Nintendo games, so since Chitoge is a skin in Mario Maker, this would make her roster viable (and this idea was floated many times). Anyways, that was a pretty s*** joke (especially since Chitoge is like near if not worst girl out of all the girls; Tachibana best girl), but I finally got around to doing something. I haven't done a lot of animation (the last that I did was a while way back) so that idle animation, being three frames, was painful. With that said, I think I got spriting out of my system for a while so I'll probably draw if I were to update one of my art topics next, but who knows.

Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:07 pm

Waifu: Yume
Even though your taste in best girls is flawed im happy you did this, its super cute and the colors are solid. Shine should be happy lol, good job Reimu.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:17 am

Proto completely ignores my forum post about wanting to draw instead of pixel arting and was like, "hey, make a Chitoge portrait too!", and then proceeds to beat me up in ssf2 (so considerate). To add, I feel really dead rn because I ran through this in one go when I probably should've slept. I'm most prob def going to draw next and probs no more Chitoge unless I have incentive to do so.

Chitoge again: show
Colours changed here and there, but relatively sort of the same palette-ish. Notable thing is that the hair got darker for less skin blend and more emphasis. I def got the angle of the ref wrong ;~;

the used reference: show

TS wrote:
Even though your taste in best girls is flawed im happy you did this, its super cute and the colors are solid. Shine should be happy lol, good job Reimu.

Chitoge is like too cannon it hurts and that's why I'd have been happy w/ any other girl besides her (except like Tachibana #1). I think my colours got slightly better but I think some of the colours were wrong value wise, especially the hair since it blended w/ the skin too much (hair needed to be darker).

minor edit:
Edits were made to both the Chitoge portrait and the idle anim around a day or two after the portrait was finished, but I didn't bother posting them since I didn't want to bump the thread. Since it seems like I won't get around to feeling like making more pixel art any time soon, I figured I'll just post them in an edit. If anyone sees this edit and feels like replying, I'd discourage bumping the thread, tyvm.

idle anim: show
yes, I am fully aware that I didn't fully fix her leg problem, but I gave up so yeah

portrait: show

Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:19 am
 [ 11 posts ]