The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:40 pm

[ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 38  Next
Fox 
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
It's new enough: no serious discussion of it on here, no serious video made about it, etc. For the vast majority of SSF2 players it will be new. It's slightly incorrect, sure, but unless someone specifically is the discoverer and I need to credit them, I see no reason to change it.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Mon May 18, 2015 6:26 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
It's new enough: no serious discussion of it on here, no serious video made about it, etc. For the vast majority of SSF2 players it will be new. It's slightly incorrect, sure, but unless someone specifically is the discoverer and I need to credit them, I see no reason to change it.

Like I said before, I found out about it and never went into depth about it due to hearing others saying it was unless. So you can credit me. Also just say its an old technique, but you are bring it to light. That's not hard to put on the description of the video.

Edot:I found this out last demo to be exact.

Mon May 18, 2015 7:36 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
lmao nierya if you didn't analyse it or find any uses for it you don't deserve credit
cmon

also where's the proof?

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Tue May 19, 2015 6:27 am

Jammy wrote:
lmao nierya if you didn't analyse it or find any uses for it you don't deserve credit
cmon

also where's the proof?

It was SS's stream two years ago, so how can I get proof from back then? Also even if I posted about the technique on the forums, the devs deleted some topic pages and brought about new ones so how can I get the proof if someone got rid of it?

Also nice wording that sentence there Jam Jam.

Also I did analyze it and found uses for it, but it was ridiculed for not being useful so I dropped it.

Also since you want to purposely get my name wrong, than maybe you shouldn't join in the conversation.

Tue May 19, 2015 1:45 pm
BR Member

There's a Cemetery where you can find old posts and stuff.

I've been a part of this community for a while. I've seen maybe some passing comments about what it is, but no actual discussion of it as a Technique and not just a cute little thing, like Falcon's sliding uspecial last demo. If you think that there was some discussion of it somewhere that went into uses and how it could be used to make the puffball MU's easier or anything like that, then message me with details so I can clarify it. However, if you can't, then I fail to see how this AT is not new.

Messing around with it and knowing that it exists as a physics exploit is different than knowing how to use it tournament matches or how it adds to Fox's metagame, and keep that difference in mind.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Tue May 19, 2015 2:18 pm

Waifu: Yume
Question, does anyone actually use Fair? I find more often than not, it doesn't connect fully and the fall speed + the move animation make it impossible to save yourself if you do miss.

Maybe i'm just playing him wrong, I know nair and bair are his bread and butter.

Tue May 19, 2015 5:01 pm

Derk wrote:
Question, does anyone actually use Fair? I find more often than not, it doesn't connect fully and the fall speed + the move animation make it impossible to save yourself if you do miss.

Maybe i'm just playing him wrong, I know nair and bair are his bread and butter.

I use it sometimes to extend my combos or able to get certain follow ups from using the move.

Tue May 19, 2015 5:23 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
Derk wrote:

SHFF Fair can be followed up with a shine, and the shine can be followed up with numerous different follow-ups, though I'd usually go for bair or dair. I believe you can follow up with Upsmash after SHFF fair, though I'm not sure. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

And obviously, I'd never use it off stage. But its a pretty solid move on-stage.

Tue May 19, 2015 10:47 pm

dopeness wrote:
Derk wrote:

SHFF Fair can be followed up with a shine, and the shine can be followed up with numerous different follow-ups, though I'd usually go for bair or dair. I believe you can follow up with Upsmash after SHFF fair, though I'm not sure. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

And obviously, I'd never use it off stage. But its a pretty solid move on-stage.

I have been able to follow up with up smash sometimes.

Tue May 19, 2015 11:17 pm
BR Member

If you're fast, you can get all sorts of things: utilt, ftilt, jab, Shine, usmash, etc.

It's not great just because it's hard to hit with the good parts of the hitboxes on fair, and that it's nearly impossible to get all the hits against a good opponent, but if you can nail the good parts coming down on the last couple of hitboxes it's a good alternative to weak nair.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Wed May 20, 2015 9:11 am

MGN Username: SickHakma
Currently Playing: Game
Strategy against fighting Link with Fox?

EDIT: A spammy link who spams Spin and bombs

Amazarashi
YouTube Video:

Tue May 26, 2015 9:31 pm

Airtaters wrote:

Hmmm best to laser him out. Yeah I hate bomb spammers because the bomb can just shield stab you, even when the littlest parts of your body is open.

I mostly go out while being careful and combo the hell of the Link. Make sure to know where the bomb is going before going in. I would say perfect shield yourself, but even sometimes the explosion will shield stab you.

Tue May 26, 2015 9:41 pm

MGN Username: SickHakma
Currently Playing: Game
ZERO_OR wrote:
Airtaters wrote:

Hmmm best to laser him out. Yeah I hate bomb spammers because the bomb can just shield stab you, even when the littlest parts of your body is open.

I mostly go out while being careful and combo the hell of the Link. Make sure to know where the bomb is going before going in. I would say perfect shield yourself, but even sometimes the explosion will shield stab you.

THANK YOU FOR THE ADVICE/REPLY BUT

When I try to multishine I fail misearbly. Especially the Laser Shine cancel wombo combo thing. Any advice?

Amazarashi
YouTube Video:

Tue May 26, 2015 9:48 pm
BR Member

For Link you have to realize that your advantage is speed and the fact that you can punish Link effectively. Practice comboing character's with frames and weights like Link and learn how to combo them and at what percents you can get what. At low percents, uthrow -> uair is deadly for Link. Many Links just spam dair as a landing option, so you can trick people by uthrowing, staying there (or jumping just to make them use the move), and shield -> punish. You can also nair -> shine -> bair and nair -> shine -> nair, as well as drillshine stuff, but if multishines are hard for you I doubt these are a good idea in tournament.

Lasers IMO are a bad idea: Link can cover so much space that letting him pull a bomb, get a boomerang out, and zone is exactly what you don't want. Seek and exterminate! Link's moves tend to the laggy side, so get in that butter zone where you can punish boomerang or bomb pull but you can't be hit by the sword and wait for them to do something. Wait out the hitbox (takes a while if they Spin Attack, so laser a couple of times if you want), run in with nair or something, get your damage, and then get out again.

About multishines: practice, and make sure to use a keyboard that has fairly light keys if you use a keyboard. My multishines vary noticeably from keyboard to keyboard, so I would stick with a good one for this and practice just on that. A rhythm is more important than mashing: you'll do better if you keep time with your button presses instead of just pressing it as fast as you can. Also, don't forget to beat up CPU's with this: hitlag and shieldlag vary the timing, so you should practice things like nair -> shine -> grab or nair -> double shine on a CPU (start with DK and work your way down to Puff) until you get the timing down. Although it's more difficult because you can't set CPU's to shield, try working in practice (perhaps against real players) for shield pressure. You should really never be shieldgrabbed unless you throw out laggy moves like utilt, dash attack, and dtilt: if other players are shieldgrabbing your nair or bair, you're doing it wrong. When you hit a shield, you should mixup Shine pressure in such a way so that they can't grab without getting Shined and then you have an option after that (grab, usmash to read a jump, bair to get away, etc.) Hope this helps!

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Tue May 26, 2015 10:52 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
multishines are not very useful imo
double shines are the most you should be doing in reality - mix em up with aerials and single shines for shield pressure

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Wed May 27, 2015 4:07 am
 [ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 38  Next