The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:39 pm

[ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
McLeodGaming Mafia IV [Layton] 
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: sports
Yeah, I was talking with 194 on Skype. I'm not going to go back and find the posts themselves to quote, but here's basically how I figured it out:

Kevin and Pachino were obvious to me. Crabby was very clearly not a mafia: it was easy to see the holes in the logic used to convict him. "Crabby is scum for sure!" *crabby claims* "He hasn't said his role name!" *crabby says his role name* "I STILL VOTE FOR HIM, he's still scummy!". So everyone who voted crabby on day 1 was immediately suspect. I was pretty sure that the Mafia would try to force a "random" lynch on day 1 on a townie, but they would only have 2 of them vote for him to try to avoid looking too suspicious. I felt like BelieveBlood and DJ Wizard Cop wasn't guilty based on what they said earlier. Excluding Panthera (I'll talk about him in a second), that left Kevin and Pachino (Pachino switched away at the end after it became clear there would be no lynch). I don't remember if this was on day 1 or not, but they also posted back-to-back at one point agreeing with each other, further condemning them in my mind. I would have thought that after Kevin was found to be a mafia later on Pachino would have been obvious.

Panthera made a single revealing decision on Day 1. What sealed him as a 3rd party for me was his unexplained switch from voting for Brik to voting for crabby after he became the most popular target, even in the face of the obviously faulty logic that convicted him in the first place. I know Panthera is too smart to make such a poor decision, so at that point I figured he was a shoe-in as a third party.

I felt that Fly or Die played pretty well overall (except for claiming godfather to Panthera in private chat, but I didn't know about that). He just seemed the most likely out of the remaining suspects, partly due to the post where he detailed possible Mafia pairings without mentioning the most obvious one. Also, his posts were very short, nonspecific and noncommittal, which indicates a bit of scumminess to me.

And yeah, I should be able to play next game. Chances are I won't be able to figure everything out on Day 1 next time, though!

Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:08 pm

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
Finally, I'd like to give you the two puzzles that DJ Wiz received and had to solve. He solved the first one fast, but he needed two nights to solve the second. Enjoy!

Puzzle 001 - The tournament: show
Worth the name of a mafia member.

The first SSF2 tournament has just started! HYPE HYPE HYPE!
In pool A, 5 competitors: 194, Void, Crabby, Brik and Zalo. (Note: the pools are round-robin matches. Every player has a match agains all the other players in the group) That pool is possibly the most interesting to see, so you want to know the result!

However, the pool information is incomplete, and this is all we got:

-Void got the first place in the pool.
-194's Mario defeated both Void and Crabby
-Crabby and Brik got tied in the pool.
-Brik, surprisingly, defeated Zalo's Mario.

As this is the first SSF2 tournament, there are no seeds, so every match counts the same.
Can you figure out all the results in the pool?

Puzzle 002 - Ruby Lock: show
This puzzle is worth the name of a mafia member.

"My dearest Ruby:

Remember that security box you have in your room? Well, I... hacked it. And I let something inside of it. Something, that will tell you that thing I have wanted to say to you since I met you. This piece of paper is the only help you will have.

Click to expand thumbnail

I know you can open it. Please, when you do, answer to me... I need to know if you feel the same.

Sincerely,
Me."

Can you figure out the code to open the box, and make Ruby able to know the content of it?
Hint: The code is a NUMBER.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Last edited by Ikuyo on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Currently Playing: Fable III
Faceless Void wrote:
I felt that Fly or Die played pretty well overall (except for claiming godfather to Panthera in private chat, but I didn't know about that). He just seemed the most likely out of the remaining suspects, partly due to the post where he detailed possible Mafia pairings without mentioning the most obvious one. Also, his posts were very short, nonspecific and noncommittal, which indicates a bit of scumminess to me.

That's actually something I do when I'll feeling lazy, but w/e.

And claiming Godfather was stupid of me. I don't know what came over me.
Faceless Void wrote:
And yeah, I should be able to play next game. Chances are I won't be able to figure everything out on Day 1 next time, though!

Hope you're not town =P

Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:34 pm

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
Faceless Void wrote:
Yeah, I was talking with 194 on Skype. I'm not going to go back and find the posts themselves to quote, but here's basically how I figured it out:

Kevin and Pachino were obvious to me. Crabby was very clearly not a mafia: it was easy to see the holes in the logic used to convict him. "Crabby is scum for sure!" *crabby claims* "He hasn't said his role name!" *crabby says his role name* "I STILL VOTE FOR HIM, he's still scummy!". So everyone who voted crabby on day 1 was immediately suspect. I was pretty sure that the Mafia would try to force a "random" lynch on day 1 on a townie, but they would only have 2 of them vote for him to try to avoid looking too suspicious. I felt like BelieveBlood and DJ Wizard Cop wasn't guilty based on what they said earlier. Excluding Panthera (I'll talk about him in a second), that left Kevin and Pachino (Pachino switched away at the end after it became clear there would be no lynch). I don't remember if this was on day 1 or not, but they also posted back-to-back at one point agreeing with each other, further condemning them in my mind. I would have thought that after Kevin was found to be a mafia later on Pachino would have been obvious.

Panthera made a single revealing decision on Day 1. What sealed him as a 3rd party for me was his unexplained switch from voting for Brik to voting for crabby after he became the most popular target, even in the face of the obviously faulty logic that convicted him in the first place. I know Panthera is too smart to make such a poor decision, so at that point I figured he was a shoe-in as a third party.

I look forward to playing with you, sided or against.
It is pretty surprising how you found out on the first day. I wouldn't have been able to even if I saw the second day.
But how about the others? Did you try to find out them?

Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:52 pm

I'm pretty sure once he found the four non-town roles he wouldn't need to try to find the town ones :/

Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:58 pm

MGN Username: Pach
Yeah, after looking back to Day 1, I almost can't believe how scummy I was. I'm actually kind of surprised that no one really suspected me, aside from Panthera of course. Because of this, I pretty much screwed myself and my team, and for that, I am sorry. I'm normally not that scummy on either side, although I've never played forum mafia before. I mostly play on EM, so that might explain everything.

Hopefully, I've learned a thing or two about forum mafia, which will help me do better in the next game.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:58 pm

I screwed us up. Don't even deny it.
Unless you're on competitive lobby, EM is a waste of time. No one actually scumhunts there : (

Oh, and Pachino, did you get my PM about mafia?

Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:08 pm

It wasn't just you Fly or Die. All of us screwed up pretty badly.

And yeah, EM is kind of a waste of time, but I really don't have anywhere else to play mafia. I'm going to get my ticket today though.

Also, PM recieved.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:12 pm

Currently Playing: Namco Museum Megamix
I agree. We all screwed up badly, but I was the worst... I only play EM, sandbox lobby. Naturally, I don't know much about scumhunting, but I know about many different roles. Later, I'll join the training lobby. Then, when I have enough score and karma, I'll buy in to the competition lobby. There's where the fun really is.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:23 pm
YIM

This isn't a bad place to practice forum mafia.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:25 pm

What's your username Kevin?

Also, for anyone who cares, I just got my ticket.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:26 pm

Currently Playing: Namco Museum Megamix
My username in EM is the same as here.
I think I'll stay in the Sandbox Lobby for a while, though. I'd like to try out different game variations, see which ones I'm good at. If you ever see a room with 9 Hunters and 1 Mafia, I probably created it. If it also has Forced Lynch enabled, I definitely my setup.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:23 am
YIM
 [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30