The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:28 pm

[ 12 posts ] 
My character 

Like my character?
OMGAWESOME!!!!!!!!111!!!1! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Great guy! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I like him. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
OK, I guess. 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Could be better. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Bad. 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Did you really think you could actually make a RP character? 62%  62%  [ 8 ]
Do a barrel roll! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13

My character 
BR Member

Well, I'm new to RPing, and I'm going to post a character I made up a while back.

NAME:Kyle Cebuma
APPEARANCE:White shirt, blue pants (not exactly jeans, but somewhere in the vicinity), blue headband (like Naruto's), brown leather shoes, not much hair, redhead, blue eyes, yellowish skin color (sort of like this), freckles, short. (Like, REALLY short. Like 3'2'' short.)
WEAPON OF CHOICE:Light blue Boomerang (mysterious material, with feel and weight of wood, but hardness and strength of adamant) about 1 foot 2 inches from tip to tip.
PERSONALITY:Naive, not extreme, mostly contented. Childish, attention deficient, never speaks, but instead uses sign language. Has an odd love of oblaten, as well as a phobia of major authoriative figures.
SPECIAL POWERS:He can use a multitude of different powers in combination with his boomerang. His abilities are mostly light and fast attacks with some killing power (but he prefers speed).
1)Blademerang. Boomerang turns into two combined blades for slashing and throwing. The blademerang can be split for slashing, but must be recombined for boomerang use.
2)Gale Boomerang. Like Link's in Brawl.
3)Tempest. An extreme form of Gale Boomerang, but requires charging.
4)Super Boomerang (Superang for short). His most powerful move, like a combo of toned-down Light Arrow (Zelda's Brawl FS), toned-down Critical Hit (Marth's Brawl FS), and a boomerang. Needs charging, though.
5)Aether. Like Ike's in Brawl, except he can stop at the height of his jump and start gliding with the boomerang.
6)Sonic Boom. Throws the boomerang, which begins emitting high-frequency sound waves. The only major problem with this attack is that Kyle must go to get his boomerang after throwing it, rather hard to do while it's emitting high-frequency sound waves.
7)Mental Guidance. Used mostly to guide his boomerang to the target, but is a weak form of telekinesis on other objects. (Weak as in maybe if he's lucky, the object might float two inches off the ground. If he's lucky.)
Also a variety of "basic" boomerang moves. (Basic "throw boomerang and catch it" and "smack upside the head" moves.)
Kyle himself is light and swift, but not too strong.
BACKGROUND: (none yet)
This isn't finished yet, I'll update him as I think up more.

Remember to vote!

Last edited by Densetsu on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:30 pm

Intresting choice of weapon, but you should work on his appearance, I don't even know what color his hair is.
Also, you should include more in his special powers, you know, how fast he is, how heavy he is, and about how lethal his attacks are.

Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:44 pm
BR Member

WarPandaXI wrote:
Intresting choice of weapon, but you should work on his appearance, I don't even know what color his hair is.
Also, you should include more in his special powers, you know, how fast he is, how heavy he is, and about how lethal his attacks are.

I added to his appearance, as well as giving him 2 extra abilities.
Oh, and the choice of weapon, well, originally Kyle was a martial-arts master (GERMAN SUPLEX!!!) but then I realized that only 2 fictional heroes I know of have boomerangs, 1 of them uses the boomerang, and neither uses it as their main weapon. So I decided, wouldn't it be cool to have a guy who uses a boomerang mainly? There you go.

Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:59 pm

Better, you also described weapon appearance, this is good. Some people may want you to tell exactly HOW short he is though, you know, feet, inches. I don't really care though. Also, be warned: Other people will most likely be harder on you, very very, much harder.

Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:04 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
Damn child prodigies....

Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:22 pm

Oh yeah, Kyzak will rage 'bout that. You may wanna change that to somthing more... Realistic.

Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:27 pm

Currently Playing: playerunknown battlegrounds
wow gee this is pretty good

Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:16 pm

Just about everything needs work, and definitely add more detail to appearance, personality, and a longer, more detailed backstory.

Fix it before Kyzak rips this piece before s*** apart.

Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:29 pm

Whimskull wrote:
Just about everything needs work, and definitely add more detail to appearance, personality, and a longer, more detailed backstory.

Fix it before Kyzak rips this piece before s*** apart.

Not going to bother, actually.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:11 am

Kay, if Kyzak doesn't really give a s***, I'll do it.
DensetsuNoKaboom wrote:
Well, I'm new to RPing, and I'm going to post a character I made up a while back.

NAME:Kyle Cebuma Nothing to say.
APPEARANCE:White shirt, blue pants (not exactly jeans), blue headband (like Naruto's), brown leather shoes, not much hair, red hair, blue eyes, yellowish skin color, short. (Like, REALLY short. Like 3'2'' short.) Jesus Christ. put some freaking detail in the physical appearance of your character. 'Not much hair', could be understood as nearly bald to just a small tweaking in hair. 'Red hair' could be understood as redhead, or dyed red hair. 'Blue eyes' what kind of blue? Marine? Royal? 'Yellowish skin' could be understood as lemon-guy. 'Short' is not a valuable word. And make f*** sentences when you write.
WEAPON OF CHOICE:Light blue Boomerang (mysterious material, with feel and weight of wood, but hardness and strength of adamant) Size? How he uses it?
PERSONALITY:naive, not extreme, mostly contented, never speaks unless using an attack. Has an odd love of oblaten.
SPECIAL POWERS:He can use a multitude of different powers in combination with his boomerang. His abilities are mostly light and fast attacks with some killing power (but he prefers speed). Oh God, here it comes...
1)Blademerang. Boomerang turns into two combined blades for slashing and throwing. 'Combined' means 'put together'. As far as I'm concerned, the boomerang just stays the same with sharp edges.
2)Gale Boomerang. Like Link's. You haven't thought that people might not know Link. Actually, I could say it's that guy in Stone Cold. And I would understand f***.
3)Tempest. An extreme form of Gale Boomerang. Just like in anime. A character's gotta have a normal form, super form and uberform. baaaaawwww, originality fail.
4)Super Boomerang (Superang for short). His most powerful move, like a combo of toned-down Light Arrow, toned-down Critical Hit, and a boomerang. Needs charging, though. Light arrow? Critical Hit? Wtf are all these undescribed things that you're talking about?! We can't know s*** about your character if you don't describe s***!
5)Aether. Like Ike's, except he can stop at the height of his jump and start gliding with the boomerang. Same problem with Link. Could be the Ike from South Park for all I care.
6)Sonic Boom. Throws the boomerang, which begins emitting high-frequency sound waves. And voilà, the beginning of god's play.
7)Mental Guidance. Used mostly to guide his boomerang to the target, but is a weak form of telekinesis on other objects. A 'weak' form of telekinesis, until it becomes so inconvinient that you can't stand just 'tweakening' it up a bit, overly used and godmod.
Also a variety of "basic" boomerang moves.
Kyle himself is light and swift, but not too strong.
BACKGROUND:Kyle lived with his mother in the town of Cylon when he was little. He never knew his father; all his mother would tell him was that he handcrafted Kyle's boomerang. His only friend in town was a girl named Chen. (Might make Chen if I get the time, but I have other possibilities in mind.) Kyle's true story starts when most of Cylon's inhabitants, including his mother and Chen, disappear after a huge windstorm. Unable to stand losing the only people who love him, Kyle goes on a quest to find Mother and Chen. Basic history. No originality, no interest, no details. What kind of a 12-year-old would go on a freaking journey across the world just to find his probably dead birthgiver and his petty girlfriend, who is also probably dead?! Oh, and totally unoriginal 'love' crap.
RANDOM TRIVIA:Kyle's last name, Cebuma, comes from the word Kaboom.
I actually made LEGO minifigures of Kyle and 3 friends he meets on his quest, as well as a man who turns out to be the main villain of the quest. (In fact, I was planning to make a Final Fantasy-type game with the minifigures, and got pretty far on it.)

Like him?

Oh, and it's fine if you RP as him, just as long as I'm not RPing as him in the same RPG at the same time.

Remember to vote!
Side notes: If Kyle isn't very strong, and nearly all the attacks he uses is with his boomerang... Well, if he isn't an idiot, like I would think he is, he would've normally supposed that he could lose his boomerang at one point. But that's his problem.
All in all, what Kyzak would call a 's*** sandwich'.

Answers in #8000BF.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:18 am

It's like if you shat your fan boy dreams on your screen, then made him your age.

Blue Mage wrote:
Nope, that chick's got tits. Pedobear ain't on that.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:18 pm

The above two posts convey my emotions for this in words I cannot convey.

Last bumped by Densetsu on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:20 pm.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:20 pm
 [ 12 posts ]