The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:24 pm

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Ad infinitum 
Site Admin

Woah, loving this update~

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:51 pm
Site Moderator

Kiki wrote:
Woah, loving this update~

Glad that it's at least a little interesting.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:10 pm
Site Moderator

I guess I should also mention this, just in case anyone really cares. The world map will be updated with information about places depending on knowledge that the characters should have of the world...
Well.. except maybe a few things like for example not everyone should know about Yarris(Though they should have an idea there is another continent to the East), Vaes Dranik, or Variya(though they should probably know that another power house of a country exists out to the east) But characters aren't expected to know much about the conflict in the riverlands, which is why I didn't mark the Kingdom that exists down there, and they probably shouldn't know much about what's actually over on Yarris as far as culture goes except that a pseudo-Arabian/Hunnic group came over the sea and now is wildly running about the east.

If need be I'll eventually update the map with some dots and paths to show where your character is and where they have been to because depending on how things go we might have some crazy paths.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:42 am

Waifu: I'm married
When I have a little bit more time I'll make a character.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:31 pm
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

VamanosPest wrote:
When I have a little bit more time I'll make a character.

If you want to get involved you can, I'll have to work you into the plot a little but it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Also, working on religion information because I realize I had a bunch of s*** regarding religion to post with that map but it kinda got tossed to the side

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:39 pm
Site Moderator

At some point here I intend to drop a decent amount of information regarding religion and culture, though I've been holding off until it actually becomes important. For time being I've just been adding NPC profiles that I suppose I'll update constantly as the story progresses, mostly because there's going to be a lot of characters and I'm sure neither of you two who are in still hanging around for this want to be bothered to remember all of the details regarding encounters with npcs that will more than likely turn up again.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:38 am
Site Admin

<3

Also, I'm hoping to get a post out by the latest Saturday. My last omnivident plot post was really a fluke moment of free time.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:07 am

Name: Kechts Udyde

Appearance: Were he not hunched at all times, Kechts would have quite a towering figure. His compact muscles and fair skin make him look frail, which, with his height, results in a very unsettling, snakelike appearance. Atop his head rests a large mass of unkempt black hair, only just brushed aside enough to reveal his large, dimmed grey eyes. No one would question the huge black cloak Kechts wears; it only looks natural on a ghostly man like him. With a constant dull expression on his face and his lurching gait, most people would find him extremely untrustworthy, if not frightening.

Personality: Kechts is very oblivious. Thus, he can never figure out why people avoid him or try to end conversations with him as quickly as possible. He is relatively harmless and kind at heart, though he hasn't opened up to anyone for them to figure that out. His sense of justice is somewhat weak, but he will go out of his way to help someone he is fond of.

Weapons: Just a cane

History: Since his parents were rather old, Kechts could never warm up to them before they died when he was very young. Stumbling around and starving, one day he met someone who revealed himself to be an old con-man in the corner of some pub. The sketchy old man took Kechts into his care, sharing his meals with the child in exchange for help with his cheats and fake fortunes. When leprosy caught up to the man, he knew his time was coming. He spent the rest of his days teaching Kechts the art of sound magic since he started to grow fond of the boy, and hoped Kechts could take care of himself once he passed away.
Kechts made a living as the old con-man did, and grew up to be an information broker and messenger by utilizing his unique sound magic after perfecting it. He was highly sought after once rumors spread about his telepathy-like abilities.

Skills: Despite his appearance, Kechts is very strong and can use his cane as a blunt weapon.
He usually utilizes his sound magic by:
1. Frightening everyone by creating loud, shocking noises (e.g. battle cries or monsters roaring)
2. Distracting and almost deafening someone in close range using very high pitched sounds
3. Placing his hand on a person's head, allowing him to speak to them with near perfect privacy (i.e. telepathic whispering - Kechts prefers this as a primary way to communicate because of his very hoarse physical voice).

Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:46 pm

bert posting s*** everywhere

Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:17 pm
Site Moderator

{420}sMoKeWeEd{420} wrote:
Name: Kechts Udyde

Appearance: Were he not hunched at all times, Kechts would have quite a towering figure. His compact muscles and fair skin make him look frail, which, with his height, results in a very unsettling, snakelike appearance. Atop his head rests a large mass of unkempt black hair, only just brushed aside enough to reveal his large, dimmed grey eyes. No one would question the huge black cloak Kechts wears; it only looks natural on a ghostly man like him. With a constant dull expression on his face and his lurching gait, most people would find him extremely untrustworthy, if not frightening.

Personality: Kechts is very oblivious. Thus, he can never figure out why people avoid him or try to end conversations with him as quickly as possible. He is relatively harmless and kind at heart, though he hasn't opened up to anyone for them to figure that out. His sense of justice is somewhat weak, but he will go out of his way to help someone he is fond of.

Weapons: Just a cane

History: Since his parents were rather old, Kechts could never warm up to them before they died when he was very young. Stumbling around and starving, one day he met someone who revealed himself to be an old con-man in the corner of some pub. The sketchy old man took Kechts into his care, sharing his meals with the child in exchange for help with his cheats and fake fortunes. When leprosy caught up to the man, he knew his time was coming. He spent the rest of his days teaching Kechts the art of sound magic since he started to grow fond of the boy, and hoped Kechts could take care of himself once he passed away.
Kechts made a living as the old con-man did, and grew up to be an information broker and messenger by utilizing his unique sound magic after perfecting it. He was highly sought after once rumors spread about his telepathy-like abilities.

Skills: Despite his appearance, Kechts is very strong and can use his cane as a blunt weapon.
He usually utilizes his sound magic by:
1. Frightening everyone by creating loud, shocking noises (e.g. battle cries or monsters roaring)
2. Distracting and almost deafening someone in close range using very high pitched sounds
3. Placing his hand on a person's head, allowing him to speak to them with near perfect privacy (i.e. telepathic whispering - Kechts prefers this as a primary way to communicate because of his very hoarse physical voice).

accepted

Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:26 pm
Site Admin

Love me some lore <3

I'm in the midst of exams so I actually wont have time to make a post til maybe Wednesday or Thursday. Wait for me to post LG please and thank you <3

Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:29 am
Site Moderator

Sorry about not posting lately. I've been quite busy and I intend to post today and from here on out try to post as soon as I possibly can to move the story along. Also Lore updates sometime soon, probably religion and the refined world map.

Edit: With newer developments I've also decided to work on creating a calender for the world (nothing fancy, just a way to tell the year and season) and as more things develop I'll have to create an index for arcane/magical symbols which will have to be fairly large and will be used to explain just how arrays/sigils operate, if the interest arises.

Thu May 09, 2013 3:43 am

Currently Playing: Mandolin
thx

Mon May 27, 2013 1:25 am
Site Moderator

Whim's back into the story if anyone cares. Still working on a finished world map that won't look so sketchy.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:15 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Are you still accepting characters?

Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:02 pm
 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next