The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:37 pm

[ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Super Mario RPG Mini Mafia [Night 1] 

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
Lucina wrote:
It depends. I usually sit back and weigh things before posting; it just makes my posts more useful. It's better than "I'm posting just to stay active blah blah." Those are my least favorite kind of posts. I do find excessive lurking suspicious, though.

Depending on how my top scum reads react to it, maybe.

Now I have a question: How do you feel about Arthur wanting to be replaced? I find it a bit strange, personally.

@Nixter: Is that really how you feel about lurking or is it just because it's what we want to hear?

I think Arthur is being entirely honest. Scum tend to replace out if they're under pressure and he's not under any as of this post, so I do think that he's not joking around.

@Nixter: I agree with Lucina's point, although I have another question to ask.
Agreeing with other people's posts or generally accepted opinions is another form of lurking: in fact, iirc it's called Active Lurking. Who is your top town-read/scum-read and why?

Forming some good reads right now, but keeping them a secret for further observation.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Fri May 03, 2013 10:30 pm

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Nothing much has happened right now, I have no reads as of right now

Fri May 03, 2013 10:33 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Why are you hiding your reads this early in the game?
There's literally no reason to

AMA

Fri May 03, 2013 10:41 pm

TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Why are you hiding your reads this early in the game?
There's literally no reason to

My reads are based on reactions: if I let them know specifically what reactions, I won't be allowed to use it later on, as the scum would specifically avoid doing what I call scummy.

Besides, imo earlygame is where scum is most vulnerable(they aren't used to the game yet): I'll take advantage of this while I can.

Fri May 03, 2013 10:45 pm
Site Moderator

You don't have to tell them why you think they're scum ya know. If you say you think they're scum and they change their playstyle, hey another scumread

And making reads based off the first 4 pages of things usually isn't a good thing, especially when 1 page is confirmations and the rest is RQS

AMA

Fri May 03, 2013 11:40 pm

Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts Days, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones, Spiral Knights, Megaman Zero 4
Nixter wrote:
Lurking is sorta bad IMO

it's very anti productive and very defensive, which is exactly what scum want

Nixter, if the mafia already know that lurking is bad and will lead the town to suspect them, why would the scum want it? It's not defensive at all since the mafia can't answer back. However, the anti productive part of that argument is right. Still, I got my eye on you. Literally. IGMEOY

~~~~~~~

Lucina wrote:
How do you feel about Arthur wanting to be replaced?

I think it's quite suspicious. Nixter typed something like that in MG Mafia 12 Moderators VS Users, and as it turns out, his alignment was that of the third party. Perhaps King Arthur could be third party. We don't know for sure.

~~~~~~~

@[:]
I think you'd better stop lurking and start posting.

~~~~~~~

Sat May 04, 2013 2:32 am

Requesting main scumread/townread from everyone please:
Reads 1.0(these reads are by no means definitive but it's a good feeling):
Town(S>W): TOWK.
Null(Town>Scum): JC, Luc, Arthur, DJ.
Scum(S>W) Nixter.

Man, it looks so much less awesome when you only have a few people to analyze.

TOWK's not playing to his scum meta here: as town(iirc, MG Mafia 11), he played in a calm, commenting manner before analyzing people, and I expect him to do the same here.
As mafia, he did not try to initiate discussion at the beginning of the game, instead letting others lead. It sounds about the same, but this townread is pending further info.

JC is town for actually trying to produce content, but I don't like how he suspects Nixter solely on the basis of a weak argument.

Luc is town for initiating the RQS, but not much else, hence the null-town read.

Arthur is null for me: I haven't found anything useful in his posts just yet.

DJ's posts don't have anything useful in them, and his absence worries me a little.

Refer to previous posts for why my scumread is on Nixter.

Sat May 04, 2013 3:23 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden Black, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Titanfall 2 MP
Waifu: Makoto Nijima
Terra wrote:
Scum tend to replace out if they're under pressure and he's not under any as of this post, so I do think that he's not joking around.

Yeah, the entire replacement thing is just a temporary bit, till I feel better. If it was forever I'd think I was scum lol.

Sat May 04, 2013 9:49 am

If I can even call these reads: show
2. TOWK: I agree with Terra. Scum TOWK is quick to jump on someone. When not doing that, he's quite helpful. Null leaning town

3. [:]: Hasn't said much. (Answered a RQS question) Null leaning scum

4. Nixter: Is trying at least. Not sure whether to take that as town Nixter wanting to contribute or scum Nixter wanting for us to agree with him so we think he's town. Null

5. Terra: Good posts and reads overall. I just don't see why he doesn't think Arthur wanting a replacement is suspicious. I once replaced a guy wanting to be replaced day 1 and he ended up being scum. Null

6. JamesClyde: Isn't attacking hard like he usually does. I think he wants to help the town just as much as he wants to lynch the mafia, so it's a good thing imo. Plus, I've got that gut feeling again. Null leaning town

7. King Arthur: Is doing exactly what he said he would do; not much. At this point, I think it would be better if he was replaced because this "cold" is making him contribute even less than he usually would. His last post irks me. Null with a slight tinge of scum

Sat May 04, 2013 10:23 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Been waiting on a role clarification, mine's kinda complex and it affects everything I'm allowed to do. I'm only allowed to post 5 times per day. :c

Vote: Terra

General Null read from him so far, as his posts have been somewhere between scum Terra and town Terra.
Since he publicly announced his scum playstyle in the tips and tricks thread, it's possible he's changed his scum playstyle as that's what we're all looking for etc, etc.

Town read from Lucina, actually town read from KA, null on everyone else.

Sat May 04, 2013 12:23 pm
Site Moderator

I really don't have any reads yet, not enough has happened yet. All of you are still null

Please tell me why Arthur saying he might need temporary replacement is scummy at all. The only time replacing out is scummy is when the person is under pressure, and even then it's pretty situational. This is not one of those situations when he's scummy.

AMA

Sat May 04, 2013 12:25 pm

[:] wrote:
Been waiting on a role clarification, mine's kinda complex and it affects everything I'm allowed to do. I'm only allowed to post 5 times per day. :c

And what happens if you go over the 5 post limit?

Looking back, I think it's more the reason Arthur wanted temp replacing.

I don't really see how a common cold can affect someone's reasoning that bad.
But that's just me, since I've won a game or two while bedridden myself.

I just don't want this to be an excuse not to post and see him posting willy nilly everywhere else.

Sat May 04, 2013 2:36 pm

[:] wrote:

Vote: Terra

General Null read from him so far, as his posts have been somewhere between scum Terra and town Terra.
Since he publicly announced his scum playstyle in the tips and tricks thread, it's possible he's changed his scum playstyle as that's what we're all looking for etc, etc.

Town read from Lucina, actually town read from KA, null on everyone else.

Could you clarify what you think scum Terra would post and what town Terra would post in my posts, at least?

@Luc: Probably a modkill/loss of ability, similar to your post restriction in 13(Mods Vs Users).
Also, I really think Arthur should've declared V/LA instead of replacing out, but I think he's serious. There is no incentive to replacing out in this situation for him, either to ease pressure or to get out of a sticky situation.

Sat May 04, 2013 10:02 pm

Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts Days, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones, Spiral Knights, Megaman Zero 4
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
I really don't have any reads yet, not enough has happened yet. All of you are still null

Please tell me why Arthur saying he might need temporary replacement is scummy at all. The only time replacing out is scummy is when the person is under pressure, and even then it's pretty situational. This is not one of those situations when he's scummy.

Let me explain. Arthur abruptly asked for a temporary replacement in the midst of the game. But as to the reason he gave for that... was a very bad one. He said he had a cold, and that affected his reasoning. But actually, all a cold does is make you cough, have a sore throat, make your nose run, makes you sneeze, and gives you a fever. That, in itself, does not affect your reasoning so much that you have to get a temporary replacement to play for you. But after a few posts of people suspecting him, he said that he would 'do his best' and start posting again. Doesn't that seem scummy to you at all? My scum-dar is tingling with scummyness and it's pointing to King Arthur.

~~~~~~~

HEY WAIT GUYZ I JUST NOTICED. Since we were all caught up in our arguments, we haven't noticed Nixter lurking.
VOTE: Nixter

Sun May 05, 2013 6:46 pm
Site Moderator

Wow, you're right I didn't notice Nixter lurking

Vote: JC

AMA

Sun May 05, 2013 6:58 pm
 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next