The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:36 pm

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
MG Micro Mafia 1: 5P Venge (Mafia Victory) 

MGN Username: Corvid_Crow
Currently Playing: With nice hens out there...
Im going to pull out for a bit and rethink
Unvote

:ichigo: :gameandwatch: :isaac: :bowser: :luigi: :lloyd: :chibirobo: :bomberman: :metaknight: :megaman: :donkeykong: :sonic: :samus: Image Image

Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:59 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
That went south quickly.

Predominantly, I changed my vote because of this.
Kittenpuncher wrote:
oops I meant to vote for mage

Essentially making this a 4-1 vs Mage.

By, my best defence that I can do is claim:

My role is "Vanilla Townie"
My ability is "Vengekill". Despite the rule being that you can only Vengekill on Turn 1, the wording of my role dictates that "If and when I am lynched" I can do a vengekill

This basically will result in me being lynched either way. I'll provide my list of outcomes.

1. I get lynched now, someone else dies.

Good chance I accidentally kill a Town member and get us onto LyLo

2. I don't get lynched now, two other people die.

Probably will get lynched next turn, by which I can vengekill the other one.

3. I get vengekilled.

We get onto LyLo, and we lose a free second vengekill.

4. I get lynched next turn, we get another vengekill.

We probably win.

So basically, my defence is that if you keep me alive, and I don't get vengekilled, I can almost certainly guarantee a town victory.

Course, it's likely the Mafia members will likely use there vote if they haven't already and I have a good idea who they may be

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:08 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
Votecount 1.2
Voting mage-194, TSF|Corvid, YoshisWoolyWorld(LYNCH)
Voting 194-kittenpuncher
Voting No Lynch-mage
With 5 alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.
The deadline is on the 9th of October, 9:44pm at UTC-5.

A lynch has been reached. Stand by for lynch scene.

His cries only fell on deaf ears as he was dragged up to the stand and declared guilty of treason against the town. Knowing that his time will soon be up, he drew his gun, aimed it....

mage has been lynched Day 1: he was a Vanilla Townie. mage, you have 24 hours from the start of this post to choose your target. Please choose your target by writing Vengekill: [TARGET] in thread.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:35 pm

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
Vengekill: 194

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

Click to expand thumbnail
kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:35 am

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
He took aim and shot. The crash, the bleed, and then his own mind went black.

Alas, it is all lost. The town is done for. The mafia now have free rein over the town.

194 has been vengekilled Day 1. He was a Vanilla Townie.

YoshisWoolyWorld has been endgamed Day 1. He was a Vanilla Townie.

The mafia of TSF|Corvid (Godfather) and Kittenpuncher (Goon) are victorious! Mod thoughts are incoming later. Info dump is here if anyone wants it.

EDIT:
Overall Game Collected Thoughts
Essentially this game ended way too quickly, and didn’t have time to because people weren’t paying enough attention to the state of the game. People were too busy trying to play their own game in a vacuum when in reality mafia is a game working off other people’s tells and other people’s ideas: a great mafia game is a test of psychology at its core. Also, a bit more explanation in posts would be nice, which definitely increases the pace of the game.
Overall, especially after the quickhammer things started to pick up really well though-thought there was a lot more composure and thought behind people’s actions. I for one am fairly impressed, considering I made far more mistakes when I first started: hope you all continue to play the game in the future.
~~~~
Individual Thoughts (on everyone except 194)
Wooly:You show immense interest in this game, which is always great. Proactivity is an excellent town trait, and here's hoping that in every game in the future you continue to take this attitude towards it. However, you need to be a bit more patient and pay a bit more attention to the game: your quickhammer was a decisive point in the mafia victory.
mage: Again, I like the proactivity in voting No Lynch, but explain yourself a bit further. Other than that I pretty much would say the same thing I said about Corvid: play a bit more actively and think more about other people in the setup.
TSF|Corvid: That was a particularly passive game: play a bit more actively. Suppose I can't fault you since the town did blow up, but against better opposition you need to be more involved, especially since as games go on people are more likely to call our lurkers.
Kittenpuncher: Really like the 194 reaction vote, which shows good willingness to take risks. Game was ultimately too short, which was a shame, but I thought you did well given the time the game lasted.
~~~~
Re: the next micro game
I think this series of game would benefit heavily from a slightly more imbalanced proportion; if I were to run this game again I would have two experienced players and three relatively newer ones. However, to prevent things from becoming stale I'll be hosting next one of my favourite (if not my favourite) open setups of all time: Less Pressure. It's nightless again, which I definitely think is a lot better to get a good grasp of key day concepts, but also ends fairly quickly, which is nice as well. It is slightly larger, so the split this time will be 4-4, though that of course is subject to change.
~~~~
Re: Skype chat
If any of you are not added to the MG Mafia Skype chat and want to be (it's pretty fun), PM me with your Skype info and I'll get you sorted ASAP.

I will be posting my ideas for the next main game in the actual thread.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Last edited by Terra on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:23 am

MGN Username: Corvid_Crow
Currently Playing: With nice hens out there...
yeyyy

:ichigo: :gameandwatch: :isaac: :bowser: :luigi: :lloyd: :chibirobo: :bomberman: :metaknight: :megaman: :donkeykong: :sonic: :samus: Image Image

Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:26 am

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
I kept a diary with my thoughts on the game:
http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/5WRSUFAV433T

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:23 pm
 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4