The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:52 pm

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Universally acceptable improvements! now for 1.2.1.1 BETA! 

Do you agree with ALL of the suggestions in the first post?
Yes! 89%  89%  [ 17 ]
No (post why below so I can update first post, then re-vote) 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 19

Universally acceptable improvements! now for 1.2.1.1 BETA! 

MGN Username: Knuckles for SSF2
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
I'd also like an option to give yourself damage to make Lucario easier to test death percents and the like/

Ultimate Secondaries: Toon Link, R.O.B. Richter, Roy, King K Rool, Lucas

Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:55 pm

MGN Username: MuzammilRazvi
Currently Playing: SSF2
Nice ideas CraftGMC and BandanaDeeMain! I updated the original post to include the suggestions :D

Anyone else can think of a quick and simple fix that can improve the game even a little bit? Something that shouldn't take long to code but improves user experience!

Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:50 pm

MGN Username: MegucoRepi
How about fixing the game ledges? There are just too much SD's because of them

Pockets: :jigglypuff: :tails: :metaknight: :peach: :naruto: :sora: :kirby: :sheik: :sonic: :wario: :bowser: :ichigo: :mario: :fox: :falco: :bandanadee: :pacman: :luffy: :goku: :isaac: :lloyd: :pikachu: :pichu: :lucario:

Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:22 am

LeafarTrinitski I agree the ledges can definitely be very frustrating. So many times I've either slipped past a ledge to my doom, or upB'd only to get stuck on some invisible corner >_< Do you have a quick and simple fix for this that would be easy to code and test? Or are you proposing changes to specific stages? Either way, any changes to ledges would probably require a lot of character testing as well as rebalancing as some characters are more affected than others by either getting screwed by the ledges or by their edgeguarding methods. So it may be a little out of the scope of this thread which is focusing on things that would be very quick to implement. I could be overthinking it though, any thoughts?

Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:45 pm

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
LeafarTrinitski wrote:

This. I kinda hate they fail to detect you frame and basically fall to your doom. Doing it kinda like Ultimate's ledge system?

Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:40 pm

MGN Username: MGoku9
Currently Playing: SSF2, Crash Tag Team Racing, Dragon Ball Budokai 2
Making an in-game chat (where you can type whatever you want) work could be impossible tbh, imagine all the 11-year olds being toxic and stuff.
Maybe if it had set messages like RoA? "You're good!", "Nice", "gg", "That was lucky!", or something.

I am the base for Event #11: Laagggggg

== SSF2 ==
Flash Card #10

RIP Forums. Hope you're having a good day, though! Unless you main Marth /s.

Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:23 pm

Byllant wrote:
LeafarTrinitski wrote:

This. I kinda hate they fail to detect you frame and basically fall to your doom. Doing it kinda like Ultimate's ledge system?

Basically it. This is the most pointed problem of the game by the community recently and the same goes for when pros try it, and it is by far what creates most of the SD's cases of the game, characters like Mario, Sora, Black Mage, Zelda, Marth and others are doomed even in stages like final destination.

Pockets: :jigglypuff: :tails: :metaknight: :peach: :naruto: :sora: :kirby: :sheik: :sonic: :wario: :bowser: :ichigo: :mario: :fox: :falco: :bandanadee: :pacman: :luffy: :goku: :isaac: :lloyd: :pikachu: :pichu: :lucario:

Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:13 am

MedK you are absolutely correct in order to have any form of in game communication you need to have a plan in place to deal with the toxic elements that can come with it. Currently we do have a lot of that toxic speech in the community, its simply isolated to the chat rooms like the official Mcleod Discord or Anther's Ladder. However having to switch back and forth between the game and these services is annoying as well and can hamper the community growth in a different way.

Maybe finding a happy middle-ground solution can solve both problems? For example, maybe make chat available only to those who have added each other as friends? Or after a certain number of matches? Or similar to your suggestion have it like Brawl and attach preset tags to different taunts? The emoji idea is a good starting point though I would like to be able to have a regular conversation somehow as well. I'm not familiar with how ROA does the communication thing, can you expand on that?

On that note, how do other multiplayer games successfully handle chatting? Be it other fighters, or even MMOs, Real-time Strategy, FPS'S, or MOBAs, which systems seem to work well? And more specifically which would be easy enough to implement and which could potentially be ready within the next update or 2?

Byllant and LeafarTrinitski I agree with you about fixing ledges but I think you missed the point of this thread for quick fixes. For example with a little bit of coding experience implementing chatting shouldnt be too difficult.
1)take an input message from player 1
Then
2)Display said input to player 2
Granted there is more to it than that, but shouldnt take weeks of testing.

Now to fix ledges youd have to test each stage with every character and using different recovery methods as well as different angles. Not to mention balance testing. You can imagine thats a huge number of test cases to go through. And what might be forgiving enough ledge grabbing for 1 person may be too dumbed down for another. Also, can you provide specifically what you want changed about the ledges? Ex: make the radius around ledges in general be 5 pixels larger for the grab box.

Lastly, whoever voted no in the poll, please follow up with a post as to what exactly you would like removed from the list or how youd like it changed, so I can update original post accordingly. Thanks all!

Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:42 pm

I'm ok with ledge hogging being in the game.

Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:16 pm

BandanaDeeMain wrote:
I'm ok with ledge hogging being in the game.

That was really not the topic of the discussion lol

Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:42 am

Yes it is. the ledge mechanics involve edgehogging, and they were saying to change the mechanics to the ones from Ultimate, aka ledge trumps.

Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:25 am

Hmm I think the confusion might be around there are 2 different differences being discussing, #1 is how difficult it is to grab a ledge when there is no one else near it, but #2 is about grabbing the ledge when someone is either on it currently or has just recently rolled off.

So maybe clarifying specifically what the recommended change is may help the discussion?
It seems like any changes to either #1 or #2 may not be universally acceptable by the way the discussion is going, but what are the common grounds?

Also trying to get back to the original topic, any thoughts on the "General Settings Improvements" from the first post? Can we all agree at least on those?

Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:42 am

1 is ok by me, the ledge is kinda annoying to grab.
But 2... yeah we aren't dropping edgehogging. It varies tactics for edgeguarding and makes you have to think about how you will recover

Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:00 am

Yeah, I agree only with the number 1, it looks more like a fix than a change, specially on final destination and smashville, but those changes could also be applied to battlefield and the waiting room as well, even though it's true it wouldn't be very simple.
And yes, I agree with the first post improvements.

Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:34 am

Ok cool, so it seems people do agree with #1 and fixing grabbing ledges!

And thanks for feedback on approval for the other improvements!

Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:35 am
 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2