The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:07 pm

[ 7 posts ] 
Online mode has major problems. 

Online mode is SSF2 is great and all, but a few glaring issues make it very unenjoyable at times.

1. When we join a room, and are waiting for the host to accept the request, we should be able to go back to the room list directly, not have to reload the entire game just because of it. If the host is inactive, we are stuck at a loading screen, and its annoying to load the entire game just because of it.

2. When we have joined the room, and are waiting for the host to select a character and a stage, we should have the option to return to the room list. Same reasons listed above.

3. When we host a room, and we select a character and a stage, we should be able to return to the character and stage select screens, in case we made a mistake in clicking or decision. Don't make us reload the game and quit the room.

Overall, online mode is missing features to basically go back or return, which makes it slow, tedious, and just discouraging to reload the game over and over again if these things happen. By simply just adding a "return" feature, online mode will be much quicker, efficient, and maneuverable, which is something I'm sure no one is against.

Also, I might not be aware if there is actually a return feature. If there is, let me know.

Transcendence is the richness of complexity, and of us. Sharing is a constant. Do not let it confront the birth of your mission.

We are at a crossroads of serenity and suffering. Our conversations with other mystics have led to an unfolding of supra-conscious consciousness. Reality has always been full of warriors whose hearts are opened by will."

This is all nonsense.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:01 pm

MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, SIFAS
Waifu: Hanamaru Kunikida
not sure about 1 and 2
but definitely agree with 3.

somewhat often, i wanted to select waiting room, but "accidentally" selected metal cavern or bowser's castle >:C

Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:52 am
YIM WWW

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
1 is definitely a huge problem. We have no way of knowing if the room we're joining has an AFK host so we have to sit there until either they accept/deny or we have to restart. It really gets on my nerves!

An alternate way of solving this would be to auto-deny join requests after a little while. (5-10 seconds maybe?)

And another thing, there should be a notification sound if someone tries to join your room. That way you can know someone's trying to join if you have the game minimized.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:11 am
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
I agree that Online needs a lot of work. However we can't work on everything at once :( hopefully the pressing issues are all resolved in the next patch so we can get the ball rolling on some overdue changes.

Sonario wrote:
And another thing, there should be a notification sound if someone tries to join your room. That way you can know someone's trying to join if you have the game minimized.

There is one already.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:27 am

Currently Playing: ssf2
You're right.
All i got to say.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:46 pm

MGN Username: -CJ-
Currently Playing: Risk of Rain, Toribash, and of course SSF2
Waifu: Sandwiches
tson wrote:
"...so we can get the ball rolling..."

Smash ball confirmed

To all you Luigi mains (and others), come on over to Luigi's Mansion! The FA official Luigi discord: https://discord.gg/3hp8e9a

The Filthy Casuals crew discord: https://discord.gg/dVxVham
^A crew all about improvement and growth, I host tournaments at least once a month in this server^.

Speaking of tournaments! ->: https://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtop ... 29&t=46713

Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:37 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
tson wrote:
Sonario wrote:

There is one already.

Ah thank you. That should make hosting a lot less boring.
(We are talking about the next patch right? Because I hear no sound in my game. I have to stare at the screen to avoid making players get stuck.)

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:53 pm
 [ 7 posts ]