The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:57 pm

[ 5 posts ] 
the pulse sprint 

this what i refer as the sprint in super smash bros wii u. I always thought it wasn't ergonomic at all, if you tilt the joystick very fast in a direction, the character will sprint, to walk you need to tilt the joystick slowly towards a direction. I played super smash wii u for a year now and i still have problem with that. So why would you bring it into this game too ? pls tell me if there are other people who doesn't like the pulse sprint or if i'm the only one.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:42 pm

MGN Username: TheBlue10
Currently Playing: Life.
Waifu: I have a husbando.
Can't you change that?
I don't play w/ a controller so I don't know if you can setup your dash in a simmilar manner to a keyboard.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:04 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
why the hell wouldn't it be like that, tap dash has been the norm for smash since 1999

Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:43 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
You're the only one that doesn't like tap-dash. It's been like that since the first Smash game.

But rest easy, you are not the only player ever to struggle with doing tilts. You have to remember, you only have to move the stick about halfway for a walk/tilt. Some players still think you have to tilt the stick completely in the direction, and if don't to fast, you do tap instead.

At least in SSF2, you can seperate these things. If you're on a controller, put the L-stick radius to 100, play with Double-Tap Dash unchecked, and use a button mapped to 'Dash.' This way, you only will ever dash if you are holding the Dash-button.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:42 pm

MGN Username: KillerHayabusa
Currently Playing: Payday 2
Waifu: Dallas
Zalozis wrote:
You're the only one that doesn't like tap-dash. It's been like that since the first Smash game.

But rest easy, you are not the only player ever to struggle with doing tilts. You have to remember, you only have to move the stick about halfway for a walk/tilt. Some players still think you have to tilt the stick completely in the direction, and if don't to fast, you do tap instead.

At least in SSF2, you can seperate these things. If you're on a controller, put the L-stick radius to 100, play with Double-Tap Dash unchecked, and use a button mapped to 'Dash.' This way, you only will ever dash if you are holding the Dash-button.

So much this.

I've only ever had a problem with the walk, not being able to slow down your walk is what kills my :sonic: game. :(
by slowing down the walk, i mean changing walk speed with how much you tilt the joystick on a controller

add me on steam @: Sieztrzewitowski

Mains: :sonic: :sheik: :mario: :sandbag:

Learning: :sora: :metaknight:
was here since 0.6 lol

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:53 pm
 [ 5 posts ]