The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:25 am

[ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
Wayward Winds 

O.O.C.
________________________________________________________________________________
Sorry. Another slow update, but things should begin to pick up.

Captain Avigo

__________________________________________________________________________________
Resisting the urge to join his followers in eating, Avigo loudly cleared his throat "Ahem... Now that we're all here..." He started, glaring over at the one who decided to sit in a corner. "I'll state our plan of attack." Fidgeting with his cravat, he continued on, although he didn't seem quite sure of himself at first "We will make our way to the entrance to the Shipyard. I know for a fact that we will not get into the yard without proof that we actually are docking a ship, so we are going to need some privateer uniforms, and it just so 'appens that there is a group of drunken buffoons wandering about the city wearing the exact outfit we need. According to Trevor, there is enough of them for each of us. Oh... and I 'ope you like navy blue." Resisting the urge to grab a particularly scrumptious looking pastry, Avigo pushed his chair away from the table and stood up. "Terribly sorry for not being able to dine with my own crew, but there are some last minute preparations I would like to take care of before we set off." Turning to Mr. Ponchelli and Trevor, he said his farewells. Mr. Ponchelli looked a bit bleak if not relieved, while Trevor quietly sobbed at the idea of his "Mentor-to-be" leaving. While shaking hands, the Captain took something from his bag and pressed it into the father's hand. "It has the Royal Seal on it. Wait five years for the seal to wear off before selling. 'Appy rest of your life." He quietly murmured in Mr. Ponchelli's ear. Turning away, the man clad in dark red walked over the exit. Before opening the door, he called out the the seated group, not bothering to look at them "Finish your meal, and meet me at the ship yard gates at noon. You may not be seeing Port Town for quite some time, so get any last minute errands done. Oh, and remember to pay the Ponchelli's for their troubles. ... I don't believe I ever gave you my name. I am Capt'n Avigo. You may call me Capt'n." And with a tip of his hat, he was gone out the doors.

Ponchelli Inn
________________________________________________________________________________
Stuttering, Mr. Ponchelli stared at the door long after the Captain had left. Still holding the item Avigo had given him. Shakily, he walked into the kitchen to show his wife. "Oh heavens!" She cried, dropping the dish she had been cleaning. "We're rich..." Mr. Ponchelli murmured before spinning on his heels and returning to his place behind the counter, still in a daze. In his hand was a large, elegant, diamond.

Objectives
-You can finish up the meal and exit the Inn when ready. Feel free to talk and act as the Ponchelli's.

- Now would be a good time to establish your character and have them get to know other characters.

-You have two hours until your character is needed at the gates. You can travel anywhere you please in town. It is up to you what your character does in those two hours.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:16 pm

Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2, Osu!, FTL, Cortex Command, Hearthstone
OOC: All right!
IC:
Lenard silently watched the Captain, or Capt'n, leave. Waiting patiently for the Ponchellis to get over the fact that they were then rich, Lenard stood up to leave. As a couple curious eyes strayed towards him, he immediately had an idea. Obviously, none of us know each other. Yet, we're going to be together, for some adventure. Might as well get acquainted with the rest, and check on who's to be watched. he thought. Ignoring the slight twinge of embarrassment, Lenard spoke.
"Well, now that the Captain is done discussing his plan, I think it's time that we get to know each other. Goodness knows how long our trip is going to be, so we might as well known who we are, at least." Lenard took a breath.
"Listen, I know not everybody's social. Neither am I. I just need to get this straight, we need to at least know our names, and what we're good at." Lenard then smacked his forehead. I forgot to introduce myself! he thought. Feeling his face burn up, Lenard went on.
"Anyways, I'll start. I'm Lenard. From the family of Jeri. I lived in a village on this island, in the north. And..." Lenard paused. "I'm what you might call a thief. So if you're missing a couple of coins, you could blame it on me." Lenard held back a snicker. "Don't worry, I didn't steal anything yet. Now, anybody else ready to introduce themselves?"

Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:34 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Captain Avigo, as he made his name known, had laid out his plan, involving the mugging of drunk sailors and passing off as some of them. Mugging people was distasteful, but it would serve their unfortunate victims right for being so ill-prepared for an ambush. He had not even gotten food for his horse Binky before the innkeeper stopped paying attention to him, saying he's rich, or something. Such manners were unfitting of a host. Having remembered that he had nothing but a corn muffin, Jong sat down at the table, not to eat, but to have a better look at the people he was going to work with.

"Well, now that the Captain is done discussing his plan, I think it's time that we get to know each other. Goodness knows how long our trip is going to be, so we might as well known who we are, at least. Listen, I know not everybody's social. Neither am I. I just need to get this straight, we need to at least know our names, and what we're good at. Anyways, I'll start. I'm Lenard. From the family of Jeri. I lived in a village on this island, in the north. And..." Lenard paused. "I'm what you might call a thief. So if you're missing a couple of coins, you could blame it on me." Lenard held back a snicker. "Don't worry, I didn't steal anything yet. Now, anybody else ready to introduce themselves?" a youth spoke up.

Well, he might as well get the names, Jong thought. He took out a bullet from inside his shirt; they were stored behind the breast pocket. It was made of lead, an easily found metal that became molten at lower temperatures than others that were suitable for use as a projectile. The bayonet no longer had a corn muffin on it, so he started to engrave the name of the thief Lenard Jeri on it.

"A thief huh?" Jong started as he engraved, "If I catch you stealing anything from me, I will use this bullet to end your miserable life."

It wasn't a menacing tone, in fact, one could almost describe it as pretty casual.

"Former Reiter of the Army now Man-at-arms, Jong Pom-chu," he added quickly after.

He changed his posture and body language, telling anyone who could read it (consciously or not) to signal that he was not going to speak any more for a while.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:38 am
Site Moderator

At least it wouldn't be a hard fight Ari thought. After the captain left, and Ari secretly nicknaming him "Captigo" in his head, he quietly waited until someone decided to introduce himself. A thief... he thought.He waited again, for another response. Maybe I should go... after the man sat down, Ari stood up. "I'm Ari, or Birdy if you want to call me that." he said. "About me...I really don't know anything about myself, minus knowing about various explosives, psychokinesis, oh, and falling from the sky." Staring down and standing completely still, he finally added: "I don't suppose there's two nations called something like Relagel and Sevar warring with each other right?".

Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:29 am

A bullet? thought Lenard. Ah. One of those projectiles. From those stick-like contraption. If I remember that one fur trader correctly, he said that those make a loud explosion when hunting. Hmm... Perhaps the noise could distract or stun those hearing it, along with the projectile's impact. As for the man named Ari... Well, Lenard wasn't sure what the demolitions man would be able to preform, save for making a loud noise, and leveling a building. I'm not thinking enough. I'm too accustomed to running and suprise, and not brute force.
"Well, I'm pleased to meet both of you. Perhaps under difference circumstances you could end my miserable life, should I not be able to catch your bullet, Mr.-er-Pom-Chu." Lenard said jokingly. Reaching for a random assortment of vegetables, Lenard heard his knives dig into his tunic. "Oh lord." He said, pulling his arm back. "Can anybody allow me to stea-erm-borrow some money. For a needle. I might as well repair this before it tears any further."

Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:27 pm

New Entry: Raleigh Wile

As Raleigh made his way through the thick foliage of the forest, he thought to himself. He had arrived on an island unknown to him, but he was right at home here. The heavy plant-life of it's wilderness made the place dark and very suitable for daytime hunting. Raleigh's sharpened senses gave him an acute advantage over his prey. However, he was careful to avoid traveling at night and shun nocturnal predators. He had already hunted down a week's worth of food, as well as some assorted animal pelts. Raleigh may have been tired from hunting, but there was no way he would pass up a smorgasbord like this. After days of tireless hunting, he decided it was time to move on to a new island, lest he become too comfortable in the new environment. Raleigh made his way through the wild, eventually coming to the island's port town. He hastily decided to rest some before moving on. In town, he saw what appeared to be a suitable place to spend the night before moving on. A large sign out front read "Ponchelli Inn". Though he had no funds, Raleigh was sure he could barter for a night's sojourn with meat and animal skins. He made his way inside and moved to talk to who seemed to be the proprietor of the place, not at all oblivious to the gathering of hardy-looking men. He approached Mr. Ponchelli and asked if he might stay the night in return for something, noticing that the man looked strangely joyful. Ponchelli agreed to allow him to stay the night for a squirrel, a price that seemed rather low to Raleigh. Perhaps it had something to do with the man's disposition... Raleigh proceeded to an unoccupied table and pulled some meat from his pack and began to eat, eyes always watching the group on the far side of the room.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:22 pm

Johnny smiled and acknowledged the thief as he left the tavern. He traveled along the road not knowing exactly what he should do in the two hours he had of free time, when he saw a giant bottle of beer. A Bar! Johnny knew this couldn't be the smartest idea, but it definitely appealed to the young man. He walked into the bar calling to the barman "Hey barman, can I get two shots of whiskey?" The barman shortly came back with the two shots. Johnny downed the first glass in a matter of seconds. Quickly grabbing the second glass, he downed that one too. Then, while slurring, he whistled at a couple of women in the corner. Suddenly a man sitting with the women walked over with an angry face. The man pushed Johnny to the ground. "What was that for, man?" Johnny yelled angrily. The man then socked him in the face. "Alright, if that's how you want it, buddy." Johnny roared as he jumped at the man. He punched the man in the gut and followed up with an uppercut. The man fell to the ground clutching his face. Johnny stepped on his face then burped. He could tell he was drunk. But he was so mad at this man. He ground his foot in and blood splashed everywhere. Girls screamed. A man was saying that he was getting the cops. Johnny realized what he was saying and ran out of the door silently...

Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:59 pm

For the first time, Flynt actually looked at the occupants of the room, taking notice of the one who'd just entered.
The Captain had left us. This would have a dual purpose: to finish his "last minute preparations," and to give us an opportunity to mingle.

"Well, now that the Captain is done discussing his plan, I think it's time that we get to know each other. Goodness knows how long our trip is going to be, so we might as well known who we are, at least.
"Listen, I know not everybody's social. Neither am I. I just need to get this straight, we need to at least know our names, and what we're good at.
"Anyways, I'll start. I'm Lenard. From the family of Jeri. I lived in a village on this island, in the north. And..." Lenard paused. "I'm what you might call a thief. So if you're missing a couple of coins, you could blame it on me. Don't worry, I didn't steal anything yet. Now, anybody else ready to introduce themselves?"

The man named Lenard talked a bit with another man named, "Jong Pom-chu", or something like that. This wasn't the time or place for tension, so he decided he'd try to lighten it. Flynt threw a small leather bag over to Lenard, which was filled with a few coins. It was the last bit of money he had, but hey, he wouldn't be needing it anymore.
Since Lenard was trying to get everyone to talk, Flynt decided it'd be polite to say something. These WERE his shipmates, and he didn't need them to think he didn't like them. He stood up and said,

"To make an introduction, my name is Flynt. I don't know exactly where I came from, but that doesn't matter now. I'm pleased to be able to sail with you all."
With that, he sat down, wondering if anyone else would speak.

Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:31 am

Slightly startled, Lenard's reflexes kicked in as the small bag of coins hopped over the side of the table. Snatching it from the air, he heard the man named Flynt introduce himself.
"Hey, Flynt. Thanks for the money." Lenard nodded. "Nice to meet you. Do you happen to specialize in any type of combat? Any skills that you have?" This is going really well! thought Lenard. Perhaps, once I get acquainted with our shipmates, I could actually formulate a strategy for any future encounters. As Lenard pocketed the money, he sat down again, ready to listen to Flynt or anyone else who spoke up.

Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:00 pm

Raleigh watched events unfold with growing interest. He was normally not one to succumb to whims, but curiosity got the best of him. He put down his food and walked hesitantly to where the others were. He made sure to wait until none of them were talking before he spoke up.
"Excuse me." He said. "But would you mind my asking exactly what you're doing here?" Then, thinking that he was perhaps being a bit too forceful, he added, "I happened to notice all of you as I walked in. I couldn't help but wonder just what you were up to."

Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:20 pm

Johnny dashed out of the bar. He could hear the sounds of the royal officers coming closer. He looked back only to see four of them come around the corner. "There he is!" One of them yelled. They were running after him. Johnny had no choice but to keep running along the cobblestone roads of the town. They were getting closer and another group of them came around the corner in front of him. He was trapped. He was on an overhang above the ocean. Wait, that's it, Johnny thought and smiled to himself. The officers were now all around him. Johnny lifted his hands in surrender but then did a back flip which he later regretted and dove into the ocean. Johnny could see bubbles surrounding him as the water surrounded him. Johnny swam to the surface and started to make his way back to the inn. He arrived at the beach and collapsed. "Ugh, I hate seawater" he grumbled as he clambered to his feet. The inn was just over the hill and he would have to enter it in the most inconspicuous way possible. He arrived at the inn pulling open the door and slamming it as quickly as he could. He peeked out the window to make sure that the officers hadn't followed him here. He then spun around and continued socializing as if nothing had happened although most of the people here probably wondered why he was soaking wet.

Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:05 pm

OOC: Lol, there's going to be a lot of cutting people off.
IC: Lenard silently laughed in his head as commotion burst inside the inn. Turning around, he nodded towards the man that went out, and back in.
"Looks like someone has something to drink." Turning to the man at the other table, he spoke again.
"We're gathered here discussing a plan for a Captain. About a small raid upon a floating piece of wood and vengeance-something 'long those lines. I'm guessing that you're welcome to join..." looking at the group for their thoughts. Seeing some looking doubtful, he turned back to the other man. "Anyways, what's your name?" he asked, squinting his eyes, so they appeared as two black slits. "Or would you like to talk first about what you do?" Lenard added, turning to Flynt.

Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:39 pm

"The name's Raleigh." Raleigh replied brusquely. "Raleigh Wile. I'm a drifter, so I've got plenty of time on my hands. Perhaps I could be of assistance. Of course, I'm not one to rush into things. Would you mind explaining in more detail exactly what's going on here? Just what kind of 'vengeance' do you have in mind?"

Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:01 pm

"Oh, not me." said Lenard. "I'm just looking to go somewhere. It's the Captain... erm... Avigo. He's going to strike at some group or something. You'll hafta ask him." Grasping his knives, Lenard fought out one more question from his head.
"So, uh, what can you do? Combat-wise?"

Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:30 pm

"Well," Said Raleigh politely. "I am a crack-shot with a bow, and somewhat handy with a knife. However, I find myself to be better at swashbuckling than anything else. I am knowledgeable in herbs and plant-life, and earn what I eat through hunting. And you?"

Last edited by Nate on Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:04 pm
 [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next