The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:35 pm

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
With his eyes closed, Damian definitely felt each energy, they had their own feel. After being asked a question by the girl, Damian responded "Yeah I can definitely feel it, it's energy has it's own unique feel compared to the rest and a stronger pull than the other energies, right?" He hoped he was correct, he wanted to get the hang of this quickly.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:34 am
Site Admin

Mystorium

"Great!!" replied Evelyn in a chipper manner that surprised even herself, "Umm yes, that's what you should be sensing, from now on you should do a bit of meditation each day, feel the various energies around yourself and you'll maybe be as good as myself. Maybe" she said with a skeptical manner eyeing him over once, back in her usual mood.

"But yes" Evelyn continued "I think I've found a trail that could possibly lead us to where the stolen object is located. What do we do now, Scotts?"

-------------------------------------

"HYEK HYEK HYEK HYEK" cackled the old woman in response to Johnny's question "It was a gift from the descendant of a sultan, yes, quite the antique, and priceless, very rare indeed. I never polished it though" she said with a glint in her eye "Perhaps I was a bit too careless with it...Though if what they say is true, it should not be difficult for you and your little friends to handle. Unless of course you'd like a little magic to help?"

Maximilian's glance around the room didn't reveal much. The backroom was rather small, the same deep velvet curtains that covered the entrance to the area from the store lined every wall making it seem like they were in a tent. There was a railing leading to what could be possibly assumed to be the upstairs apartment where Ms. Ignianus lived. In the middle of the room was where the old woman sat with her crystal ball, candle and ouija board. There was the constant disturbing sense of feeling watched while that seemed to persist.

Scrap Shop

Y'all need to organize yourselves.

Scrap Yard

The centre of the scrap yard remained quiet. There was a large magnet that hung overhead on a crane, and a large conveyor belt with assorted scrap metal waiting to be melted down or compressed in the flattening machine. The air felt different here, as if there was a storm brewing, though not a cloud could be seen in the sky.

"All by myself, don't wanna be, all by myself, anymore" an unseen radio suddenly began to play the classic song sung by Eric Carmen, "All by myself, don't wanna live, all by myself, anymore"

Sanctuary

Waiting for Tsubaki post.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:07 pm

"If the others are done in the back, I think we should report back tae Adi. We've done whit we came for. Besides, we'll want 'im with us when we try tae hunt this thing down." Logan responded. "I'll go see what's taking the others so long."
With that, he started toward the back room.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:32 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Johnathan could have said: "Well if it isn't hard to look for, why aren't you looking for it yourself?" But something else was bugging him. "Who are 'they' that you keep on mentioning?" He asked, intentionally avoiding her question. He had heard her talking about 'them' soon as he walked in; he couldn't take it anymore. Good thing Logan came in. That also helped him avoid her question. Honestly he didn't know the answer to that himself.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:02 pm

"Yes, I go to school here," Tsubaki replied rather absently, the question having gone over her head. She wished she could have shook Ms. Sullivan's hand, but of course, it was a silly gesture of Tasha in the first place. "It's an herbal bend my mother prepared herself. I hope you'll like it, I think its for my nerves as much as yours."

Tsubaki then proceeded to the miniature kitchen and began the water for the tea.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:46 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus waited for a response. When no one responded she said " Dot and I will be checking out the magnet." As she headed out into the scrapyard Dot began to turn her head side to side as if something was pounding on her eardrums. Lotus and Dot kept walking eventually Lotus began to hear music. Lotus began to walk in the direction of the music.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:48 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
"It seems another one of us ran off," Li told Alice, referring to Lotus. He shook his head, showing slight disappointment about the two younger students running off carelessly. "I suggest you go find them. I can head to the hospital and talk to the victim of the incident, see if he knows anything that could be useful." Li waited patiently for Alice to give him the ok before he went off on his own.

Music? Did someone leave a radio on? That was the first thing Dom thought of. Before wandering closer towards the magnet, he took the time to evaluate his surroundings. Something felt different to him in the air, but he couldn't put his finger on exactly what. Choosing to ignore it, he continued to slowly walk towards the magnet. By the time he reached the machine, Dom just realized there were no workers around here. He assumed they were all afraid of some freak accident happening again, but it couldn't be that big of an issue, could it? After giving the large magnet a good look, he noticed in the corner of his eye a tiger. With no other reason a tiger could be here other than Lotus, he turned towards her and called out.

"Hey Lotus, over here!" Dom shouted while waving his arms frantically.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:34 am
Site Admin

Mystorium

Logan's arrival to the backroom caused the old woman to smile disconcertingly, "Ah, I suppose it is time for you to go?" she said to the boys "I do hope that you find my lost treasure." She ushered them out through the curtain of her backroom and into the main part of the shop. "I cannot thank you all enough for helping little old me. I must admit that I was hesitant in seeking the aid, as you surely must be busy considering the going ons and present disturbances of the city, but they told me that you would help me," Her eyes glinted mischievously as she looked in Johnny's direction, once again having mentioned "them". "If you ever need anything of me, or would just like to chat, feel free to stop by."

Scrap Yard

For a few moments the music stopped and there was a sound of static and a high pitched ringing sounded. A small pebble rolled off from the top of the magnet and fell onto the scrapheap dinging on various metal objects before landing on the ground silently, and then there was silence. The strange tension in the air seemed to dissipate, leaving a feeling of emptiness in the atmosphere.

Sanctuary

"Ah, yes," replied Ms. Sullivan softly "Tea is always pleasant...very calming"

Library

Daniel opened the door and found himself suddenly hit with the musk of old papers and books. Entering the room, Daniel found himself in a library, the room was considerably much larger than it appeared from outside. Immediately, he would see four renaissance styled mahogany desks, each with six high-backed chairs of equal elegance and a two small table lamps situated on either end of each desk. One of these desks in particular were covered in an assortment of books, many of them simply left opened, as if their reader had just stepped out. Had he glanced at the books, he would find that they covered topics concerning spirits, something about the development of abilities, and history.

The room was fairly dim, though chandeliers hung from the ceiling providing a very soft light akin to candles, giving the room a mysterious and ancient feel. On a book pedestal, lay an enormous book under a low hanging light that shone much brighter than the chandeliers. Upon closer inspection, the enormous book was revealed to be the Librum Artium.

The rest of the room, as far as Daniel could tell, was filled with shelves of great height filled with many books, most of them old. Rolling ladders on tracks rested against most of the shelves to help reach the books of the upper shelves.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:44 am

The lady's behavior hadn't become any less eerie in the few minutes since Logan had seen her.
"Creeps me the hell out." He mumbled as he and the others returned to the store proper. Damian and Evelyn were waiting.
"Looks like we're just about finished up here. Let's report back tae Adi with what we've found." He said.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:02 pm

The lady had avoided his question just like he did earlier and quickly rushed them out. The way she looked when she talked about "them", possibly for the fiftieth time, Johnathan could tell she enjoyed doing that. Which slightly annoyed him. He hoped that would be the last time he had to speak face to face with her. "Right." Was the single word he said as he began to walk out of the store.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:30 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus and Dot looked at the boy who seemed to know them, when the music stopped. Both Lotus covered her ears as a extremely high pitch rang out of the radio. Dot began to thrash as the ringing continued. After it stop Lotus looked up at the boy, " Have you seen-" she stopped as a pebble began to tumble down the metal heap in front of her. Dot pounced at the pebble once it hit the ground. Lotus chuckled at Dot before asking her question again. " Have you seen anyone around?"

Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:44 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Alice sighed. "Oh, dammit," She said as she watched the white haired girl bounce from the room. "Yes, that's fine, head to the hospital Li." At least he could be trusted not to do anything stupid. "Well, if there's anyone else who feels like listening, come on, we need to find those two. Let's try the crane." Outside they could hear bursts of white noise and static. With her meager spiritual senses, it felt like she was surrounded by a feeling that was somehow both heavy and empty. The feelings and sounds got louder and harder to bear as they got closer to the crane. "I think today is going to be very unpleasant, Gregory."

Daniel was taken aback by the surprising size of the library. How big is this s****? He wondered. Even more astonishing was the odor of the room. It smelled like thousands of ancient books... Well, that's what it was. The amount of money spent on housing these tomes was probably more than his parents made in ten years. Realizing how long it would take him to search the entire place, he grumbled to himself before observing the first rows of the shelves. Afterwards he set his sights on the monstrous book atop the pedestal.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:11 pm
YIM WWW
Site Admin

Logan's Group

Logan's group left the Mystorium with a sense of relieve. The pull of the magical artifacts and the sense of being watched all the time was quickly becoming overbearing in the shop. Evelyn tucked away the particular trail that she had felt earlier, she would need to remember it for later when they went back to search for it with Adi.

As they walked along Ericson street there was a sudden sound of a honking truck horn, a baby crying and a woman calling for help. A young man jogging on the opposite sidewalk that the present group was walking on suddenly stopped as he saw what appeared to be a woman clutching her ankle on the ground and a baby stroller rolling into the middle of the street as a truck tried to come to a stop.

To the omnividently gifted group however, the scene was far more sinister. The woman was actually some sort of creature, whose call for help was actually a malevolent and twisted laugh, while the stroller and the baby were actually some sort of creature that looked like a skeletal hyena with glowing red eyes. It looked at the truck that was approaching and back at the young man who was attempting to save the baby with a grim and intelligent smile.

Scrap Yard

Once again, a wind began to pick up in the scrap yard. To Dom, he would innately be able to tell that this wind was not of the natural sort. Clouds began to form in the sky above the magnet as it began to be blown in the wind. It seemed as if it were about to start raining fairly soon, there was a rumble of thunder, though just as soon as the clouds had formed, they began to break apart and the sky returned to what it had been mere seconds before.

The radio crackled to life this time playing "Lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely, I have nobody, for my own"

Brody, who had been attempting to catch up with Alice, witnessed all these things and stopped in his tracks. "...What's going on..." he murmured to himself before resuming his pursuit. If they were heading to the magnet like he assumed, they could be in danger.

Hospital

Li's journey to the Darren General Hospital was relatively uneventful though there was a bit of a commotion around Ericson street, but he was on a particular mission so he did not have the time to be led astray. The secretary at the desk was fairly pleasant as today had been a fairly quiet day, leaving her in a cheerful mood. She directed Li to Mr. Turner's room on the third floor.

Hospitals were usually a fairly odd place for those gifted with Omnividence. While it was a place of healing, many people also died, or were put into an in between state while in a coma. As a result hospitals were typically swarmed with spirits, thankfully most of them were confused and harmless, but certain wards were a bit crowded. Occasionally, the SDU would go to the hospital to purge the ghosts from the area. While the spirits were largely not a threat to a living, as most of them had died through illness, their presence brought a sickly aura.

Luckily for Li, the particular ward that Mr. Turner's room had been placed was a newly added wing, so the presence of spirits was fairly negligible. A quick knock, and the youth was invited into the room by the man.

Mr. Turner lay in the bed with both of his legs hung in slings and the back of his bed raised so that he was sitting up. The room was bright, as a single window let in sunlight. There were flowers and get well cards spread about the room and a tray of partially touched food on the bedside table. A tv stuck out from the wall, which Mr. Turner turned off on the arrival of his guest.

"Ah, hello there, may I help you?"

Library

Daniel's innate sensitivity to spiritual phenomena, as expected of a disciple of Vitri, allowed him to feel that the book had a particular presence to it. The words Liber Artium were written across the ancient cover in gold and then without his doing the book opened and began to turn pages until it stopped on a page titled Artes Sanguinis.

Excerpt wrote:
The Artes Sanguinis are a vile and dark art. Its powers lie in the blood of living beings, a source of power forbidden to those born of Omnivdence. As such, its practice was banned among our ranks. However despite our efforts, there exists those who continue this dark practice, aligning themselves with creatures of darkness, such as the Strigoi. Like the monsters of this world, they prey on the innocent to supply their powers.

Sanctuary

"Have...have you ever had to face any of those...creatures?" asked Ms. Sullivan warily.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:58 pm

Logan and his group were certainly in the right place at the right time, but it made him wonder if it could really be a coincidence that such a situation would crop up in the middle of a paranormal investigation. The junior got a bad feeling about it, but he assessed the situation as quickly as he could and made a decision. Adi had left him in charge, and he didn't intend to let things go "pear-shaped" on his watch.
"Maximillian, ye're a strong runner." He began. "Stop that guy before 'e gets himself killed. Use force if need be." He then turned to the remaining three group members. "Evelyn, ye and the others chase down the demoness. I'll go after that bag o' bones. Something about this doesnae sit right. Let's move!" He gave the orders in quick succession, trying to waste as little time as possible, then took off after the skeletal creature.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:32 pm

This situation was just too perfect. If he didn't have such gifts and was led into a similar trap, he most likely would have fallen for it too. Was he worried about it? Of course. The question was did he have time to try and figure it out. It was pretty obvious the demoness was trying to get the innocent man ran over. After his billhooks materialized into his hands, he drew arx himself. Quickly, he runs towards the demon who was "injured". He held his billhook sideways against the creature's throat, ready to slice. "Hmph. I'll admit you've got some plan here," He observed, "Luckily we've arrived on time. If I didn't know any better I'd say you've known we would come down this street." He then began to plunge the billhook into the demoness's throat.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:49 pm
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 98  Next