The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:10 pm

[ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 43  Next
Lloyd 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
KarkVant wrote:
Why does Lloyd's down special hit all characters on the same horizontal plane as Lloyd? I understand that it's supposed to hit people on the same platform as you, but it can cross gaps of empty space. I think Lloyd's down special should only hit opponents on the same platform as Lloyd.

[ Image ]

The way Lloyd's dspec is implemented is that it extends a giant hitbox across the screen that only hits grounded opponents (so it hits ppl on the about the same level as him vertically). I do not know if allowing for a variable length hitbox would be possible.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:33 pm

I just picked up Lloyd and started to get the hang of him. I want to know what I can improve based off of this replay.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/c2fun ... oyd.ssfrec
(Note: I'm garbage when it comes to dodging so please don't criticize me horribly for it)

Kazaam in Training, don't judge me. :^)

Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:04 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
poor

Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:12 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
I tried loading up the replay and my screen went black. Sorry m8.

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:27 am

Well that sucks, I guess I might as well describe it then...

Presets: 2 stocks, 5 mins no buffs/debuffs, no extra modes, against a level 8 CPU (It is the most human replication of a real player, Level 9 has inhuman movement, also online mode doesn't work for me :sweat: )

So basically I short-hopped and naired to stun the opponent (which was fox BTW). Then I would use my D-throw, which would lead perfectly into a Quake blade that he could not avoid as he was on the ground. Then he would be thrown towards me, and I would fair him and wait to counter attack. I can't really describe much from there but here are some things I did manage to note.

- I used Side spec to cancel fox's high priority moves
- I used Side Smash to swiftly knock him out whenever I teched off of his attacks.
- I rolled to try and confuse him and that would lead to him being killed by the Down Smash (I did this twice)
- I used Tiger blade for combo purposes and for gimps.
- I died once because I got launched too far and tiger blade couldn't get me back on the stage.
- I finished the battle with 3:50 remaining

You can now help me figure out how I can improve.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:41 am
BR Member

Namranan wrote:
Presets: 2 stocks, 5 mins no buffs/debuffs, no extra modes, against a level 8 CPU (It is the most human replication of a real player, Level 9 has inhuman movement, also online mode doesn't work for me :sweat: )

This alone is completely wrong.
Competitive SSF2 uses 4 stocks 8 mins, no items, hazards etc. with a set of legal stages.
Level 9 does not have inhuman movement. Whatever the CPU can do, people can do aswell.

Also, listing what happened doesn't really help either. Try using SSF2 competitive rules and send a new replay.

My twitter!

Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:44 am

I did the rules you suggested, and this is what happened. This is not one of my best matches because I don't do well against Captain Falcon, but at least it gives you an idea of how I play when I am challenged. Also the CPU is level 9 now, I thought it would be scrubby if I couldn't go against real opponents. :sweat:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yyvkd ... GG7.ssfrec

Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:21 am

Suli Hyuga wrote:
Level 9 does not have inhuman movement. Whatever the CPU can do, people can do aswell.

Anyone else remembering a certain fox ditto gfy someone did where the CPU fox shined on the ground, jumped into the air, shined again and canceled shine into Nair?

Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:10 am

I had an idea. What if Lloyd's side-special was a multi-hitting move? Instead of it just being a sudden burst of knock back, it could multi-hit opponents and then have a decent bit of knock back at the end of it. This would make the move much balanced (IMO). This means characters who rely heavily on their vertical recoveries/recovering in general ( :marth: :bomberman: :fox:) can now recover easier against Lloyd because they'd be able to SDI/DI (don't know which one is used to escape moves like this) to escape it, and then attempt to recover again.

However, I'm not sure if this is how the move actually works in the game, but considering that Ichigo's neutral-special is a thing... I think the devs can stretch the abilities of Lloyd's side-special just a bit.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:39 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: sports
all of those characters can just sweetspot right

fsmash is the real oppressive move for edgeguarding

Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:33 pm
Faceless Void wrote:
all of those characters can just sweetspot right

fsmash is the real oppressive move for edgeguarding

Eh... Sweet-spotting isn't always that easy (especially for Fox, but I'm okay with that...). Not only that, but the move is still pretty oppressive. I think it would be more balanced as a multi-hit.

However, I honestly don't mind f-smash outside of the long lasting hit box. The knock always seemed somewhat lackluster, and I always found myself being saved by the move instead of being KOed. Perhaps it has something to do with my DI, but the move always sent the character I was playing as slightly upward. This only made recovering easier for me... At least for me.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:28 pm

Void is saying that Lloyd can just spam Fsmash on the ledge and certain characters simply can not get passed it.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:05 am
BR Member

0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
I had an idea. What if Lloyd's side-special was a multi-hitting move? Instead of it just being a sudden burst of knock back, it could multi-hit opponents and then have a decent bit of knock back at the end of it. This would make the move much balanced (IMO).

>Down Smash

My twitter!

Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:21 am

So apparently if you perform Llyod's up-throw on Hylain Skies while the stage is transforming Lloyd will be KO'ed. Good stuff (Not sure if people knew this already).

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:18 pm

we knew about Black Mage's Dthrow but not Lloyds Uthrow :o
But it doesn't matter competitively because the stage is not legal.
Good find though

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:30 pm
 [ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 43  Next