The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:04 pm

[ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next
Bomberman 

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
In general, the latest bomb planted in proximity gets the knockback but it might was well be RNG because sometimes small bombs you placed 2 minutes ago get the knockback instead.

also some stuff
YouTube Video:

YouTube Video:

Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:05 am

MGN Username: IronedSandwich
Currently Playing: Reddit
Waifu: /u/Spez
FedEx wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Do people think BBM v Puff is in favor of BBM?

If Kirby has problems with this matchup, then of course its terrible for Retard-Kirby too.

idk, Puff could exploit BBM's lack of horizontal recovery with its Wall of Death, and float around the bombs without losing as much speed.

S: Waddle Dee
A: Jeremy Corbyn
B: Waddle Dee
C: Waddle Dee

Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:30 am

bbm v puff is virtually unwinnable for puff, bbm sets up a couple bombs and refuses to approach and its basically over.

also tourney stuff, Big Finish Pools
YouTube Video:

YouTube Video:

Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:58 pm

i went all bbm
Winners Semis
YouTube Video:

Winners Finals
YouTube Video:

Losers Finals
YouTube Video:

its only a double post if everyones alive

Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:31 am

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Tfw people complain about BBM even though they use Fox

Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:08 pm

1-9 mu

Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:56 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Nah, its more of a Uthrow-BadDIonTheFthrow matchup. (1.5-8-5)

Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:31 am

MGN Username: KarkVant
Currently Playing: with my dick
A viable balance for bomberman's bombs would be to have them work similar to Naruto's up special clones: have them exist as projectiles instead of disjointed hitboxes.

How it would work
The bombs could have a constant hitbox that does no damage or knockback, and would only do damage when detonated, but they would be reflectable, as they would behave like projectiles.

What the changes would do
This would make playing bomberman more about strategy and less about knocking your opponent far enough away to set 2 or 3 max charge bombs and then camp for the rest of the game, as well as reducing bomberman's almost absolute stage control once bombs are set.

How it could be done
Either the bombs would be "reflected" (changes who the bombs damage) when shielded (Bomberman could do this as well, and he is still the only one able to detonate the bombs), or a new "bomb disarming" mechanic could be implemented, allowing bombs to be completely take over for a cost of a 2.5 seconds (down special would detonate all controlled bombs the next time it is used). Bomberman would not be able to disarm bombs.

Thanks for reading, tell me what you think.

Image Image
Somebody hates my JJBA memes, so naturally I had to make more and put them in my signature

My main men: :captainfalcon: :metaknight:

For messing around: :samus: :zerosuitsamus: :donkeykong:

Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:30 pm

Eh. I'd personally reduce the amount of bombs that BBM can have on stage down to four or three (come at me). I'd also make the hit boxes on his bombs much smaller, or at least the power-bombs. Cause let's be honest... His bombs are kind of ridiculous. The fact that you can basically have 5 disjointed smash attacks capable of KOing a majority of the roster at around 80 percent is kind of silly (especially since you can't do anything about them). I'm also hoping the reduce the knock back on power-bombs by just a bit.

There are a few other things I'd like to see. For instance, I think it'd be pretty neat if BBM could reflect projectiles with his side-special.

I was also thinking that the explosion left by his up-special could have a bit more knock back, or maybe when it's used in the air it can spike opponents with the bottom part of the hit box.

Maybe make dash-attack a kill move to justify the start-up and end lag.

And finally, I'd like to see more of BBM's bomb from his game. I've already said this in the pass, but I think it'd be pretty neat if BBM could utilize his different from the games. I think the devs. could do something similar to PM, where BBM could switch between different bombs through a taunt.

I was thinking he could use two additional types of bombs. These are Ice and Directional bombs. Ice bombs could simply freeze opponents and leave them open for attack. Directional bombs could send out a multi-hit explosion that travels outward in the form of an upside down "T" when used on the ground, and could travel in the form of a "+" when used in the air. However, after taunting to get these bombs they'll be replaced with power bombs. Not only that, but you can only use three of each of these alternative bombs during a match (p-bombs are still unlimited though).

Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:03 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
I'm fine with bombs, they just need some way to counter them. As is you have no way of dealing with them other than just taking the hit or literally never approaching. Make it so attacks can hit them or something and they'll be fine.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:14 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
Ehh. More like grabbing them makes them die.
Simply attacking them would be too easy

Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:58 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Bombs would be really interesting if any attack from any player smacked them around the stage. It would completely change the interaction dynamics, and of course Bomberman would have to be newly tuned around these modified bomb rules, but I think it would make the matchup really fun on both sides. Imagine hitting both your opponent and a P-Bomb with an Uair and converting that into a sky high detonation.

@ZeroSuitUser: Adding a limited, non-renewable resource to a traditional fighting game might work, but I don't think it fits Smash due to the malleable ruleset. If I was playing a ten-minute free-for-all, I would find it very odd that I could only use some of my moves three times before they were gone for good.

@Masky: Grabbing bombs to make them go away would be a rather weird and unintuitive interaction. Were the decision made to simple allow players to destroy bombs, I think that a better fix - were one required at all - might be to simply decrease Bomberman's neutral B charge time to account for how often the bombs will be destroyed before he gets to detonate a set.

Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:21 pm

Hey, why wouldn't we do NES Bomberman-esque explosions? We could make the bombs explode automatically to make them slightly less frightening, and if you want more bombs on screen, down-b would give you a random powerup to bombs, with a pretty long time to get one, somewhere around fully charging Samus' Charge Shot. You would start with 1-square sideways explosions from bombs and having 3 bombs on screen and go to max 6 bombs and 3 square explosions. Oh, and also make his own bombs damage BBM by about 2 or 3%, but not knock him back,

A scrubby :ichigo: main.
Shameless plugs:
Twitter
Youtube

If only I could participate in tournaments ;_;

Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:56 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
Sa-v wrote:
@Masky: Grabbing bombs to make them go away would be a rather weird and unintuitive interaction. Were the decision made to simple allow players to destroy bombs, I think that a better fix - were one required at all - might be to simply decrease Bomberman's neutral B charge time to account for how often the bombs will be destroyed before he gets to detonate a set.

First off, did you ask how is grabbing a bomb to make it safe a real option? if so; clip the red wire. No one ever played CoD with the game type to disarm bombs?

Secondly,
No, if bombs were effected by attacks a simple ground combo on BBM would knock both him, and the bombs around, if not offstage.
My idea of grabbing bombs makes it to where you have to dedicate a particular time to killing the bomb rather than running up real fast and punching it.
IMO grabbing bombs to destroy them would take like 10-20 frames to complete(~2/3 of a second), and the person grabbing the bomb would not suffer KB from the bomb s/he is holding, which prevents popping bombs as someone is disabling it.
Another point where grabbing is better than attacking is that fox can't just shine it away and not worry much if at all.
This would open a huge tree of opportunities on both sides.
If (say Kirby) Kirby knocks BBM offstage and decides to disable a Pbomb at 50%, BBM has 2 options. Risky DownB to pop the bomb before kirby grabs it to kill him while praying for terrible DI- or recover at the expense of 1-2 bombs.
The first option would be dangerous to BBM since popping bombs while offstage decreases his recovery ability by a small margin.
The second option would be frustrating because just being knocked off can cost you bombs.

PSZSU, BBM can reflect projectiles with SideB(air version) but it is hard AF

Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:31 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
just make joey main someone else and bbm is balanced.

Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:39 pm
 [ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next