The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:06 pm

[ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next
Sheik 

MGN Username: sparty88
Sheik's smash moves aren't viable against good players. Give her a sexy side B. It's the right thing to do. :wee:

Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:38 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Right about that.

Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:37 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Something weird I discovery with the Needle-charging.

When charging the attack on the ground, it takes six needle-shakes get to full-charge. In the air, it takes seven shakes.

But there's a glitch to quicken the charge sequences.

When you short-hop land needle-charge, it takes only four shakes to get at full-charge (2 in the air, 2 on the ground). This alone is really good. Sheik can keep herself mobile and charge needles with dash short-hop wavebounce, but she also cuts the charge time down by more than a third this way. But only the ground version will be full-charged. Attempting to perform needle-storm in will give you only a level 2 charged throw (see where this is going?).

It seems after performing a short-hop landing needle-charge, The number of shakes you performed in the air before landing are saved separately from the ground charging.

But if you throw that set of needles from the ground, the next time you short-hop charge needles, it will take only 3 needle-shakes to fully charge it. The next time after that, only 2 needle-shakes. The time after that, only 1.

After that last single-shake charge. The next time you try to charge needles in mid-air, Sheik will not do her needle charge animation, or you'll see just a frame of it flicker. So basically, she will do a full needle-charge in a very few amount of frames, but this last set of fully-charged needles in the sequence can only be thrown from the air. If you try to do it on the ground, she will throw only one needle and you lose the current fully-charged set.

I'm guessing this happens in the sequence because:
First Short-Hop Needle-charge, four shakes (2 in the air, 2 on the ground when she lands.)
Second Short-Hop Needle-charge, three shakes (2 in the air, 1 on the ground when she lands.)
Third Short-Hop Needle-charge, two shakes (both in the air before landing)
Fourth Short-Hop Needle-charge, one shake in the air,

So she ends up do 2, 2, 2, 1 shakes in the air, which is 7. So after doing the fourth needle-storm on the ground, the air version is charged completely, ready to be thrown immediately after. You can also do this with full-jumps. You'll do 3 air shakes before landing.

So it's basically a weird glitch. Not sure how much worth it it would be to do the full-sequence, but being able to cut down the charge time and stay mobile while charging is pretty crazy (It's also late, and I don't think I explained this very well). Also, dying or do a full-charge needle-storm on the ground will reset the sequence.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:52 am

MGN Username: Rgf123
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBB
Wait, can someone explain to me what a wavebounce is or just redirect me to a post/thread explaining it. Thanks in advance.

Trying to learn:
Sheik
Lloyd
Chibi-robo

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:44 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wavebounce is when you re-direct your aerial momentum and keeping the facing the same way you started during a neutral-special.

I said "wavebounce," but as far as I know, that's technique isn't in this game. Don't know why I keep using the wrong term.

What I really meant was turning-around with your neutral-special. With Sheik, it's a good tactic to do a retreating short-hop from your opponent, and then tap the opposite direction and press "B" afterwards. You'll turn around with your neutral-special. And with Sheik, since you'll land during her needle-charging, she'll cancelled part of it and charge it fast.

And I'm not sure how yet, but I think you can stack needle-storms and fire charged-storms one after the other. After playing already with the pattern of needle charging cancels for several minutes, I tried doing a full-hop single needle throws. Instead, I got five shots in a row of level 4 to max needle-storms. Something I'll have to test more to see if it can be done consistently.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:13 pm

Actually, the reason behind the Needle charge "glitch" seems to be that needles charged in the air are classified differently from needles charged while grounded. I have very often done two clicks in the air and finished on the ground, then when trying to launch the needles in the air, started charging again, then only thrown them once the charging was done, or when I landed again.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:06 am

(Continuation of me defending Sheik from the Donkey Kong aka Tier List Speculation Thread)
She's also a beast in teams.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:27 pm

sparty88 wrote:
(Continuation of me defending Sheik from the Donkey Kong aka Tier List Speculation Thread)
She's also a beast in teams.

I can agree with that. Her needles are an annoyance.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:39 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
Sheik's downsmash is alright imo. Upsmash is very situational. Fsmash is useless lol. Still, 2 reliable kill options is definitely pretty low.

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:37 am

Jammy wrote:
Sheik's downsmash is alright imo. Upsmash is very situational. Fsmash is useless lol. Still, 2 reliable kill options is definitely pretty low.

I don't really consider any of her smash moves kill options. They all kinda suck. Even her dash attack is a better kill move lol. Certainly not ideal, but it kills just over 120% most of the time and it's super easy to land. It's all about her aerials, though.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:00 pm

MGN Username: Sachamel
I think her smashes while not great, are still decent. Up has good knockback, down has great reach and out of a dash->crouch isn't that bad. F-Smash tho is the worst of course, but it's always been like that so whatever.

Also, does anyone think it's kinda unfair Fox can get a free kill if you don't sweetspot the ledge with her up-b? If he reflects your wind hitbox you're done, and it's not something that rarely happen: some Foxes while trying to shine spike me end up killing me if they fail to connect the attack (otherwise I'd have another shot at an up-b).

Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:13 pm

Sachamel wrote:
I think her smashes while not great, are still decent. Up has good knockback, down has great reach and out of a dash->crouch isn't that bad. F-Smash tho is the worst of course, but it's always been like that so whatever.

Also, does anyone think it's kinda unfair Fox can get a free kill if you don't sweetspot the ledge with her up-b? If he reflects your wind hitbox you're done, and it's not something that rarely happen: some Foxes while trying to shine spike me end up killing me if they fail to connect the attack (otherwise I'd have another shot at an up-b).

Wait, YOU CAN DO THAT?!?

sparty88's recovery demise, here I come!

Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:13 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
gEmssbguy13 wrote:
Sachamel wrote:

Wait, YOU CAN DO THAT?!?

Lmfao
#90-10FoxFavor
#ShiekForKtier :xd:

Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:39 pm
YIM
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Shine! wrote:
gEmssbguy13 wrote:
Sachamel wrote:

Wait, YOU CAN DO THAT?!?

Lmfao
#90-10FoxFavor
#ShiekForKtier :xd:

This probably applies to Mario's cape too and if you powershield it (I recall a video of that somewhere). Hope the windbox gets patched to be weaker (I don't think it should blow Marth halfway across BF) and impossible to reflect.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:41 pm

MGN Username: Sachamel
Yeah, I learned the hard way haha, don't think it's really game changing but it's an unfair advantage he gains for like no reason. He has shine to gimp every character and gains another tool specifically against Sheik.

Is it really necessary to tone the wind that much tho? Considering it seldom hits, even when landing really near someone.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:25 pm
 [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next