The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 11:38 pm

[ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia VI [Town vs Town] 

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
Let's see, then. DJ, vote F&F. Then, we can get this over with and use your supposed "role." If it works, then I will most likely know. If nothing happens, you ain't no demo.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:52 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Well this is going nowhere fast. Or at all.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:57 pm

Currently Playing: Fable III
Panthera has recieved my PM (according to the forum), but he hasn't posted here.

Pachino hasn't even recieved my PM.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:58 am

BrikMaster4 wrote:
Well this is going nowhere fast. Or at all.

You're trying to suicide, of course this is going nowhere.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:50 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Apple Engi wrote:
Let's see, then. DJ, vote F&F. Then, we can get this over with and use your supposed "role." If it works, then I will most likely know. If nothing happens, you ain't no demo.

I haven't voted for Flash Flame in the past, I'm not going to do so now, for specific and logical reasons.

Why I Voted Crabby
As the Leader of the Theocrats, Crabby is more than likely to have recruitive or other desperate measure abilities.
It's the only logical course of action to get rid of the leader of an opposing team as soon as possible,
and since it's likely that we got rid two of his team mates that could potentially be protecting him, he's vulnerable, and we should take advantage of that while we can.

Why Crabby isn't a Democrat
Aside from my investigations, I personally find it obvious that Crabby isn't part of our team because of his constant wanting to get rid of somebody.
He jumped on the opportunity to lynch Flash Flame when the latter said this;
Mr. Flash & Flame wrote:
Believeblood wrote:
The way I see it, this "mafia" game could only have a useful day phase if, A)The monarchist, and democratics continue their team up on the theocrats(the most likely suspect being TUF) or B) Everyone votes for no lynch so everyone can activate there night roles. Seriously though, were all left in the dark...we don't even know if the person we lynch last day was really a theocrat or not. In fact we won't know if anyone we killed was the person we were targeting, so what's the point of lynching AT ALL, were just shooting a gun blind and not even hearing the bullet hit anything. The most logical thing would be to lynch TUF since he probably is a theocrat, but I still don't know that he 100% is, heck I probably won't know until the end of the game...any input guys?

I agree with Believeblood on this one. Since we are basically shooting in the dark by lynching yet another person.

I vote: No Lynch

Because it's his first time playing, (I think?) it's likely that Flash Flame was simply going along with a veteran player's reasoning and trying not to look "suspicious".
And yet Crabby immediately tries to break Flash's reputation because it benefits the Theocrats by weakening the other teams;
Crabby wrote:
What are you doing, flash and flame...

We have an easy theocrat we can lynch and you're willing to keep him alive another night? What if he's an investigative role? What if he's a killing role for the theocrats? What if he's the protective role? Killing him can only help the monarchs and democrats. Why are you willing to let him live and allow him to do damage during the night? The fact that you've voted no lynch when we have such an obvious target really leads me to believe you're one of the theocrats we should pick off...

Vote: TUF

Comments on Flash Flame in Bold.
The text in italic seems like sound reasoning. Actually it is sound reasoning. Sound reasoning that can be applied to Crabby.
Why should we keep him alive and allow him to do harm to the Democrats, especially when he's the Leader of the Theocrats and likely has the most dangerous abilities?

Coming back to Crabby's constantly getting rid of somebody behaviour, he says this after Flash Flame reveals his true alignement;
Crabby wrote:
C'mon democrats. Remember when FoD stated that the number of members in each group were not the same?

Mr. Flash & Flame wrote:
Well, my role is if me and my partner are alive, the king shall not die.

This comment suggests that the monarchs only started out with three people: F&F, his partner, and a leader. Best case, the partner was killed last night and the monarchs only have two members. Worst case, the democrats started with 4 members and Harpuia was a democrat; the democrats would have the same number of members as the monarchs. This is a great opportunity to take the lead and get rid of a monarch.

With the recent information that there is a good chance the democrats outnumber the monarchs, I'd say this is a good chance to take advantage and increase the lead.

This, again, seems like sound reasoning, but it's a subtle switch in sides. Only someone who is pretending to be on the leading team would be this aggressive towards an, up till then, ally.
See, Crabby takes advantage of the fact that the general population distrusts Flash Flame because of an easily detectable beginner's mistake and uses it to his own ends; getting rid of as many people as possible before he's found out.

Then, I finally get a chance to take a look at this topic and share my results with everyone, which Crabby dismisses as a "Bad attempt at getting the heat of the Monarchs".

If he were really a Democrat, Crabby would have taken the time to listen to my investigations and postulate why they had come up. Instead, it seems that he "knew" I was the "King". This again is Crabby ruining someone's reputation to weaken the other teams.

Why it's likely Crabby wasn't Driven
What kind of Bus Driver, regardless of alignment, drives the same two people for two nights in a row, (or uses his ability at all, for that matter)
when he doesn't even know who is on his team or what using his ability might cost him?

Why it's likely my Role isn't faulty
In a no role reveal setup with no distinct distinction between innocent and guilty, a faulty investigative ability would have just messed stuff up.
Fly or Die is smarter than that and I doubt he would have put an incorrect investigative ability in this particular game.

In other news, I absolutely Guarantee that another Democrat will be able to communicate with me tonight, unless I get roleblocked or something.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:00 pm

DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
Apple Engi wrote:

I haven't voted for Flash Flame in the past, I'm not going to do so now, for specific and logical reasons.

Why I Voted Crabby
As the Leader of the Theocrats, Crabby is more than likely to have recruitive or other desperate measure abilities.
It's the only logical course of action to get rid of the leader of an opposing team as soon as possible,
and since it's likely that we got rid two of his team mates that could potentially be protecting him, he's vulnerable, and we should take advantage of that while we can.

Why Crabby isn't a Democrat
Aside from my investigations, I personally find it obvious that Crabby isn't part of our team because of his constant wanting to get rid of somebody.
He jumped on the opportunity to lynch Flash Flame when the latter said this;
Mr. Flash & Flame wrote:
Believeblood wrote:
The way I see it, this "mafia" game could only have a useful day phase if, A)The monarchist, and democratics continue their team up on the theocrats(the most likely suspect being TUF) or B) Everyone votes for no lynch so everyone can activate there night roles. Seriously though, were all left in the dark...we don't even know if the person we lynch last day was really a theocrat or not. In fact we won't know if anyone we killed was the person we were targeting, so what's the point of lynching AT ALL, were just shooting a gun blind and not even hearing the bullet hit anything. The most logical thing would be to lynch TUF since he probably is a theocrat, but I still don't know that he 100% is, heck I probably won't know until the end of the game...any input guys?

I agree with Believeblood on this one. Since we are basically shooting in the dark by lynching yet another person.

I vote: No Lynch

Because it's his first time playing, (I think?) it's likely that Flash Flame was simply going along with a veteran player's reasoning and trying not to look "suspicious".
And yet Crabby immediately tries to break Flash's reputation because it benefits the Theocrats by weakening the other teams;
Crabby wrote:
What are you doing, flash and flame...

We have an easy theocrat we can lynch and you're willing to keep him alive another night? What if he's an investigative role? What if he's a killing role for the theocrats? What if he's the protective role? Killing him can only help the monarchs and democrats. Why are you willing to let him live and allow him to do damage during the night? The fact that you've voted no lynch when we have such an obvious target really leads me to believe you're one of the theocrats we should pick off...

Vote: TUF

Comments on Flash Flame in Bold.
The text in italic seems like sound reasoning. Actually it is sound reasoning. Sound reasoning that can be applied to Crabby.
Why should we keep him alive and allow him to do harm to the Democrats, especially when he's the Leader of the Theocrats and likely has the most dangerous abilities?

Coming back to Crabby's constantly getting rid of somebody behaviour, he says this after Flash Flame reveals his true alignement;
Crabby wrote:
C'mon democrats. Remember when FoD stated that the number of members in each group were not the same?

Mr. Flash & Flame wrote:
Well, my role is if me and my partner are alive, the king shall not die.

This comment suggests that the monarchs only started out with three people: F&F, his partner, and a leader. Best case, the partner was killed last night and the monarchs only have two members. Worst case, the democrats started with 4 members and Harpuia was a democrat; the democrats would have the same number of members as the monarchs. This is a great opportunity to take the lead and get rid of a monarch.

With the recent information that there is a good chance the democrats outnumber the monarchs, I'd say this is a good chance to take advantage and increase the lead.

This, again, seems like sound reasoning, but it's a subtle switch in sides. Only someone who is pretending to be on the leading team would be this aggressive towards an, up till then, ally.
See, Crabby takes advantage of the fact that the general population distrusts Flash Flame because of an easily detectable beginner's mistake and uses it to his own ends; getting rid of as many people as possible before he's found out.

Then, I finally get a chance to take a look at this topic and share my results with everyone, which Crabby dismisses as a "Bad attempt at getting the heat of the Monarchs".

If he were really a Democrat, Crabby would have taken the time to listen to my investigations and postulate why they had come up. Instead, it seems that he "knew" I was the "King". This again is Crabby ruining someone's reputation to weaken the other teams.

Why it's likely Crabby wasn't Driven
What kind of Bus Driver, regardless of alignment, drives the same two people for two nights in a row, (or uses his ability at all, for that matter)
when he doesn't even know who is on his team or what using his ability might cost him?

Why it's likely my Role isn't faulty
In a no role reveal setup with no distinct distinction between innocent and guilty, a faulty investigative ability would have just messed stuff up.
Fly or Die is smarter than that and I doubt he would have put an incorrect investigative ability in this particular game.

In other news, I absolutely Guarantee that another Democrat will be able to communicate with me tonight, unless I get roleblocked or something.

This comment have opened up some new possibilities. That's not to say that this post is sound though.
First of all why would DJ investigate the same person twice in a row if he didn't think that anyone with a bus driver ability would do such a thing?
Also even though crabby did try to taint some reputations, how could he have done so safely without knowing any of his other members? The chance of him actually lynching another one of his member was still very probable. Unless crabby knows who the other members of his party are, I doubt he would be able to put blame on people who could be his allies.
However I do admit it is suspicious how crabby broke the alliance so readily. I don't know if he wanted to get the other democrats to follow him or something, but he could have waited until flash and flame was lynch. If he had the democrats would have a better chance at taking on the monarchist, because without much doubt flash and flames might have been lynched sooner. The only solution to this question would be either, crabby rushed, or crabby wasn't part of the alliance to begin with. (ergo he's a theocrat.)
As of now I'm not siding with either crabby, nor DJ because I can't really be sure of anything now.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:05 pm

MGN Username: Pach
Sorry for the inactivity. I've been very busy lately and haven't really been able to keep up with this topic. I'll post my input on everything once I've had the chance to catch up on what's going on.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:53 pm

I change my mind. If Panthera doesn't post in 24 hours, I'm replacing him.

In other news, lynch deadline reset for 5 days. Choose carefully. (And there will be a twilight this time).

Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:01 pm
BR Member

Believeblood wrote:
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
*Snip*
Can you please not quote walls of text people.

This comment have opened up some new possibilities. That's not to say that this post is sound though.
First of all why would DJ investigate the same person twice in a row if he didn't think that anyone with a bus driver ability would do such a thing?
I said it was unlikely that a Bus Driver would have used his role during the first night, not impossible.
"Theocrat Leader" is an important result, I had to double check. It's unlikely that Crabby was driven to the same person twice.

Also even though crabby did try to taint some reputations, how could he have done so safely without knowing any of his other members? The chance of him actually lynching another one of his member was still very probable. Unless crabby knows who the other members of his party are, I doubt he would be able to put blame on people who could be his allies.
Crabby most likely knows how many people were in his party, and it's pretty obvious that KevinB and TUF were Theocrats.
However I do admit it is suspicious how crabby broke the alliance so readily. I don't know if he wanted to get the other democrats to follow him or something, but he could have waited until flash and flame was lynch. If he had the democrats would have a better chance at taking on the monarchist, because without much doubt flash and flames might have been lynched sooner. The only solution to this question would be either, crabby rushed, or crabby wasn't part of the alliance to begin with. (ergo he's a theocrat.)
As of now I'm not siding with either crabby, nor DJ because I can't really be sure of anything now.

Answers to your questions in bold.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Currently Playing: Guns and Guitar.
Yes DJ, this is my first mafia. I was also half asleep reading Believeblood's post, which is probably the reason why i have 3 votes on lynching me as we speak.

and FoD, who would be the replacement for Panthera if he doesn't respond?

Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:14 pm

DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
Believeblood wrote:
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
*Snip*
Can you please not quote walls of text people.

I said it was unlikely that a Bus Driver would have used his role during the first night, not impossible.
"Theocrat Leader" is an important result, I had to double check. It's unlikely that Crabby was driven to the same person twice.

I do admit that does seem like the rationale thing to do and maybe I jumped the gun there, but it's just I'm having trouble believing your whole investigation role. Maybe it's because you didn't exactly give a specific name for the leader of the theocrats, like pharaoh or something along those lines..
Crabby most likely knows how many people were in his party, and it's pretty obvious that KevinB and TUF were Theocrats.
How are you able to say most likely? There's no concrete evidence that leads to crabby knowing all these things.

Responds in italics.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:44 pm

I don't see how Crabby can be the Theocrat Leader. It may be possible, but I can't understand why you are so DETERMINED to kill off one guy when he can be someone else. Also, we still do not know if you even ARE an investigator, OR a Democrat, in that case.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:01 am

Mr. Flash & Flame wrote:
Yes DJ, this is my first mafia. I was also half asleep reading Believeblood's post, which is probably the reason why i have 3 votes on lynching me as we speak.

T_T

(not a face, a name)

Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:39 pm

Currently Playing: Guns and Guitar.
Fly or Die wrote:
Mr. Flash & Flame wrote:

T_T

(not a face, a name)

I think i know who you're talking about...

Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:48 pm
BR Member

Believeblood wrote:
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
Believeblood wrote:

I do admit that does seem like the rationale thing to do and maybe I jumped the gun there, but it's just I'm having trouble believing your whole investigation role. Maybe it's because you didn't exactly give a specific name for the leader of the theocrats, like pharaoh or something along those lines..
Hey, I'm not the one who invented the role. Fly or Die just said "Theocrat Leader". Who am I to question my own results?
How are you able to say most likely? There's no concrete evidence that leads to crabby knowing all these things.
If a Monarch Guard knows how many people are in his team, then I think it highly likely that the Leader of the Theocrats knows how many are on his.

Responds in italics.
And re-answers in underlined bold.
Apple Engi wrote:
I don't see how Crabby can be the Theocrat Leader. I gave... about 5 good reasons in my lengthy post above? It may be possible, but I can't understand why you are so DETERMINED to kill off one guy when he can be someone else. In case I haven't said so before, it's blatantly obvious that Crabby isn't a Democrat. Compare the benefits of lynching Flash Flame and lynching Crabby. If we lynch Flashy, we get rid of a minor member of an opposing team. If we lynch Crabby, we not only get rid of one of the Theocrats, we get rid of their Leader, who is most likely to have the most dangerous abilities. It would be pretty dumb to lose just because we let Crabby live long enough to recruit or do something else to enough of our members to overrun us. Also, we still do not know if you even ARE an investigator, OR a Democrat, in that case. I've claimed, told you all my abilities, and gave logical reasons behind all the actions that brought me "suspicion". What more do you want? I would use my communication ability now, but I have to wait 'till tonight.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:03 pm
 [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next