The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:37 pm

[ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
The Line of War. (Full version) 
Site Moderator

=== Niniva ===

They stepped onto the worn road in front of the tavern and the hooded man turned to Niniva. "Three days ago, a scout discovered the bodies of six of our novice agents. The wounds were caused by knives and other bladed weapons, therefore we cannot rule out cutthroats and bandits. Keyblade injuries are different, so I'm sure a gang ambushed them instead of one talented wielder. Your job is to serve as my backup. Of course, you were sent to be the main attack force, but I think I can handle it better, don't you?" He laughed again and started toward the weapon shop.

Upon entering, a high-pitched screeching rang through the building. It was a grinding stone with a dirty man sitting behind it. His clothes were scraped and torn in various places and low cough escaped his lips every now and then. It was probably from all of the metal powder and sawdust he inhaled daily. The hooded man walk over and mumbled something to him. He nodded promptly and ducked into a back room. He emerged with a small package wrapped in cured leather. Hood stowed it under his robe somewhere and turned to exit the shop. "Are you ready to begin? I can take us directly to the site of the attack."

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:31 am

The creature's claws hurt more than they would seem, Amexa took the attack, but managed to move before they dug too deep; her robe was torn, when she gave a quick examination at her wound, it went from her left side to her hips. The air reaching through was colder than she imagined, she quickly pulled her robes over the opening. It seemed they gave no heed to her bluffing, the Heartless were too primitive to be fooled - rather ironic.
She immediately cast fire at the one that didn't attack her. She figured that the attacking one may still be recovering.

Quote:
Heartless Minion (2)
Level : 1
HP : 20/20
MP : 0/0
STR 5
AGI 5
INT 0
VIT 0
LUK 0

VS

Amexa
Class: Incarnate
HP: 109/109 DAMAGE TAKEN
MP: 52/52
STR: 0
AGI: 4
INT: 16
VIT: 109,273
LUK: 1

{Amexa takes part of the hit, and casts fire at the one that didn't attack her

Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:33 am
Site Admin

Sylvia mouth curled into a smile as the ship targeted her and began to pursue.The radio crackled to life, "Disable the fighters, hurry!" Her hands drummed onto the dashboard as she zoomed towards the enemy fighter ship. She couldn't let the enemy transport reach the planet. She fired rapidly as she headed towards the fighter ship weaving left an right without an discernible patterns.

Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:31 pm
Site Moderator

=== Amexa ===

The fireball hit its mark and burned the foe into a pile of ashes.

(Fire causes enemy to die instantly, creating an overkill effect. Overkill decreases enemy morale to those with enough INT, making them sometimes cease attack for a turn. Unfortunately, the minion was too dumb to comprehend loss. Enemies left: 1)
Quote:
Heartless Minion (1)
Level : 1
HP : 20/20
MP : 0/0
STR 5
AGI 5
INT 0
VIT 0
LUK 0

VS

Amexa
Class: Incarnate
HP: 101/109
MP: 52/52
STR: 0
AGI: 4
INT: 16
VIT: 109,273
LUK: 1

The other Heartless didn't even glance back at its fallen comrade, but rather decided to attack once again. Its silent nature and lack of feeling would be rather disturbing to those able to fear.

(Heartless Minion lunges at Amexa.)

Jin wrote:

Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:40 am
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
==Tekun & Althea===

Sabin cursed softly as he watched the enemy ship intently, which managed to spin and twirl around every shot that was fired at it, yet barely returned any shots. "He's good..." He grumbled, glancing at the Keyblade Wielders. "I'll have to launch you guys into the enemy ship, we can't waste anymore time on this opponent." He muttered. "If you board the ship, disabling it should be easy, it can't have more than four heartless on it..." The man deduced. "Any objections to getting fired like a missile?" He asked, looking at the others.

===Sylvia===

The enemy ship spun and twirled, barely avoiding some of the shots, but her opponent was clearly just trying to distract the keyblade wielder for as long as possible. Beatrix, who hadn't heard the plan that was brewing in the other ship, made her presence known to the lone woman. "Sylvia, if you make it seem like you're just going to pass him, he'll have to steady himself to fire at you. It's risky, but as long as you can avoid his attack and return fire quickly enough, it should work."

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:55 am
Site Admin

"Aye aye Captain" said Sylvia while pulling her gummi ship out of another roll. "Alright then" she said firing at the enemy gummi ship once again "It looks like I'll have to pull of some acrobatics" she said to herself "Oh well, no different then a broom." She loop de loop three times consecutively while heading towards her enemy target. At the climax of the fourth loop she headed straight down towards the enemy ship shooting at it, until she was directly beside it and attempted what appeared to be a swerve to the left, hoping the enemy ship would follow her.

Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:06 pm
Legendary Ghost

Location: Where angels fear to tread, and man is but a cautionary tale.
Niniva
She remained silent, conserving herself for the time being. Though her blood began to boil in a slowly churning rage, she stood complacent and unmoved by his words; though she listened and hung upon every last syllable as he divulged the information. Silently she followed him into the shop, standing stationary by where they had entered as the hooded man went about his business. Hugging her arms, her head turned away in thought. She pondered the relevance of coming to this store. What item had he just obtained and stowed away? Whatever the purpose, it eluded her. Her train of thought soon broken as he made his way back towards the entrance and spoke.

Hood wrote:
"Are you ready to begin? I can take us directly to the site of the attack."

"Ready as ill ever be, Let's get this over with". Niniva replied stoically, Hazel eyes straying away from her enforced ally.

Althea
For a moment she pondered the question. Anything is better than sitting here doing nothing.. Althea thought to herself before sitting back and exhaling sharply. In fact, taking some solace in the fact she'd soon be able to truly test her mettle om combat for the first time in too long. "No objections here, I'm sure we can take them" She retorted, the strength in her voice returning at the thought of up front combat. Though on worry sunk in the back of her head. Fired like a missile through space? surely it couldn't be that..Non-conventional. Of course not. she re-assured herself. Awaiting deployment.

Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:55 pm
Site Moderator

"Sure. Sure." Tekun replied. "If you send me, your going to have to take over of course. Remember that. I'm sure Beatrix will gut me if we let that thing through. Let's be careful about it though. Don't miss."

There wasn't anything else to say, just for Sabin to do what he needed to.

They come for me...

They come through the forest...

The mages...

"In this world, is the destiny of man kind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?
Is it like the hand of God hovering above?
At least it is true, that man has no control, even over his own will."

Happily married to Kiki <3

Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:47 pm
Legendary Ghost

===Sylvia===

The enemy reacted as predicted, stopping it's own spacial acrobatics to fire at the looping keyblade wielder. He was caught by surprise by the sudden movement directly towards him, firing a few erratic salvos without any accuracy, twirling in order to avoid the shots, barely. When Sylvia came directly besides it, however, it released a sudden surge of energy from it's engine, ramming into the woman's ship. This was noticed by General Beatrix, who had turned her focus entirely on that specific combat situation. "Watch out, Sylvia, he won't doubt to kill himself if it'll take you out of action." It was unusual behavior for a heartless, usually they only cared about themselves, but now... It was like they had gained a hive mind. "Keep your distance, try to get behind him."

===Althea & Tekun===

Sabin nodded. "Don't worry, I'll take that ship down even if I have to crash into it." He practically dragged the two keyblade wielders to a set of cylinders. He pushed them in, and strapped them into a strange contraption, which practically tied them down completely, as well as a breathing mask. "When the missile closes, the inside will be flooded with a thick liquid to make sure you aren't hurt during the impact." He gave the basic instruction in case the excitement had left them unfamiliar with this tactic that had been introduced no more than a few months ago. "After the impact, the top of the missile will open, and the liquid will either harden if it doesn't encounter oxygen, to protect you, or spill out. The restraints will, of course, be released as well, due to very small detonations. Expect a small bit of pain. Any questions?" His hand already levitated towards the controls to ready their trip.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:07 pm
Site Admin

Sylvia was shook about in her seat as it was bombarded by the energy. "Woah I thought heartless were supposed to be dumb" while moving herself back upright. She fired her lasers, as the radio turned on "Watch out, Sylvia, he won't doubt to kill himself if it'll take you out of action. Keep your distance, try to get behind him." She didn't think that heartless were crazy enough to take themselves out for the greater evil of their plan, she certainly knew that it said nothing about that in the textbooks. "Roger" she replied. Slyvia thrust the ship forward and it blast upwards immediately, her keyblade badge jingled lightly as it swung from the tip of her hat. Now that she was above the fighter ship she shot a volley of blows at the ship then immediately flew left and downwards shooting while doing so, and then back up again, then she flew beside it again, but before it could retaliate she pulled her gummi ship into a roll underneath and to the other side and then flew behind the ship. She licked her lips and glared at her target then shot again, making sure to retreat backwards while doing so to prevent any close range attacks. She hoped that she would knock out the small fry and go after then main target before it reached the world.

Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:33 pm
Site Moderator

=== Niniva ===

"Very well. Be on your guard, my teleportation only works for short distances and takes ample time to cool down." He raised his arms and instantly whisked them away. The scenery immediately changed to that of a forest. Teleportation was obviously overplayed in most parts of the world. There had been zero magical effects, no rituals, nothing. Just a clean, instant change of location, as quick as the blink of an eye.

There aforementioned corpses were displayed in a cult ritualistic style, spears run through the back of the neck and out the top of the skull, then lodged in the ground, bodies still attached.

"Interesting..." Hood whispered, "Why would they leave them here for days on end, only to come back and impale them once more..? It's possible that they lacked the supplies necessary to finish the job, but who would be that committed to such a thing? Days walking to and fro just to perform a ritual... this is very, very interesting." That word again: interesting. Nobodies were unable to take interest in anything, yet he definitely showed signs of emotion. There was no reason for him to fake it in front of her, either. "You." He pointed to so Niniva, suddenly. "What do you make of this?"

Jin wrote:

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:55 pm
Legendary Ghost

Location: Where angels fear to tread, and man is but a cautionary tale.
Althiea
"None, lets get this over with" She replied sternly , muffled by the mask. Awaiting thier inevitable departure from the ship and straight into the hull of the enemy transport. It had been a long time since she had experienced true combat. She ached for the feeling once more, to once again be in the crux of battle, to pit her wits and steel against that of her enemies. Her blue eyes burned in this desire.

Niniva
"Making a statement?" She remarked as she stepped towards the display of corpses aligned so neatly, kneeling down beside the display on one knee and giving them further examination. "Though they must know the ineffectiveness of psychological warfare on a people immune to such feelings.. so that can't be it..perplexing.." She continued, then in the back of her mind. He showed emotion in that statement..is he not what he appears to be? She kept her thoughts to herself, though they sat within her mind. Decay filling her nostrils as she further examined the corpses. Something appeared fishy with this whole situation.. Though she couldn't quite put her finger on it. She had been duped before, so naturally had a suspicion of this whole scenario.

Standing up, eyes keenly tracing about the display before her. Slowly she leaned a hand into the opening of her cloak and grasped at her weapon gently so. And perhaps if this is some ritual they're working on, it isn't finished.. or this is a set up of some kind.. Either way, she felt conflict was near.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:21 pm
Site Moderator

"What the red head said." Tekun replied just as muffled as Althea. He too yearned for combat again. He yearned for vegeance, now he was about to have his first taste of revenge since he left.

They come for me...

They come through the forest...

The mages...

"In this world, is the destiny of man kind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?
Is it like the hand of God hovering above?
At least it is true, that man has no control, even over his own will."

Happily married to Kiki <3

Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:37 pm
Site Moderator

=== Niniva ===

After a brief moment of silence, he spoke. His sudden words shattered the tension. "You're right, either they're complete idiots or they weren't trying to scare us. Perhaps this is common as a religious practice in their circle. Did you know that some warriors drink the blood of their fallen enemies to gain their courage and strength?" He ran his finger through a pool of fresh blood. "How... preposterous......" He stalled on the "s" for a moment and rubbed the scarlet liquid between his index finger and thumb. He stared at them, unmoving.

Jin wrote:

Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:49 pm
Legendary Ghost

===Sylvia===
The Heartless attempted to retaliate indeed, both with firing, rolling and rams, but the vessel moved too fast nimble for the pilot's delayed reactions, and the last volley of shots blew the gummi ship apart, scattering pieces of debris into a small area. The cheers from the ground crew were heard clearly over the radio, but quickly silenced by Beatrix. "Sylvia!" She screamed. "Good job, but don't get c***! Attack the troop carrier! It has shields, so your best bet is to disable it's engines first!" The general was, despite her screaming, calm and thinking clearly.

==Althea & Tekun===

Sabin nodded. "Take control of the ship as soon as possible." Were his last words of advice before the missiles shut, leaving both keyblade wielders in complete darkness. Their cabins soon flooded with a thick liquid, that pressured them further, making sure the impact would be... Softer. It was barely felt when they were launched, but heard clearly. A few moments of nothing, not even the feeling of movement, until a loud crash erupted. their chains snapped free and the roof of the missile was blown off, allowing the thick liquid to escape and surprise the pilots that had been awaiting an explosion. Their was no command, no prompt, but it was clear that the Keyblade Wielders should use this surprise to their advantage.

Sabin let out a sigh of relief as both missiles hit their mark. then turned his vessel around, flying towards the troop carrier. "This should be a piece of cake..."

Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:36 pm
 [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next