The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:18 pm

[ 6 posts ] 
Do we have any artists here? 

I want to try out my new system, Stick Wars, but I need the players to be able to draw. And be able to play a simple stat based game.

STICK WARS! wrote:
Well the premise of this system is that the players never say what they do, they draw it. So when a player wants to pick up a item, they draw their stick figure bending down picking the item up. This makes playing the game easier in situations that require no noise. And it's always a plus to see people's hilarious drawings, or mad dashes to see which player can draw themselves picking up an item first.

When making a character a player distributes 20 points between six stats, Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Perception, and Charisma, with a minimum of 1 and a max of 5*. Skill checks are preformed with this formula: (1d6+ability rank+misc modifiers+drawing modifier**). Misc modifiers are those that a player gets from items or traits.

Traits are special skills and abilities each character has. Things like the ability to fly, or gaining a bonus on hacking. I give each player two traits either from a list like the following or they make their own, with approval.
TRAITS:
Super (strong, smart, charming, ect.): This trait can only be taken if you have a five on the chosen stat. The chosen stat becomes a six.
Mad skillz (hacking, crafting, balancing, ect.): Gives a +3 modifier when attempting the chosen action.
Flying: The character can fly by some means.
Berserker Rage: When the player takes damage, they deal that much extra damage their next attack, provided it is a melee attack and hits.

Stats defined:
Strength: Governs physical power, abilities like pushing a heavy block or kicking in a door.
Dexterity: Governs balance and stealth, abilities like moving silently or strafing a ledge.
Intelligence: Governs knowledge, abilities like hacking or identifying plants.
Perception: Governs the five sences, abilities like detecting noise or noticing a trap.
Charisma: Governs personality, abilities like bluffing or intimadating foes.
Constitution: Governs health, abilities like mantaning consintration or resisting poison.

*A 'Super Trait' can raise it to a max of 6.
**The drawing modifier is normally zero, but for really bad un-understandable, or extra epic drawings this can change.

So anyone interested?

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Tue May 26, 2009 9:17 pm
Site Moderator

This would be better suited to the Art Section, but there aren't any artists in there that would fit your needs. I recommend going to a site dedicated to this sort of thing.

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Wed May 27, 2009 2:09 am

Currently Playing: The Game
I can draw stick men for you.

Wed May 27, 2009 8:16 am

can i join?

Wed May 27, 2009 2:55 pm
Site Moderator

Wow, the Da Vinci's are pouring in.

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Wed May 27, 2009 4:09 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
I can only draw stickmen, hence no contribution to the art section.

Wed May 27, 2009 8:58 pm
 [ 6 posts ]