The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:58 pm

[ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 37  Next
Naruto 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Yeah the chat was getting pretty upset about the one Naruto player on stream lol.

IMO just stun removal, then utilt and dash attack not being such easy combo tools is all Naruto should receive in terms of nerfs. I personally think his clones are fine.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon May 18, 2015 12:09 am

MGN Username: TaylorGang
Currently Playing: SSF2
scumbag wrote:
Derk wrote:
I'm learning how to play him and honestly I wouldn't be the least bit mad if they changed his projectile to a shuriken or something else then slightly buffed one of his other moves. I feel like the clone grabbing you and throwing you backward is a little bit much. Though its nice for combo's.

If it makes you feel any better the dev team is decreasing side-B range to make his zoning game more tolerable. But his current side-B is way more innovative then the shurikens of v.5 though. You can use clone toss to drag people back towards you and then fair spike into a jab-reset/tech-chase ect. This is much better then the straight up spam of early demos. It help's Naruto be more of a unique character rather then a generic Falco Diddy kong hybrid.

This sounds good hope they do this

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/TaylorJames1234?lang=en
Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/taypalacio/

Mon May 18, 2015 2:48 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
clones just need lower priority

not being able to dtilt his clone on the ground is silly

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Mon May 18, 2015 5:10 am

MGN Username: scum
Prefect shielding clone mine is always a better option then destroying it. You can a lot of time bait out another up B or just punish Narutos who camp around it.

Mon May 18, 2015 7:56 am

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
I like spindashing clones.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Mon May 18, 2015 8:24 am
BR Member

MGN Username: mcompany
Currently Playing: ssf2,melee,pm,sm4sh
Grab a sword, or high priority projectiles, or a character like Jiggs who have high priority moves.

ssf2 main: idk, haven't seriously played yet. secondaries/jokes: :gameandwatch: :marth: :link: :sandbag: :jigglypuff: :falco:

Pm main:g&w second: ROB, lucario

Sm4sh main: good question

Man do I wish there were local ssf2 tourneys or at least side events so my practice is actually worth it.

Mon May 18, 2015 9:03 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Forget the swrod... Lloyd cant cancel it in most cases. Also powershielding is better in most cases imo.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Mon May 18, 2015 1:28 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
yeah powershielding every attack from every character in the game is best in most cases
doesn't mean anyone's gonna be doing it

sometimes you just go for the safe option

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Mon May 18, 2015 1:37 pm
BR Member

I would try Lloyd's nair and maybe his dair (close enough to the ground, maybe a fair), and his fsmash, and dsmash, and his side b

ssf2 main: idk, haven't seriously played yet. secondaries/jokes: :gameandwatch: :marth: :link: :sandbag: :jigglypuff: :falco:

Man do I wish there were local ssf2 tourneys or at least side events so my practice is actually worth it.

Mon May 18, 2015 5:38 pm

MGN Username: Ganondoof
Currently Playing: Vanguard Princess, Upkmnfg, YGOPRO
Too bad for you folks, Wario can destroy clones with almost every move he has. ;3

Mon May 18, 2015 5:51 pm
BR Member

:marth:

Mon May 18, 2015 5:54 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
I don't think the priority on uspec clones is that bad, I just think Naruto needs the specialfall nerf that's coming anyway. A clone you could just dtilt and then go about your business isn't a very good tool. Naruto needs those tools to be successful.

Nerf dash attack and utilt so that you can't just use them over and over and make his combos more creative, possibly remove control of where the dspecial clone pops out of the ground from, and change Rasengan so that it isn't so good (possibly just replace it with a non-charging move).

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Mon May 18, 2015 5:57 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
I don't think the priority on uspec clones is that bad, I just think Naruto needs the specialfall nerf that's coming anyway. A clone you could just dtilt and then go about your business isn't a very good tool. Naruto needs those tools to be successful.

Nerf dash attack and utilt so that you can't just use them over and over and make his combos more creative, possibly remove control of where the dspecial clone pops out of the ground from, and change Rasengan so that it isn't so good (possibly just replace it with a non-charging move).

Don't go over board with the Rasengan. It's fine if the stun comes out on the first frame and no more. We don't want to over nerf him or something.

Mon May 18, 2015 6:05 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Rasengan would be super neat move if it weren't for Rasenshuriken, stun or no stun. Naruto just doesn't need a projectile with that much power. It would be even more awesome if Rasengan was changed to be a combo tool by reducing endlag on a successful hit, allowing for some crazy creative combos, which is what this character feels like he should be based around. Of course, it would be necessary to create a system to prevent Rasengan loops. Perhaps the move could change to a palm-centered chi explosion or something if a Rasengan ball is already out, kind of like how Mewtwo's Confusion causes knockback if the opponent is already dazed. That would be fun.

Removing the charging aspect could make the move more elegant as well. Simply give him a mid-charge ball on all hits and voila.

Mon May 18, 2015 6:09 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
IMO, Rasengan shouldn't be able to be stored for later. Since it's already quite powerful, it's weakness (besides being reflected) should be using the attack at that particular moment. Sorta like MM's Mega Buster, only not given the ability to move while charging.

Mon May 18, 2015 6:13 pm
 [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 37  Next