The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:13 pm

[ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
Zero Suit Samus 

MGN Username: VillagerIsLove
Currently Playing: Smash 4, SSF2, Terraria, Fire Emblem: Awakening
I didn't, but I noticed that it almost only happens when I'm under the stage. I'm still trying to find some kind of keyboard input recorder so you can see what I pressed.

__
Secondaries
__
3DS FC: 3540-1270-5229

Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:51 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Does anyone else notice Zamus has like, the worst side step and get up roll in the game? Probably because of her high mobility right?

Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:51 pm
YIM
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
So, I've been thinking about ZSS and her shield options. Her grab game is good, but considering the risk associated with doing shield grab I don't think its that great an option. Her upsmash/up-spec hit above her so they aren't good. Maybe jumping up-spec can be good as a "get me outta here". I feel like none of her aerials work because they don't come out fast enough. I have had success with jump->immediate down-spec, and you can control its direction. It also doubles as a way to punish stuff. You can also do utilt out of shield, and since hers comes out really fast, reaches out a distance, and hits pretty high, it seems like her best OOS option overall.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:33 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Usmash has deceptive side range, I use it to catch people who approach shields with well-spaced aerials (SoldierSunday) that wouldn't be caught by a grab. If they SDI out you get a free bair, so that's why I use it over upB.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:44 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
I would never use upb as an oos shield option lol, it would be like using the Ice Climber's up-spec OOS. Good to know about the range on upsmash tho!

Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:06 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Starkiller2 wrote:
I would never use upb as an oos shield option lol, it would be like using the Ice Climber's up-spec OOS. Good to know about the range on upsmash tho!

I've seen Fly Amanita use Up-B out of shield with IC's and land it :P but of course, I'm just being annoying. You're right though

Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:31 pm
SSF2 Developer

Sorabotics wrote:
Starkiller2 wrote:

I've seen Fly Amanita use Up-B out of shield with IC's and land it :P but of course, I'm just being annoying. You're right though

Thats when mindgames are so advanced the low-level scrub stuff works again :P or he's just showing off lol

Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:25 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Starkiller2 wrote:
Sorabotics wrote:
Starkiller2 wrote:

Thats when mindgames are so advanced the low-level scrub stuff works again :P or he's just showing off lol

Yeah, he was showing off :p but he is quite good with his desyncs. Anyways....

Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:15 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
What do you guys think of my ZSS play? Keep in mind this was pretty old, and I wasn't very good, but any advice would be appreciated.
YouTube Video:

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:07 pm
SSF2 Developer

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
What do you guys think of my ZSS play? Keep in mind this was pretty old, and I wasn't very good, but any advice would be appreciated.
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPdaWRj2NXc&feature=youtu.be ]

I don't think you short hopped once in that game lol. ZSS has a low short hop, and SH uairs are insanely good is any matchup. The primary focus against a Link is to use your speed advantage to pressure and not let him get any projectile shenanigans going. If you get above him, he has bombs and uair to juggle with and that can be a lot of damage. On the flip side, getting Link into the air is great because ZSS' uair is really big and fast, plus if you know Link is going to dair you just have to avoid it (easy) and punish the lag. Counterplay to avoid the lag punish would be going for an edgecancel.

I think d-spec meteor on Link's recovery is actually a good idea, it puts ZSS above and behind his sword.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:16 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
keep in mind that uthrow will be useless against humans since they'll have good DI

also those long distance grabs you went for should probably have been sideBs

Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:05 am

Currently Playing: Robin via SSB WiiU
I find ZZS hard to beat when it's in the hands of someone who know's how to utilize her skill.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:47 am

MGN Username: VillagerIsLove
Currently Playing: Smash 4, SSF2, Terraria, Fire Emblem: Awakening
Yeah I agree, Zero Zuit Samus is a pretty OP character. Zero Suit Samus is a fine one though.

__
Secondaries
__
3DS FC: 3540-1270-5229

Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:43 am

MGN Username: GokuisBeast
Zamus is my 2nd runner up, with main being Goku and runner up being sonic... She is awesome, and she and her combos go beast mode in turbo mode... ( i like turbo mode a lot , as you'll see). I really have no complaints with her, as to me she is easier to play with than Samus. One tiny complaint though is that i wish her (stun?) pistol would go a farther distance and freeze maybe 2 secs longer.

3. Realize how stupid you just sounded and how weak your punch was......right before you got K.O'd in a real fight like me I mean err...... before you get caught with that stupid costume on,like me I MEAN DOH!

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:37 pm

MGN Username: GokuisBeast
Heres a little hint......... if you use Zamus's Down smash while you have a Home run bat, the opponent will be paralyzed long enough for you to smash them off the stage. Try it, and you'll see.... :nod:

3. Realize how stupid you just sounded and how weak your punch was......right before you got K.O'd in a real fight like me I mean err...... before you get caught with that stupid costume on,like me I MEAN DOH!

Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 pm
 [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next