The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:32 pm

[ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 28  Next
Chibi-Robo 

MGN Username: NASAPeepo
Currently Playing: It's my personal life.
Just to keep this fresh.

To whom who don't know. Samus's charge stacked Charge Shot is actually pocketable. I mean it doesn't end the glitch. It keeps the damage and KB of the glitched projectile.

Quick GIF: https://gfycat.com/RadiantFaithfulDamselfly

Someone also asked me if it was actually possible, so I tested it today. Let dem Samus mains do all the work and you take the advantage of it. Pocket it and throw it like your the boss :v

Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:15 am

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
236% LOOL

Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:46 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
good

Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:56 am

Does stale moving work the same way it does in the official smash games? Lately I've been thinking that I can combo into u-air off of a d-throw easier if the moves was more stale. Specifically on light characters such as Puff and Pickachu.

Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:58 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Staling works as in the main games (as in the gist, not the actual implementation).

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:36 pm

I have an idea...

What is Chibi had Fox's b-air in Beta??? :smug:

Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:35 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
I have an idea...

What is Chibi had Fox's b-air in Beta??? :smug:

No

Afaik, its actually weaker. TSON why

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:35 am

Wait? What? Why is b-air weaker? The move (while one of Chibi's best) isn't all that good in the first place (IMO).

Anyway, can someone help me with the Falcon match-up? It's so annoying. Falcon just kills Chibi ridiculously early and due to Chibi's fall speed he gets comboed incredibly easy. When I try to recover I either have to go high or low. If I try going high I get hit with a thousand u-airs. If I recover low I risk going to low. Not only that, but if I'm recovering low with toothbrush I also risk getting spiked with d-air. Though the priority of up-spec really helps out in this regard.

I mean Chibi's good at edge guarding Falcon, but he really struggles at covering a Falcon that tries to recovery low. Not only that, but Chibi's grab (the source of a lot his combos and his only real kill set up) are way to slow. Falcon players usually just spot dodge (even at point blank range) to avoid it and then Chibi is open for a punish (which really sucks due to how light Chibi is). I also think it's a bit ridiculous how Falcon can avoid Chibi's grab with a short hop n-air, but whatever.

The main problem I have is killing. Let's be honest here... Chibi is sucks at killing and a lot of people already know this. B-air isn't all that good unless you're near the edge. Chibi can edge guard Falcon, but the hit box on d-air is kind of... Meh... And trying to stop a Falcon that's recovering low is somewhat difficult (though this depends on the stage... Pretty easy to kill Falcon by hitting him against the stage on FD and ToS with a b-air... For me at least). One of the worst things about is that Chibi's most reliable kill set up is extremely difficult to land (d-throw u-air). This is due to how easily Falcon avoids Chibi's grab and the fact that it doesn't kill until 110% (Chibi's u-air kills most characters at around 80%). While Falcon can just punish a missed grab or utilize his own kill setups/kill moves in general.

The only thing I do like about this match up is how well Chibi can combo Falcon at times.

Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:58 pm
BR Member

I agree, Falcon is way too fast for Chibi to do anything really. He has the mobility advantage in every aspect, so dont even try to catch up with him. Hard punishes are the way to go imo, its just that Chibis punish game is terrible. Grabs should be really avoided unless its for punishing a laggy move or something similar. FThrow becomes a good techchase option, and DTilt/UTilt can replace your throws as a combo setup, although that needs more damage to hit reliably (DTilt to UAir kills at 170 if you read DI iirc), especially UTilt -> run off platform -> Uair is a great setup imo. Recovering low for Falcon isnt that effective from my experience, Lazor, Bair, Nair, FSmash etc. beat out Falcon Dive if well spaced and can gimp pretty effective. Going low yourself however is not good, the nipple spike flatout ignores Chibi Copter. Keep your second jump as long as you can and mix it up a lot. In neutral, remain passive, try to bait something out and then punish accordingly (Fair can link up to 6 times if you do it right and lead into an edgeguard situation). A fresh Bair takes out Falcon suprisingly early (110 from the middle of SV), although killing outside of gimps is really hard because it is too slow, so you need to make the most out of the times when you can edgeguard. I think using a secondary is much more viable however.

Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:53 pm
BR Member

Just going to make a Doube Post once again since there arent really many Chibis left :hmph: Who even plays him by now?

Anyway, I may have found something about hurtboxes. From my more or less extensive testing and overall experience, I have a feeling that the cord is a hurtbox as well (such as Nair and FSmash), which would explain some of the more... questionable trades Ive suffered from. Can somebody (de)confirm this? The spoon and the toothbrush whack seem to work as regular disjoints however. Another thing, you can actually grab anything that crouches if you are close enough, mid-distance or max range will just go over them though.

Another note: Ive underestimated Lazors a lot. Especially in MUs against swordies, this is arguably your best option imo because they´re transcendent and dont suffer from your usual Get-outranged problem. The only problem is the startup, but cant have everything I guess.

Last edited by TSF|Cookies on Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:11 am

MGN Username: NASAPeepo
Currently Playing: It's my personal life.
TSF|Skailler wrote:
Just going to make a Doube Post once again since there arent really many Chibis left :hmph: Who even plays him by now?

Anyway, I may have found something about hurtboxes. From my more or less extensive testing and overall experience, I have a feeling that the cord is a hurtbox as well (such as Nair and FSmash), which would explain some of the more... questionable trades Ive suffered from. Can somebody (de)confirm this? The spoon and the toothbrush whack seem to work as regular disjoints however. Another thing, you can actually anything that crouches if you are close enough, mid-distance or max range will just go over her though.

Another note: Ive underestimated Lazors a lot. Especially in MUs against swordies, this is arguably your best option imo because they´re transcendent and dont suffer from your usual Get-outranged problem. The only problem is the startup, but cant have everything I guess.

I have been improving with Chibi just as good so I am not going to drop him yet :P I feel like there is much more to learn about this character... Who even knows?

I think it's intentional. Actually, until now, I noticed that it's a part of him. He uses it as a weapon. So yeah, this could be a hurtbox intentionally made by devs (you guys are amazing). Also, I tested every move of Chibi that involves the cord, hitting it into Marth's Fsmash. His Fmash doesn't actually hit him if it isn't tippered, which is an advantage for Chibi; you know the spacing. Though, his Jab can outprioritize any of his move that is involved cord pretty easily. His Fsmash may not outprioritize his Nair as tested it by me but I am not so sure.

In my experience, I have never really seem to dislike or underestimate lazors. This move is a type of move I can always rely on, no matter what. Just watch this GIF and see for yourself that how useful it is http://gfycat.com/EvenOrneryGuillemot

From what I have noticed almost everytime. Due to it's low hitstun, it confuses your opponent, mostly leaving your opponent do nothing for a few frames, thus leaving him wide open for a good approach. Your opponent also starts doing random stuff like using the same move again which can be predictable and you can punish him. Who could've thought.

Time to state his flaws. I have struggled online reading my opponent after landing a successful lazor. If I run into a Marth who uses Fsmash, I cancel his move by lazor and he can use Fsmash after 4 (?) frames, giving him a granted tippered Fsmash (due to the landing lag of Chibi whatsoever).

To be honest, the startup lag of his lazor is both a con and a pro. A con cause it makes you predictable. And a pro that you can land a successful hit if your opponent fastfalls or mid-jumps even at the last frame of lazor's startup lag if you are above/down your foe.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:15 am

MGN Username: Juqavies
Currently Playing: SSF2 v0.9b
I Main chibi while I haven't Gotten into the completely technical side of any character really I do see him as a viable character in the meta. :chibirobo: :colonthree:

Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:38 pm
BR Member

Dont worry about much technical stuff, Chibi doesnt really have much in that aspect. And he is somewhat viable, but definetly needs a secondary to back up his terrible high tier MUs. :sheik: :marth: and :fox: sound like they might work imo, but I guess just about any high tier char works. Ive tinkered around with :tails: a bit, but he struggles against swordies as well, which is imo Chibis biggest MU issue (except :sora: ofc) due to both lacking range (at least Tails has speed). Also, if youre new to the char and want to learn more, there is a Chibi guide linked in my sig if you havent seen it already.#s****

EDIT: Im just going to put my replays from the X Annual Group H pools here if anyone actually bothers to watch them. Didnt play at my best, but hey, I got out of pools, so I wont complain.

YouTube Video:
YouTube Video:
YouTube Video:

Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:33 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
If you're going to pick up Sheik, Marth, Tails or Fox and play them at a level where they can win matchups that your main cannot, then why not play them in every matchup? -_0 That doesn't make much sense to me.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:53 pm

MGN Username: Juqavies
Currently Playing: SSF2 v0.9b
I actually found that guide today lol but I'm no stranger to chibi. I'd rather try to perfect the character than get secondaries in which I won't main or secondary any other characters until beta. I do enjoy each play-style of each character but i'd rather continue playing as the rare gem that is chibi. And Yeah you make a point If I know I'll do better with other characters there just really is no point but I don't ever want to drop chibi.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:47 pm
 [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 28  Next