The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:38 pm

[ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 29  Next
Tails 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Zalozis wrote:
Wikipedia wrote:
A tool-assisted speedrun (frequently abbreviated TAS) is a speedrun movie or performance of a video game produced by means of emulation such as slow motion or frame-by-frame advance of the gameplay, and re-recording of previous portions of a performance. The idea is that such "tools" compensate for human limitations in skill and reflex, facilitating gameplay techniques that are otherwise impossible or prohibitively difficult. . . Example
I think that sums it up better than I could.

____

Also, I think Tails' wavedash is a bit easier to do consistently than what I originally expected. I think with better practice, it could be used as customary in his playstyle as real wavedashing in Melee is to a character like Luigi.

Yeah, I was surprised but its still not too easy.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:52 pm

is is just me, or tails actually has the best overall mobility in the whole game? he has multi-jumps but a very fast fallspeed, making it easy to cheat up on edgeguarders and midair projectiles... and his rythm twister enables instant turns without losing any momentum at all... his sliding up-special is risiculously fast, and his spin dash cancels momentum, and enables instant acceleration in any direction... to the point that i can dash and jump towards a juggled enemy, and just close to him towards the side i enable spin dash, while he dodges, timing his move perfectly to avoid a nonexistant f-air, when in turn i get him with a downspec... tails is just so awesome in terms and mobility and mindgames that its ludicrously fun to play as.

but i could be wrong tough...

Others claim, it is half empty.

I, personally, Claim Nothing.

Instead, i Ask:

WHO THE %&(%/))% DRANK HALF OF MY BEER??!

Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:58 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
WAR-THERAPY wrote:
is is just me, or tails actually has the best overall mobility in the whole game? he has multi-jumps but a very fast fallspeed, making it easy to cheat up on edgeguarders and midair projectiles... and his rythm twister enables instant turns without losing any momentum at all... his sliding up-special is risiculously fast, and his spin dash cancels momentum, and enables instant acceleration in any direction... to the point that i can dash and jump towards a juggled enemy, and just close to him towards the side i enable spin dash, while he dodges, timing his move perfectly to avoid a nonexistant f-air, when in turn i get him with a downspec... tails is just so awesome in terms and mobility and mindgames that its ludicrously fun to play as.

but i could be wrong tough...

His vertical sucks XD

but, the only thing holding him back is if his jumps could reset his momentum, if he goes flying off a platform he might need to use a couple jumps to return his speed to normal. His side-spec works as you said but he has to commit to that.

Very few people played him, everything I did in my vid was already known by them. I hope that people start playing Tails more (I might even play him lol). Wavedashes ftw

Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:12 pm

tails is so techy... its actually strange. if i pull out fox, which is a far more straight-forward, simpler to think about character with very difficult techs in comparison to the rest of the cast, i generally suck (big time) but when i grab tails, a character that most people apparently see as "too tech-dependant and exponentially dificult to be viable at competitive play", that uses and abuses mindgames and illusion just not to die, i strangely do great using him. i dont know why... could this be like a psychological way of thinking with fox that makes me stink when i use his techs, while equally difficult techs with tails seem to work well?

Instead, i Ask:

Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:55 pm

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
I really don't find Tails difficult to play, so I can't relate to others' difficulties. He may be my main, but my ability to perform with him far exceeds that with others I use.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:36 pm

same here - i dont really find him difficult at all... ANYMORE. i remember that when i started, tails was the most wtfkish character in the cast right after Ness. poor overall range, tons of weight for a multijumper, his spin dash doesnt turn around, all smashes are slow, wtf this char stinks. but only after many many hours of play have i finally learned how to use him. hes one of those characters who seem to have a massive learning curve, in which they are incredibly bad at a basic skill level if compared to most other characters, but can wreck and shutdown all of them at a high level.

why can i not do the same with fox and Captain?

Instead, i Ask:

Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:27 pm

I'm still killing people at 150% though :/

There's a price to pay for all my mobility.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:28 pm

MGN Username: Bomono3
Currently Playing: Some platformer
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Hey guys, I finished the TAS vid of Tails. I focussed mostly on doing Tailsdashing as fast as possible, I'll be posting this to the metagame thread on /r/smashbros to let other people know that this game is no joke with speed ;)
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgSjAg-GTu4 ]

WARNING: The last combo is extremely dirty.

that was pretty impressive.

Is there any reason why cannon dair has almost no knockback in comparison to any other dair combo? but shorthop side-b you can do it just straight up, but its annoyingly hard, it doesn't help that my special and jump buttons are on opposite sides of the controller.

playing tails to his full potential is pretty hard, but playing him the way i play him doesn't take much effort. If anything, tails players need to use all their options, rem uses a lot of them, but even then he doesnt use all the potential safe options that tails has, tailsdash is underutilized by almost all the tails players. for example, in the naruto matchup tailsdash into shield over naruto's clone mines from his up-b destroy the mines completely, and tailsdash into spotdodge or shield is almost never used, and most tails players I've seen dont even take full advantage of his mindgames and his moves MASSIVE priority. the only thing that i really do is abuse his moves high priority, if tails players started to use tails full arsenal then matchups that most think are not in his favor, would most likely turn the other way. I seriously need to work on the way i play though.

My main is tails.
My secondaries are peach and fox.

My soundcloud (no relation to other accounts of the same name, its a long story)
https://soundcloud.com/caffinluvstmgc

Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:51 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
The main problem is the lag in online. Even 1 frame of input lag can throw someone off. That probably why so many people play defensively online.

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am

I always chase a target down. I will relentlessly attack you till you are off the stage.

Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:26 am

figured out shorthop side-b, you have to hold down when you jump whilst in the process of side-b.

My main is tails.

My soundcloud (no relation to other accounts of the same name, its a long story)

Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:37 pm
BR Member

I still dont see how that's ground breaking and/or why it took so long to figure that out :/

Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:40 am

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
having more options is usually always a positive bonus

Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:26 pm

a unmentioned change that is huge, is the fact that tails jumps now reset his momentum.

why did i think that was a new thing, though o nthe bright side combos are easy as pie with the new dair, same with techases.

My main is tails.

Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:06 pm
SSF2 Developer

Bomono wrote:
a unmentioned change that is huge, is the fact that tails jumps now reset his momentum.

why did i think that was a new thing, though o nthe bright side combos are easy as pie with the new dair, same with techases.

Everyone's jump does this this demo. it actually extends how far they can go offstage.

Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:42 pm
 [ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 29  Next