The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:45 pm

[ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Superhuman: The Hunt 

Currently Playing: The Game
There was a diner up ahead. If Mieville was tracking an adult, he would have headed for the pub, but that presented two problems, one that it had been long enough since the night time break out that it was starting to become morning and second, his targets were children. Having mostly smoothly cruised down the mountain, a bout of drowsiness started to take grip. Such was it that he thought he heard a voice as he drove.

"I'm scared."

Wise to this development of having been awake longer than he should, Mieville found a place on the curb that was empty. The diner was on the opposite side of the street and he pulled the handbrake and twisted the steering to the side (I forget what side do they drive on in America). Perfect power parking, if he had to say so himself but he restrained himself. He lightly nudged Wyatt, hoping that fatigue had not taken its toll on his partner.

"Our targets may be in this city and most likely in that diner," Mieville started, "You can either come with me and watch me drink a cup of coffee or you can check out the layout of the town."

Regardless of what his partner chose, Mieville got out first.

"Keep in touch," he added needlessly.

Mieville opened to the door and stepped inside. The smell of fresh food wafted and struck him right in the face and as it was obvious that he hadn't eaten in a while yet, his stomach grumbled slightly. Hurriedly walking to the counter he took a seat as the waitress greeted him.

"A cup of coffee, the darkest and strongest you got," Mieville ordered almost showing his drowsiness.

Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:24 pm

(I wasn't charged this much without being locked in a tube for a long time, It is good to have this feeling back.) Ray thought smiling, As he hears the knocks on the door and the terrified shape shifter "What is the point? We will face her sooner or later." Ray replied calmly as he approaches the door and open it then kicks it to hit the woman and knock her down.

Once upon a time... Animals were telling each other jokes all of them laughed except the donkey, And in the next day they found the donkey laughing and when they asked him for the reason he said "I understood yesterday's joke."

Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:43 pm
Site Moderator

Wyatt rose with a small burst of energy, and silently followed Mieville after closing the car door and stretching his arms. He didn't have much sleep before the escape, and the exhaustion was going to him. "Might need a pick-me-up" he mumbled as he scrathed his neck.

Entering, the scent came to him, although the ration bar made sure he wouldn't be able to eat for a while. Taking a nearby seat left of Mieville, he asked for the same kind of coffee, as he played around with a nearby pepper shaker, pretending not to notice the nervous four customers.

Last edited by Green Mage on Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Hammurabi looked around at the other Superhumans. They all were staring at Lucasta now. "Dammit..." he muttered, slamming his fist against the wall of the pickup truck. "How far did that go?" he continued. Staring back down at Lucasta, he noted that she was still out.
Suddenly, something pulsated in his mind. It was another projection. "They're near...They're near"
"What does that mean?!" He shouted at her unconscious state. "How can you even tell if someone is near or not?! That's not your ability! What's going on!"

Lucasta's eyes began to open again. She was tearing up, just on the verge of crying. "They're near..." she muttered to Hammurabi beginning to bawl uncontrollably. Hammurabi looked around him and pulled Lucasta towards him, trying to calm her down.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Currently Playing: Zero Time Dilemma
The apartment, while scarcely furnished, had a comforting atmosphere. The various plants and flowers on the windowsill were quite a sight to behold, being the room's defining feature. A small kitchen opening rested to the left of the door, small appliances scattering the wooden counter tops. Edmund did not own a bed, instead choosing to sleep on the old couch he had inherited from his parents. A series of rings erupted from the small corded phone in the corner of the living room, shattering the silence. After launching his assortment of couch pillows at the device, it was quite obvious that he was doing nothing to stop the unceasing noise and decided that the time had come to change plans.. Edmund slowly got off of his worn couch, making small steps towards the phone. With his blinds closed and the lights off, it was hard to make a judgment as to the time of day. Grasping at the handset, the man pressed the "Talk" button, bringing the phone up to his ear as he did so. He spoke a calm "Hello." into the receiver, waiting for a reply from whomever was on the other end. Perhaps it was time to invest in Caller ID.

OoC: So sorry for not posting.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:41 pm
Site Admin

OOC: Just in case you were wondering why I randomly talk about superhumans who weren't mentioned in the escape, they're for the agents who might want to capture them.

Thalia walked over to the guest with her usual welcoming smile and bunch of menus held in the crook of her arm. She led them over to a booth and placed both of the menus in front of them.

"A cup of coffee, the darkest and strongest you got,"ordered one of the men. The other man asked for the same thing. "Alright" she said while scribbling on her notepad "TWO HOT JAVAS!" she called out suddenly.

"THAL'S SPECIAL JAVA COMING UP!" yelled a voice from the kitchen. She smiled down at the young men, "Well what would you strangers like to have today? We eggs, bacon, pancakes, toast, the whole breakfast shebang." she said enthusiastically.

There were three other groups who were in the diner that early morning. One with a booth of four people, another with a couple and lastly an angry looking old man with a newspaper in front of him. He constantly shuffled his newspaper loudly as he looked at it and he constantly felt the need to clear his throat.

Esther looked at the boy sadly, and shook her head. "You're going to get captured easily with that big head of yours." was all she said. She then walked away from him and entered the kitchen changing her shape to that of an agent's, she opened the window and climbed out before anything further could happen while she was there.

Huntress opened the door just as the boy kicked it open. Her eyes glinted treacherously as she observed the boy for a split second before she lashed out with her nails, clearly scratching through the fabric of the boy's shirt. "You see," she said menacingly while standing away from the door. "I'm called the Huntress for a specific reason. If I had some sort of weakness to the prey I was hunting, would I truly be a huntress? That is why I have many tricks up my sleeves for many of you deserters. My skills are unparallelled to the likes of you. Now be a good lightning lad and get back to the facility, before I make you."

Orage had approached a city as well though he knew that he wouldn't be seen as long as he stayed within the clouds. He raised himself up while spinning a cloud around himself. The bug-like creature continued his pursuit below he threw a bolt of lightning down at the humanoid bug, to the right of him, a clear miss, he did not intend to harm him, yet.

A woman's voice spoke to Edmund, clear and serious. "Your country needs you." she stated first, allowing the phrase to soak into the person she hoped she was speaking to, it was something the government always did. "The United States of America, your home, requests that you take in special guests. These special guests have been declared targets by a terrorist organization and they are no longer safe within the government. After much deliberation your home along with many others throughout the country have been declared safe for the guests to stay in while the terrorists hunt for them. Do not under any circumstances reveal their whereabouts to anyone, people will pose as the government, or perhaps even attack you. We need you." she emphasized the you. "Will you do it?" The national anthem began to play through the phone softly as she waited for his response.

Now on the highway, the speed of the truck was greatly reduced from what it was as it went through the forest. Sabrina looked around worriedly, they seemed to be going so slow. The gleaming hope of the city ahead was their chance to beginning freedom.

Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:30 pm

The good doctor zoomed on his hover bike in a bee line towards the nearest superhuman that appeared on his radar. Every tree that approached him was chopped down by his massive scalpel, as if the trees were nothing but tissue paper. He enjoyed this thrill greatly. To be free to go outdoors was disallowed the majority of the time for him ever since he triggered the Judgment Ray.

That was a cruel day for most, but to the doctor it was one of the greatest achievements he had ever accomplished. He had wiped out a whole section of the forest and killed many agents that were caught in the range of the blast. He had fainted after the blast, only to awake days later within his own lab with people hovering above him. He was told he was not allowed to leave the premises due to his recklessness. Only on special occasions and under heavy guard was he allowed to see the light of day.

Kuru was getting a strong read of a super human that was pointing towards a nearby city. Looks like I'm going to be in a crowd. It's the perfect time to be a riot! he began to laugh in his mind cheerfully.

Blue Mage wrote:
Nope, that chick's got tits. Pedobear ain't on that.

Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:11 am

"Well what would you strangers like to have today? We eggs, bacon, pancakes, toast, the whole breakfast shebang," the waitress offered enthusiastically.

Mieville looked over the menu. A typical list of American breakfast items that he'd rather skip came in to view. That was until he eyed the hash browns. He loved hash browns.

"Do you still have any hash browns? I'd love to have some," Mieville ordered.

It may be a good idea to be chatty with the waitress, who no doubt is a people person. He put the menu down after he ordered and pulled out the comm device. It was off at the moment and it was good enough for a makeshift mirror. From it he spied the other people in the diner. An old fart, grumpy and senile no doubt, sat alone in one booth, a couple in another and booth of four, of which there were children. It never hurt to be sure but right now, it was about gathering information. Still he nudged Wyatt and swung his head towards the full booth which was in the same direction.

"Are you gonna order?" he asked slightly faking annoyance before turning to the impromptu mirror again, "Damn I look like hell."

Which was partly true. He hadn't paid too much attention to his hair and it was all over the place. Lacking a hair brush on his person, he started to comb his hair with his fingers. It wasn't as effective but a clump of loose ends came out of it. Long hair did have its down points.

Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:34 am

Currently Playing: Zero Time Dilemma
Edmund did not expect such a serious call. He leaned against the wall as the woman's voice flooded out of the speaker. Each word added to the confusion he was feeling. After she was done speaking the national anthem played softly, indicating that she had finished. Quietly standing up straight, he took a look about his apartment, mentally noting places the guest could sleep. Edmund was always ready to help the government. Lost in his thoughts, he had briefly forgotten that he had yet to respond. He wet his lips once before speaking into the receiver. "I'm willing to help."

Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:35 am

Ray looked at the scratch on his shirt and sighs raising his eyes toward huntress, (Lets see what happens is she is not immune to her prey, When she pressed that button on her belt no single agent came out and she must have triggered something and I have a strong feeling it is something on her suit.) Ray thought getting out of the cabin.
(I should get rid of the protection her suit give first, My best bet is dodge and strike.) Ray planned for his next move and sent a few bolts of lightning toward her head to make her a bit slower in her next attack.

Once upon a time... Animals were telling each other jokes all of them laughed except the donkey, And in the next day they found the donkey laughing and when they asked him for the reason he said "I understood yesterday's joke."

Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:21 pm
Site Moderator

"I already ate dear." Wyatt said sarcasticly, with a weary smile. Still, he read through the menu anyway, and placed it down afterwards. Then, he took to watching Mieville trying to straighten it with his fingers. "Honestly, you should cut it at the next stop." Wyatt paused for a moment, thinking. "Or put it in a ponytail, that'll work."

Last edited by Green Mage on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:05 pm
Site Admin

I hadn't said much to my fellow truck riders but is there really anything to say ?
I guess I'm not here for the company but the protection of having others like me around ; it's somehow soothing.

I can't help but wonder how I ended up where I am or why. I just have to go against my better judgement and trust someone other than Yuri who seems to be awakening from his slumber.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:32 am

*Yawn*

Where am I? Yuri lifted his head from Ira's lap only to notice the strangers around him and the slight motions of the vehicle. After quickly analyzing his surroundings he turned back to the only thing familiar; Ira, in his usual state of deep thinking.

“Ira? What’s fogging your mind? “he asked with concern. Ira broke from his questioning thought and smiled. Instead of a verbal response he ruffled Yuri’s hair sending him the only answer he really needed. causing him to burst out into playful laughter.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:03 am
Site Admin

Bending backwards with quite unnatural reflexes she dodged the bolts of lightning effortlessly. She kicked out with her right leg misleadingly then flipped backwards away from the child. She didn't expect much of a fight from the boy so she felt that she would play with him for a bit. "Come on lightning laddie I'm sure you could do much better than that." she said tauntingly.

"You have made your country proud." said the woman before hanging up the phone. In a darkened corner the woman sighed and slid with her back against the wall to the ground, this wasn't going to be easy.

"Hash browns coming right up honey" she said scribbling the order on the notepad. The other man wasn't hungry so she left the table to cater to the others. Leaving the order for the chef to make, she came around with more plates of steaming breakfast delights. She poured some coffee into the cups of those who asked. Made small talk with some of the patrons, before coming back to their table, with two mugs full of piping hot coffee.

"Here's your java dears." she slid the mugs on the table "So tell me, what brings you to our little town this morning?" she said with a smile.

They were a group of two, both young men, one with blonde hair and electric blue eyes, the other with dark brown hair and green eyes. They looked around nervously, standing beside a large green van, it was clear they had intentions to "borrow" it. The brown haired youth nodded to the blonde, who proceeded to place his hands on the van. There was a small jolt and all the locks flicked up automatically. They entered the van and the blonde pointed his finger to the starter, the van whirred to life and they took off.

"Good job Jump" said the brown haired young man to the blonde.

"It was easy, Shade" replied Jump.

As soon as they had been set free by Margie they left the facility as fast as they could on foot. They had passed through a small town the only sign of life were the streetlights. They didn't bother to stop they had a lot of time before sunrise, and the others who had stayed behind were probably causing some type of diversion. At sunrise they had stopped at a truck stop, they felt like they could walk no longer. Jump used his powers to make chocolate bars come out of a vending machine for the both of them to munch on. It was then that they caught sight of the van, and here they were now driving down the highway towards a large city in the van they had stolen.

They had now entered the city, it was bustling with life and so many people. All of the people seemed to be going somewhere either by bus, subway, taxi cab or even walking, everyone with an important agenda. The truck rumbled along the roads, they passed a plethora of shops with blinking signs or blaring music. Tall skyscrapers extended into the sky, some of the superhumans stretched their necks as much as they possibly could trying to see the tops. Horns honked, people talked on cellphones, a school bell buzzed in the distance.

They continued driving, now entering a more residential area, many condominium and apartment buildings were clustered together. The lumberjack stopped the truck in front of one particular building. It did not have as many stories as some of the other buildings did in the downtown core, the grass and garden out front were somewhat well kept though weeds poked about in some places. They could see a sign for an outdoor pool and a tennis court. All in all the apartment was alright, not the most luxurious though it was acceptable. It was then that Sabrina heard the laughter come from one of the more quiet superhumans. She smiled at the child.

"Ok everyone out." said the lumberjack. They clambered out of the truck some of them stretching after the long ride. The lumberjack entered the building and nodded to one of the two security guards who sat at a desk with various monitors surveying the grounds. They entered the elevator there were ten floors, and three lower levels. The lumberjack pressed the number eight and the elevator raised to the floor, exiting as the elevator dinged. The superhumans followed him like shadows, as he walked down the hall and knocked on Edmund's door. He hoped that Margie had been right.

Landing gracefully on the ground without a sound, a woman with cat ears and a tail looked over the unconscious body of Alexander. She clucked disapprovingly, how someone could leave a child like that she would never understand. Lifting the boy like a bag of flour she slung him over her shoulder and walked away from the area.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:57 pm

Mieville leered Wyatt for that comment. That was until some piping hot brew of Java in a mug was presented to the table.

"Here's your java dears." the waitress said as she slid the mugs on the table smiling, "So tell me, what brings you to our little town this morning?"

"We're bail agents," Mieville replied absent-mindedly.

Then he took a sip of the brew. It was dark and strong, just as he needed. A whole mug of it should keep him awake for a few hours. Senses back to full functioning capacity, he recalled what he just said and before any misunderstandings could take hold,

"We're actually been asked to look for lost, perhaps kidnapped children," he said solemnly now, "It was in the woods and mountains from where we came in this morning. They went missing yesterday and I spent about a whole day driving around looking for them. Think about it, they're lost, scared and most likely tired. I'm going to go to police station in a bit, could you tell me where that is?"

Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:08 am
 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next