The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:05 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Theft Topic... 

Theft Topic?
Yes 43%  43%  [ 6 ]
No 57%  57%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 14

Theft Topic... 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
Whimzer wrote:
Yes, but this example relies on the fact that someone finds out about it.

Not everyone here surfs the internet looking at forums full of sprites.
It's a good idea in theory, but it's near impossible to apply it due to the sheer amount of sprites on the internet.

You can tell one sprite from another...

Sat May 21, 2011 2:16 pm

Currently Playing: Mandolin
No, I mean, there are so many possible sprites you can find, what are the chances you would find a stolen one and how would you know that it was stolen?

What if you didn't know someone at MG made those sprites or someone on MG stole them from that person?

There are too many possible variables to make this a simple solution to the problem.

Sat May 21, 2011 2:22 pm
SSF2 Developer

Which is why you'd post em in the Theft Topic... The mods aren't the solution to everything...

Sat May 21, 2011 2:28 pm

No, you said the topic was for after you found the stolen sprites, but I said what if you didn't know they were stolen when you saw them somewhere else.

It's not that they were in the topic, because you said you put them in the topic AFTER you find out, not before as to say "oh just in case these are stolen this is what they look like"

This whole system is so complex it makes no sense.

Sat May 21, 2011 2:33 pm

Waifu: I'm married
ClashX wrote:
Ramsey wrote:
Masterp443 wrote:
Solutions:

1) Don't post your sprite to MG, even if you feel like showing off.
2) Put a huge watermark on anything you create, so a potential thief has a harder time stealing it.

Those are horrid solutions.

THANK YOU! You guys need to realize that It gets annoying having buncha PMs thrown atchu...

whoah whoah whoah hold on kid
you're not gonna have a "buncha PMs thrown atchu," because very few people actually care to steal your s*** sprites
if you were one of the best spriters in the site, you might have someone steal a sprite once every year or so
stop being a little self-important f***, nobody cares about your worthless "art"

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat May 21, 2011 2:34 pm
YIM WWW
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
I can sorta see where he's coming from, though. I mean, I've had a sprite stolen from me, and it was a pretty bad experience (mainly because the person was stubborn).

Sat May 21, 2011 2:38 pm

I don't see how b**** to the mods would help

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat May 21, 2011 2:40 pm
YIM WWW
Site Admin

Kittenpuncher wrote:
I don't see how b**** to the mods would help

Me either, but I can relate to him. Maybe Cleod9 would, as the founder of MG, send them a letter ordering the disuse of said sprite? Not that that would get them to listen. Who knows.

Sat May 21, 2011 2:42 pm
SSF2 Developer

what if you don't know the maker it's more trouble than you'd think...

@KittenF&%#er: STFU cause I wasn't even talkin bout myself and no it happens all the f&%#n time... People have stolen my things also and I fix the problem. I'm talkin about the devs they work hard and for what to get it stolen?

Now shutcho "Worthless" A$$ up and don't be comin at me for "being a little self-important f#%$&" When you got people like you comin on da internet actin like they kno Sh*t when yo A$4 probly f&%#n sits in the cornr all lonely cause NOBODY LIKES YOU.

Sat May 21, 2011 2:43 pm
Site Admin

ClashX wrote:
@KittenF&%#er: STFU cause I wasn't even talkin bout myself and no it happens all the f&%#n time... People have stolen my things also and I fix the problem. I'm talkin about the devs they work hard and for what to get it stolen?

Now shutcho "Worthless" A$$ up and don't be comin at me for "being a little self-important f#%$&" When you got people like you comin on da internet actin like they kno Sh*t when yo A$4 probly f&%#n sits in the cornr all lonely cause NOBODY LIKES YOU.

Getting irritated will do nothing. Just be logical and state back to KP how you feel in a manner which can be taken seriously. Not all n***** mode.

Sat May 21, 2011 2:45 pm

Nothing can prevent stealing in out digital world, this is pretty much a lost cause because there is little you can do about it.

Even if you find the person who stole your stuff, they wouldn't take it down.

Think about the kind of people who steal.
Do you think they would care what you say?

Sat May 21, 2011 2:46 pm

ClashX wrote:
what if you don't know the maker it's more trouble than you'd think...

i'm presuming you're a n***** or something?
also oh god kyuubit please post that one macro

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat May 21, 2011 2:46 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: The Game
I couldn't care less about the plight of spriters but please do not fling personal attacks at each other. That also includes you KP. He may seem a "self-important f***" with "s*** sprites" but it was really uncalled for.

Sat May 21, 2011 2:50 pm
SSF2 Developer

Ramsey wrote:
ClashX wrote:

Getting irritated will do nothing. Just be logical and state back to KP how you feel in a manner which can be taken seriously. Not all n#%$& mode.

LOL XD

Just sayin he has no right to call my art worthless when I was talking about dev made art that has been stolen... I know I'm far from an even okay Artist but atleast I don't come on forums a B*%^$ at people...

Thanks SS but I don;t know where he got "self-important f#%$& with s#%$& sprites" from considering I wasn't talkin bout myslelf...

Sat May 21, 2011 2:51 pm

I got "self-important f*** with s*** sprites" from you being a "self-important f*** with s*** sprites"

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat May 21, 2011 2:53 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next